• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 13, 2016, 09:30:28 AM
Good eye.

None the less the media is reporting it. The media has a way to spin things and voters have a herd like mentality, so if they think someone is rising in the polls they are more likely to vote for them.

I am sure the Bush campaign is pulling out all stops. No offense to the fat lady, but I think she about ready to sing for Jeb.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2016, 09:09:30 AM
He was the boss's son; he had it handed to him on a silver platter, just like his dad inherited the title from his own father. In that climate of paranoia and nepotism I think almost anyone could rule, as long as they weren't a total drooling moron.
He stepped over two older brothers, beat the early predictions of being taken out by a coup, and has kept the antiaircraft gun school in targets; his "senior advisers".  The public worship is one thing; the attitude of the elite and the generals another.  He's a brutal SOB, and crazy like a fox.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 13, 2016, 07:48:43 AM
Dont count out Bush. he rising in the polls. the media loves a comeback.
I think Bush's only chance now is if all candidates lack the necessary majority of delegates to win on the 1st convention ballot.  Once that happens, it goes to the wheeler-dealers.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2016, 09:09:30 AM
He was the boss's son; he had it handed to him on a silver platter, just like his dad inherited the title from his own father. In that climate of paranoia and nepotism I think almost anyone could rule, as long as they weren't a total drooling moron.

Fat Kim is a brilliant dictator. He had a problem who from all accounts was a nice guy and wanted to bring peace to the region which got him exiled by the family. There's a story of the two brothers playing a basketball game against one another with their dictator father watching. The brother was the better player but he played with sportsmanship and thanked each of his team's players. Fat Kim for domineering and was harsh with him team. His father remarked Fat Kim was much more like him and much more respectable because Fat Kim was a prick and the brother was too weak.

I remember reading an article in Psychology Today about North Korea. How they have to stay in a state of chaos and fear at all times otherwise the regime would collapse. Compound that with technology creeping into North Korea and it's incredible Fat Kim has had such a seamless transition and dictatorship.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 13, 2016, 11:32:28 AM
I remember reading an article in Psychology Today about North Korea. How they have to stay in a state of chaos and fear at all times otherwise the regime would collapse. Compound that with technology creeping into North Korea and it's incredible Fat Kim has had such a seamless transition and dictatorship.
Grandpa Kim established a new paradigm for a communist government; part ideology and part religion; and guess who The Sacred Ones are. He even stole Christian imagery with halos, a star appearing over his birthplace...the whole nine yards. The NK population is divided into classes by their devotion to the Kim Dynasty and to the State dogma of national self-sufficiency.  Of course the top get the govt jobs and nice housing.  If you get Netflix, watch "The Propaganda Game", a documentary by a Spanish director.  It's shows the spooky and perverse national charade that everyone in NK plays, and its hard to see who's faking it and who's buying in.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 13, 2016, 02:30:19 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJVLsbGrNc

That one was definitely a must see

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 13, 2016, 11:32:28 AM
Fat Kim is a brilliant dictator. He had a problem who from all accounts was a nice guy and wanted to bring peace to the region which got him exiled by the family. There's a story of the two brothers playing a basketball game against one another with their dictator father watching. The brother was the better player but he played with sportsmanship and thanked each of his team's players. Fat Kim for domineering and was harsh with him team. His father remarked Fat Kim was much more like him and much more respectable because Fat Kim was a prick and the brother was too weak.

Haha, just re-read this and realize none of it made sense. That's what happens when I first wake up in the morning and I'm not thinking in English.

Long story short. Daddy Kim had two sons. One was a nice guy, the other was a tyrant. The tyrant got picked to be new dictator because the nice guy wouldn't have been able to keep the regime going.

North Korea is such China's bitch that they don't concern me.

VtaGeezer

Trump really has Raphael rattled with the birther charge.  Best election entertainment yet.  Cruz is trying to obfuscate it by talking about citizenship vs. the constitutional Presidential reqts.,  or  Romney Sr.'s Mexican birth, ignoring that Geo. Romney was never close to being the nominee. I think DT has him in a box.  What else could the framers have meant by "natural born"?  Maybe no caesarians allowed??  And he's 100% correct that who ever would run against Nominee Cruz would take it to the SC, who've never ruled on the subject.  Love seeing the worm squirm.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 15, 2016, 10:32:57 AM
Trump really has Raphael rattled with the birther charge.  Best election entertainment yet.  Cruz is trying to obfuscate it by talking about citizenship vs. the constitutional Presidential reqts.,  or  Romney Sr.'s Mexican birth, ignoring that Geo. Romney was never close to being the nominee. I think DT has him in a box.  What else could the framers have meant by "natural born"?  Maybe no caesarians allowed??  And he's 100% correct that who ever would run against Nominee Cruz would take it to the SC, who've never ruled on the subject.  Love seeing the worm squirm.

There is a court case in Florida right now challenging Rubio's eligibility since neither of his parents were citizens. That could backfire on the Dem's. If the SC rules against Rubio, that means there is no such thing as anchor babies. (And rightfully so, IMHO).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 15, 2016, 10:32:57 AM

i was sooo annoyed last night listening to cruz's "new york values" bullshit.  cruz and his goldman sachs wife aren't interested in media and money?  he's attempting to pander to a specific group of people who've probably never left the county they live in, let alone the state they live in.  i think most people find it to be grating.  cruz can't win a general election.  america doesn't want to elect a televangelist.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: MV on January 15, 2016, 11:27:47 AM
i was sooo annoyed last night listening to cruz's "new york values" bullshit.  cruz and his goldman sachs wife aren't interested in media and money?  he's attempting to pander to a specific group of people who've probably never left the county they live in, let alone the state they live in.  i think most people find it to be grating.  cruz can't win a general election.  america doesn't want to elect a televangelist.
Cruz is the biggest, phoniest opportunist running for Pres in memory.  He even looks like Joe McCarthy.  I'm repulsed by his smarmy, oily manner and can't wait to see him squished for the grub he is.  It looks like his popularity in Tea Party TX is fading too.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 15, 2016, 12:39:19 PM
Cruz is the biggest, phoniest opportunist running for Pres in memory.  He even looks like Joe McCarthy.  I'm repulsed by his smarmy, oily manner and can't wait to see him squished for the grub he is.  It looks like his popularity in Tea Party TX is fading too.

He's finished after last night. The only one saying it on FNC is Geraldo.

Edit: And you've perfectly encapsulated my feelings toward Cruz.

Jackstar

This book will get more votes than Cruz for President will.

46blitz

Trump is a fraud and very afraid of Cruz.

onan

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2016, 01:41:54 AM
Disagree.

Trump is too arrogant and perhaps not bright enough to be afraid. Cruz, yeah maybe not so much a concern.

I will admit, Trump is much further along in this fiasco than I would have thought.

Jackstar

I find it impossible to conceptualize Cruz as anything other than a mid-level rodeo clown. That he has been cast as Trump's "rival" only cements this impression.

onan

Quote from: MV on January 16, 2016, 03:12:14 AM
i see no evidence of that.

Instead of bright enough, perhaps lack of insight, would have been more accurate. Building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, gives me all kinds of doubt about his credibility. Maybe it does warm the cockles of 20% of the electorate, it is still stupid.

Zoo

Look fuckers Trump is fucking funny and no matter what I would love to have a clown as President.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2016, 07:24:57 AM
Instead of bright enough, perhaps lack of insight, would have been more accurate. Building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, gives me all kinds of doubt about his credibility. Maybe it does warm the cockles of 20% of the electorate, it is still stupid.

He isn't expecting them to write us a check. All we have to do is introduce tariffs or stop sending them domestic aid. Or maybe tax all financial transactions of illegals transferring money back to Mexico. Or make them take the Cleveland Browns as an NFL franchise. Or charge a toll for entry (and exit) at border crossings. There's lots of ways.

onan

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2016, 09:52:04 AM
He isn't expecting them to write us a check. All we have to do is introduce tariffs or stop sending them domestic aid. Or maybe tax all financial transactions of illegals transferring money back to Mexico. Or make them take the Cleveland Browns as an NFL franchise. Or charge a toll for entry (and exit) at border crossings. There's lots of ways.

I get that.

I doubt it, but I get that.

The estimated cost to build the wall is about 16 million dollars a mile. The border is almost 2000 miles in length.
The cost to maintain?

QuoteThe U.S. government would have to pay to maintain the wall, which could cost as much as $750 million a year, according to an analysis conducted by Politico. And then if it wanted to man it with personnel, that would be an additional cost â€" border patrol has an operating budget of $1.4 billion for 21,000 agents.

www.cnbc.com/2015/10/09/this-is-what-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-us.html

albrecht

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2016, 10:47:14 AM
I get that.

The estimated cost to build the wall is about 16 million dollars a mile. The border is almost 2000 miles in length.
The cost to maintain?

The "wall" is a silly idea. Land mines have proven, time and time again, to be cheap, effective. And with modern technology and 'real time' monitoring could be made 'smart' to eliminate the danger of killing endangered animals, even moved on their own power to eliminate the coyotes/illegals figuring out where they are, etc (the illegals are ruining some very precious, fragile deserts with their tramping, trashing, cutting livestock fences, breaking well heads, rape trees, trash, etc.-- the greens and 'environmentalists' ignore this, of course.) Of course, for 'humanitarian' reasons along with the mines we would have proper signage (even in non language but universal symbols since many illegals are illiterate even in their native tongue) and an advertising campaign about them. Problem, partially, solved. (The other fist of the solution is severe criminal, and civil, penalties for anybody- businesses, individuals, churches, hospitals, etc to aid/abet, hire, house, or help an illegal.) Problem- Solved.
Q.E.D.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2016, 10:47:14 AM
I get that.

The cost to maintain?

The cost to maintain social services for illegal immigration and the harm it is doing to our country???

We are either a nation of laws and a country of borders or we aren't. If we arent' we will be a shithole third world country. Everybody's dumping ground. It might not happen in mine and yours lifetime, but it will happen.

Isreal has a pretty good fence. Saudi Arabia is building a fairly substantial wall. Canada controls their immigration. Neither of us could move to Mexico unless we could prove we had sustainable income. Shit, even Honduras has that requirement. Last time I checked which was about 2007, I would have had to prove that I had an annual income of $37k to be allowed to relocate to Roatan.

It has been the law of the land for several years that we will have a wall/fence on the border. Every politician that has voted against funding that wall should have been impeached and their asses thrown in jail.

onan

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2016, 12:01:27 PM
The cost to maintain social services for illegal immigration and the harm it is doing to our country???

We are either a nation of laws and a country of borders or we aren't. If we arent' we will be a shithole third world country. Everybody's dumping ground. It might not happen in mine and yours lifetime, but it will happen.

Isreal has a pretty good fence. Saudi Arabia is building a fairly substantial wall. Canada controls their immigration. Neither of us could move to Mexico unless we could prove we had sustainable income. Shit, even Honduras has that requirement. Last time I checked which was about 2007, I would have had to prove that I had an annual income of $37k to be allowed to relocate to Roatan.

It has been the law of the land for several years that we will have a wall/fence on the border. Every politician that has voted against funding that wall should have been impeached and their asses thrown in jail.

I'm not debating immigration, nor the Secure Fence Act, just the bombastic response Trump brought to the discussion. We do have problems to solve. I don't think Trump is the guy to do it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on January 16, 2016, 12:13:04 PM
I'm not debating immigration, nor the Secure Fence Act, just the bombastic response Trump brought to the discussion. We do have problems to solve. I don't think Trump is the guy to do it.

Fair enough. BUT if he hadn't said what he said, immigration would still not be a campaign issue. Now it is arguably the top issue being discussed. He knows how to beat the media at their own game.

If you have a couple of hours, watch the last two videos MV posted in this thread. One is a campaign speech in Reno, the other is a mashup of of a lot of clips... Some funny, some serious interviews. I haven't watched the first one ir I might recommend it as well.

I came away with a different level of respect. I am still not sure if I will vote for him in the primary, but I would have no qualms voting for him if he is nominated.

My position on him has evolved. I wouldn't have said that last summer.

My only complaint right now is when he attacks whomever is closest to him in the polls. There is enough stuff to attack and discuss without attacking Cruz and Rubio on their birther issues. But one thing I will give him, he showed consistency. He attacked Obama for that as well.

It would be interesting to hear your feelings about those two videos. If you want to discuss it via PM I am open to that as well. I respect your opinion. I might not always agree with you, but you make valid points that cause me to stop and think when you make serious points.

I will admit I am a tad jaded about our country's politicians. I had to take an oath to defend the constitution when I enlisted. It is basically the same oath that each elected offical has to take. They held me to my oath. I expect them to be held to theirs.