• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150818 - Father Jack Ashcraft - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 18, 2015, 08:07:34 PM

How would you like your parents waking you up early in the morning on a Sunday to put your clothes and shoes on to go sit on an uncomfortable wooden pew and listen to this voice drone on about Jesus for two hours?

pate

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 18, 2015, 10:13:07 PM
Can't wait for the first lawsuit when one soldier calls another soldier a cunt.

We did that all the time.  Sort of a term of affection, no idea why you'd sue/get yer panties all in a bunch...

Chine

His voice reminds me of a Baldwin brother. Alec or Billy (?) Baldwin.

maren

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 18, 2015, 10:14:48 PM
I think I have Art Bell PTSD.  Whenever I detect a touch of melancholy in his voice I automatically assume he's going to quit the show.  I need therapy.

You're right -- like any trauma it's embedded in our psyches and we respond even before we consciously can identify the reason. 

flimflam384

I had a freemason landlord once.  He was a good guy.  Laid back, played a lot of golf...

Herbn-Legend

Hiz voice😒 if hiz head spinz around we all kno hu he realy iz then😱

aldousburbank

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:15:18 PM
Anyway, this may be an interesting interview. I like faux priests so are so regressive and right wing that they do not even accept the current Catholic church, because it is too "liberal". I am sure they prefer the 6th century AD positions rather than the current 14th century positions.
You finally made me laugh. Are you feeling well, or am I?

Dr_Blue

Has anyone read this guests bio? Is he an exorcist?

SciFiAuthor

He just contradicted his comments on Martin. Rome does not recognize sede vacantists, which is true. But if Martin had been a sede vacantist then he would not have died a Jesuit in good standing.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 18, 2015, 10:16:03 PM
How would you like your parents waking you up early in the morning on a Sunday to put your clothes and shoes on to go sit on an uncomfortable wooden pew and listen to this voice drone on about Jesus for two hours?

Mine did when I was a kid. I never went back after I turned 18 and moved out.

Quote from: maren on August 18, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
Hey!  Did Art thank you guys tonight????  >:(
No, he didn't. Did we do something wrong?

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on August 18, 2015, 10:14:51 PM
Art Bell, from the kingdom of Joe Rogan's basement isolation tank...

There's got to be some way to get Art a special headset "waterproof" in which he can lay in the isolation tank for an hour before the show to contemplate deeply and then someone plugs him in and he goes live and does a whole show in the tank! Wish he or some one would attempt this it would be amazing radio!

trostol

Quote from: ASC on August 18, 2015, 10:18:34 PM
guy sounds like he should be commentating golf

i think he did this past weekend lol

maren

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:18:16 PM
Mine did when I was a kid. I never went back after I turned 18 and moved out.

I've only been back for my parents' funerals.  (Last time I wore pantyhose, too.)

Dr_Blue

(Whispers)..."hes on the 18th hole, this putt is for all the marbles............"

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 18, 2015, 10:16:03 PM

was a alter boy..got up even earlier to get all that..shtuff ready

aldousburbank

Heh, or reading news on local NPR affiliate.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 18, 2015, 10:17:16 PM
You finally made me laugh. Are you feeling well, or am I?

I must be slipping badly. I have been trying to make people laugh most of the time. Of course, I've gotten carried away on political tangents, but I won't go there.

Woe! The evil Second Vatican Counsel. Thanks to them, Nuns now can wear knee length skirts instead of the clothes worn by women in Biblical times. Satanic indeed!

Herbn-Legend

If ya finaly made it to b a pope Y would u settle for a name uzed 22 other timez? We need a pope terrance the 1st or pope steve😯💨💨💨

Uncle Duke

We were talking about this on another thread, but if anyone gets on-air tonight, please ask Art and the "priest" if they know what happened to Kathleen Keating.

pate

Wait, a Priest exposed himself to a Bishop and was "rubbed out" over it?

This is getting juicy...

ChandlersDad

Quote from: trostol on August 18, 2015, 10:20:00 PM
was a alter boy..got up even earlier to get all that..shtuff ready

I was also an altar boy. One time I could not get the high candles on the altar lite. The service began and I was sweating bullets. The priest finally came over and released me from "the stage".

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:02:32 PM
A little scared about this one. He's neither a Roman Catholic nor an Orthodox priest. He's from some sect called "the byzantine catholic church".

Sounds like a Catholic version of Robert Ghostwolf's Lost Boys Tribe.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 18, 2015, 10:21:07 PM
If ya finaly made it to b a pope Y would u settle for a name uzed 22 other timez? We need a pope terrance the 1st or pope steve😯💨💨💨
Pope John Paul George Ringo.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 18, 2015, 10:21:07 PM

I would like a Pope Fred, named after Saint Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)

maren

So far, I like him more than I thought I would (although he's just saying Yes the Devil (and Adam, for that matter) are real.