• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The most-obviously mentally ill guests

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, December 25, 2010, 12:30:12 PM

One of the most fun things about Art's show was that every once in awhile an absolute lunatic would somehow make it on the show as a guest. These usually led to hilarious and psychologically fascinating shows and Art had a gift for helping these people to tell their stories while making it captivating radio. I always thought it was fascinating how a lot of these guests' minds worked. Maybe if we mention our favorite lunatic guests we can look for some shows we haven't listened to yet.

Here's a few off the top of my mind.

Dallas Thompson - This show was a favorite around here. This was the fitness guru who got into a horrific car crash suffering massive head trauma and then decided he was going to fly a one-man helicopter into the center of the earth at the hole in the North Pole. The story was so insane that it led to a classic show with Art even wondering on air who booked this guy.

George Green - The psychotic Billy Meier shill who's tales of New World Order mischief (chiefly Ted Kennedy wanted to have sex with his 15-year old daughter) and coming off extremely drunk or high on the air led to Art terminating the interview early live on air. Interestingly enough Green was much more lucid with the Snooron and pushed Fumbles around for three hours in one of the only Chubbes show I've liked.

Derrel Sims - A jabbering looney who rambled through a non-sensical story about the CIA and implanting disinfo in abductees brains to confuse the grays. You could hear Art groan at certain parts as he struggled along with the audience to keep up with this guy's bullshit. Somehow though Sims' only moments of clarity seem to come when he's shilling a hot line for new information and videos of his lectures on UFOs.

Those are the three that immediately come to mind.

That was an enjoyable post, we should see if we can find those shows to post here, I'll look through my shit for whatever I might have later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevenqbosell

If anybody has that George Green show, I will owe you you big time! That show looks hilarious

MV/Liberace!

i've attached the george green show where the arse log gets kicked off early.  it happens at about one hour and 25 minutes into the file. take special note of the bumper tune art uses to go out... and then AGAIN to come back in.  CLASSIC!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ringthane

Quote from: MV on December 26, 2010, 04:01:38 AM
i've attached the george green show where the arse log gets kicked off early.  it happens at about one hour and 25 minutes into the file. take special note of the bumper tune art uses to go out... and then AGAIN to come back in.  CLASSIC!!

*THAT* is how you call bullshit on a guest. Noory fans, listen to this clip. That's radio.

Stevenqbosell

Should I name my next animal, MV, Michael, or Mike?  ;D

You're the greatest bud.

Stevenqbosell

Just liestening to the 1st 10 mins of the George green show, and can already tell it's gonna be GREAT.

Thanks again MV

Marc.Knight

George Noory would never have the guts to do this, even if he could discern if the interview was good, or not.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 26, 2010, 08:52:39 AM
Should I name my next animal, MV, Michael, or Mike?  ;D

You're the greatest bud.
you should consider "nassim."  it's my islamic name.

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 26, 2010, 09:38:39 AM
George Noory would never have the guts to do this, even if he could discern if the interview was good, or not.
what's particularly impressive is art's decision to confront him man to man rather than just hang up and tell the audience the interview is over.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on December 26, 2010, 10:31:11 PM

what's particularly impressive is art's decision to confront him man to man rather than just hang up and tell the audience the interview is over.

The dignified approach. 

ringthane

Quote from: MV on December 26, 2010, 10:31:11 PM

just from memory: "I've got to tell you George, man to man -- I don't buy any of it."

pwned.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on December 27, 2010, 01:56:00 AM
just from memory: "I've got to tell you George, man to man -- I don't buy any of it."

pwned.
ROFL

MV/Liberace!

just to clarify... i'm a "ROFL" liar.  when i type "ROFL"... i actually am laughing, but i'm not really rolling on the floor.  actually, i can't think of a single occasion in my life when i've done that. 

just wanted to clear that up.  as you were.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: ringthane on December 27, 2010, 01:56:00 AM

pwned.

Seriously, when ART BELL says you're too all over the place for him, you know it's gotta be bad. Great show, and loved how a caller called in and said "you know, he was on with Noory a few months ago, do you guys check your guest?" LMAO

Art couldn't even do a whole hour w/ this guy, and Snooron did 3!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 27, 2010, 02:45:41 AM
Art couldn't even do a whole hour w/ this guy, and Snooron did 3!
of course he did.

WestBorder

Favorite Lunatic Guest:  David Icke.

I second David Icke.

Plus Preston Nichols and Nancy Lieder.

Preston Nichols was great, laid out two hours of lunacy and then said the classic "I don't know if I'm crazy or not"  ;D

Stevenqbosell

Ian explains why he had boot Maurice Cotterell from the show early.

In listening to Ian breakdown show prep, you can totally see the difference between Snoory and him.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Listening to the George Green show now. Thanks for posting ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Agent : Orange on December 29, 2010, 04:22:44 PM
Listening to the George Green show now. Thanks for posting ;)
it's a hoot, isn't it?

Interview was awesome. Art was doubtful of the whole thing right from the start, and hearing Green talk about Kennedy, etc. was hilarious. I also thought Art handled it well, was up front about what he was doing and why and did it in a fairly straight up way. 

Silent

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 29, 2010, 03:27:49 PM
Ian explains why he had boot Maurice Cotterell from the show early.

In listening to Ian breakdown show prep, you can totally see the difference between Snoory and him.

The show where Ian gave Steve Quayle the boot was great.  It had less to do with lunacy than his conastant doom and gloom.  The guy certainly is a lunatic however.  Little known CTC fact:  Steve Quayle hosted the show on 06-29-06.  I ran across this today and was half tempted to download it.

It's a toss up between Dames and John Lear. Some of the stuff that Lear said on the 5-11-06 show should have immediately qualified him for a straight jacket.

Vatar

Dr. Lorain Day is by far the most insane she is promoting pan-veganizm as a cure for all disease.  Everyone knows that the perfect food is the Alien nutrient slurry that we were fed right after the Grays genetically engineered us.

Stevenqbosell

Awww man. Looked through my archives, found a great one. This one is classic.

Rick Straussman is on to talk about DMT, the "spirit molecule."

From the 1st instance of him opening his mouth, you can tell this interview is going nowhere, fast.

He sounds like he's really burnt out, then like he took a rip of Ak-47, RIGHT before Art went to his line. Art even ask him if he's OK a few times. Stumbling and stammering, this was one for the record books, considering what the guest was to talk about...

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?5x18lz36n295nx2"></a>

I don't recall if this was a caller that turned into a later guest, or just a caller. But I really enjoyed the caller who trapped some sort of entity or creature by surrounding it with bug zappers and pinning it in a corner of a room. I would love to hear that again.

I think Art contacted the caller for a longer segment but I don't remember.

I've decided that I'm unable to think of one.
Maybe it is because C2C has no lunatic guests.... just gullible listeners?
Just a thought....  8)

Stevenqbosell

Is that Dallas Thompson show floating out there anywhere?