• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What kind of phone do you have?

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 22, 2012, 03:00:16 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sherpa high on April 14, 2013, 07:29:20 PM
You are right, the prepaid market isn't what it used to be; there are a lot of great choices out there now. After my contract was up with Verizon, I decided to purchase the HTC EVO 3D 4G on Virgin Mobile with their $35/month plan and have been using it for a few months now. So far I've been happy with it.

hopefully virgin's network is better where you live than it was here.  i tried them for about 4 months and gave up.  it was absolutely atrocious.  virgin does run on sprint's godawful network, so straight talk is probably the way to go on the prepaid side.

Frys Girl

Do you even have to ask? Iphone baby!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on April 23, 2013, 07:13:35 AM
Do you even have to ask? Iphone baby!

wow.  i thought you were done with the iphone a long time ago.

Frys Girl

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2013, 01:16:20 PM

wow.  i thought you were done with the iphone a long time ago.
Haven't found anything to top the Iphone. I'm not impressed with the Windows phones or the Androids. Apple keeps it organized and simple. I still think Apple is overpriced.

I`ve tried them all, owned most, and the absolute best phone I`ve ever come across is the HTC MyTouch 4G Slide. The only drawback is the battery, but I ordered a battery off Amazon that greatly extends it`s  use.

One of things that I find very satisfying about this unit is, the camera and video are flat out amazing.

gustne

Re the HTC MyTouch 4G Slide can someone comment on the .mp3 play capability?  I am not an Apple fanboy and the iPod feature sux; I gave up a year ago trying to adapt to the iPod mentality...and ready to switch.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: gustne on April 25, 2013, 08:14:34 AM
Re the HTC MyTouch 4G Slide can someone comment on the .mp3 play capability?  I am not an Apple fanboy and the iPod feature sux; I gave up a year ago trying to adapt to the iPod mentality...and ready to switch.

is a slide out keyboard something you prefer to have?

gustne

Quoteis a slide out keyboard something you prefer to have?
Definitely want a slider with keys that maybe even click...I hate the effen txting touchscreen...I'm old school...touch typist with fat fingers...nfg w/touchscreens.
Also want to stay with VZ (coverage on Interstates & rural areas) so I guess the HTC (TMobile) is out.
Samsung prolly still has a slider or 2 and a civilized audio player that respects my custom-tagged .mp3s...music and C2C.

jazmunda

I've had an iPhone since it's inception and I have not looked back nor will I.

It plays nicely with my other Apple products and has all the apps I want or need.

ziznak

ATT the whores that they are say im ready for a free phone.  the upgrade would be nice... my first dual core phone-wise.  Right now its some Galaxy exhilerate or an HTC one ... or one X... dunno.  I'm pretty much decided on the Galaxy on specs alone though.

it's got the latest version of android of most phones available too so I think it's really just the newest model that I can get for free.

onan

Right now I have a Droid Razor. Up until a month ago it was fine. But now my work has significantly changed and I am always being called. I am not sure what the problem is but the phone seems to become catatonic if I try to switch from navigation mode to answer a phone call.

At least 50% of the time voice commands don't work because the program freezes.  Add on top, it is a battery whore; even while docked when driving it can't keep up. Almost all of my coworkers use Iphones. So will I next month.

ziznak

Aren't the razors notorious for batt problems?

onan

Quote from: ziznak on May 05, 2013, 12:30:25 PM
Aren't the razors notorious for batt problems?

Quite possibly. Another poster commented on a droid they had just purchased. There are a few here that have quite a bit of knowledge about tech... I on the other hand just bump into walls.

Jojo

Quote from: stevesh on December 23, 2012, 07:43:49 AM
No land line, but I have a cell phone for driving emergencies. We're all old enough to remember breaking down somewhere on an expressway, always exactly between two distant exits, and having to flag a ride to a pay phone.

Tracfone requires that you purchase minutes every 90 days, so I currently have 828 minutes and can't remember the last time I accepted an incoming call. Friends and family know I prefer email.

My main beef with talking on a phone is that I can't read body language, so I can't tell if I'm being lied to. Paranoia rather than social anxiety, I guess.
I like to get a few identical cheap disposible phones without any minutes because then I can keep a couple charged at all times, for an easy battery swap when the one which is my "minutes" phone loses battery.  All the phones call 911 free, even without minutes or subscription. That way I always have battery and plus the spare phones all have 911 access for years until their sim card eventually obsolences out.  And I've rarely paid more than $8 per phone.  The flip phones stay cleaner.

Plus SafeLink will subscribe them free of charge for low income people.  Just not the Android ones.

I had a couple Jitterbugs for years.  The subscription was at least $50/mo back then, but the phones batteries last forever!  Forever!  And yes, you can swap the battery out so you never have to do without your main phone.  These long battery ones were flip phones without the Internet.

My Google-controlled RCA tablet has a free phone app, for outbound calls on Wi-Fi.  That app alone more than pays for the tablet itself in the first few months!

Landline phones are great, esp in windstorms or power outages.

Up All Night

Android 7.1.1 Nougat ~ ZTE Blade Z Max (Z982)

$99.00 New ~ October 2017 at Metro PCS
$30/mo 2GB High Speed Data Plan

4G LTE
4,080mAh Battery
32GB ROM/2GB RAM
16MP Rear Camera
Front-facing Camera 8MP
Fingerprint Sensor
Separate charging (USB Type C) and headphone inputs
Added a SanDisk SDHC UHS-I/U3 32GB Micro SD Card $17.00 (Target)

Firefub fone with the upgraded camera and optional headset, of course.

Huawei makes the best phones, fight me.

The Alcoholic

iPhone XR. Fuck OLEDS and 1080P.

I mean DAT BATTERY LIFE =