• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Audio needed of Art Bell talking of cats

Started by empirefalls, January 24, 2016, 08:12:47 AM

empirefalls

Art Bell often did segments on cats or ruminated about cats. Best story Art mentioned about cats is the story about how he went to the shelter to adopt a cat.I am looking desperately about Art and talk about Cats,etc. Thanks.

GravitySucks

Quote from: empirefalls on January 24, 2016, 08:12:47 AM
Art Bell often did segments on cats or ruminated about cats. Best story Art mentioned about cats is the story about how he went to the shelter to adopt a cat.I am looking desperately about Art and talk about Cats,etc. Thanks.

You're looking in the wrong place. Art doesn't talk here anymore.

You might want to try the torrent.

Coffeeman

There was one where he and Ramona went to a shelter plus one where he literally rescued an injured cat, which died some time later. If you can get the Big Archive, I think you can find both those between 1997-2000. Yeah, it's a few years, but both stories were at the beginning of the show.

empirefalls

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 24, 2016, 07:03:19 PM
There was one where he and Ramona went to a shelter plus one where he literally rescued an injured cat, which died some time later. If you can get the Big Archive, I think you can find both those between 1997-2000. Yeah, it's a few years, but both stories were at the beginning of the show.

Thanks Coffeeman
The shelter experience Art had selecting a cat at a shelter is the best and the one i was looking for. I cant hear it enough.  I went to a shelter a year ago and went though the same thing. I got the best cat in the world now. 

There was 1 or more entire segments of Art talking about cats and guest call ins that were also impressive but the shelter is the one i am hunting down.

In the latter years as a weekend host on Coast from the Philippines he talked about the cat he adopted there and brought back to Pahrump.  Dolly?

Coffeeman

Quote from: empirefalls on January 26, 2016, 01:55:01 PM

Thanks Coffeeman
The shelter experience Art had selecting a cat at a shelter is the best and the one i was looking for. I cant hear it enough.  I went to a shelter a year ago and went though the same thing. I got the best cat in the world now. 

There was 1 or more entire segments of Art talking about cats and guest call ins that were also impressive but the shelter is the one i am hunting down.

Come to think of it, I think the one where he rescued the injured cat was in his audio book, which is also in the Archive. Either that or the shelter story is in there. Sorry, I can't recall specifically, but there are about four or five of them in those years.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 24, 2016, 07:03:19 PM

That was Shadow, I believe. There is the recent MITD show (July or August) where he talked about Comet's death and the first Linda Moulton Howe show on MITD has the gruesome half-cats and Art's reaction.

The best commentary I've heard from the C2C days is when he speculates cats may be alien, and feels its likely they have souls as you can see the depth of character in their eyes and they have the wide expanse of human emotions (anger, sadness,  jealousy, happiness, love).  There are several instances in which this speculation occurs.

There are also episodes of the "Studio cats" that roamed his studio, and the episode that Ramona went to retrieve Comet (or was it Yeti) and he "launched" from her arms, scratching her in the process.

Oh.
I saw the subject and thought it read
"Audio needed of Art Bell talking to cats"

and I'm so missing hearing Art, I thought, hmmm, that would be interesting.

Holy Ghosts

Art would be very interested in these man-eating cats who live in the graveyard. I recently encountered them myself.

In this cemetery of Coyoacán, Mexico City, dozens of cats stand sentinel at the gates. Sitting in silence, barely moving, never crying.
They sit and they stare. Waiting for someone...or something. Are they here to keep someone from coming in...or from getting out?
One fact cannot be avoided - these cats eat the graveyard rats. The rats...well, you can imagine what they eat. Thus, these are cats that, indirectly, survive by consuming human flesh.
Check out my wee blog post on it for photos.

http://donguero.blogspot.mx/2016/09/los-gatos-del-cementerio-cemetery-cats.html?m=1

I remember one episode I heard on U7 radio where Art said he declawed his cats. I was like man, what an asshole. that was the 90s though. I think (hopefully) that he doesn't do that anymore.