• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"American Horror Story: Asylum"

Started by Nucky Nolan, November 26, 2012, 10:29:59 PM

Nucky Nolan

The other thread brought this show to mind. Do any of you folks watch this series? I'm hooked on it because of the crazy stories and plot twists. It's out of character for me, though. I seldom watch horror movies and horror TV that have too much blood and guts in them. The characters grab my attention, and they feed my addiction to AMH to see how their personalities develop. It's my token grotesque program. It's the gross exception to my celluloid rule.

ziznak

I'm a regular viewer of a certain web site i try not to link to here much... but I'm a real deal watcher of "live dead people" videos... I try not to let it overflow into this forum tho as it's regarded in bad taste.  still I find it very "grounding" as a live person to see what can happen to a human body when high speed or high velocity rifles come into play.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ziznak on November 26, 2012, 11:57:10 PM
I'm a regular viewer of a certain web site i try not to link to here much... but I'm a real deal watcher of "live dead people" videos... I try not to let it overflow into this forum tho as it's regarded in bad taste.  still I find it very "grounding" as a live person to see what can happen to a human body when high speed or high velocity rifles come into play.

Remind me to never go hunting with you. I'm not a fan of blood and gore, fake or real. My friend played "Faces of Death" for us back in the stone age. It seemed like a modern (then) version of "Mondo Cane".

DeeElf

My wife watches it so I've seen a few episodes.  I can tell it's well done but it creeps me out.

onan

I watched the first season. Produced well, acted well, story... depraved. Haven't tried the second season.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: DeeElf on November 30, 2012, 04:41:46 AM
My wife watches it so I've seen a few episodes.  I can tell it's well done but it creeps me out.

It creeps me out too. It might be the creepiest show in recorded history.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: onan on November 30, 2012, 06:15:38 AM
I watched the first season. Produced well, acted well, story... depraved. Haven't tried the second season.

The second season is even more depraved. It's like gilding a bloody lily with gore.

DeeElf

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on November 30, 2012, 06:26:32 PM
It creeps me out too. It might be the creepiest show in recorded history.
The Poltergeist with the Old Guy in it a lot creeped me out too, as did Seven, The Blair Witch Project and The Ring.  This last one is embarrassing because it wasn't even a good movie.  Even after I figured out all the plot holes, it still creeped me out.

I love Dexter, though.  Go figure?

People like me are asking for trouble when they watch "scary" movies/shows.
Side note: the  most disturbing scene I've seen is when Michael Madsen tortured the cop in Reservoir Dogs.  I love Quinton, but that was very disturbing.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: DeeElf on November 30, 2012, 11:25:35 PM
The Poltergeist with the Old Guy in it a lot creeped me out too, as did Seven, The Blair Witch Project and The Ring.  This last one is embarrassing because it wasn't even a good movie.  Even after I figured out all the plot holes, it still creeped me out.

I love Dexter, though.  Go figure?

People like me are asking for trouble when they watch "scary" movies/shows.
Side note: the  most disturbing scene I've seen is when Michael Madsen tortured the cop in Reservoir Dogs.  I love Quinton, but that was very disturbing.

I was talking about creepy TV shows, but I agree with what you said about the creepy movies. "The Ring" was the creepiest one IMO. The girl in the recent elevator prank brought that film to mind. Its director and producer were fortunate that they weren't sued. What if one of the elevator-riders died of fright? It didn't look faked or staged, so they're lucky that none of the participants were hurt in any way. Even the ghost girl could have been knocked out by one of the scared people. That said, I laughed like a monkey when I saw it for the first time.