• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

JC

Started by BigWorm, July 14, 2008, 01:07:23 AM

ziznak

snaggin mr potsmokers collection and then I'm gonna see if what I got is the same.... I think the collection I got was from you mr 999?  back in the demonoid days?? can you guys compare bitrates like phallus's or is that in bad taste here?

Ipokesmot

The ones in mine were mostly converted to mp3 by me from someone who posted a ton on Youtube.  The rest were from Newsgroups, WinMX, and some I recorded myself back in the day.

Albedo

I always suspected he was UFO Phil. Every now and then JC's voice gives a hint of UFO Phil's voice. My favorite JC moment was when he told Art how he knows Art, George and the whole crew live on a compound together. Art got a kick out of that too.

Morgus

Quote from: Albedo on January 18, 2013, 04:21:00 AM
I always suspected he was UFO Phil. Every now and then JC's voice gives a hint of UFO Phil's voice. My favorite JC moment was when he told Art how he knows Art, George and the whole crew live on a compound together. Art got a kick out of that too.
The voice of "JC" clearly changed after Noory took over c2c ten years ago, if you compare older JC calls with Art Bell in the 90s.
Maybe Noory and his staff hired some voice guy to come up with different 'characters' to call in and replace the original JC and others?  8)

Albedo

I used to have all the JC shows saved to my hard drive but alas they are gone. It would be nice to compare all the voices.

abbajc

remember when george said this was going to happen
this was in 2006 i'ts 2013 it still hasn't happen
how many you guys want jc /oscar debate

Morgus

nobody wanted that since oscar was just some fake caller that Noory's staff created.
even JC may not be an imposter (not the same caller from the Art Bell days)
so best it all be forgotten forever.
maybe you are really the JC, Oscar, UFO-Phil caller trying to get more business?

Juan

Ha, ha, ha.  Listening to the fine art stream - Art is sitting in for George and gets a call from JC.  The real one.  What a hoot, made even better by it being a surprise.

morphiaflow

I direct you to my post on the topic of who JC really is--UFO Phil.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2808.msg62971.html#msg62971

lonevoice

I recall someone claiming years ago that a reliable source said that "JC" was Art's sometimes ham buddy, Jim Watkins KI6GU.   Anyone remember this, or know more about it? 

Juan

UFO Phil is a comedic actor who goes by the name Rick Still.  He lives in LA - the place that George always says JC is calling from.  Some suggested he was a troll on this forum a few months ago.

UFO Phil can go suck a, well nevermind. And not you, member UFOphil, I mean the gay acting one.
This milque-toast Noaryite may be the JC now, but I firmly stand by my opinion that he is not the JC from back in the day. And btw, how fucking lame to copy JC and call in, with host approval I'm sure.

The clip, JC Goes Crazy is the one that sinches it for me. See guys, I really do think JC was real. If you listen closely to that clip, you can hear him say how Art is always calling him up wanting to come over to JC's and hiding out in JC's bushes.

These are two people pranking JC and getting him fired up enough to call Art live. I feel that a couple of JC's fellow townsmen heard or knew he called in to give Art the whatfor all the time and decided to play a game. Of course it turned in to one of the greatest collections in the history of radio mind you. I think Art knew what was up too in this regard.

I knew a kid once from Cali that claimed his mother's friend got sucked into this guy's sect. Had quite a bit of details too and I can come close to believing him. But these are back in the golden days of the 90s, before Nooari did what he did. And to even think the current JC is that MFing UFO Phil is just about enough to make me sick. Fuck him and NOari. They both suck. Probably literally.

ItsOver

Jorch sounds even more phony than usual when the current day JC/UFO Phil or whatever it is calls in. 

Doomed

What was the name of the "demon" that used to call into noory? Was it Oscar? (Sort of an anti-JC )
Anywho, I seem to remember this demon calling into Art, and Art, without missing a beat, flipped on his voice changer. Shut ol' Oscar down on the spot. Art used the same gizmo on JC and it was instant frantic fun. JC went totally batshit crazy. I dont think Ive ever heard his voice go that high. Damn near wet myself laughing so hard.
8)

Elflord

I think that J.C. is like UFO Phil both are just played by the same person aka Rick Still.

abbajc

but i would love jc oscar debate

Morgus

Quote from: abbajc on February 28, 2013, 04:41:58 PM
but i would love jc oscar debate
then you are the only one, Tommy...  8)

coaster

JC belongs in the past. He was funny when Art Bell was on. Now its dull.

Morgus

Quote from: coaster on February 28, 2013, 06:59:32 PM
JC belongs in the past. He was funny when Art Bell was on. Now its dull.
thats true, only Art could play with the real JC back in the 90s.
Noory screws it up and now uses an obvious fake JC imposter to call.

abbajc

i want a jc webster vs oscar debate i'm sure others would too
think of what they could talk about

Morgus

Quote from: abbajc on March 01, 2013, 06:44:18 PM
i want a jc webster vs oscar debate i'm sure others would too
think of what they could talk about
you sound exactly like that Thunderbird troll guy, back again with yet another alias?  8)

I think JC was a set up from the first few calls. Likely Art told the guy to call back again and play up his schtick, or whatever. The last few times I heard him with George (I haven't listened for the past year or so) it wasn't the same.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2013, 02:22:23 AM
you sound exactly like that Thunderbird troll guy, back again with yet another alias?  8)

I'd really appreciate it if everyone could quit accusing people of being this or that person. There's no point in that. Thank you.

Foodlion

I wish people would quit accusing me of feeding people the green pork special.

I only did it that one time... and the shrimp does taste better after it's bleached. 

Foodlion

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 02, 2013, 03:25:42 AM
I think JC was a set up from the first few calls. Likely Art told the guy to call back again and play up his schtick, or whatever. The last few times I heard him with George (I haven't listened for the past year or so) it wasn't the same.

Agreed. I've compared the old JC to the new ones, and It's clearly not the same.

Maybe they couldn't live with the fact that even JC hated the show, and hired some washed up Los Angeles voice over to play the part. It's not hard really to immitate the voice.

Corona Kitty

UFO phill is not j.c.

I've heard an interview with phil and j.c. Called in to talk to him and some women.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on April 17, 2012, 01:03:14 AM
Did JC ever call in when Art had a guest?

The reason I ask is because he always seems to call in on Open Line shows and never when there is a guest. This always seemed suspicious to me and made me lean towards the JC is Fake camp. He seems to have no trouble calling in on Open Line shows or in Open Line hour but not when there is a guest (to my knowledge anyway). It's almost as if Art doesn't want to subject his guests to it and only brings him out on special occasions.

I was listening to an episode with Paglini the other day on Sex and the Occult and thought that that would have been the perfect opportunity for JC to call in to express his disgustation with the show's content.

I clearly remember JC calling at least once when Art had a guest on and JC chewed out the guest and Art. I think videos of it MIGHT be on You Tube. I'll have to do some research in my Itunes files but this week I'm too damned busy until after friday to do so.

Fake or not it was funny as hell and great radio. If you click on the link for Art Bell sells secrets to the Soviets quoted above you can hear Art use his voice changer and it doesn't even phase JC, he just keeps on ranting about a Soviet Union that doesn't exist anymore.

morphiaflow

I believe JC called while Art was talking to Willie Nelson.