• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

JC

Started by BigWorm, July 14, 2008, 01:07:23 AM

zeph

I found the calls with JC to be much more hilarious when Art Bell was hosting. Especially when he got JC all riled up.  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeph on August 10, 2010, 08:02:53 PM
I found the calls with JC to be much more hilarious when Art Bell was hosting. Especially when he got JC all riled up.  ;D

Yeah.  JC just ain't the same without AB.  I think Ian could give JC a good run if can get into the spirit of the call.  But yeah.  It just ain't the same.  :(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 10, 2010, 04:59:49 PM
Noory started selling "Classic J.C. tapes" and having J.C. calling in at appointed times while sounding like reading a script with him. Fucking broke my heart to hear such a hilarious character whored out like that. Like a magician selling how he did your favorite trick as a kid.
yet more evidence of the fact that noory is OWNED by the network.  they wanted someone for the purpose of keeping a chair warm while doing whatever he's told do. snoors is their man.  i had no idea they'd started marketing JC discs and setting up staged calls.  quite sad to see a previously spontaneous facet of the show become ham handed and deliberate like that.

sincerely,
edna pringle

Yeah really, I was really surprised and disappointed when I heard. This was towards the end of when I could handle Noory around '04-05. It was being sold as part of the After Dark Newsletter. "Sign up for our After Dark Newsletter and get this free CD of the legendary calls from J.C.!" This was a commercial that played so much that I actually remember it word for word. If I'm not mistaken Premiere would have to give JC a royalty for this which completely shatters the whole J.C. story. Also around this time conveniently JC would call in and argue with Noory. Although it sounded completely half-hearted and and like a broken down pro wrestler going through the motions for the ten people in the audience. It was around this time as a Coast fan when I pulled the gun out of my mouth and realized maybe I should just stop listening to this ignorant hay seed and the abomination of a show he's the center of.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 11, 2010, 10:37:43 AM
If I'm not mistaken Premiere would have to give JC a royalty for this...
i don't think so.  since the audio was recorded on their show, they own the rights to it and are free to market it in any fashion they like.  any monies paid to JC would be entirely voluntary on the network's part.  soooo... just goes to show you... if your voice or likeness appear voluntarily in certain places (like calling a radio show), you lose the right to control what is done with your contribution to that broadcast.

starrmtn001

Art Bell's banter with JC and Coast To Coast in general were pure gold.  Snoory has hammered the gold into the shape of a metaphorical calf for his few little snooryites to worship.

snoory SO SUCKS!!!

Quote from: MV on August 10, 2010, 11:10:47 PM
Noory started selling "Classic J.C. tapes" and having J.C. calling in at appointed times while sounding like reading a script with him. Fucking broke my heart to hear such a hilarious character whored out like that. Like a magician selling how he did your favorite trick as a kid.
yet more evidence of the fact that noory is OWNED by the network.  they wanted someone for the purpose of keeping a chair warm while doing whatever he's told do. snoors is their man.  i had no idea they'd started marketing JC discs and setting up staged calls.  quite sad to see a previously spontaneous facet of the show become ham handed and deliberate like that.

sincerely,
edna pringle

hahaha

I, too, loved JC. It was the best when he would really make Art Bell laugh.

You couldn't help but laugh/smile yourself.

Can't say I've had that experience with the Georges or even Ian.

EvZe

My favorite JC call (well I guess he wasn't actually on the call on this one) was when Edna Pringle called-in when Art was hosting and offered to move-in to take care of Art's baby "at the compound where you and George Noory live out in Pahrump."

They way Art deadpanned "uh ... no, George does not live here" was hilarious.

Marc.Knight

J.C. is hands down the best thing about Coast to Coast. What other talk show has a legendary prank caller that berates the host and the show and is not minimized but instead celebrated? J.C. is a stroke of genius encompassing all the of the hilarious, horrid, and outright ridiculous elements of C2C and throws them back in the face of the show in a hilarious satirical character. Also whoever does J.C. is one of the quickest sharpest people I've ever heard. His razor sharp on the fly phraseology I have not heard before. As soon as I hear that high pitched southern voice start ranting about God and Art Bell, I immediately snap to attention and give my whole focus to the show. No matter how disinterested or just for background noise the show is, I always pay attention when J.C. is on.

The only bad thing about J.C. is how Noory fucked it all up. Bell played it like a true soldier to the point where you knew he found it funny but you never knew whether it was real or not. Noory started selling "Classic J.C. tapes" and having J.C. calling in at appointed times while sounding like reading a script with him. Fucking broke my heart to hear such a hilarious character whored out like that. Like a magician selling how he did your favorite trick as a kid.

What are your thoughts on the Ten Star General?

George is Mr. anti-spontaneity.  I was listening a couple of times when JC called George unexpectedly.  George was utterly confounded.

MV/Liberace!

i am now in possession of EVERY appearance JC has ever made with art, starting with the first through the most recent. i'm working to get them consolidated into one "show" to place on the stream.  it will be classic.

MV/Liberace!

ok...
attached to this post is a single MP3 containing every single appearance JC has ever made with art.  it's about 3.5 hours long!!  enjoy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tmock00

Quote from: MV on September 15, 2010, 09:49:59 PM
ok...
attached to this post is a single MP3 containing every single appearance JC has ever made with art.  it's about 3.5 hours long!!  enjoy.

MV, you have officially rocked my world tonight!!  Thank you!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: tmock00 on September 16, 2010, 12:11:16 AM
ok...

happy to have done so, my friend.  i remember about a year ago someone mentioning how awesome it would be to have this, and i can remember thinking to myself, "this would be such a pain to put together."  well, here it is.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on September 16, 2010, 12:27:55 AM
Quote from: tmock00 on September 16, 2010, 12:11:16 AM
ok...

happy to have done so, my friend.  i remember about a year ago someone mentioning how awesome it would be to have this, and i can remember thinking to myself, "this would be such a pain to put together."  well, here it is.
oh, and you'll note i've conspicuously left out any JC appearances with george since snoory doesn't handle spontaneity very well.

tmock00

Listening right now.  Love it!!  Thanks for doing this - it's fantastic! 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: tmock00 on September 16, 2010, 12:35:03 AM
Listening right now.  Love it!!  Thanks for doing this - it's fantastic!
i have it set to play on the stream after the current show.  it should be a big surprise for people.

ShelliesMom

A friend of mine who also listens to C2C (and whom I'm trying to recruit for this site) swears that the infamous guest "JC" is that incredibly annoying UFO Phil.  I'm not sure.

When Art would deal with those hilarious JC calls, you actually could believe he was some religious nutwing.  I seem to recall that Georgie ruined this too by spilling the beans that JC was a hoax, but I could be wrong.

MV/Liberace!

i'm going to have to go back and compare the voices.  who knows, you could be right.

so how u been?   long time no see.

ourobouros2k2

Awesome compilation. Many thanks!

Andy

picwhoff

Hello l'm JC, and yes l did fool Art Bell, George Noory and Jerry Springer Show. l'am the PILOT calls flying over area 51 got shot down lol hehe, 1996 9/11.  Frantic caller and VICTOR.  My name is Miguel Vazquez do you have a clue how hard it is get on the air from the east coast C2C lol hehe.  l moved to Denver Colorado in June to see a comet 1996, nobody knew that and Art did not have a clue.  Moved back home in June 1997.  North Carolina same town where Art Bell was born.

fabucat

I heard a rumor that JC actually was Mike Judge of "Beavis & Butthead" and "King of the Hill" fame.  He called into several political talk shows (mostly liberal) and the hosts didn't know how to deal with him. 

KMKMKM

Quote from: fabucat on January 22, 2011, 10:44:46 AM
I heard a rumor that JC actually was Mike Judge of "Beavis & Butthead" and "King of the Hill" fame.  He called into several political talk shows (mostly liberal) and the hosts didn't know how to deal with him.
That would be awesome.  My dad was acquaintances with Mike Judge in the Beavis & Butthead era and would tell me how he sounded/acted exactly like how they did on the show.

I remember a few years back a friend also telling me JC would call into other shows occasionally, has anyone ever heard them?

Mops

Used to wonder if it was Phil Hendrie.  He also does a dead-ringer imitation of Bell.  Always hoped he would call Bell.  Or call Noory as Bell.

ourobouros2k2

QuoteHello l'm JC, and yes l did fool Art Bell, George Noory and Jerry Springer Show. l'am the PILOT calls flying over area 51 got shot down lol hehe, 1996 9/11.  Frantic caller and VICTOR.  My name is Miguel Vazquez do you have a clue how hard it is get on the air from the east coast C2C lol hehe.  l moved to Denver Colorado in June to see a comet 1996, nobody knew that and Art did not have a clue.  Moved back home in June 1997.  North Carolina same town where Art Bell was born.

Even this example, listed above, is structured better both grammatically and in spelling than anything the "real" JC could compose  :o  ;)

I personally always thought JC was Jim Cornette, they have a similar rhythm, quickness, and humor to them.

(I admit I LOL'ed that JC never types in anything but upper-case on Facebook)  ;D

Wasn't there a time when C2C was selling a JC CD with his best calls into show as a bonus for the After Dark Newsletter or Streamlink? I vaguely remember this and I vaguely remember JC calling regularly to Noory during that time period. Although it sounded a lot more scripted and lame.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: picwhoff on January 22, 2011, 07:32:50 AM
Hello l'm JC, and yes l did fool Art Bell, George Noory and Jerry Springer Show. l'am the PILOT calls flying over area 51 got shot down lol hehe, 1996 9/11.  Frantic caller and VICTOR.  My name is Miguel Vazquez do you have a clue how hard it is get on the air from the east coast C2C lol hehe.  l moved to Denver Colorado in June to see a comet 1996, nobody knew that and Art did not have a clue.  Moved back home in June 1997.  North Carolina same town where Art Bell was born.
if you are the real jc, then post a video of yourself doing the voice... and say something about coastgab in the recording so that we will know it's you.  you could also just post some audio if you prefer not to be seen, but you must mention coastgab.  attach it to a post here, or upload it to youtube and embed the video here.

wvghost

Quote from: BigWorm on July 14, 2008, 01:07:23 AM
I think he is a prank caller that caught on. In his early calls he would laugh n snicker when he said outrageous things, and would wait for the host to hang up on him... i half expected him to shout out bababooy, bababooy..... over time the hosts never hung up on him so he acted more and more serious/bold with the character he created.

I heard a rumor that J.C. is actually Phil hendrie? I doubt it though.