• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

CrabbyOld Bat

Has anyone noticed that Snorge's Wikipedia page has been reduced to almost nothing compared to what it was a few months ago? I wonder why? It could just be that whoever previously authored the page took it down then he or she or someone altogether different wrote a much more condensed version. Just curious.

Anyway, despite the fact that we all know Wikipedia contains nothing but 100% accurate and true info ( ::) ), I wonder if anyone can verify exactly in which branch of the service Snorge served. From what I recall, he's always said he was in the Navy. But the info on his Wikipedia page states he served in the Naval Reserve which is quite different, I think. Again, just curious.

The real point: I did a few searches on the CoastGab site trying to find out some general background info on Snorge but couldn't find any one topic or post that contained a nice summary of his work history.  Can anyone recommend where I might find a detailed, factual account of his radio/TV experience prior to C2C*? Thanks in advance!  8)   

P.S. Last night Snorge mentioned that he helped raise his first grandchild because his daughter was a single parent. Poor kid.

* Beyond those references cited on the Wikipedia page

awguy

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 01, 2013, 06:35:25 PM
I used to really enjoy the predictions shows.

Not any more.

Both parts of the 2013 Predictions shows were terrible but Snorge's half was twice as bad as Ian's -- and that's really saying something.  I won't listen to another predictions show unless Knapp, Simone, Art himself  or someone new and sane hosts it. No way will I listen to another one of those shows hosted by Ian, Snorge or, God forbid, John Be Unwell.

I Agree. Last night's Noory prediction show was abominable. Last night was my first time listening in about 9 months and wow... it was bad.

The New Years prediction show should be the easiest one of the year to do. No show prep, no interviews... just open the phones and let em roll in. And even Noory managed to mess it up... unbelievable!

astroguy

Not that George was good with it, but I gotta say that Ian started the downfall of the NYE prediction shows.  He stopped doing the 1/caller.  He stopped doing the no assassinations.  He seems to want to analyze the stuff and ask for much more information rather than just taking it down.  He doesn't refuse to take them down when the caller didn't "reach into the core of their psychic being" to make the prediction.

I normally like Ian, much more than most other hosts, but he was the one who started to screw up the predictions shows.

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 01, 2013, 07:41:06 PM
Has anyone noticed that Snorge's Wikipedia page has been reduced to almost nothing compared to what it was a few months ago? I wonder why?...

As time goes by, George's lifetime acomplishments amount to less and less.

Quote from: astroguy on January 01, 2013, 07:55:11 PM
Not that George was good with it, but I gotta say that Ian started the downfall of the NYE prediction shows....

No one other than Art has done Ghost to Ghost or the Predictions shows well.  Ian just is not into the paranormal at all - he's at his best doing some offbeat but interesting book, and George is, well, George.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 01, 2013, 08:29:04 PM

As time goes by, George's lifetime acomplishments amount to less and less.

Word!  ;)

MikeJ

Thanks to the Fine Art stream, I haven't listened to a Noory show in about 2 months  I am not planning to renew my streamlink subscription when it expires in another month.  After having begun listening to Art's shows again, I just can't go back to Noory.

mombird3

I did not bother to listen Sunday night or Monday night. The show is really getting worse. After 5 years of listening to 2012 Predictions I have decided that it is stale and boring.

When stations start dumping the show I hope they get rid of Noory. Ian has become somewhat less interesting at this time. I used to enjoy his shows. He seems to be not too welcoming to callers.

Knapp does not strike me as a predictions show host. I might be wrong about that.

I remember Art Bell selling his books. But I do not remember his making appearances.

scifinj

Quote from: b_dubb on January 01, 2013, 09:14:02 AM
My New Year's Resolution: no more Coast/Norry.  My prediction: Coast will be cancelled. Maybe PremRad will wise up and fire Nory and then replace him with Rob Simone

Simone is lame in his own way.

Morgus

I noticed something common with some of the New Years caller predictions last night, some callers make the same prediction every year for several years in a row and it still hasn't come true.
Same with some of tonight's 'experts' like Gerald Celante...
Noory keeps responding to many of the guest's comments with "thats very possible, indeed" ;)

Maxwell

I like Gerald Celente.  He always sounds like he's this close to launching a thermonuclear profanity bomb that would shock George into a coma.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2013, 12:53:53 AM
... some callers make the same prediction every year for several years in a row and it still hasn't come true.
Same with some of tonight's 'experts' like Gerald Celante...

Celente is wrong about nearly everything, unless he states the obvious. Earlier in his career he guessed...I mean, 'predicted' a few things that came to pass and he milked those to the max which got him some publicity. But now he's a broken record, desperately hoping if he keeps repeating things he'll eventually hit on one. Of course if he does, he'll flaunt that one hit but still never acknowledge the 999 misses he had in the meantime.

He's no more accurate than the phony-baloney vague psychics or the annoying Numbers Lady. But since he's a doom-and-gloom, the-end-is-near type guest, Sicko Snorge loves him.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Maxwell on January 02, 2013, 01:14:30 AM
I like Gerald Celente.  He always sounds like he's this close to launching a thermonuclear profanity bomb that would shock George into a coma.

;D ;D ;D

Sardondi

Quote from: astroguy on January 02, 2013, 01:29:49 AM
I s'pose it's worth link-bombing this thread one more time -- 70 pages of 23 "psychics" plus Coast audience (and Coast "psychics" predictions for 2012, recorded, and scored, and analyzed.  They sucked.  I predict they'll suck again this year.

And I predict both they and George will pretend their predictions were "hits".

I'm sorry, that's not really a fair "prediction", since it's about as dicey as the sun coming up in the west....

Morgus

Noory repeated tonight his own 2013 prediction he made last night (again violating Art's old rules, where the show was only caller predictions)
Noory predicts a big solar X flare will hit the earth and 'wake up' the government to pay for backing up the power grid.
But he doesn't realize after that happens if it takes out the grid, it will be too late by then...

Morgus

Noory is reminiscing a lot with this hour's guest, psychic Joseph Jacobs, who was a regular monthly guest on his old local St Louis radio show before he took over c2c ten years ago.

mombird3

You should see the Facebook, and the C2C fans  comments on tonights show. They think the same things you and I do. Some think they should stop these people from being on the show and get rid of Noory. There are a lot of them.

CrabbyOld Bat

When Snorge starts making small talk with a guest while he's supposed to be taking calls, I suspect there are no calls to take or at least none that his screener will let through. If that's the case, it's another sign that C2C is going down the drain. Considering Snorge claims that the show has 3 million listeners the phone lines should always be jammed even with a lousy guest.

Insanity

Quote from: Morgus on January 02, 2013, 01:44:55 AM
Noory repeated tonight his own 2013 prediction he made last night (again violating Art's old rules, where the show was only caller predictions)
Noory predicts a big solar X flare will hit the earth and 'wake up' the government to pay for backing up the power grid.
But he doesn't realize after that happens if it takes out the grid, it will be too late by then...

Yes, but if the grid goes down. George wont be able to broadcast any more!
Come on CME! Smite thye holy golden turd!

Or mabey George has spent a fortune on a secret emergency back up studio/transmitter and has grandiose visions of uniteing the people of a ruined world under his banner after all others have colapsed and only bands of roveing lunatics hunt down the precious Juice..........

Morgus

Quote from: Lilly on January 02, 2013, 02:32:44 AM
And how bout the disgusting begging or is it a demand for subscribers but wait didn't Art always do that too for the c2c newsletter?  What was that called?  It was snail mail right?
yeah but that was Art's way of providing stuff for listener's who didn't have the internet back in the 90s.
Art's webpage always was free and before the network took over he even provided free streaming of his past shows, unlike streamlink that charges you for that.

WOTR

While driving home last night I heard a few predictions and have to say the show sucked from what I heard.  I think what most struck me was that none were predictions (that I heard) based on outright psychic reasons, but rather were based on probability.  When asked why an earthquake would occur the caller cited a fault line near the area.  Nearly every call that I heard was based on some preexisting condition.  Last night (or was it the night before... it is all a blur) the caller predicted petitions for states to leave the union.  When pressed why he basically said that there are already a bunch circulating.  Wow!  What a prediction for the past. :o

Yet nobody challenges these callers.  I recall the Bell days when he would ask that it be based on a feeling- on some unexplained reason rather than basing the prediction on what is already known (existing fault lines, circulating petitions etc...)  What a waste of time.

WOTR

I posted and decided that I should turn it on for a moment tonight.  Noory asks just how he found the psychic and the story is told.  After that we get a vomit inducing session where Joseph (the psychic) tells Noory that while Coast was a successful show prior to him taking it over that it could not make it to its true potential.  He tells Noory that it is thanks to his management style and brains that Coast can now live to its true potential and be a real success (read between the lines and you get that it is a good thing that the brilliant Noory could rescue Coast from the bumbling twit Art Bell.)

Unreal... Do I even have to state that the radio is once again silent tonight?

Quote from: WOTR on January 02, 2013, 03:53:36 AM
I posted and decided that I should turn it on for a moment tonight.  Noory asks just how he found the psychic and the story is told.  After that we get a vomit inducing session where Joseph (the psychic) tells Noory that while Coast was a successful show prior to him taking it over that it could not make it to its true potential.  He tells Noory that it is thanks to his management style and brains that Coast can now live to its true potential and be a real success (read between the lines and you get that it is a good thing that the brilliant Noory could rescue Coast from the bumbling twit Art Bell.)

Unreal... Do I even have to state that the radio is once again silent tonight?

Based on this, I'm guessing Joseph the Psychic was one of George's buddies in Saint Lou and runs at about the same mental speed as George.  I'm interested in George's old show in St Louis, where he played the 'Night Hawk'.   Mostly because I can find no evidence it ever existed.

I wonder why Joe has not been on the show before (perhaps he has), but what I really wonder if good ol' Joe was one of the investors in George's restaurant, or his horse farm, or one of his other ventures, or if he's ever loaned George money, or sued him in court.   Is Joe one of the friends in StL George is always going on about?  Perhaps Joe is one of the people George claims urge him to run for President?  What is Tommy's reaction when Joe is around?

valdez

Quote from: astroguy on January 02, 2013, 01:29:49 AM
They sucked.

Chris Conrad, cannabis expert. I suppose I was once a cannabis expert myself. I saw mad man Gerald Celente yesterday morning on Fox. He's a snazzy dresser. I don't care what Joe Jacobs, or John Hogue (especially after his appearance on George's Gaiam thing dressed up as Nostradamus), or Linda Schurman had to say about the future because if George isn't going to call them to task for last year's predictions (thanks for the link, astro guy-nice work), then what's the point?  And isn't all this attention given to these folks a form of bizarre idolatry?  Don't we create the future?
     We learned that besides inventing the telescope, and pondering the essence of life, and playing with cap guns, George also was interested in starting a line of women's shoes back when he was young.  Fascinating.

go Chris!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 02, 2013, 04:35:38 AM
I'm interested in George's old show in St Louis, where he played the 'Night Hawk'.   Mostly because I can find no evidence it ever existed.

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-68111059/nighthawk-wants-rule-air

That's about as good as I can do when it comes to finding evidence of some prior radio existence.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Em Vee on January 02, 2013, 05:39:41 AM

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-68111059/nighthawk-wants-rule-air

That's about as good as I can do when it comes to finding evidence of some prior radio existence.

i've just contacted those people and asked them to let me have access to the full version of the article.  we'll see.

stevesh

Last night, John Hogue once again dishonored the memory of Holocaust victims (and survivors) by comparing people who disagree with his position on Climate Change to Holocaust deniers, going so far as to claim this time that there is as much irrefutable evidence for his theory of Climate Change as there is for the history of the Holocaust (!). Hard to believe that this lump of shit is still one of the most frequent C2C guests.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: stevesh on January 02, 2013, 05:53:02 AM
Last night, John Hogue once again dishonored the memory of Holocaust victims (and survivors) by comparing people who disagree with his position on Climate Change to Holocaust deniers, going so far as to claim this time that there is as much irrefutable evidence for his theory of Climate Change as there is for the history of the Holocaust (!). Hard to believe that this lump of shit is still one of the most frequent C2C guests.

a lump of shit, indeed.

MV/Liberace!

i wonder if this is a coastgab user:

[attach=1]