• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sardondi

My vote is the "pretend you're gay and rate the C2C hosts as to who you'd like to kiss" troll.

scifinj

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2013, 01:44:55 AM
Noory repeated tonight his own 2013 prediction he made last night (again violating Art's old rules, where the show was only caller predictions)
Noory predicts a big solar X flare will hit the earth and 'wake up' the government to pay for backing up the power grid.
But he doesn't realize after that happens if it takes out the grid, it will be too late by then...

Yet another instance of GN foot-in-mouth. I have a theory that much of his ineptitude is due to his background in television, which has for a long, long time been rife with intellectual mediocrity and mass-appeal garbage.

lonevoice

Quote from: Em Vee on January 02, 2013, 05:48:11 AM

i've just contacted those people and asked them to let me have access to the full version of the article.  we'll see.
The internet wayback machine for KTRS in St. Louis shows Jorch was there, and had a nightly show from 7PM-12PM as the lead-in to Art's show. 

Here's their archived homepage:  http://web.archive.org/web/19981111185119/http://ktrs.com/

Here's their archived schedule page:  http://web.archive.org/web/19991117173004/http://ktrs.com/schedule.htm

Here's their bio page for Jorch:  http://web.archive.org/web/19981202193118/http://ktrs.com/gn_pers.htm

I'm afraid it's true that Prem Rat had ample opportunity (5 hours/night, 5 nights/week) to hear what Jorch was (in)capable of before they recruited him to take over C2C.  That's beeeyon bleef.

tmock00

What has always struck me as strange is that I lived in St. Louis in the early to mid '90s and remember vividly listening to Art in the early days when he was just branching out and taking on affiliates, but I can't ever recall listening to George Noory as the Nighthawk back then. You would think I would remember even one Noory/Nighthawk show just as well as I remember Art in those early days - especially if Noory's show was the lead in - but as hard as I try, I just don't recall ever hearing it. I probably did, but he was obviously just as boring to me then as he is now. So much so, that I can't remember listening to even one of his shows.

Gay

Why did he join the Navy anyway? He was born in 1950, served 9 years and retired just b/f Desert Storm. So let's say he served 1981-90, so it was between ages 31 and 40.  He was a PR Officer which meant his entire job was reading press releases to the media (not exactly Seal Team Six).

Why did he join the Navy? His wikipedia page said he was the nation's youngest news director at age 28, and this was the part of his life when his kids were really young. Was he desperate for money? Was he so patriotic that he felt reading press releases was more important than spending time with his young children? Very interesting

Marc.Knight

Quote from: tmock00 on January 02, 2013, 01:23:38 PM
What has always struck me as strange is that I lived in St. Louis in the early to mid '90s and remember vividly listening to Art in the early days when he was just branching out and taking on affiliates, but I can't ever recall listening to George Noory as the Nighthawk back then. You would think I would remember even one Noory/Nighthawk show just as well as I remember Art in those early days - especially if Noory's show was the lead in - but as hard as I try, I just don't recall ever hearing it. I probably did, but he was obviously just as boring to me then as he is now. So much so, that I can't remember listening to even one of his shows.

I listened to Noory as the "NightHawk" regularly.  He was a lot better then than he is now.  He was known to be a little strange, however, such as walking out of the studio in response to callers.  One time a producer said the NH had stepped out for a "good cry".  He would then come back to the mic and deny he had ever left.  This was a year or two before he started filling in on C2C.

Morgus

Quote from: Gay on January 02, 2013, 02:14:43 PM
Why did he join the Navy anyway? He was born in 1950, served 9 years and retired just b/f Desert Storm. So let's say he served 1981-90, so it was between ages 31 and 40.  He was a PR Officer which meant his entire job was reading press releases to the media (not exactly Seal Team Six).

Why did he join the Navy? His wikipedia page said he was the nation's youngest news director at age 28, and this was the part of his life when his kids were really young. Was he desperate for money? Was he so patriotic that he felt reading press releases was more important than spending time with his young children? Very interesting

You must have missed when Noory told the story last year of being offered a 'presidential' commision in the Navy back then, and of course he accepted it, a safe desk job.
He told of getting out of the Navy just before his group would have gone to Iraq...
Though he often mentions he wished he had stayed in long enough to reach the rank of Lt. Commander, instead of only Lt.

Morgus

Quote from: Marc knight on January 02, 2013, 02:21:58 PM
I listened to Noory as the "NightHawk" regularly.  He was a lot better then than he is now.  He was known to be a little strange, however, such as walking out of the studio in response to callers.  One time a producer said the NH had stepped out for a "good cry".  He would then come back to the mic and deny he had ever left.  This was a year or two before he started filling in on C2C.
Noory still seems to walk out of the studio early on many Friday nights...

ChewMouse

I'd like to know how old George is. His birth year.

Can anyone find this? Maybe my computer skills are lacking a bit these days, but I can't find it anywhere.

Morgus

Quote from: ChewMouse on January 02, 2013, 03:44:09 PM

Can anyone find this? Maybe my computer skills are lacking a bit these days, but I can't find it anywhere.

Noory has said on the air many times that he was born in June 1950

coaster

his date of birth is on his wiki page.  June 4, 1950

Eddie Coyle

Sunday, June 4, 1950.

Fittingly born on a day of rest.

Quote from: Morgus on December 25, 2012, 05:42:53 PM
At one point Noory asked 'Santa' what other stuff people left out for him besides milk and cookies.
'Santa' mentioned pizza - Noory should have asked him if that was like those dangerous burning microwave pizza rolls ;)

well it seemed like good luck last night when i happened to hear george telling this story again, i was able to play it for my DH. but deep down i know it's just because he told the story so many times that it will be hard to miss as time wears on....endlessly.
i not only smell pizza rolls but maybe a lawsuit? george is silly if he thinks mothers just plop those little nuclear bombs on their childrens plates. uhhh, george, mothers know how microwave ovens work.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2013, 03:04:10 PM
You must have missed when Noory told the story last year of being offered a 'presidential' commision in the Navy back then, and of course he accepted it, a safe desk job.
He told of getting out of the Navy just before his group would have gone to Iraq...
Though he often mentions he wished he had stayed in long enough to reach the rank of Lt. Commander, instead of only Lt.

I wish I had missed Noory telling that story.  He made it almost sound as if the president had personally called and begged him for his service.  Jorch being the patriot that he is, had to step forward for his call of duty.  After all, we all know selfless Jorch is.   ::)

coaster

Quote from: ItsOver on January 02, 2013, 04:14:23 PM
I wish I had missed Noory telling that story.  He made it almost sound as if the president had personally called and begged him for his service.  Jorch being the patriot that he is, had to step forward for his call of duty.  After all, we all know selfless Jorch is.   ::)
I remember hearing that story, and thats exactly how he wanted it to sound.

I guess he had a psychic on for a new years show? Sorry, I am only listening with one brain cell now so I dont remember his name. But even though I was only tuned in for five minutes I got to hear one of Georges priceless stories about when he was working his way through college selling shoes, his big dream was to start a line of shoes and call it by some bogus Italian name. But being the worker in the light that he is, his main goal was to somehow "make them really cheap and sell them for a nice high price". That's our George!

smitty9999

George is full of it.  Before he said he was launching his one man crusade against pizza rolls, he gave us some insight into how dumb he is.

He said his normal thing to buy at 7-11 is a turkey on whole wheat (good for guys on P-90) but they were sold out.  So George reaches for the next best item, a freaking pizza roll. 

Good job George, you're such a health nut that you rank the pizza roll at 7-11 as your second choice when the turkey on whole wheat isn't available. 

Quote from: smitty9999 on January 02, 2013, 05:59:23 PM
George is full of it.  Before he said he was launching his one man crusade against pizza rolls, he gave us some insight into how dumb he is.

He said his normal thing to buy at 7-11 is a turkey on whole wheat (good for guys on P-90) but they were sold out.  So George reaches for the next best item, a freaking pizza roll. 

Good job George, you're such a health nut that you rank the pizza roll at 7-11 as your second choice when the turkey on whole wheat isn't available.

Maybe it was the next cheapest item.  Assuming one even believes anything the Snorge says.

ItsOver

They must have been out of bean burritos, too.  Poor Jorch.  He's always plugging food preparedness, such as eFoodsDirect.  He couldn't have gone home and popped open a nice pouch of some his freeze-dried goodness?

Quote from: Em Vee on January 02, 2013, 05:39:41 AM

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-68111059/nighthawk-wants-rule-air

That's about as good as I can do when it comes to finding evidence of some prior radio existence.

From that December 17, 2000 article:

"Could that really be just a coincidence?"

OMFG.  ::)

Gay

Noory, aka The Nighthawk, has already thrown out a few topics to get the discussion sparked: a former gang member on death row who was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize; the presidential election stalemate; and RU-486, the controversial abortion pill.

"RU-486?" Noory asks. "Think about that name. Could that really be just a coincidence? Are you for 86? To 86 something means to get rid of it. So in a way, the makers of this drug are playing with words. Is this just a slap in the face of those who disagree with them? What do you think?"

"Where in the Bible does it say that it's OK to be a homosexual?" asks one caller rhetorically. Noory and Morton exchange a sly glance.

"Howard, hand me that Bible, will you," Noory says with a straight face. As the caller rambles on, Noory implores his producer to "look …

Wow, that article makes it sounds like George actually had a decent sense of humor at one point.  What happened? Plus, he apparently built his show around talking about the topics he's said are verboten on Coast: Gays, Abortion, and the Death Penalty!

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

I swear Snorge always states that he was in the Navy for 9 years but according to both his Wiki page and his bio on the C2C site, he was actually in the Navy Reserve for 9 years, which is something quite different, I think. I believe being a reservist is a part-time gig, serving one weekend a month and two weeks a year. And reservists are offered direct commissions, not presidential commissions as he apparently claimed.

I hate to split hairs about this, especially since I'm no expert on the matter, but I find it annoying that Snorge would, er,...."accidentally" make it seem that he was something more than what he was. No offense to reservists! Serving in the military in any capacity is something deserving of respect and gratitude -- even for Snorge! It's just that I hate when Snorge appears to be publicly stroking his...ego. (What did you think I was going to say he was publicly stroking? Perverts!)

In any case, I suspect the skill that earned him a commission offer was his ability to serve as a human paperweight. 

ziznak

tonight will be my first listen in like a week.  I've pre-novocained my ears in anticipation.

mombird3

We microwaved some frozen Chinese Fried Rice yesterday. The box said to wait one minute to cool. George does not read the clearly marked directions on the box. So it is his own fault for popping a burning hot,  lava like, pizza roll. I hope it taught him a lesson.

No lawyer will take on that case,the directions were on the box.

Laurakinch

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 01, 2013, 06:25:30 AM
It was just awful. Complete incompetence.

Here's a great Borgus creation from 2007 I've heard on one of the Art Bell streams a few times & always cracks me up. His impression of simple george is dead on.

http://borgus.com/mp3/borgus-noory.mp3

jinwicked

Quote from: Laurakinch on January 03, 2013, 12:40:15 AM
Here's a great Borgus creation from 2007 I've heard on one of the Art Bell streams a few times & always cracks me up. His impression of simple george is dead on.

This is amazing.

Maxwell

Quote from: Laurakinch on January 03, 2013, 12:40:15 AM

"Very intrashting."