• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Needle woman

Quote from: ge30542 on May 01, 2015, 05:50:47 PM
I agree, it would be very interesting to hear, but Art is too humble. He's already said, he will not toot his own horn.
We listeners/fans may have to work out that reunion. How would we go about it?

Good idea, however, perhaps, on his show, he could explain how this wouldn't have happened without the help of all those who donated money for the necessary resources. He was the person who shared the need to help, and many helped, so in a way a show thanks all of them, too.

Art Bell

I know I have hurt people (not physically) but emotionally. When I was young I had a bit of a way with Women and hurt some I know and it haunts me.

When I was climbing the ladder in Radio I was brutal with competition and took delight in crushing them which I am sure is despite Business being War, a Sin I am sure, which when Dave pulled some tricks and ended up on 104 I understood as karmic retribution.

I have always carried a weird kind of guilt about success because I am sure much was just luck and there are a lot of talented people who don't have it.

I had a rough Childhood, very very strict Parents and we were not a close Family, now it's to late.

Other stuff to I am sure. I am also sure that about clips my wings.

Art

Bleefy

Quote from: Art Bell on May 01, 2015, 06:03:00 PM
I know I have hurt people (not physically) but emotionally. When I was young I had a bit of a way with Women and hurt some I know and it haunts me.

When I was climbing the ladder in Radio I was brutal with competition and took delight in crushing them which I am sure is despite Business being War, a Sin I am sure, which when Dave pulled some tricks and ended up on 104 I understood as karmic retribution.

I have always carried a weird kind of guilt about success because I am sure much was just luck and there are a lot of talented people who don't have it.

I had a rough Childhood, very very strict Parents and we were not a close Family, now it's to late.

Art

So, essentially, you're saying that you're human.

Needle woman

Yes, I too had very strict parents, we didn't have a close family either and I have made more than my share of mistakes.  I am close to your age, Art.  I believe most of us in our 60's have plenty we would have changed, but that's life, live and learn.

Keep looking forward, I sure am!  Bring on July!! 😊

coaster

to err is human as they say

aldousburbank

Well Hombre, AB, as you know by now it's not too late with our little ones.

ge30542

Art

Maybe you did have "some luck", but you no-doubt worked very hard. Some say that the harder you work, the luckier you get.

ks3484

Art Bell
April 29 at 2:15pm · Edited ·
Midnight in the Desert

What we are doing with Midnight is a pretty big project, it's not like hopping on to a existing Network, Keith and me are building all this from the ground up and we are choosing to include all of you, kind of like Family, in the pains and pleasures of getting it done. We both understand it results in stress even for all of you watching all the wild swings. Not much of this has been easy, we have some big company's doing all the can to place Land Mines in our way as well as complicated legal and technical hurtles to get over...BUT WE WILL.

The countdown clock has begun on http://www.artbell.com and when it hits zero we will be on the air or dead. (Never to rule out the latter).

We will continue to post Updates both positive and negative as they occur, as well as Photos of the build in progress. This is a roll your own operation and I would not have it any other way at this point. One good thing about it is that if anything goes wrong we only have ourselves to yell at.

One thing is that it is very exciting, I am looking forward to the Worldwide aspect of it, I think that is the Ham operator in me. It also took some serious thinking to make it a FREE LIVE streaming show but it just seemed anything else would not feel the same.Of course calls will NOT be screened and you can listen for some new things that I can not talk about at this stage. please feel free to yell at us when you are motivated to do so.

Art Bell

Art Bell
April 28 at 8:38pm · Edited ·

Ok, I am getting so many questions about where to hear the show, no it will not be on any Radio Station BUT it will be on your Smartphone, pad or computer. Simply download TuneIn it's a free APP and type Dark Matter Digital Network in search and bingo you will be there but Midnight in the Desert will not be there until late July. 9PM-12AM Mon-Fri.

Art Bell

Art Bell - facebook.com
Art Bell - Midnight in the Desert
Art Bell the king of late night talk radio returns in July 2015.
ARTBELL.COM

jazmunda

Quote from: Étouffée on May 01, 2015, 04:52:38 PM
Yes...here it is

Yes. That is the one. Thanks for posting.

starrmtn001

Art
OMG!  Art, you're a . . . a . . . Human Being!  Hey man, I'm living a perfect life.  I've made no mistakes, and I have no regrets . . . yeah right lol.  Join the club Art, we got jackets . . . and COOKIES!  ;D

Khameleon808

Just caught up from the Art F***ing Bell post.   

Just when I was about sure how awesome this guy is,  he throws another curve.   

You are the man Art.  Awesome story about the Airlift.   

I am more of a small scale helper, I am currently helping baby ducklings who get lost from their group in my complex, then reintegrate them back into the pond.  I do feel like I've done alot of crappy things in my past too, and while this new appreciation for life around me may not make atonement, at least I know I'm on the path that feels the most right to me.  So thank you for sharing that.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: onan on May 01, 2015, 05:25:36 PM
I would like to lick your ice-cream.

Could you say that slower please.

laserjock

Geez, this thread is cooking way too fast and hot lately, I can't keep up, I'm about 10 to 20 pages behind and don't have the time to read it all.

Art, I also wasn't as kind or decent a person when I was younger, but I was incapable of perceiving my wrong mindedness back then.  I looked down on other people and walked over some folks that weren't as good at things as me.  I detest the man I used to be, and talk about Karma, I AM paying for it now at my age.  I suppose that is how life goes.  I used to be a mean spirited extreme right wing hater who was a bit of a know it all.  I'm now very humbled and liberal and know that I know very little, that a lot of people are smarter, wiser, and better than me.

At least I didn't leave a wake of hell behind me, most of my life I did mostly the right things, but I was a jerk at times, sometimes I'm tempted to look up my ex wife and just apologize to her for my part of the blame in our failed marriage, but I don't dare try because my current fiance/wife would take it the wrong way, she has repeatedly worried I'd go back to the ex and break her heart, which won't happen, I no longer carry feelings for my ex, but still admire her, despite the hurt she caused me, because I caused her just as much hurt.  Youth is wasted on the young, that's for sure.  All I know is that I go out of my way to be good to my girl these days.  I've never actually raised my voice at her or said anything cruel or angry, even though I've been angry.  She reciprocates.  Maybe it's just that we're older and wiser?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Needle woman on May 01, 2015, 05:45:41 PM
Hi Art,

Think about a show with a dedicated line for those rescued Saigon children.  It would be interesting to hear about their lives.   Many of us remember those times.

I know you mean well but this sounds a bit exploitive to me. These people should just be left alone to live their lives and if they happen to decide to get in touch with Art then that is when they should be put on the air if they want to be.

aldousburbank

Quote from: laserjock on May 01, 2015, 06:47:02 PM
Geez, this thread is cooking way too fast and hot lately, I can't keep up, I'm about 10 to 20 pages behind and don't have the time to read it all.

Art, I also wasn't as kind or decent a person when I was younger, but I was incapable of perceiving my wrong mindedness back then.  I looked down on other people and walked over some folks that weren't as good at things as me.  I detest the man I used to be, and talk about Karma, I AM paying for it now at my age.  I suppose that is how life goes.  I used to be a mean spirited extreme right wing hater who was a bit of a know it all.  I'm now very humbled and liberal and know that I know very little, that a lot of people are smarter, wiser, and better than me.

At least I didn't leave a wake of hell behind me, most of my life I did mostly the right things, but I was a jerk at times, sometimes I'm tempted to look up my ex wife and just apologize to her for my part of the blame in our failed marriage, but I don't dare try because my current fiance/wife would take it the wrong way, she has repeatedly worried I'd go back to the ex and break her heart, which won't happen, I no longer carry feelings for my ex, but still admire her, despite the hurt she caused me, because I caused her just as much hurt.  Youth is wasted on the young, that's for sure.  All I know is that I go out of my way to be good to my girl these days.  I've never actually raised my voice at her or said anything cruel or angry, even though I've been angry.  She reciprocates.  Maybe it's just that we're older and wiser?
Dude, for a laser guy, that's some nice stuff you wrote there. Thanks.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Khameleon808 on May 01, 2015, 06:32:32 PM
Just caught up from the Art F***ing Bell post.   

Just when I was about sure how awesome this guy is,  he throws another curve.   

You are the man Art.  Awesome story about the Airlift.   

I am more of a small scale helper, I am currently helping baby ducklings who get lost from their group in my complex, then reintegrate them back into the pond.  I do feel like I've done alot of crappy things in my past too, and while this new appreciation for life around me may not make atonement, at least I know I'm on the path that feels the most right to me.  So thank you for sharing that.

Thank you, I love ducks.

Heather Wade

Art

Talented people are usually hard on themselves.  I grew up in a household much the opposite of strict, and it did not do me any favors as an adult.  Be grateful that your parents were strict, and taught you to hold yourself to a higher standard.  We have largely moved away from this mindset in the last ten or twenty years; I find that to be a bummer.

It's a fine line between being hard on yourself, and beating yourself up.  I still dig ya, warts and all.  By example, and from your shows, I have learned more from you over the years about life n such than I could ever calculate.  I do not expect you to be a perfect angel, and if you were to try, I would ask you if you were feeling ok.

ge30542

I'm changing my vote from wanting Crystal Gayle on in the first week, to wanting her on in the first segment.
"Shooting stars across the sky".....INDEED.

RCH can be on later in the first week.

Quote from: jazmunda on May 01, 2015, 06:25:30 PM

I was impressed how you remembered it--the off camera gaze--perfectly.

Usagi

I always wondered what it felt like to be a battered woman, crawling back from the shelter...

P.S. - That's a mighty fine favicon you got there, MV.

Alienmojo

I would love to see more ghost to ghost, not just on Halloween. I also especially love the evp specials. They always scare me good. I love listening to people's ghost stories and ESPECIALLY when the say the two magic words.... RED EYES. I can just see Art's eyebrows raising when those are spoken. :) Would love to see the paranormal emphasized a little bit more. I love to be scared at night.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Usagi on May 01, 2015, 08:05:01 PM
I always wondered what it felt like to be a battered woman, crawling back from the shelter...

Welcome back! We're always here to help you, uh,.."fall down the stairs".

SaucyRossy

Art

Wow, well that's quite a bit. Not much I can fault you or anyone else for. I do my best not to judge others but we all do.

Well, it seems you and your wife are raising a wonderful little girl and that's fantastic.

RoseGirl

Hey Art,

Have you ever thought of having a co-host? Just wondering.

rosie

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on May 01, 2015, 06:25:30 PM

I thought you'd have the photo. You didn't. You failed us all. Good day, sir.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Usagi on May 01, 2015, 08:05:01 PM

P.S. - That's a mighty fine favicon you got there, MV.

Holy crap. It's really you. I'm glad you're back.

laserjock

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 01, 2015, 07:00:33 PM
Talented people are usually hard on themselves.  I grew up in a household much the opposite of strict, and it did not do me any favors as an adult.  Be grateful that your parents were strict, and taught you to hold yourself to a higher standard.  We have largely moved away from this mindset in the last ten or twenty years; I find that to be a bummer.

It's a fine line between being hard on yourself, and beating yourself up.  I still dig ya, warts and all.  By example, and from your shows, I have learned more from you over the years about life n such than I could ever calculate.  I do not expect you to be a perfect angel, and if you were to try, I would ask you if you were feeling ok.

Wow, good point, Redacted!  Everyone that knows me, including my therapist, tell me that I'm hard on myself, but I should be!  My parents were, well, they are at rest now so I don't really want to berate angels, but we got beat a lot and neglected a lot.  At the age of 8, if I wanted something, I had to earn my own money and buy it for myself, and about that age I was already learning how to cook my meals and such. 

Sure, parents today mollycoddle or whatever the word is, their children, but you know what?  I think it's better the way things are today in some ways.  But when I was a kid we HAD to be tougher, and my dad lived as a child during the great depression and he had to be even thougher.  My nephews and nieces today spend all their spare time playing video games and don't work at all, and when you ask them to do something like wash the dishes, it takes a riot act to motivate them, but thank God they CAN have a childhood and NOT be forced to worry about adult things like I had to as a boy.

But, yeah, I'm super hard on myself, I never feel like I can measure up, and no matter how much my wife and sisters insist that I am bright, I always feel like a major dummy who never fully developed.  I wish my life's exploits had more weight than they do have.  I tried returning to school and may go back, but man is it hard at my age going to college and working at the same time, and the stupid colleges today require that online school bullshit that wastes twice the hours and doesn't help, it just creates more useless non learning time.  Freaking Pearson, they suck.  Give me a decent textbook, a decent hard working professor, and I'll learn plenty good, but weigh me down with the stupid online crap and I don't have enough time to learn any more.  Online school sucks, it's a freaking fad in my humble opinion.

Anyone else here go back to school in their 50's and 60's?  Karma is a bitch!

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on May 01, 2015, 08:35:39 PM
I thought you'd have the photo. You didn't. You failed us all. Good day, sir.

My wife and kids won't look me in the eyes anymore. In fact I've shamed my whole country. God Dave The Queen.

Edit: I'll leave the unfortunate auto correct in.

Usagi

Quote from: MV on May 01, 2015, 08:39:25 PM
Holy crap. It's really you. I'm glad you're back.

Thanks, Eddie and MV.  I'm glad to be back around and to see so many cool, familiar, old names!  I've got a lot to read tonight.

Alienmojo

Quote from: laserjock on May 01, 2015, 08:40:40 PM
Wow, good point, Redacted!  Everyone that knows me, including my therapist, tell me that I'm hard on myself, but I should be!  My parents were, well, they are at rest now so I don't really want to berate angels, but we got beat a lot and neglected a lot.  At the age of 8, if I wanted something, I had to earn my own money and buy it for myself, and about that age I was already learning how to cook my meals and such. 

I feel as humans we are never satisfied. We always want more. More of ourselves... more of life. I think it is why we continue to grow as a species and why we may ultimately destroy ourselves or move beyond the stars. However, if we didn't have that ingrain need for 'more' we would have stagnated and just rotted away. We will always feel that we are not good enough and continue the attempt to better ourselves, at least one can hope.

On a side note, I know just how you feel. If I wanted something I had to get it myself. When I was a kid if we wanted clothes we had to make our own out of old shopping bags and cardboard boxes. ;) (watching far too much Python...)