• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Eddie Coyle, April 15, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Eddie Coyle

Barney Frank, Adam Carolla, Bob Woodward among the "not that big a deal" choir this week.

I'm not a man of faith...but if I were, I'd pray that the emperor of all maladies shows up in their marrow. Inoperable. Their deaths would define "not a big deal".

ziznak

Quote from: MV on April 21, 2013, 02:15:32 PM

the terms of service forbid the creation of new threads by people with display names starting with the letter z.  sorry about that.
Sucks man don't it Zircon ol boy?

Quote from: The General on April 21, 2013, 12:19:23 PM
Or the third, most likely scenario is that he will just continue to suck.  As much as I wish that he would, he's not going anywhere.  He'll just pretend to forget that he made such a dramatic ultimatum.

Just watched the 3 minutes in question from Beck's show... I think he is a true-believer who sucks and who really likes the money and adoration he receives for sucking and believing the piggy-shit conspiracy theories he pushes.  I think our national political dialogue would benefit if Beck decided to hang 'em up (or got booted off the air, a la Olbermann). Like you, General, I don't see that happening.  He will continue to blather and be a drag on the Republican brand.  (Oh, I know Beck regards himself as a neo-independent/libertarian, but he is also pretty clearly associated with "the right".)

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 21, 2013, 02:55:26 PM

Barney Frank, Adam Carolla, Bob Woodward among the "not that big a deal" choir this week.

I'm not a man of faith...but if I were, I'd pray that the emperor of all maladies shows up in their marrow. Inoperable. Their deaths would define "not a big deal".

Frank's comments were really shocking and ugly to me. I typically found his views passionate and entertaining,  particularly on Bill Maher's HBO show over the years.Even though I usually disagreed with his politics.  Interesting how former politicians change when they no longer have to worry about votes in the next election. He really fucked up this time.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/frankly-foolish-barney-frank-should-try-telling-parents-of-8-year-old-boston-victim-its-not-the-end-of-the-world/

It's never that big a deal when it's someone else's kid/wife/husband/parent who was killed, or had legs blown off. A simple "No comment" was appropriate, instead of opening their mouths and letting the world know what  thoughtless and/or callous assholes they are.

As for me, I take great solace in David Ortiz's "This is our fucking city. " It speaks for the rest of us whether we live in Boston or not. These are our kids, our families, our friends who were killed or maimed or just frightened to the core, and we hurt for every single one of them.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 21, 2013, 06:06:15 PM
As for me, I take great solace in David Ortiz's "This is our fucking city. " It speaks for the rest of us whether we live in Boston or not. These are our kids, our families, our friends who were killed or maimed or just frightened to the core, and we hurt for every single one of them.

Yes, it does. Yes we do.  Perfect, UC.

The General

That really sucks.  Those guys are unbelievably calloused, self obsessed assholes for insinuating that. 
3 dead and 180 maimed people means that thousands of lives were affected if not ruined, and hundreds of families will never be the same.   It's a big god damn deal.

And for nothing.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on April 21, 2013, 08:17:07 PM
That really sucks.  Those guys are unbelievably calloused, self obsessed assholes for insinuating that. 
3 dead and 180 maimed people means that thousands of lives were affected if not ruined, and hundreds of families will never be the same.   It's a big god damn deal.

And for nothing.
Using their logic, the Menendez murders would be more "important" than JFK's killing, because two is more than one.

You hit the nail on the head...self-obsessed is exactly it. All three are however at least sticking to their very nature, Frank as the selfish elitist asshole. Carolla as the fake tough guy(probably admires Tamerlan Tsarnaev being a boxer) and Woodward as the self-important has been who just watched Pete Williams and John Miller do what he is "supposed" to do.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 21, 2013, 02:55:26 PMBarney Frank...among the "not that big a deal" choir this week....
And yet, and yet. I'm willing to bet my home that should any of Bawnie's extra-special rent-a-pages from the 80's and 90's have had a pedi ruined in escaping the Marathon chaos, he'd have demanded the moral and financial equivalent of the Los Alamos Project be devoted to the public stoning to death of the several hundred conspirators whom he was convinced were behind what he would have insisted every justice-loving person knew to have been a hate crime aimed exclusively at gays. Apparently with Barn it's all about whose ox is being gored.
-------------------------------------------------------

Here's something I hadn't noticed until today. It's being passed about by Slate and a lot of other ordinarily moderately reliable sites. It's Tamerlan Tsarnaev's Amazon wish-list. Here are some of his choices with the books pulled up. It's informative: http://www.viralread.com/2013/04/20/ten-crazy-things-on-tamerlan-tsarnaevs-amazon-wish-list/

The Slate article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/04/19/tamerlan_tsarnaev_dead_bombing_suspect_i_don_t_have_a_single_american_friend.html

Beck is discussing his bombshell evidence as I type this. 

If what he is saying turns out to be true, this administration has a mountain of `splainin` to do, including, but not limited to, why Big Sis lied under oath in front of congress. Again, we shall see. 

Here`s a link to his site:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/21/key-congressmen-requests-classified-briefing-on-saudi-person-of-interest-in-boston-bombing/

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 22, 2013, 08:34:06 AM
Beck is discussing his bombshell evidence as I type this. 

If what he is saying turns out to be true, this administration has a mountain of `splainin` to do, including, but not limited to, why Big Sis lied under oath in front of congress. Again, we shall see. 

Here`s a link to his site:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/21/key-congressmen-requests-classified-briefing-on-saudi-person-of-interest-in-boston-bombing/

i caught a couple minutes of his show on my way to work, but he was saying pretty much nothing.  apparently i have to tune in longer to hear what's up.

Eddie Coyle

After making the absolutely foolish tactical decision of merely reading about an interview on MSNBC by Alan Doucheawitz, I'm now officially a cunt hair away from completely abandoning watching anything about this case until the court case begins.

Doucheawitz, defender of torture and Israeli sippenhaft incidentally having a fit over Tsnarnaev not being Mirandized at 8:40pm on friday. Oh that's right, the United States was the gov't apprehending Tsarnaev, not the country he wrote a book "Making a Case" for.

MV/Liberace!

by the way... when i first saw the name "boylston street," i initially misread it as "boston street."  i might as well have been mayor menino in that moment.  never has such a marble mouthed dummy held public office for so long.

Some fat head professor at City University of Nrew York named Ruth O'Brien thinks too much force was used to capture the dead bomber.  Apparently she is 'disturbed' at Tam's black and blue body - she understands the explanation, but doesn't quite believe them.

Oh yeah, and she started her column off with a few notes on Nazi's, Hitlers birthday, taxes, and the Berlin Wall.  I get it, and how typical - we're all just a a bunch of Nazi's. 

She thinks things tend to happen in April around her birthday, never mind things go on all year round..    This person teaches, writes books, has a column, and appears to be highly regarded.  No wonder we're n trouble.

http://ruthobrien.org/a-day-of-terror/

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on April 22, 2013, 02:07:24 PM
by the way... when i first saw the name "boylston street," i initially misread it as "boston street."  i might as well have been mayor menino in that moment.  never has such a marble mouthed dummy held public office for so long.
I'm glad to see the rest of the world witnessing what we've endured for 20 years. He got the nickname "Mumbles" in his first week on the job in the summer of '93 and has managed to only get worse with time. He makes Jesse Jackson sound like Orson Welles.

I'm so proud that he represents 33% of the total Boston mayors in my 37 years. Actually, we've had 3 since 1968. Pathetic.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2013, 02:15:54 PM
          I'm glad to see the rest of the world witnessing what we've endured for 20 years. He got the nickname "Mumbles" in his first week on the job in the summer of '93 and has managed to only get worse with time. He makes Jesse Jackson sound like Orson Welles.

I'm so proud that he represents 33% of the total Boston mayors in my 37 years. Actually, we've had 3 since 1968. Pathetic.

the biggest reason i hate him is because he actively lobbied to have opie and anthony fired after their "mayor is dead" prank.  i don't like politicians lobbying to have private sector employees fired from their jobs, particularly media people.  how pathetically thin skinned that man must be.  o&a didn't much care, though...  because at the time, they already had lined out their gig in new york (which they were eventually fired from, also).

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on April 22, 2013, 02:58:56 PM

the biggest reason i hate him is because he actively lobbied to have opie and anthony fired after their "mayor is dead" prank.  i don't like politicians lobbying to have private sector employees fired from their jobs, particularly media people.  how pathetically thin skinned that man must be.  o&a didn't much care, though...  because at the time, they already had lined out their gig in new york (which they were eventually fired from, also).
It was so ridiculous, Mumbles claimed "his grandkids could have heard that"...even though his grandkids were too young(toddlers I believe) to be listening to a hard rock station, during a "shock jock" broadcast. But you hit the target about O&A's motivations and concerns-they'd outgrown WAAF and wanted to go back home to NYC. They got fired before they could quit. I think it was April 6 when they got shitcanned. They would have been gone by summer no matter what.

"ILL Douchey" Mumbles is a extraordinarily thin-skinned prick, he hates my neighborhood because we're usually the only district that doesn't give him votes(too bad we're only 45,000 of 650,000) and openly mock him. Our dearly departed City Councilor named Jimmy Kelly used to refer to him as "Mumbles" and clash with him. Unfortunately, the guys who replaced him are kissasses.

Juan

I don't recall ever having heard the mayor speak before.  When I heard him last week, I asked myself, "Who is this Noory impersonator?"

eddie dean

The Boston state PD helicopter FLIR (Infrared/thermal imaging) footage of the bomber hiding in the boat.
At about 1:46min and 2:06min,  you can see the flashbangs exploding around him.

Helicopter hovering over the boat where Boston bombing suspect was Capture!!!

Frys Girl

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 22, 2013, 04:04:23 PM
I don't recall ever having heard the mayor speak before.  When I heard him last week, I asked myself, "Who is this Noory impersonator?"
LOL

Eddie Coyle

Breaking tonight: Boston.com and local news outlets.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, a "person of interest" in a brutal unsolved triple murder in Waltham,MA..get this, Sept 11, 2011. Tsarnaev's friend had his throat cut(and did the other two victims) and drugs were left at the scene. Mind you, not stolen as one would suspect in a dug related homicide, the drugs in question supposedly dumped on them.

Also kicked out of his mosque in November for his loudly protesting "American influences" like Thanksgiving being celebrated. And then again in January for Martin Luther King being mentioned during services, pointing how King wasn't a Muslim and Tsarnaev apparently feeling African Americans were not real Muslims anyway.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2013, 09:40:29 PM

Breaking tonight: Boston.com and local news outlets.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, a "person of interest" in a brutal unsolved triple murder in Waltham,MA..get this, Sept 11, 2011. Tsarnaev's friend had his throat cut(and did the other two victims) and drugs were left at the scene. Mind you, not stolen as one would suspect in a dug related homicide, the drugs in question supposedly dumped on them.

Also kicked out of his mosque in November for his loudly protesting "American influences" like Thanksgiving being celebrated. And then again in January for Martin Luther King being mentioned during services, pointing how King wasn't a Muslim and Tsarnaev apparently feeling African Americans were not real Muslims anyway.

Investigators are starting to connect all the dots, showing he was becoming more and more radical. His facebook page or youtube channel had videos from radical Chechen extremists.
I hope they can find evidence to tie him to those murders, for the family's  sake.
And what crazy fuck would leave all that perfectly good weed behind.  what a weirdo. :)
Sorry I had to say that to lighten the mood. I couldn't resist!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on April 22, 2013, 10:26:01 PM

And what crazy fuck would leave all that perfectly good weed behind.  what a weirdo. :)
Sorry I had to say that to lighten the mood. I couldn't resist!
It certainly wasn't his younger brother's modus operandi, a big devotee of smoke who'd never take such actions with wacky tobacky. Merely attending UMASS/Dartmouth, aka "The 13th grade" makes him a pothead by proxy.

Mood lightening is needed and appreciated.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2013, 10:34:24 PM
          It certainly wasn't his younger brother's modus operandi, a big devotee of smoke who'd never take such actions with wacky tobacky. Merely attending UMASS/Dartmouth, aka "The 13th grade" makes him a pothead by proxy.

Mood lightening is needed and appreciated.

indeed. I actually heard somewhere today that the younger brother was a "typical college student" and smoked every day. Then he suddenly quit smoking one day, and therein started all the problems. How's that for a pro marijuana debate.
Smoking pot helps you not bomb people 

Sardondi

Quote from: eddie dean on April 22, 2013, 11:33:39 PM
indeed. I actually heard somewhere today that the younger brother was a "typical college student" and smoked every day. Then he suddenly quit smoking one day, and therein started all the problems. How's that for a pro marijuana debate. Smoking pot helps you not bomb people
Maybe....
OR, maybe suddenly cutting off "non-addictive" weed after years of heavy or even moderate steady use threw him into an emotional and psychological tailspin that made him susceptible to his big brother's hate-filled preaching.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: eddie dean on April 22, 2013, 11:33:39 PM
indeed. I actually heard somewhere today that the younger brother was a "typical college student"
The kids they are interviewing on TV are the very defiintion of "typical college student"

Unobservant,oblivious dolts.

eddie dean

Quote from: Sardondi on April 22, 2013, 11:54:22 PM
Maybe....
OR, maybe suddenly cutting off "non-addictive" weed after years of heavy or even moderate steady use threw him into an emotional and psychological tailspin that made him susceptible to his big brother's hate-filled preaching.
maybe..
or perhaps if the youngster had continued to smoke weed and then his older brother directed him to get on the internet and build a bomb, the result might have mistakenly been,
a sophisticated pressure cooker bong that would automatically light and fill with smoke, using only a cell phone.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2013, 11:57:26 PM
         The kids they are interviewing on TV are the very defiintion of "typical college student"

Ha ha.
I wonder how far these interviews from his past, are going to go. are we going to see his 3rd grade teacher telling us how sweet and shy he was. That she never imagined he could "do something like this. But there was this one time......"
And then give us some meaningless tid-bit about a weird picture he drew when he was in art class

Sardondi

Quote from: eddie dean on April 23, 2013, 12:45:31 AMmaybe.. or perhaps if the youngster had continued to smoke weed and then his older brother directed him to get on the internet and build a bomb, the result might have mistakenly been, a sophisticated pressure cooker bong that would automatically light and fill with smoke, using only a cell phone.
Heh.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2013, 11:57:26 PMThe kids they are interviewing on TV are the very defiintion of "typical college student"
I'm, surprised the keyboarders and chatterers haven't transubstantiated the pothead slacker into an "honor student" à la Bonfire Of The Vanities.

BTW Tom Wolfe's book about New York in the 80's is a brilliantly incisive and wickedly funny book. Wolfe knows and exposes the cynical, vain and self-serving foibles of the human heart, and captures his age every bit as perfectly as Dickens and Trollope did.