• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

rkowna

Please proceed directly to April 12, 2011, for a steaming Noory masterpiece.  Unreal-

Hour 1-  Just Warming Up-  Mispronounces Yuri Gagarin.  So bad I can't reproduce here.  No key exists for the whargable. 

Hour 2-  Has a decent guest on with some theory about 2012.  George is bored 5 minutes in.  Why?  Unlike the rest of the 2012 guests this guy feels we won;t even notice the change.  The guy then goes into detail about mayan astronomy. Art would have eaten it up, kind of like the first Michio Kaku appearance.  The guy tracked down the whole mystique to an observatory near Quito.  He then asks the Snoremeister General if he would like detail on what happens?  No, I don't want to go into boring stuff about orbits and scientific explanations. That sums this moron up.

Hours 3 and 4 are pure Noory Gold.  On comes Coast to Coast"Scientific Advisor", Richard Hoagland, back from a successful trip to Amsterdam where he wowed 400 "scientists" with his genius.  George is thrilled because three people who live in Europe listen to Coast and knew who he was. Then ten minutes of how they are taking the show international. 

Anyway, as it happens, Hoagland has solved 9/11.  An Australian spy cornered Richard in a bar, bought him a drink, and told him "someone we don't like is here."  From this, Hogan pieces together that Nazis that launched themselves into the outer solar system from a secret base on Antarctica (could have been the Arctic, I was picking myself off the floor) were at it again.  It seems that these Nazi's fired a special beam into New York on 9/11.  This beam reflects off targets it doesn't want to hit, and did the damage it was meant to do.

Art would have been laughing so hard he would have had to have been revived.  George?  Heavy stuff Richard, keep us posted. 

He is the human stump. Run, Arthur, run.  As far away from this sh#tbomb as you can.

b_dubb

i want someone to surgically attach a muzzle to hoagland.  let the mouth diarrhea stop

anagrammy

Quote from: rkowna on April 18, 2011, 03:22:56 PM
Please proceed directly to April 12, 2011, for a steaming Noory masterpiece.  Unreal-

Hour 1-  Just Warming Up-  Mispronounces Yuri Gagarin.  So bad I can't reproduce here.  No key exists for the whargable. . . He is the human stump. Run, Arthur, run.  As far away from this sh#tbomb as you can.

Wiping my eyes, rkowna, keep it up.  I love your signature and think it would make a great new thread.  Since you started, would you please start one for Art's Best Quotes?  It helps remind us why we bother.

Anagrammy

jinwicked

Quote from: rkowna on April 18, 2011, 03:22:56 PM
Anyway, as it happens, Hoagland has solved 9/11.  An Australian spy cornered Richard in a bar, bought him a drink, and told him "someone we don't like is here."  From this, Hogan pieces together that Nazis that launched themselves into the outer solar system from a secret base on Antarctica (could have been the Arctic, I was picking myself off the floor) were at it again.  It seems that these Nazi's fired a special beam into New York on 9/11.  This beam reflects off targets it doesn't want to hit, and did the damage it was meant to do.

Are you... are you fucking serious? Is this for real? I cannot tell anymore.

haloedorchid

Maybe this explains some of George's mental decline.

Scully

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 18, 2011, 10:15:38 PM

omg ... turmeric, George's secret weapon ... wonder how many others he's taken down this lead-laden path to insanity with him ... oh, the humanity ...  :P

jinwicked

Did he admit one night that he takes about eighty pills per day, or am I misremembering?

haloedorchid

Quote from: jinwicked on April 18, 2011, 10:39:04 PM
Did he admit one night that he takes about eighty pills per day, or am I misremembering?
I am not sure, actually. I would not be surprised, though.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think he did say once he takes a tablespoonful a day. If it's anything like taking a spoonful of cinnamon, then he is an official lying sack o' shit. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cinnamon+challenge

b_dubb

i can't trust generic anything sold at a store like walmart or target.  the local grocery store has it's own generic brand.  but ... i digress ...

GEORGE NOORY SUCKS

Usagi

Oh my god, this has made my day.  And it's even generic, because you know Noory is a cheap bastard.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Usagi on April 19, 2011, 12:05:22 AMAnd it's even generic, because you know Noory is a cheap bastard.
Exactly. His hair color is from a can; there's no way he buys top-shelf spices.

George sucks

Well, there's at least one good thing to come from George hosting - turmeric. Stuff works. You only notice it if you have a health problem of some kind though. Had a wisdom tooth coming in, ripping thru the gum, trying to grow out. Mouth gets infected, wound in mouth = infection. Started taking it. Mouth is fine. Stop taking it. Mouth gets inflamed again. Start again, mouth is fine. Stop, bad again. Fast forward, now the wisdom tooth really wants to come in. Trying to move a whole rack of teeth forward to make room, not going to happen. Wisdom tooth ended up cracking into pieces trying to move the other teeth. I spit little pieces of it out every once in awhile. It's better than the dentist bill. Mouth is perfectly fine, no pain. Wisdom tooth obliterated itself. Probably should get the pieces taken out though.

And then there are the back problems, haven't been in the hospital since taking it. I take it whenever I remember. Mix it with something and some water. Heaping teaspoon. Just down it and get it over with. Take some black pepper with it, helps with absorption.

What's the deal with George and the stammering while he is trying to formulate a question as he is asking it. It's like he doesn't even have a question yet, but starts to ask anyway. So the question begins with an embarrassing awkward moment... "d...dt..dt...dewwww.....jewwww..........c..ckhew...........    do you think it was a portal?".....

In the beginning, I thought maybe it was his speech impediment showing up. Then, now, I think he doesn't even have a question ready. Is caught off guard. The guest stopped speaking, oh no, defcon 5 - got to come up with a question. He's looking at his cue cards. Thinks he has one, then thinks the guest just answered it so he can't ask that one. More fumbling with the cue cards. Or he is scanning thru the fast blasts, looking for a question within the ten other fast blasts that say "fuck you asshole". Thinks he has one, starts to ask it. Then realizes the question he is reading as he is trying to ask it goes no where. Or Tommy, or whoever, is reading him a question in his head phones. Scrambling to read him a question, because George just fell on his face again. 

Within the past month or two I was able to catch him in the worst crash and burn question failure I've ever heard him have. Was seriously embarrassing. Long question that ended up going no where. He was obviously having a major problem forming a question yet was still trying to talk, ton of stammering, changed the question mid stream after he finally figured out a 'good one' (via headphones, cue card, or fast blast). And for all that the question ended up being some elementary level inquiry.

valdez

Quote from: George sucks on April 19, 2011, 12:36:49 AM
In the beginning, I thought maybe it was his speech impediment showing up. Then, now, I think he doesn't even have a question ready. Is caught off guard. The guest stopped speaking, oh no, defcon 5 - got to come up with a question. He's looking at his cue cards. Thinks he has one, then thinks the guest just answered it so he can't ask that one. More fumbling with the cue cards. Or he is scanning thru the fast blasts, looking for a question within the ten other fast blasts that say "fuck you asshole". Thinks he has one, starts to ask it. Then realizes the question he is reading as he is trying to ask it goes no where. Or Tommy, or whoever, is reading him a question in his head phones. Scrambling to read him a question, because George just fell on his face again. 
You nailed it.  His "improvisational" questions are so apparent and could be avoided if he had the capacity and curiosity to engage the guest.
     Tonight he starts off reporting on some letter JFK wrote days before his assassination on the subject of ufos.  Probably a fraud, but worthy of conversation, and maybe even bringing on Hoagland to comment.  Instead George drops it and proceeds with his first interview with Dennis Maness on the importance of ...sleep. "Why do we yawn?  Is it because the body needs oxygen?" No. It's because c2c needs a host worth a damn.  Next segment with Lynne McTaggart on how everybody is connected cosmically, during which he does an ad for his Liberty safes and he says that during the recent southern tornados a Liberty Safe owner's home was destroyed but the safe was still standing.  First of all, I don't believe it.  Second of all, does his cheap opportunism have any limits?

rkowna

Quote from: jinwicked on April 18, 2011, 07:35:57 PM
Are you... are you fucking serious? Is this for real? I cannot tell anymore.

I sat through the whole thing.  I suggest anyone having second thoughts, feeling bad for George, or anyone who is having a bad day listen  to April 12.  It was the ultimate Noorycast.  I left stuff out for the sake of the reader.  Like when they had a ceremony on the 32nd space shuttle to commemorate the end of Newtonian physics and ushering in the new hyper whatever physics that Richard has proven.

rkowna

Quote from: George sucks on April 19, 2011, 12:36:49 AM
Well, there's at least one good thing to come from George hosting - turmeric. Stuff works. You only notice it if you have a health problem of some kind though. Had a wisdom tooth coming in, ripping thru the gum, trying to grow out. Mouth gets infected, wound in mouth = infection. Started taking it. Mouth is fine. Stop taking it. Mouth gets inflamed again. Start again, mouth is fine. Stop, bad again. Fast forward, now the wisdom tooth really wants to come in. Trying to move a whole rack of teeth forward to make room, not going to happen. Wisdom tooth ended up cracking into pieces trying to move the other teeth. I spit little pieces of it out every once in awhile. It's better than the dentist bill. Mouth is perfectly fine, no pain. Wisdom tooth obliterated itself. Probably should get the pieces taken out though.

See?  You judge him, and you know nothing.  George doesn't understand science?  Now who doesn't understand science.  George did a full on clinical trial with tumeric.  He did the active portion when he took it and got better, the placebo portion when he went off and it hurt, and now is in the FDA black box trials due to the fact that while it relieves pain his tooth rotted, crumbled, and the residual infection will cause brain damage.

Stump.  That is all. 

And then there are the back problems, haven't been in the hospital since taking it. I take it whenever I remember. Mix it with something and some water. Heaping teaspoon. Just down it and get it over with. Take some black pepper with it, helps with absorption.

What's the deal with George and the stammering while he is trying to formulate a question as he is asking it. It's like he doesn't even have a question yet, but starts to ask anyway. So the question begins with an embarrassing awkward moment... "d...dt..dt...dewwww.....jewwww..........c..ckhew...........    do you think it was a portal?".....

Within the past month or two I was able to catch him in the worst crash and burn question failure I've ever heard him have. Was seriously embarrassing. Long question that ended up going no where. He was obviously having a major problem forming a question yet was still trying to talk, ton of stammering, changed the question mid stream after he finally figured out a 'good one' (via headphones, cue card, or fast blast). And for all that the question ended up being some elementary level inquiry.

anagrammy

Quote from: valdez on April 19, 2011, 04:44:43 AM
     You nailed it.  His "improvisational" questions are so apparent and could be avoided if he had the capacity and curiosity to engage the guest.
     Tonight he starts off reporting on some letter JFK wrote days before his assassination on the subject of ufos.  Probably a fraud, but worthy of conversation, and maybe even bringing on Hoagland to comment.  Instead George drops it and proceeds with his first interview with Dennis Maness on the importance of ...sleep. "Why do we yawn?  Is it because the body needs oxygen?" No. It's because c2c needs a host worth a damn.  Next segment with Lynne McTaggart on how everybody is connected cosmically, during which he does an ad for his Liberty safes and he says that during the recent southern tornados a Liberty Safe owner's home was destroyed but the safe was still standing.  First of all, I don't believe it.  Second of all, does his cheap opportunism have any limits?

No, Valdez, it doesn't.  He would have no problem suggesting that the Chilean miners probably wished they had taken down a C-crane radio and some efood.  Or that turmeric might help the Japanese victims of radiation, after all, it helps him. 

George continues to link things that have no linkage and OMG the cheww, ewww,  errr,  uhhhhmmmm beginnings of his questions are definitely him trying to scroll and listen to Tom at the same time.  Laughing, seriously entertaining he is so bad.

There is one thing that irritates the hell out of me.  He is FINALLY interviewing an interesting guest and I'm into the subject and a break comes up.  George does his usual "We'll learn more about the (fill in the last three words the guest said) after the break..."  And then he completely derails the topic and asks something completely unrelated.  I cannot COUNT the number of times I have yelled Noooooooo!  Nooooooo! to my ceiling when Noory did this.  The last time was particularly annoying because I wanted the details:

GUEST:  The officials at the nuclear site have been falsifying records and lying to the media.
NOORY:  We'll learn more about that lying to the media after the break...
NOORY:  Were there any UFOs reported over the nuclear facility or anywhere in Japan during the crisis?

ARRGGHHHHHHHHH!

Curiosity has been linked with high IQ.  I suspect that George's poor performance may be due to his lack of interest in paranormal topics combined with low IQ.  I'm sure he would have made a great dentist (I'm going to be with you to the end!)

Anagrammy

George sucks

Quote from: rkowna on April 19, 2011, 05:18:45 AM
See?  You judge him, and you know nothing.  George doesn't understand science?  Now who doesn't understand science.  George did a full on clinical trial with tumeric.  He did the active portion when he took it and got better, the placebo portion when he went off and it hurt, and now is in the FDA black box trials due to the fact that while it relieves pain his tooth rotted, crumbled, and the residual infection will cause brain damage.

Stump.  That is all.

Don't know what that was all about. Noory's pimping turmeric aside, its healing/anti-inflammatory qualities are well documented. Anyone can use their google-fu to check it out.

My mouth and teeth are perfectly fine. No rot or infection. Taking turmeric is an inconvenience, hence the not taking/taking it. No clinical trial.

George sucks

Quote from: anagrammy on April 19, 2011, 10:24:28 AM
There is one thing that irritates the hell out of me.  He is FINALLY interviewing an interesting guest and I'm into the subject and a break comes up.  George does his usual "We'll learn more about the (fill in the last three words the guest said) after the break..."  And then he completely derails the topic and asks something completely unrelated.  I cannot COUNT the number of times I have yelled Noooooooo!  Nooooooo! to my ceiling when Noory did this.  The last time was particularly annoying because I wanted the details:

GUEST:  The officials at the nuclear site have been falsifying records and lying to the media.
NOORY:  We'll learn more about that lying to the media after the break...
NOORY:  Were there any UFOs reported over the nuclear facility or anywhere in Japan during the crisis?

Oh, that's a good one. I'm right there with you. The number of times I've wanted to reach thru the radio and choke him unconscious for not maintaining the most basic level of congruency are too numerous to tally.

He has his quirks, then he has his inability to maintain a basic level of professionalism. Inability to do the job. It's those things that go beyond a guffaw, something to be laughed at. How simple is it to do the basics of good radio? Has to be a short list. Remaining congruently on topic has to be one of them. Noory can't do any of them.

Quote from: anagrammy on April 19, 2011, 10:24:28 AM
Curiosity has been linked with high IQ.  I suspect that George's poor performance may be due to his lack of interest in paranormal topics combined with low IQ.  I'm sure he would have made a great dentist (I'm going to be with you to the end!)

I think you have nailed it. The guy is just stupid. A stupid person who can't listen because of no interest makes for a George Noory. All though I think his inability to listen is compounded by his self-centeredness. He is waiting for the guest to stop talking vs. listening because he doesn't care what anyone else says. He's just waiting to hear the sound of his own voice.

Anyone remember when he was running those prerecorded narratives, stories he would insert into the program? He would play a recording of him reading a story. Made me want to puke.   

jinwicked

Quote from: Usagi on April 19, 2011, 12:05:22 AM
Oh my god, this has made my day.  And it's even generic, because you know Noory is a cheap bastard.

Target's Archer Farms products are typically good. I have a whole pantry door full of these.

They are for cooking though. I guess I assumed he was taking turmeric in a capsule or something.

The eighty pills were, if I recall correctly, all of the different supplements he takes, etc.

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/showthread.php?threadid=32702

JeffreyLXV

Quote from: Late Night 211 on April 12, 2011, 12:12:56 AM
I'm listening to Noory and he's asking Ventura questions before he even finishes answering. On top of that they're not follow up questions, he changes subjects at will. I mean good interviews become personal and when you talk and LISTEN you give reactions to answers , like a laugh or a comment to the answer. It sounds like George has a list of questions he reads off of and he just wants to get them all in. Humans interview, robots ask questions. Sorry, now i realize why this thread is here.

The Jessie Ventura interview was one Noory show I tried to listen to.  I made it through a lot of it...  Noory's self-aggrandizing finally overwhelmed me.  I turned it off the second-time Noory mentioned he was an officer in the Navy.  Was he trying to position himself above Ventura?

And Ventura seemed to have held back, at least from the portion I heard. Ventura was more forthcoming on some other interviews. Was he miffed at Noory?

valdez

The first segment about pharmaceuticals (Dr. john Abramson) was lost on me, and I thought Egyptologist Robert Bauval would be the same rehash of aliens and such, but it turned out to be (with minimal interuptions by George) interesting and level  headed.  Most of it was spent trashing George's old pal, Zahi Hawass, the  Egyptian Minister of Culture, who was fired, then arrested, then rehired, and maybe he's going to jail, or maybe not.  George has spoken highly of him, but tonight he joined in throwing him under bus.  Ah, the winds of revolution.

Zahi Hawass

Quote from: valdez on April 20, 2011, 05:01:09 AM
    The first segment about pharmaceuticals (Dr. john Abramson) was lost on me, and I thought Egyptologist Robert Bauval would be the same rehash of aliens and such, but it turned out to be (with minimal interuptions by George) interesting and level  headed.  Most of it was spent trashing George's old pal, Zahi Hawass, the  Egyptian Minister of Culture, who was fired, then arrested, then rehired, and maybe he's going to jail, or maybe not.  George has spoken highly of him, but tonight he joined in throwing him under bus.  Ah, the winds of revolution.

Zahi Hawass

Maybe Georgie is mad at Zahi because Zahi got better ratings on his Egyptian Mummies cable show than Georgie gets on his Ancient Alien cable show appearances.

Usagi

I turn on Coast for something to listen to while I do the dishes, what do I hear? Birthers and abiotic oil.

Fuck this.  This is an embarrassment.  I quit Coast.

Usagi

Guest:  "I buried a cat and dug it up a few years later and there was no oil.  Maybe some fur and some bones 'n stuff."

There is more than one thing that disturbs me about this statement.

jinwicked

Quote from: Usagi on April 20, 2011, 11:40:23 PM
I turn on Coast for something to listen to while I do the dishes, what do I hear? Birthers and abiotic oil.

Finishing a drawing, I almost made this exact post. Then thought meh... different day, same shit.

At least I do not suffer alone. (Usagi, I am amused by hipster Ariel every time I see her.)

Pseudonaut

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 17, 2011, 12:10:58 PM

Noory will never address the Art issue because there's no reason to. Noory's core audience thinks of Art as "that weekend host". Art's diehards are long gone, they're not tuning in to Noory. Actually, he could bash Art with little fear of retribution, due to Art's power having been diminished with time, he's not viewed as a power player in radio or media 2011.

This post made me so incredibly sad, because you're absolutely right.

:-[

jinwicked

Richard Hoagland out of nowhere. My personal name for C2CAM has been George and Friends for months.

And I actually had not heard this guest before! Time to find the bottom of a bottle of Benedryl.

Pseudonaut

Quote from: jinwicked on April 21, 2011, 01:45:21 AM
Richard Hoagland out of nowhere. My personal name for C2CAM has been George and Friends for months.

And I actually had not heard this guest before! Time to find the bottom of a bottle of Benedryl.

I hadn't heard him before either, and he's decent! Boggles why they'd bring RCH on here, and btw, wasn't that just a totally awkward moment? RCH saying he's never even read the book, the guest laughing uncomfortably, and George saying "Haha it's like 'This is Your Life,' huh?".

Sad...

Roger

Well, since the show isn't any longer about being curioius, deep or . . .
curious, but a kind of comedy . . . right-wing comedy and host-gaffs . . .
don't know what to say.

Is it a success because it is rediculous, or a failure because it is
a fraud?

Well, what if Obama isn't from this planet? I guess it is comedy when they
argue about his lack of an earth-founded BC.  Yeah! Good idea. How do we
know Reagan was from Earth!  Can't aliens fake everything with their
'advanced' methods?

Well, back to earth.  GN and C2C are solidly on the same ground as
'Rush', whom, by the way, Art Bell would never denigrate. I can understand
why: brother in radio business, saying nothing about political persuasion.
(sp?)  Bell, at least, owned up and admitted that, though his 'inroads'
began with the same kind of ilk that Rush rose upon, he had to withdraw
and move more to 'center' and finally said he was much more in tune with
Libertarianism than the extremes of 'left' or 'right': democrats or republicans.

Art lost millions when, one night he said: 'why shouldn't they get married'
referring to non-traditional marriage.

Nobody seems to remember that and the subsequent outfall.

My big question was: why is an entertainer trying to pull off influence of
public opinion?

Same thing has been observed with Leno, Letterman . . . hell, maybe if
we should go back and look at other 'late night' hosts, we'd find: not neutral.

Letterman pretty much shut Katie Curich down the other night, which she
endured graciously.  Yet he had cause to mock her.  And why not? What are
they going to do? Fire him?  He has it all, has done it all, and by no
means is anyone going to make him go broke.

Yet, I had to question his method.  She was trying to be patient, but
finally said: I guess I'll just listen.

Letterman's subtext was: she is a propoganda whore.

Well, I wouldn't know.  If I had ADHD, having no patience for the long,
drawn-out GETTING TO ANY POINT, I might tear at my hair.

Abundance of commercial interruptions,
'teasers', repitition . . . . anyone might become 'ill'. So is it any wonder
when so many express wonder at how this carp and crap gets
any attention whatever?

Has to be a form of addiction, drug, hypnosis: not asleep, not really
awake or, more likely, not very important and simply a variant form of:
ENTERTAINMENT.

Even if the 'entertainment' means suffering fellow humanity.

'Ah, how cute'; or 'ah, how sad'; or 'ah, how much I want that head of hair'
or 'ah, what a sexy lawn-mower!'

Ah, 'tis all a dream, beauty or terror, however much it be! Yet tomorrow
shall I awake, and go about my business!'

Tv trays, microwave dinners at ready, radio dial already quued in like
clock-work: then 'real sleep' to add to the waking sleep.  Very good.
Let's go!

Who's with who!?

That's one stream, and it is only entertainment.

The other stream, the more powerful stream is daily life of work, making
and doing that has immeasurable continuity from ancient times.

The bad things of behaviour, thankfully is less and less.  Some bad things
or bad judgements might sneak into the mix, but they, too: will be sifted
out from something deeper that has had persistance all through all forms
of cooptions, unfair dominances, tyranny, cheating, stealing, killing,
lying and plain old brattiness.

What's gonna work?  What is, after all, not so funny or all that good?

I think we all know it.  Radio, right now, has been hijacked to a puny,
ugly, perverted and not very entertaining format.

Not even a million people saying canabalism has some 'advantages' or can
be deemed rational, makes canabalism, to me, a good idea or a good form
of will and intent.

Come to think of it, not seeing how what has come forth today in radio
as even comedy.

When was, ever, a train wreck funny?

valdez

Jerome Corsi teasing his upcoming book, Where's the Birth Certificate?  I haven't thought much about this, but it is disturbing that even when a politician says, "I take him at his word that he was born in Hawaii", that person is thrown into the birther category by the left.  Anything less than absolute certainty is considered birther.  As long as the original certificate remains elusive, there will be doubt, and people should not be attacked for expressing it. 
     Joseph P. Farrell on the ancient advanced civilizations.  Richard C. makes a cameo.  George says he believes aliens created the human race.  It's the second time I've heard him state this.  I take note of this because, depending on the guest, he will lower his "belief" down to a "possibility", and sometimes down to a "who knows?"  He also likes to say, "you don't know what I believe."  Yeah.  Right.  Whatever, George.

Dr. Jerome Corsi
Corsi