• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bill Nye(the science guy)

Started by bobcollum, April 10, 2009, 11:54:55 AM

Mr. Wizard, 3-2-1 Contact, & National Geographic WORLD magazine, FTW!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on May 21, 2009, 01:13:16 AM
oh... and one more thing...

tasha yar?   bleh!  i always feel warm when i see her character killed off.  she was perhaps the worst character ever in the entire star trek franchise, followed by alexander roshenko.  you can throw wesley crusher in after alexander, although many would put him at the top of their list.

I agree.  I might be in the minority, but my all-time favorite non-federation character is Garak from DS9.  It was revealed in one episode that "in his former life" he would torture political prisoners simply by staring at them for hours.  Overall, the humor and breadth of personality brought to the character by Andrew Robinson was frequently entertaining.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Borr on June 01, 2009, 07:25:01 PM
Was it me, or did Bill Nye sound drunk and/or exhausted when he was on? He was a little belligerent with George and the callers (I especially love how he flatly dismissed astrology), and that was highly entertaining.

This is a late reply, but I agree with you completely.  He sounded like he was calling from the lobby of a hotel while he was waiting for his taxi.