• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

School shooting Miami area 20180214

Started by Juan, February 14, 2018, 03:53:26 PM

Quote from: Up All Night on February 25, 2018, 01:24:35 AM
No grace under pressure...

synchronicity?

The Shakiest Gun in the West... i just finished watching it on ewetoob about an hour ago.  8)

Gd5150

Reminds me of that scene in Private Ryan with Upham.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 25, 2018, 02:50:55 AM
Reminds me of that scene in Private Ryan with Upham.

Ah, yes! The pacifist who watches the German kill a Jew. Could they be anymore obvious?!  ;D

Dr. MD MD

I think the real reason the deputies didn't go into the school during the shooting isn't because they were afraid of Cruz but because they knew that there were 2 other professional marksmen in there and that would've certainly decreased their odds of getting out of there alive. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDR-EMSLM8c

pyewacket

This seems to be a pattern of thinking on the left. Even Tapper wasn't buying it.

Broward County Sheriff: I’ve Given ‘Amazing Leadership’ to Department

http://freebeacon.com/politics/broward-county-sheriff-i-provided-amazing-leadership-to-department/

vipjon

Quote from: ItsOver on February 24, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
Nice little haul, including Barrett .50s.

Good thing the strict gun laws of Mexico stopped them from getting these weapons.  Whoops!

Thank god for our immigration laws to...oh wait i forgot we still arnt enforcing them! 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on February 24, 2018, 07:16:26 PM
There was at least one bill I recall, and I think it had passed the House.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22concealed+carry+reciprocity+act%22%5D%7D
I thought I heard on the news that the Bill was going to pass both houses and be sent to the President but then a shooting "happened" and so it got pushed back?

I think there was even talk of Trump getting this done with an EO at one point.

I heard (read?) some pundit opine that neither side of the gun debate really wanted to push the national reciprocity issue for fear it would wind up in federal/Supreme court.  His take was states would file suit against the Feds if national reciprocity was enacted, and the resulting ruling would set a precedent those on the losing side didn't want to see established.  A variation on the "If you can't stand the answer, don't ask the question" theme, I suppose

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 25, 2018, 10:22:21 AM
I think there was even talk of Trump getting this done with an EO at one point.

I heard (read?) some pundit opine that neither side of the gun debate really wanted to push the national reciprocity issue for fear it would wind up in federal/Supreme court.  His take was states would file suit against the Feds if national reciprocity was enacted, and the resulting ruling would set a precedent those on the losing side didn't want to see established.  A variation on the "If you can't stand the answer, don't ask the question" theme, I suppose
It could be the case. There is an argument, I guess, for it being up to the States. I know several States have mutually reciprocal agreements in regards to things like Concealed Carry.

Cruz, HIMSELF, called authorities on HIMSELF. In addition to all the other people reporting on his actions, behavior, stockpile of weapons, violence at school and at home, his cutting, strange internet postings, animal mutilation, his posted desire to "become a professional school shooter,' etc. But the FBI, local PD, schools, friends, social services, etc did nothing. And FLA has the "Baker Act" that seems, in hindsight at least MADE, for this scenario. But not used. There also is a lot of weirdness of officers refusing to engage while listening to children being shot and killed and some odd funding issues and things at the Sheriff's department and school system, that might have encourage them to "look the other way" instead of arresting or evaluating Cruz for criminal/mental behavior prior to his shooting. Israel and the lot should be fired at minimum, or at least not reelected (assuming in FLA it is an elected position.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/fbi-tip-nikolas-cruz.html

"Mr. Cruz, 19, himself called the authorities just after Thanksgiving, describing how he had been in a fight and was struggling with the death of his mother. “The thing is I lost my mother a couple of weeks ago, so like I am dealing with a bunch of things right now,” he said in a childlike voice, sounding agitated and out of breath."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2018, 10:34:38 AM
It could be the case. There is an argument, I guess, for it being up to the States. I know several States have mutually reciprocal agreements in regards to things like Concealed Carry.

https://www.amazon.com/Travelers-Guide-Firearm-Fifty-States/dp/B078VWBP4K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519577547&sr=1-1&keywords=2018+traveler%27s+guide+to+the+firearm+laws+of+the+fifty+states

This is the best one stop source I found to define states' reciprocity agreements, and gun laws in general.  I buy one every year, but still call either the AG office or state police in a state for any changes before I travel to/through it because laws can (and have) change on short notice.  Wasn't too long ago Virginia revoked their concealed carry reciprocity agreements with twenty-some states.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 25, 2018, 11:06:44 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Travelers-Guide-Firearm-Fifty-States/dp/B078VWBP4K/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519577547&sr=1-1&keywords=2018+traveler%27s+guide+to+the+firearm+laws+of+the+fifty+states

This is the best one stop source I found to define states' reciprocity agreements, and gun laws in general.  I buy one every year, but still call either the AG office or state police in a state for any changes before I travel to/through it because laws can (and have) change on short notice.  Wasn't too long ago Virginia revoked their concealed carry reciprocity agreements with twenty-some states.
Yes, good to be aware of the rules and I imagine there are some reputable online sources with totally up to date information but a call to the source might be better. You can find the laws but you need to hire a lawyer sometimes to read them and figure out what they really mean!

Things can change quickly as laws are "interpreted" by Courts and when the Leg is in session. I recall a few years there was an odd thing in Texas about having a gun in your car- it was legal "traveling" but not saying driving to your office from your house. Opinions of 'traveling' meant between Counties, moving, do you have luggage, etc. Later Legislation clarified and now legal for both handgun and longgun and the "travel" deal deleted.

Dr. MD MD

There is an idea of a David Hogg; some kind of abstraction.
But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory.
And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my
hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even
sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 25, 2018, 06:58:41 PM

=======================================

There is an idea of a David Hogg; some kind of abstraction.
But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory.
And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my
hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even
sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
=======================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
risking am i pile-on hate-fest by reactionary neo-fascisti am i.
Deja vue all over again..
QUOTE:"Let one happen,stop the rest"??
James Holmes=drugged Patsey.
Deja vu=Gladio II /Falsie?
Can you say Agents Provocateur/Mentor/Coach,boys & Girls?
Any fascist out there looked at the "Selfie"of all the "Witnesses"/crisis actors,yet?
Cue:CRICKETS...
"B_B"
PS:No Logo:
"][ 7VF ]["
PS:Where's Errol Flynn?

TigerLily

B_B. Not sure if there will be a big pile-on. This missive was beyond my ken. I may not always understand you but I am always pleased to see you

=Schlyder=

LOL she drops a 2nd shooter story and they just ignore it.  Fucking cunts

Gd5150

So the FBI screwed the pooch.
The sheriff screwed the pooch.
- now the sheriff says he showed great “leadership”.

Wow guess it’s time for a concert for heroism. Call “philanthropist” Bon Jovi.

But wait, NRA! Trump Orange! Russian Tweeter bots!

Time to arm up.

paladin1991

Quote from: Up All Night on February 25, 2018, 12:57:26 AM
But he won't likely have the courage to put on the uniform he's disgraced.

Even money he goes to a cheap motel and does himself.

Dr. MD MD

Speaking about Sheriff Israel of Coward County Bret Baer just mistakenly said he's faking when he meant to say facing. Freudian slip much? :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on February 26, 2018, 12:35:44 PM
Even money he goes to a cheap motel and does himself.

The Arkancide list is already so big. If he does it with two to the back of the head we'll know it was Hillary. They should really lock her up now though to prevent her from arranging anymore killings.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 26, 2018, 12:33:41 PM
So the FBI screwed the pooch.
The sheriff screwed the pooch.
- now the sheriff says he showed great “leadership”.

Wow guess it’s time for a concert for heroism. Call “philanthropist” Bon Jovi.

But wait, NRA! Trump Orange! Russian Tweeter bots!

Time to arm up.

He said he thought he was doing "an amazing job." Yeah, amazing at getting kids killed and ignoring all their crimes for the last few years in order to secure more funding. What did they use that money for?! Bullets for the killers?! ::)