• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Piratebay down and raided

Started by albrecht, December 10, 2014, 05:12:23 PM

albrecht

Although it apparently has popped up again on a Coast Rican domain the new TPB site doesn't seem full or workable (when I search it goes to just loading and loading page and never completes.) So I'm forcibly cut off from Norry-suckage! If anyone knows of sites or archive of C2C recent shows feel free to PM me...thanks.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/10/technology/pirate-bay-shut/index.html
Interesting this comes after Sony hack and leaking...I guess it took the Yazuka to finally shut them down! Or maybe Clear Channel set their lawyers on them?

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 10, 2014, 05:12:23 PM
...So I'm forcibly cut off from Norry-suckage! If anyone knows of sites or archive of C2C recent shows feel free to PM me...thanks..

I can hook you up , for just 15 cents $1.15 a day.  I'll even throw in a free starter pack of Carnivora.   ;)

WOTR

Thanks for making note of all of this.  It reminded me to open my program again to share the shows that I have available...

WOTR

Quote from: area51drone on December 11, 2014, 12:52:18 AM
It was.  It's .ee now and I see content.
While I have my files open for sharing (including the great library that was put together of Art's shows), I would not head to .ee just yet...
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/fake-scammy-sites-are-cashing-in-on-the-pirate-bays-legacy

area51drone

well, that's just wonderful... I have ad blocker and virus scan didn't pick anything up.  what other torrent search sites do you guys use? I only use torrents now and then for really obscure files but when you needed it pirate bay usually had it..

WOTR

I don't know that there were any viruses associated with it... It just was not pirate bay.  As to other choices, you can pick one off of this list of the "top 10."  I really do not use any of them very often, so cannot make a recommendation.

http://torrentfreak.com/top-10-popular-torrent-sites-2014-140104/

Please, you've got to help me.  The Dr. Who Christmas special will be on in only two weeks and now, without PirateBay, I might be forced to wait until they put it up on the Space.ca website.  And the guy who does that will probably be off until after New Years.  The humanity :(

analog kid

People like kickass.so apparently. It groups shows by season, or some such thing. You have to get used to navigating it without clicking on deceptive ads that look similar to the torrent download links, but it has a better interface than piratebay. Doesn't look like it has new Coast shows though.

TPB has been shut down a few times. But like a whore from Falkie haters favorite website SF redbook, who gave you herpes, it pops right back up again.

area51drone

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2014, 04:33:28 AM
TPB has been shut down a few times. But like a whore from Falkie haters favorite website SF redbook, who gave you herpes, it pops right back up again.

I don't care, as long as she has green skin...

paladin1991

Quote from: area51drone on December 12, 2014, 07:44:18 AM
I don't care, as long as she has green skin...
.....big cans.....long legs....

analog kid

And Schrader when he was there.. But, we'll have none of that. No regular host may exceed the capabilities of Snoory.
Quote from: analog kid on December 12, 2014, 12:20:15 PM
Worth it for Knapp. He's the only host I'll listen to.

WOTR

Nobody seems to have put it here yet... so I will.  The Pirate Bay is still not up, but isohunt has put up all of their archive and has put in the functionality to upload new material and has all of the magnet links.

It is not the actual site- but isohunt used to run a torrent site and they have a copy of the original material and are expanding.  As the reports seem to indicate- it may be the best alternative for now.  At least they are not just a mirror site or one that is trying to scam people- and they have the history to step in.

Really, it was just a matter of time.

http://oldpiratebay.org/

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on December 12, 2014, 01:36:07 PM
And Schrader when he was there.. But, we'll have none of that. No regular host may exceed the capabilities of Snoory.
Have they actually got rid of Dave now?  I know it will happen if it has not... but I have not heard this otherwise.

area51drone

Quote from: wotr1 on December 13, 2014, 12:29:58 AM

Nobody seems to have put it here yet... so I will.  The Pirate Bay is still not up, but isohunt has put up all of their archive and has put in the functionality to upload new material and has all of the magnet links.

It is not the actual site- but isohunt used to run a torrent site and they have a copy of the original material and are expanding.  As the reports seem to indicate- it may be the best alternative for now.  At least they are not just a mirror site or one that is trying to scam people- and they have the history to step in.

Really, it was just a matter of time.

http://oldpiratebay.org/

Have they actually got rid of Dave now?  I know it will happen if it has not... but I have not heard this otherwise.

Is the archive available as a download somewhere?   That would kill the ability for the government to stop it.   Maybe this idea is going to be the newest way to torrent/p2p share - have a distributed server system that is all p2p.   Kind of like what napster did, you would connect to others and your database would be synced, and you would then search your own database for the files to torrent.

WOTR

It was available as a torrent on the pirate bay (and probably still is on the new version.)  Apparently, it was a very small file (I will try to find the reference to this at some point.) 

Basically, they kept no real data as the users are the ones who share the data- they just kept track of where to find it.  They did upload their services to "the cloud" some time back and claimed that they would be impossible to take down.  However, (rumour has it) a piece of hardware that would balance the loads was probably taken during the raid.

It has been know since the raid that it will be very easy for somebody to step in to revive the pirate bay (again, it is just a small file.)  The biggest problem, and the biggest risk was that you are setting yourself up to be a major target.  There are not a lot of countries who smile on torrents right now and most citizens of those countries are playing with fire if they set up another pirate bay.

I really should read a little about isohunt.  I recall they closed themselves down years ago and paid a fine to either the movie or the music industry.  Now they appear to be back...

Edit: from a fairly informative article  http://thump.vice.com/words/how-did-the-pirate-bay-the-worlds-biggest-illegal-downloading-site-stay-online-for-so-long
It also helps that torrent files are famously bite-sizedâ€"making it easy to make lots of copies of the site. As Motherboard pointed out, back in 2012, every torrent file on The Pirate Bay only took up 90 MB. Making a copy of the site and putting it back online is a relative breeze.

area51drone

That's the problem though - that the site has to exist at all.   P2P is inherently dangerous, hence why I avoid it unless I absolutely can't find something through other means.  But usually if it's that obscure, there isn't some big company trying to keep it from being sent around the internet - so torrenting files like that seems relatively safe.   File lockers and newsgroups seem to be the way to go.

I thought that they had gotten rid of Schrader. I haven't heard him in a while. But behold there he is on 11-01 & 11-31. I usually drag and drop the C2C folder on my Winamp.  Any intro with "From the city of anglesh" or "From the heartlandt of Amerika" doesn't get listened to. I also heard in a post somewhere in here that he was canned. See you can't beleef (be it beyond or regular belief) shit you see on the intertoobs. I think it was Cashsale that was posting on TPB, C2C with bumper music. After listening in this way, it just pissed me off, because Snoory changed nothing from Art's days regarding format. Content however, is abysmal. I don't want to hear the Chase without the words "From the high desert" embedded in the music. Fuckoff Snoory.
Quote from: wotr1 on December 13, 2014, 12:29:58 AM

MV/Liberace!

Oldpiratebay.org seems to be working great. It even has new content.

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2014, 07:28:55 PM
Oldpiratebay.org seems to be working great. It even has new content.
Yes it does. I'm surprised at that..I downloaded a C2C from 12-10. There seems to be a gap from 12-05 until 12-10. Oh well. I say that I downloaded it because something that is broadcast for free on the radio surely can't be ill eagle.
Or at least said the man with the fancy new bracelets.....

albrecht

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on December 13, 2014, 05:37:23 AM
I thought that they had gotten rid of Schrader. I haven't heard him in a while. But behold there he is on 11-01 & 11-31. I usually drag and drop the C2C folder on my Winamp.  Any intro with "From the city of anglesh" or "From the heartlandt of Amerika" doesn't get listened to. I also heard in a post somewhere in here that he was canned. See you can't beleef (be it beyond or regular belief) shit you see on the intertoobs. I think it was Cashsale that was posting on TPB, C2C with bumper music. After listening in this way, it just pissed me off, because Snoory changed nothing from Art's days regarding format. Content however, is abysmal. I don't want to hear the Chase without the words "From the high desert" embedded in the music. Fuckoff Snoory.
The ones I've downloaded posted by Cashsale didn't have the bumper music or commercials (except when the whole show was an informerical) but I did notice a few times he seem to post two versions- one with the bumper music and one without. I like without due to Norry's music choices. I sure hope Cashsale is ok and not effected by some witch-hunt and starts posting torrents again for C2C. He did a great job!

Daggit

Downloading Noory C2C shows should be illegal and not because of the pirating issues.

Gd5150

One can find the shows on YouTube. Just follow the smell of "stink".

http://youtu.be/USXYzJCWR44

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 15, 2014, 12:35:21 AM
One can find the shows on YouTube. Just follow the smell of "stink".

http://youtu.be/USXYzJCWR44
Yes, but they seem to get taken down frequently. If CC spend as much effort on content and hosting as they do lawyers and take-down demands the show might be gaining listeners.

area51drone

Quote from: albrecht on December 15, 2014, 12:39:06 AM
Yes, but they seem to get taken down frequently. If CC spend as much effort on content and hosting as they do lawyers and take-down demands the show might be gaining listeners.

I could be wrong but my guess is all they have to do is upload the show and if some significant portion of the audio matches any videos, they're automatically taken down.    So, in other words, not much effort would go into that either. 

b_dubb

sometimes when you smell stink a bigfoot is a stones throw away. and sometimes it just means something died.  or that you stepped in shit. or both.  or all the above.