• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: DAE on December 31, 2012, 12:56:04 AM
Without Art Bell's prediction requirements, I predict tonight's show will be 95% political predictions.  Which, if I am correct, is what Art Bell wanted to thwart.  No?

F*ck I hate Coast to Coast AM now so much.   George, producers, and higher-ups should all be embarrassed at how poorly they have steered Art's ship.

I expected annoying poliitical predictions...but we have a ration of sports predictions as well. Not surprising when you think about it, for the overwhelming majority of talk radio is either political or sports and C2C is just another talk show at this point. Not better, possibly worse.

Ben Shockley

Totally off-topic for this thread, but y'all are busting on Punnett, so:

what about the "zany" sound drops?   

Coyle, it's not just "another talk show" but Punnett does his best specifically to make it another sappy morning drive-time show.

OOPS-- an assassination prediction as I write!!   Another departure from the past.

Immy

Yes, I'm saying it...I'm getting a big kick out of the show tonite. Love Ian's reactions, he's having some fun with callers and I LOVE the sound effects, Austin Powers, etc. Which is rather depressing since I know Jorch will screw it up tomorrow.

astroguy

Quote from: Ben Shockley on December 31, 2012, 02:54:07 AM
OOPS-- an assassination prediction as I write!!   Another departure from the past.

Yup, there was one last year, too.

Morgus

Ian is mixing it up tonight with his staff using varied sound effects and movie audio clips instead of a single "bonk" or "buzzer" for wrong predictions.
Noory will probably do something more bland tomorrow.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Lilly on December 31, 2012, 05:29:26 AM
Punnett SUCKS! 

SUCK ORDER(IMO)
1.  Noory!!!
2.  Punnet!!
3.  Wells!

2013 is gonna suck!

Incomprehensible to me that you could rate The Breather above Ian, but that's just IMO, too.

Was there just a touch of a claw from Ian in response to the caller from Canada who predicted that The Snooron would vacate the captain's chair next year? 'Oh,' said Ian, with what to me sounded like a slightly dark chuckle, 'That's not going to happen, trust me.' and backed up his certainty by pulling out the buzzer a year in advance.

ziznak

looks like we'll be served an almost nightly dose of Snoorino's for years to come... oye

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 31, 2012, 07:22:51 AM
Incomprehensible to me that you could rate The Breather above Ian, but that's just IMO, too.

Was there just a touch of a claw from Ian in response to the caller from Canada who predicted that The Snooron would vacate the captain's chair next year? 'Oh,' said Ian, with what to me sounded like a slightly dark chuckle, 'That's not going to happen, trust me.' and backed up his certainty by pulling out the buzzer a year in advance.

'The Breather', lmao. I wish I had heard that one so I could interpret his response whichever way pleases me the most...I think my favorite prediction was a sex scandal involving President Obama and another man. Ian sort of shrugged it off if I remember right.

Quote from: ziznak on December 31, 2012, 07:28:00 AM
looks like we'll be served an almost nightly dose of Snoorino's for years to come... oye

OOOh man those look good. Except the Captain's face is probably sprayed on with chinese lead-based paint since Jorch and Tommy care more about saving a dime than delivering a quality product...

Morgus

Quote from: thefamilyghost on December 31, 2012, 01:02:37 PMI think my favorite prediction was a sex scandal involving President Obama and another man. Ian sort of shrugged it off if I remember right.
If a caller made a prediction like that with Noory tonight, Noory would probably use his delay button and dump the caller.
Watch for things like that tonight...

Sardondi

Quote from: thefamilyghost on December 31, 2012, 01:02:37 PM
...I think my favorite prediction was a sex scandal involving President Obama and another man. Ian sort of shrugged it off if I remember right.
Quote from: Morgus on December 31, 2012, 03:21:26 PM
If a caller made a prediction like that with Noory tonight, Noory would probably use his delay button and dump the caller.
Watch for things like that tonight...

And because it wouldn't be in keeping with the "dignity" of a Noory show. The mind boggles, reason teeters.

ziznak

I had Ian on for about 20 minutes last night but for some reason, and maybe I just haven't noticed this before, he's a dickhead to callers.  I guess I haven't really heard him take that many calls in a row and have to interact with people about random shit.  Anyways, yeah I found it grating and turned the shit off.

scifinj

I don't mind Ian. At least he asks intelligent questions sometimes. But I didn't even bother to listen last night.

RJ

Noory's interview style is predictable enough.  A man with no sense of fun or curiosity doing predictions is way too monotonous and boring!   Another night that my internet radio will be off.  If we post on here how much we don't listen to Coast to Coast, just maybe clear channel will realize how much market share they are loosing to Ground Zero and Red Eye Radio and replace George at the helm.  My local station stopped broadcasting Coat to Coast a while back.  For years C to C did nothing but expand, now days not so much.  Coast to Toast!

McPhallus

He was a bit douchy to callers, but I actually found his sense of humor refreshing.  The prediction shows tend to bore the fuck out of me, even with Art, but at least Ian knows it's all a goof.

Quote from: ziznak on December 31, 2012, 04:34:42 PM
I had Ian on for about 20 minutes last night but for some reason, and maybe I just haven't noticed this before, he's a dickhead to callers.  I guess I haven't really heard him take that many calls in a row and have to interact with people about random shit.  Anyways, yeah I found it grating and turned the shit off.

McPhallus

Quote from: DAE on December 31, 2012, 12:56:04 AM
F*ck I hate Coast to Coast AM now so much.   George, producers, and higher-ups should all be embarrassed at how poorly they have steered Art's ship.

Sort of like the Titanic, if it were piloted by a lazy captain too apathetic to realize he's ramming little icebergs left and right.  Meanwhile, the hull of the ship is springing all sorts of leaks.

Sardondi

The descriptions of Ian's attitude last night read like that of a guy who didn't give a rat's ass. Like he simply didn't care because they couldn't do anything to him. He could let his contempt for the inane predictions show run free. Yes, he was always pretty much a d-bag to callers, and all too often intent on showing how whip smart he thought he was rather than in midwifing a seamless and insightful show. But I'm not sure I buy the tinnitus/disability thing, and think it entirely likely he was permitted to use that as a pretext. I think he was pushed. Call it,"The Defenestration of the Prod".

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on December 31, 2012, 10:16:54 PM
The descriptions of Ian's attitude last night read like that of a guy who didn't give a rat's ass. Like he simply didn't care because they couldn't do anything to him. He could let his contempt for the inane predictions show run free. Yes, he was always pretty much a d-bag to callers, and all too often intent on showing how whip smart he thought he was rather than in midwifing a seamless and insightful show. But I'm not sure I buy the tinnitus/disability thing, and think it entirely likely he was permitted to use that as a pretext. I think he was pushed. Call it,"The Defenestration of the Prod".
Ian said on last night's show that he'd be back hosting Coast on the second Sunday in January, 2013. I thought he'd retired from all radio, but I guess not.

Morgus

Quote from: ChewMouse on December 31, 2012, 10:27:14 PM
Ian said on last night's show that he'd be back hosting Coast on the second Sunday in January, 2013. I thought he'd retired from all radio, but I guess not.
No, Ian only retired from his daily morning show.
He had reduced his c2c hosting to one Sunday a month plus some special days like last night already.

Morgus

Noory as expected is already ruining another c2c tradition.
The annual Halloween and New Year's Eve shows are supposed to be all callers, no guests.
But just like he did on Halloween adding guests, he is doing that tonight also with a guest on the internet for the first hour.
That reduces the time for caller predictions to the lowest it has ever been...

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2013, 12:19:23 AM
Noory as expected is already ruining another c2c tradition.
The annual Halloween and New Year's Eve shows are supposed to be all callers, no guests.
But just like he did on Halloween adding guests, he is doing that tonight also with a guest on the internet for the first hour.
That reduces the time for caller predictions to the lowest it has ever been...

RATS! Leave it to Snorge to ruin one of the few shows I actually look forward to hearing...even if I'm usually disappointed by the lack of creativity from callers. 

I think I'll fast-blast a complaint.   >:(

Maxwell

Noory's response to a caller's prediction:  "That one will either be right or wrong.  We'll have to see." 

Morgus

Noory is letting callers ramble on instead of requiring specific predictions too.
One caller even wanted to read bible verses.
Noory has ruined yet another c2c classic tradition... :o

It's surprising how good George is at saying nothing, and stretching that right out. Wow.

I haven't listened to the show in a long time, and it's gotten worse.

popple

Some woman called in with the prediction that Jorch would fall deeply in love this year. He said his love is c2c.....

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: popple on January 01, 2013, 01:56:47 AM
He said his love is c2c.....
Jeez. Imagine how awful he treats something he hates?

CrabbyOld Bat

Good grief. Snorge plays "Eve of Destruction" to welcome in the new year.

What's wrong with that fool? It's sick the way he loves bad news, sad stories, horrific tragedies and doomsday scenarios.

A woman called in claiming there will be a painting sold for five billion dollars, with a 22k solid gold frame.

George said the painting and frame must weigh a fortune in weight.

I wish I made that up.

armyvet8896

I feel sorry for penny.  That was fucking sad. I feel like a big .pussy now cause I almost teared up when she said she had nobody so she called just so someone would tell her happy birthday