• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Have you been Hannitized?

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 09:51:55 AM

Marc.Knight

Sean has not been one of my top favorites, but he has a strong, loyal following.  Have any of you been Hannitized?

aldousburbank

Allrighty Marc, I'll be the first to take the bait here.  Hannity seems like a genuinely nice fellow, probably a great family man who never once wanted to kick the cat.  But his radio program (no TV here at the Burbank compound) sounds like a three-fingered over-caffeinated table saw operator cutting the soul of our nation into 2 clean pieces, "libs" and conservawhatevers.  This works out nice for the producers as the two pieces fit together to form a nice crucifix for old helmet hair to crucify the baby jesus de jour with.  Radio Philistine.  Plus, his voice sounds just like Phil Collins sucking helium, right?  And what, HumdiddyHumdiddyHumdumdumb?  This guy does run on sentences like Snoorage does suckage.  Hang on...  That's it!  Coast To Coast With Sean Hannity!  I would love that.  Sean's a great guy!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 17, 2011, 10:41:19 AM
Allrighty Marc, I'll be the first to take the bait here.  Hannity seems like a genuinely nice fellow, probably a great family man who never once wanted to kick the cat.  But his radio program (no TV here at the Burbank compound) sounds like a three-fingered over-caffeinated table saw operator cutting the soul of our nation into 2 clean pieces, "libs" and conservawhatevers.  This works out nice for the producers as the two pieces fit together to form a nice crucifix for old helmet hair to crucify the baby jesus de jour with.  Radio Philistine.  Plus, his voice sounds just like Phil Collins sucking helium, right?  And what, HumdiddyHumdiddyHumdumdumb?  This guy does run on sentences like Snoorage does suckage.  Hang on...  That's it!  Coast To Coast With Sean Hannity!  I would love that.  Sean's a great guy!

Love the analysis.  He tends to stay away from any opportunity for analysis, a la Nooron.

aldousburbank

BTW, to answer the question- This is kind of embarrassing but I was Hannitized once, back in the '70s.  Boy was I sore for the next couple of days!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 17, 2011, 10:57:52 AM
BTW, to answer the question- This is kind of embarrassing but I was Hannitized once, back in the '70s.  Boy was I sore for the next couple of days!

Did it make you a Great American? :o

aldousburbank

Do I need to get a life or is this radio nerd, host bitch slapping funner than hell?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 17, 2011, 11:05:28 AM
Do I need to get a life or is this radio nerd, host bitch slapping funner than hell?

If Hell is funny, then it is funnier than that.  I love the weird leprechaun type music Hannity plays when someone gets Hannitized.  I'll never think about that the same way after reading your post.

MV/Liberace!

i find that if i'm looking for information, hannity is NOT the man to turn to.  he provides no analysis... only dried up "conservative" talking points that went stale 15 years ago.  there's no intellectual footwork taking place behind what he does.   it's lazy radio.  if i want conservative talk radio, i'll turn to rush limbaugh.  he's far better at it than hannity EVER could be, and i'll come away from rush actually having been exposed to some of the best analysis available anywhere in political media.  i see hannity's success as a reflection of the dumbing down of our culture.  i can tell you what his take on ANY issue will be without him even having to take a breath.  he's predictable, unintelligent, seemingly uneducated, and boring.

down with the wall-banger.

aldousburbank

Rush is definitely the smartest, funniest kid in the class, except maybe for Savage, but he's the loner guy who drinks cheap wine at recess and writes in his journal. Hannity is the letterman with the cheerleader girlfriends and the teeth and dad's car.  O'rielly is the loudmouth who dropped out cuz he's too smart for school, and Schultz is the kid with the pocket protector.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 17, 2011, 12:15:12 PM
Rush is definitely the smartest, funniest kid in the class, except maybe for Savage, but he's the loner guy who drinks cheap wine at recess and writes in his journal. Hannity is the letterman with the cheerleader girlfriends and the teeth and dad's car.  O'rielly is the loudmouth who dropped out cuz he's too smart for school, and Schultz is the kid with the pocket protector.
i'm sorry, but i nearly did a spit take when i saw you included schultz's name with the others.  he's nowhere near the league they play in.

Best spit take ever

haloedorchid

Hannity isn't on any of the AM stations around here, but Colmes plays on the weekend, and his show is terrible. Not to get too off-topic, but they did (do?) have a show together.

George Drooly

Yeah, Hannity is dull, stupid and redundant. Not one original thought passes his lips (I doubt any exist behind them, either). Also, his bullshit about his working class background isn't doing himself or anyone else from that strata any favors; all I care about is a person's intelligence, and he exhibits none; compare him to someone like Adam Carolla, who at least can still talk knowledgeably about cars and construction despite being - LITERALLY - a millionaire. On the other hand, Carolla's family was, to some extent, in showbiz, which is always a huge step up, so who knows.

Colmes, though, I like. Liberals are notoriously unfunny in my opinion, but his treatment of the near-retard conservatives who call his show cracks me up.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: George Drooly on March 17, 2011, 10:21:35 PM
Colmes, though, I like. Liberals are notoriously unfunny in my opinion, but his treatment of the near-retard conservatives who call his show cracks me up.
although colmes' opinions usually make me puke (o.j. was innocent?????), i think he comes across as a really nice guy you'd enjoy being around.  i always liked him as a human.  i also agree with you wholeheartedly about liberals being notoriously unfunny.  i understand the apparent tendency for most comedians/entertainers to be liberals, but when you see them out of their element discussing politics or whatever "cause" they've chosen to sponge off of, they come across as militant, bitter, condescending assholes who take themselves far too seriously.  i think conservatives are more capable of laughing at themselves.  just my observation.

onan

Quote from: Michael V. on March 18, 2011, 12:39:04 AM
although colmes' opinions usually make me puke (o.j. was innocent? ??? ?), i think he comes across as a really nice guy you'd enjoy being around.  i always liked him as a human.  i also agree with you wholeheartedly about liberals being notoriously unfunny.  i understand the apparent tendency for most comedians/entertainers to be liberals, but when you see them out of their element discussing politics or whatever "cause" they've chosen to sponge off of, they come across as militant, bitter, condescending assholes who take themselves far too seriously.  i think conservatives are more capable of laughing at themselves.  just my observation.

And as I see it, change the usage of liberal to conservative and vice versa and it would be valid. But we both probably look through a dark colored glass.

I thought Dennis Miller was hilarious when he slanted towards liberalism and now... not so much. To be fair there are some pretty funny conservatives well one at least P.J. Orourke (sp) the man cracks me up even though I disagree with some of his points.

I really think it is time to take a deep breath though. When we start to evaluate ideas by who says them instead of what they are saying we are in the deep end of trouble. And please excuse me here but the fucking shitheads the play one side against the other deserve to be gut-shot at close range. It does none of us any service to demonize the ideals of either conservatism or liberalism because like it or not they both got us to where we are for both good and bad.

And it is goddamn time we all start to use critical thinking instead of listening to people that are paid by stirring the shit. Michael Weiner Savage, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity are deserving of a special place in hell and even though I am an athiest, I hope they burn.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on March 18, 2011, 09:28:26 AM
I really think it is time to take a deep breath though. When we start to evaluate ideas by who says them instead of what they are saying we are in the deep end of trouble.

I like what you say.  To me, the things is, left wing right wing: one's on one side of the bird and one's on the other, but neither is the fucking bird.  Then again, you cut either one off and the bird's screwed.

slipstream

I listen to Hannity if there is nothing else on.  I found his show to be bland Republican talking points with very little independent thinking going on.  When he got his own show on Fox News the only segment I bothered with was the round table discussion.  Oh, and the perfunctory, "You're a great American.", makes me want to puke.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on April 06, 2011, 09:26:10 PM
Oh, and the perfunctory, "You're a great American.", makes me want to puke.
Oh, jesus... no kidding. I can't take that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bell2Gray

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 17, 2011, 12:37:51 PM
Hannity isn't on any of the AM stations around here, but Colmes plays on the weekend, and his show is terrible. Not to get too off-topic, but they did (do?) have a show together.
Colmes is great, he takes on all callers and has excellent, informed opinions and is fun to listen to.  Ring of Fire is also a very good radio show btw, in my opinion.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Bell2Gray on April 20, 2011, 10:42:20 PM
Colmes is great, he takes on all callers and has excellent, informed opinions and is fun to listen to.  Ring of Fire is also a very good radio show btw, in my opinion.
Everytime I've heard him, which is admittedly very infrequently, he mocks callers who disagree with him in an annoying voice. I don't know, he is just off-putting. Maybe he just doesn't deal with callers very well. At least from what I've heard. /disclaimering.

Quote from: onan

And it is goddamn time we all start to use critical thinking instead of listening to people that are paid by stirring the shit.

Spot on, sir. 

I'm so overwhelmed by the fact that a woman with a tv show can bully a woman into committing suicide and a man with a radio show can tell a caller her husband should put a gun to his head because he married her, and no one's screaming foul(well, no one with the power to yank either off the air).  Damn scary to me. 

zeestan

one of the many things i hate about hannity and fox noise,and bill o'lyily,and rush limpballs is the phonyness all that red white and blue all the talk about our troops and not one of these maggots served a day. not to mention the fundraisers and ralleys they have .but suprisingly they cant tell you how all that money thier making ever made it to the troops. It's always the cowards who convince the public thier anything more than usdeless talking heads.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeestan on May 08, 2011, 06:53:22 AM
one of the many things i hate about hannity and fox noise,and bill o'lyily,and rush limpballs is the phonyness all that red white and blue all the talk about our troops and not one of these maggots served a day. not to mention the fundraisers and ralleys they have .but suprisingly they cant tell you how all that money thier making ever made it to the troops. It's always the cowards who convince the public thier anything more than usdeless talking heads.
i don't think an individual needs to have served in the military in order to express gratitude for the work the military is doing.

that said, sean hannity's charity is a total scam.

Saffy

QuoteLiberals are notoriously unfunny in my opinion

*blink blink*  Seriously?

As for Hannity, I don't listen to him very often, but whenever I do, he has a nasty tendency to shut down liberal or Democrat callers, especially those who disagree with him.

Caller: "Hello, Mr. Hannity. I consider myself a liberal and ..."

Hannity: *rants right over the caller, hangs up, and then makes snarky comments about the caller once the caller is no longer on the air and can defend himself*

Eddie Coyle

I remember when WABC hired him to replace Bob Grant in 1996, thinking "they've picked the most milquetoast nothing of a host I've ever heard".

I'd probably heard a combined 5 minutes of his show in the past 15 years. But this past week, my neighbor was blaring Hannity as he sat his fat ass on the porch...the sound wafted into my yard much like a skunk's spray. It was awful radio...unlistenable.

MV/Liberace!

Listening to Hannity's show for the first time in a long time. What a droning, uninformative, "also ran" cliche of a show. I am able to extract NOTHING useful from what he does. Just listen to Rush and you're covered.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Digitech

I have to agree with much of what was already said here. Hannity is truly awful, I'm afraid. He does seem like he's probably a friendly enough person.

But his show is atrocious. I really can't listen to it, and I would consider myself a person with a conservative viewpoint!

He's pretty much the worst of the right-wing set. I can at least see the entertainment factor in a pillhead jerk like Limpballs or someone mentally ill/coked up like Beck. Hanitty sounds like a guy who's never had a thought he didn't get from Bill Bennett, Ollie North, or Ed Meese.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on July 29, 2011, 08:15:45 PM
He's pretty much the worst of the right-wing set.
Hanitty sounds like a guy who's never had a thought he didn't get from Bill Bennett, Ollie North, or Ed Meese.

A total parrot, whose "career" in talk radio began as a caller during the Ollie North hearings in the summer of '87...that kinda says it all. Anyone who could look at Ollie North and be "inspired" is obviously not a Mensa member. "Patriotard" would be the proper terminology for a goof like Hannity.

Scully

Quote from: onan on March 18, 2011, 09:28:26 AM

... I really think it is time to take a deep breath though. When we start to evaluate ideas by who says them instead of what they are saying we are in the deep end of trouble. And please excuse me here but the fucking shitheads that play one side against the other deserve to be gut-shot at close range. It does none of us any service to demonize the ideals of either conservatism or liberalism because like it or not they both got us to where we are for both good and bad. ...

I thought I'd just stick my head in the door here and see what you guys were cussin' and discussin'.  Interesting range of views, and I like that. No calling each other ugly names.

That said, I think Onan should get the Nobel Peace Prize for his enthusiastic suggestion that we get rid of the troublemakers who have divided this nation against itself.  :)