• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Faustina

Quote from: BellBoy on August 26, 2015, 04:16:20 PM
Thankfully, in less than six weeks, Art's already built up a rather impressive "best of" bank to fall back on, if necessary.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Art.  Will understand if you need to take the night off.  (Graham Hancock would make a good replay, imo).

Zenman

Sorry to hear that, Art. Turn RCH loose and get some rest. That'll hold us.

Art Bell

Well I think I will try to be there tonight but I am hurting about this. Ben has been a 30 Year friend, it is truly hard.

On another note I spoke to Peter Robbins a couple of times today and we agree it was a bad misunderstanding, while there were questions that concerned a dispute of facts on the second page of his show notes it did not indicate the personal nature of the attacks. It remains my view that the Paranormal community is not served well by this stuff on air no matter who is right and who is wrong. Peter has written a book about all this that was (he said) to be out when we went on air, at air time he said it will be another Week and a half. I did try pretty hard to lead him away from the personal stuff and back to the story and I guess he felt he wanted to get that stuff out. In my opinion if this stuff has to go on it should be in a book or if bad enough, in court but the Paranormal is already on thin ground with the General Public. Anyway we are good with each other.

Art

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 05:16:36 PM
Well I think I will try to be there tonight but I am hurting about this. Ben has been a 30 Year friend, it is truly hard.

On another note I spoke to Peter Robbins a couple of times today and we agree it was a bad misunderstanding, while there were questions that concerned a dispute of facts on the second page of his show notes it did not indicate the personal nature of the attacks. It remains my view that the Paranormal community is not served well by this stuff on air no matter who is right and who is wrong. Peter has written a book about all this that was (he said) to be out when we went on air, at air time he said it will be another Week and a half. I did try pretty hard to lead him away from the personal stuff and back to the story and I guess he felt he wanted to get that stuff out. In my opinion if this stuff has to go on it should be in a book or if bad enough, in court but the Paranormal is already on thin ground with the General Public. Anyway we are good with each other.

Art
Ain't no time to hate. Barely time to wait.

BellBoy

Condolences Art... Sorry for your loss, man.

chefist

Take a night, Art! You don't work for the "man" any longer! God Bless!

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on August 26, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Unless being on the air is a healing thing.

bateman

Quote from: chefist on August 26, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Quote from: nbirnes on August 26, 2015, 05:26:52 PM
Unless being on the air is a healing thing.

Agree and agree. Sorry for your loss, Art.

Meister_000

Art, you haven't slept a wink. You owe us nothing. Please take care of your health as best you can.  Love.

starrmtn001

Dear Art.

I am so sorry for the loss of your close friend.  My heart and prayers go out to his family, your family, and you.

SciFiAuthor

Sorry for your loss Art.

coaster

I am sorry to hear about the loss of a close friend. it is always great to hear you on the air, but we know about priorities. Not one person would be upset if you took some time away. Sorry again Art, thats just truly horrible to lose someone so close. My condolences.

Uncle Duke

Art

Condolences on the loss of your friend, I've been there and it still hurts.

I hope you don't let the ill-conceived actions of one "investigator" put you off from doing other Rendlesham shows down the road. I believe it is the single best UFO encounter in the history of ufology.  I strongly encourage you to have Nick Pope on as a guest to discuss Rendlesham to give your listeners a good overview of the incident, but also to interview the individual experiencers, keeping in mind this was a three night event and not all the SPs or Col Halt were present all three nights.  The sad fact is there are animosities among the principle experiencers but others with nowhere near your talent as an interviewer have dealt successfully with those issues.  In a perfect world, we'd be able to get all these men on a stage together, and you are probably the only man in the field who has the connections and credibility to pull something like that together.

Freyja

Art, my deepest and sincere condolences to you, Airyn and especially to Micai, their daughter and all whom loved Ben. May he now be free of pain, disease and find all the answers to this universe of ours that we have been seeking along with you for many years. May his journey be full of light, love, peace and wonder.

I cannot imagine you doing a program on AI tonight, even if you manage to choose to get on the air at all. However if you do, you may want to consider doing a program as a tribute to Ben, in whatever way that is significant to you....just a thought. Do whatever you need to do to remember and mourn the passing of your friend, Ben.

True friends are rare and a special gift....soul groups/mates perhaps.

May the memories you have shared give you comfort in time here in this dimension. in our most current physical "containers",  as no doubt in my current best view, your true essence, as with his,  will meet again.   

Faustina

Quote from: nika01 on August 10, 2015, 07:44:07 AM
It worked fine with Downcast on Iphone. Spectacular. No issues at all. One ~ 50 meg file for each night.

Thanks Keith and the other guy ...

Does anyone know yet if there is a podcast app for android that makes it easy to download MITD shows?

trostol

Art

Sorry for your loss. Perhaps take the night and do a re-run

as for last nights guest..maybe no one has given him the appropriate place/time to vent and he mistook that for your intention last night..who knows..have RCH have him and the other go on to duke it out lol

someone will say something that makes you think of your friend, and you will say:  "Ben says...", or "Ben likes to...".  You won't think to put it in the past tense.

That's kind of nice, though.  A 30-year friendship is a rare and great thing.

Condolences to you, and to the friends and family of Ben.

WhiteCrow

Art

Sorry for loss of long time friend. Do what's best for you and family, we understand.

FWIW... I enjoyed last night program with Robbins. Been following Paranormal for more decades than care to admit, at least 3 decades more you :) I'm pretty well versed on all aspects of paranormal and the principal players. So didn't need any background last night to get caugh up on latest development.

Even though a very slight chance of it happening, a debate between parties on your show would be the height of entertainment. Because that would bring something new to a very old story.

As a septic, I could care less about protecting the reptatation or validity of anything that has to do with paranormal. It all good fun and judging by the reponds that Robbins has generated today on this thread, looks me, that his conflict brings interest, human nature thingie. Exploit it..... you've been handed a gift ;)

Art, my sincerest condolences to you and your family. There are no words suitable at a time like this. But, just know that we, the bellgabbers, care deeply and offer our total support. God bless you and all those who grieve.

Meister_000

Quote from: Faustina on August 26, 2015, 06:17:19 PM
Does anyone know yet if there is a podcast app for android that makes it easy to download MITD shows?

No special app required (I'm on Android). Its just a plain old mp3 file that'll work in any audio/music/media player. Just click the download link and save it localy (that's all, no trick).  You should have at least one built-in player that came with your phone. If you do have probs ask again.

Bradsmith313

Art
I'm sorry about your loss, Art. It's never easy. I lost a brother and my father within a year. Never easy.

I felt you handled the situation as best as you could and you voiced what a lot of us were feeling. You were, as ever, doing what you do best and thanks. I'm glad you're back.

zeebo

Sorry to hear about your friend, Art.  Do whatever you feel is best tonite.  Take care, man.

sydtron

https://youtu.be/XJpALdxzFzA

This was Ben. 

I didnt know ow the guy.
I think Art played this clip on his show once. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Faustina on August 26, 2015, 06:17:19 PM
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8017.300.html

serenity

Sorry for your loss Art and the loss to the Ham community. You both are in our hearts and prayers
AD5NW and family

QST QST QST KD7BCW  sk

- - . -   ...   -     - - . -   ...   -    - - . -   ...   -     - . -   - . .    - - . . .   - . . .   - . - .  . - -     . . .   - . -

ziznak

Sorry about your friend Art.  You know we are here and behind whatever decision you make in regards to your show and guests. 

If you are willing to give Peter Robbins another shot then so am I.  Can't say I speak for the group but I would follow you into the darkest inner circle of Hell if your intuition guided you there.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ziznak on August 27, 2015, 10:46:07 AM
Sorry about your friend Art.  You know we are here and behind whatever decision you make in regards to your show and guests. 

If you are willing to give Peter Robbins another shot then so am I.  Can't say I speak for the group but I would follow you into the darkest inner circle of Hell if your intuition guided you there.

Perhaps but I think he has earned a spot in the sin bin for a while to think about what he did.

As for the darkest inner circle of hell. I can only assume you are referring to Steve Quayle. I think I'd probably sit that one out. Dave can have him.

Art Bell

Ok, here is a report as I see it now. We have a damn good product, in my view easily the best product by a mile. We have quality programming, we have far better audio, we don't whore the show out with infomercials, we have a small number of commercials, the RSS feed is up to Industry standard and the audio on it is awesome. We are continuing to get subs at 7.99 so all is well.

The only thing we need is to get the word out that we are here, most Don't even know we exist, this is
changing but slowly, we need some way to get the word out faster, I know there are a lot of good thinkers here so any idea's are welcome. Most people joining now we're told by somebody and say something like Wow I thought Art was still in the Philippines. So at this point it's just getting the word out that we exist.

Art

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on August 27, 2015, 03:32:35 PM
Ok, here is a report as I see it now. We have a damn good product, in my view easily the best product by a mile. We have quality programming, we have far better audio, we don't whore the show out with infomercials, we have a small number of commercials, the RSS feed is up to Industry standard and the audio on it is awesome. We are continuing to get subs at 7.99 so all is well.

The only thing we need is to get the word out that we are here, most Don't even know we exist, this is
changing but slowly, we need some way to get the word out faster, I know there are a lot of good thinkers here so any idea's are welcome. Most people joining now we're told by somebody and say something like Wow I thought Art was still in the Philippines. So at this point it's just getting the word out that we exist.

Art

Hey, are you that guy who used to host the George Noory Show?

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on August 27, 2015, 03:32:35 PM

Art

Would it be helpful to call Universities and Colleges who have their own radio stations....?  Might be a way to reach a bunch of young curious minds?