• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ed "No Shame" Dames

Started by Ruteger, April 10, 2009, 08:20:26 AM

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on October 17, 2012, 06:45:01 PM
"Jap earthquake"? Are those Noory's words or simply your shorthand?
hahahaha!!

ItsOver

I remember one of Lame Dame's predictions from several years back.  He predicted that a Space Shuttle mission would be cut short due to a meteor shower.  That never happened and Dame can't claim he's just off on the timing, with the retirement of the Shuttle.  The guy is a complete, shameless huckster. 

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on October 17, 2012, 06:56:12 PM
I remember one of Lame Dame's predictions from several years back.  He predicted that a Space Shuttle mission would be cut short due to a meteor shower.  That never happened and Dame can't claim he's just off on the timing, with the retirement of the Shuttle.  The guy is a complete, shameless huckster.

"Welcome back Ed Dames. It seems like you predicted there would be problems for a space shuttle a few years ago. And darn it, having two of them blow up sounds like a hit to me! Wow! You're still 100%!"

Problem solved.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on October 17, 2012, 10:04:12 PM
"Welcome back Ed Dames. It seems like you predicted there would be problems for a space shuttle a few years ago. And darn it, having two of them blow up sounds like a hit to me! Wow! You're still 100%!"

Problem solved.

Thanks, George!  ;) :D

ziznak

I just threw this one on after reading some of the posts here...
dr doom disagreeing with george and specifically the many replies that start with "no, no, no, george" is some good stuff...
and whats this little tidbit about crop circles being controlled from an underground martian base with an etch-a-scetch??  you can't make this stuff up!
I tried to put this on as background noise but my wtf senses were tingling off the charts

margoloo

I thought I had heard the worst.......until I listened to Ed Dames.  Jesus Mary and Joseph.   Please make him go away.

RedMichael

He said he was retiring to pursue what he left the army to do. Which was something about UFOs. So I was like "Ah he milked the remote viewing dry. Wow!" No, Noory asked if he is giving up remote viewing and he said no.

What exactly is he retiring from?

He has to be a loon because if it was a ploy to sell stuff by proclaiming retirement, he probably shouldn't be assuring everyone he will still be remote viewing seconds later. "Oh yea, stock and trade."

stevesh

Though he didn't say so, I got the impression that his Ukraine mail-order family has left for greener pastures, after Noory asked him about what's new in his personal life. 

ziznak

I died laughing at the bigfoot avatars.  Can't... make it... up...

ItsOver

Quote from: RedMichael on October 18, 2012, 01:55:33 AM
He said he was retiring to pursue what he left the army to do. Which was something about UFOs. So I was like "Ah he milked the remote viewing dry. Wow!" No, Noory asked if he is giving up remote viewing and he said no.

What exactly is he retiring from?

He has to be a loon because if it was a ploy to sell stuff by proclaiming retirement, he probably shouldn't be assuring everyone he will still be remote viewing seconds later. "Oh yea, stock and trade."

Good question.  Exactly how do you retire from being a loon???  ???

ItsOver

As much as I detest Dames, it'll be one less parawhacko guest for the show if he's gone, so we'll probably have to see C2C stumble into some other dreck.   Let's see, Noory's done weight loss, on-line dating, ..... so can a cooking segment be far off?  George does pan-fried sweetbreads?

Juan

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2012, 12:46:46 PM
George does pan-fried sweetbreads?

hahahhahahahahhahaha - and serves them to guests?  Tommy?

ItsOver

I can just hear Tommy trying to choke them down.   ;D  "You know, George......... you were REALLY good at singing!"

Sardondi

One of my big irritations about Dames has to do with his retirement as a major. I posted on this many moons ago, and for some reason at the time had some details about his length of service, etc. Bottom line is, it seems Dames retired with at least 20 years. It is almost not possible to have 20 years in and to be only a major. The military operates on the theory of "up or out", meaning that you must be promoted within a certain number of years, or you are involuntarily separated, or "retired" from the service.

I suspect that is what happened with Dames, since at 20 years an officer expects to be a full bird colonel - a lieutenant colonel at that age is definitely involuntary retirement fodder. But a 40-ish major? It's a humiliation, and I suspect Dames got canned for what the Army calls "unpromotability". Or as a Dames says, "retired".

Morgus

Quote from: Sardondi on October 18, 2012, 04:20:51 PM
One of my big irritations about Dames has to do with his retirement as a major. I posted on this many moons ago, and for some reason at the time had some details about his length of service, etc. Bottom line is, it seems Dames retired with at least 20 years. It is almost not possible to have 20 years in and to be only a major. The military operates on the theory of "up or out", meaning that you must be promoted within a certain number of years, or you are involuntarily separated, or "retired" from the service.

I suspect that is what happened with Dames, since at 20 years an officer expects to be a full bird colonel - a lieutenant colonel at that age is definitely involuntary retirement fodder. But a 40-ish major? It's a humiliation, and I suspect Dames got canned for what the Army calls "unpromotability". Or as a Dames says, "retired".

On the show this week however Dames admitted he didn't start as an officer in the army, he was an enlisted man for some years. So he must have gotten into officer school years later, so he wasn't 20 years as an officer so the lower rank would make more sense...

Loved it when Dames lit into the prior guest over Majestic 12 being a fraud. And Dames said it with a straight face! Pot meet kettle & etc. Alas, also no mention of the elderly missing gent from Nevada although I suppose Noory would call that a hit because Dames went on record as saying there's a body in California. Might be the old gentleman's then again, might not. Close enough. It's a hit!  ::)

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on October 18, 2012, 04:44:04 PM
On the show this week however Dames admitted he didn't start as an officer in the army, he was an enlisted man for some years. So he must have gotten into officer school years later, so he wasn't 20 years as an officer so the lower rank would make more sense...

That does explains it. Still, I want to grab him, slap him and tell him that hanging "Major, USA Ret'd" onto his name is like inviting your houseguest to sit down on a chair you're obviously proud to tell him is "made of 100% genuine Naugahyde!": 1) no one really cares that you're proud because you started out with a broken down La-Z-Boy from Goodwill; and 2) all it does is provide fodder for snickers at your expense. It may be unfair, but it's nonetheless true that only people completely without military experience will be impressed by his retired rank.

But I forget - I'm talking about Ed Dames, who does not know the meaning of shame or embarrassment.

I'm still waiting for the jetstream to come down to the deck.  Anybody remember how Dames danced his way out of that prediction?

Did Art or an other C2C hosts have Ingo Swann or any other "real"(?) remote viewers as a guest?  Were they asked about Johnson-Jameson/Dames?

ChewMouse

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 19, 2012, 12:42:49 PM
I'm still waiting for the jetstream to come down to the deck.  Anybody remember how Dames danced his way out of that prediction?

Did Art or an other C2C hosts have Ingo Swann or any other "real"(?) remote viewers as a guest?  Were they asked about Johnson-Jameson/Dames?
I have heard several other remote viewers interviewed on C2C, including Ingo Swann, by both Art and Noory. The guests have always been asked: "Do you know (of) Ed Dames?" and the only reply that I've ever heard is: "I know him." No particular inflection of the voice, no extra comment.

This has always struck me as odd. If anybody has ever heard any other kind of response from an RV-er, I'd like to hear it. But my impression is that his "colleagues" have nothing whatsoever to say about Dames.

Morgus

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 19, 2012, 12:42:49 PM

Art had Ingo Swann and many other RVers as guests back in the 90s as well as Major Dames several times.
Of course other RVers when c2c guests have been asked and referred to Dames as Dr. Doom
Dames has also commented on some of the other RVers, saying some of them were his students in the early years...

Art many times also confirmed the jet stream "came down on the deck" back in the 90s as a major "hit" that Dames made back then too.  8)

ziznak

Classic Art interviews with Ingo... Ingo's got one of those classic voices.

Blinko

Ed Dames has always been among the least favorite guests for me.

He comes across as a kid trying to tell stories beyond his understanding.

LA marzulli is another one, psuedo intellectual supreme.

The Ingo interview however, that was a classic

coaster

I was just listening to Ed Dames a little while ago. People were calling in and asking him why he hasn't remote viewed certain things, and he says "buy my course and do it yourself". Could of sworn one of the callers was Eveyln Paglini, but it must of been before she started playing witch make believe, because she sounded somewhat normal.

Lunger

That always struck me as well.  Retired as a Major?  I just can't see how that is possible.  Captian is automatic after 6 years.  Major is pretty much a lock after 8 or 9 years.  If you stay in the same grade for 6+ years something is seriously wrong.

I have never even heard of a 'retired' Major before....he had to have been forced out.

Sardondi

Quote from: Lunger on October 23, 2012, 06:28:23 AM
That always struck me as well.  Retired as a Major?  I just can't see how that is possible.  Captian is automatic after 6 years.  Major is pretty much a lock after 8 or 9 years.  If you stay in the same grade for 6+ years something is seriously wrong.

I have never even heard of a 'retired' Major before....he had to have been forced out.

As much as I thought this was the case, Morgus on October 18th explained it as follows:

Quote from: Morgus on October 18, 2012, 04:44:04 PM

They used to call enlisted men who were kicked upstairs to officer status "mustangs". In fairness to Dames, it actually says something about an enlisted man that someone saw leadership ability in him, and so it was with Dames. Still and all, as a general rule, retired officers just don't hang their rank on their names unless they're full colonels or above. It's strictly a status thing, or as others may say, "dick-sizing". Dames is obviously extremely proud of his rank, and I guess if I started out as a private I would be too.

But then he must have seen it all coming, so it couldn't have been a surprise....

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on October 23, 2012, 07:40:55 AM
Still and all, as a general rule, retired officers just don't hang their rank on their names unless they're full colonels or above.

According to Miss Manners, even that is an etiquette violation. Once you no longer hold the position, you lose the title. That would include 'Governors' Romney and Ventura.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on October 23, 2012, 07:40:55 AM
As much as I thought this was the case, Morgus on October 18th explained it as follows:

They used to call enlisted men who were kicked upstairs to officer status "mustangs". In fairness to Dames, it actually says something about an enlisted man that someone saw leadership ability in him, and so it was with Dames. Still and all, as a general rule, retired officers just don't hang their rank on their names unless they're full colonels or above. It's strictly a status thing, or as others may say, "dick-sizing". Dames is obviously extremely proud of his rank, and I guess if I started out as a private I would be too.

But then he must have seen it all coming, so it couldn't have been a surprise....

I'm sure Dames must have an extreme Napoleon complex.

ziznak

if you really listen to him he sounds just like the small kid at school who swears he has telekenisis

ShayP

It is almost not possible to have 20 years in and to be only a major. The military operates on the theory of "up or out", meaning that you must be promoted within a certain number of years, or you are involuntarily separated, or "retired" from the service.

No disrespect to you Sardoni, but this is simply not true.