• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 04, 2018, 01:47:58 PM
Wouldn't be hilarious if the whole Bannon/Trump feud is a way to generate book sales for the "controversial" book? Here is the conspiracy: nothing makes a book sell like controversy, especially when the Clinton's media are chomping at the bit for anything anti-Trump, the book sales go up, Bannon and author make money, Hillary's press focuses on the claims, while doing so Trump and Congress focus on other issues and get people appointed, regs eliminated/changed, and some laws through, and if the claims are proven false (or unproveable) or even true, what was accomplished by the media? Bannon/Author made money, media took focus off what really was going on in DC, and Trump being a showman gets coverage and the more outlandish claims and media reports might even make the FBI investigation look even worse.

Hmmm, they haven't so far. Why will that change? And I think you're intelligent to appreciate that even if only 20-30% of what Bannon is directly quoted as saying (And remember, it isn't just Bannon who is quoted) is the absolute truth, nothing in the book should be considered 'News'. Most thinking people are not in the least bit surprised at the anecdotes about Trumps inability to concentrate, take notice of, or even be curious of anything that isn't him.

He's a demented elderly man. Many many psychiatrists have observed his behaviour, read his tweets and come to the conclusion he's simply mentally unfit to be in office. My grandmother, and both my mother's sisters had altzeimers in their last years, and all of them presented in their early days like Trump is now. Remember, Trump's father had altzeimers. Its a cruel horrible disease.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:01:11 PM
Many many psychiatrists have observed...

Right there! A pseudo-science. A "religion." Totally baseless in any scientifically accepted discipline. The left relies upon it, and yet no sane person even considers it valid.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 04, 2018, 12:37:41 PM
The Trump MAGA Train steaming along like a blow torch.

Stock market 25,000!
That's called a 'bubble'. If you want to give him credit for it then you can blame him when it bursts.

Economic growth approaching a 30 year high!
Following a global trend, and simply tracking the curve under his predecessor.

80% of Americans getting a tax cut!
Until they have to start paying for them in a few years.

Corporate tax cuts to create millions of jobs!
Thank you, Dr Goebbels.

Obamacare dismantled!
Still there. Trump was fibbing to you again.

Zero evidence of collusion!
Getting desperate now. Wait until the investigation finishes.

Mueller witch hunt collapsing!
Bluster.

Al Franken resigning as a public disgrace!
Yeah, someone admitting to something and accepting the consequences. Where's that pillory?

The democrat alternative platform:
Trump is orange.
He's going to get even oranger behind bars.

Embarrassing fanboy stuff aside, you have great trouble with the whole 'correlation not equalling causation' thing. You probably give Trump credit for airline safety too.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on January 04, 2018, 02:04:18 PM
Right there! A pseudo-science. A "religion." Totally baseless in any scientifically accepted discipline. The left relies upon it, and yet no sane person even considers it valid.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:06:29 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Psychiatrists are Witch Doctors at best.  Their place in the court room is going the way of the Lie Detector Test. It's just not a real discipline.  What they do does not meet the Scientific Methods' standards.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on January 04, 2018, 02:08:18 PM
Psychiatrists are Witch Doctors at best.  Their place in the court room is going the way of the Lie Detector Test. It's just not a real discipline.  What they do does not meet the Scientific Methods' standards.

You'll find you're wrong...I know I know...No-one has broken it to you before.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:10:39 PM
You'll find you're wrong...I know I know...No-one has broken it to you before.

You'll find that you live in an episode of Cheers!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on January 04, 2018, 02:12:35 PM
You'll find that you live in an episode of Cheers!

Ron has signed my t shirt... Just now.

Swishypants

Even the FBI is changing the name of their "Profilers" to "People who partied a lot in college, and now can no longer drink or do drugs, and are out for revenge!"

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:01:11 PM
Hmmm, they haven't so far. Why will that change? And I think you're intelligent to appreciate that even if only 20-30% of what Bannon is directly quoted as saying (And remember, it isn't just Bannon who is quoted) is the absolute truth, nothing in the book should be considered 'News'. Most thinking people are not in the least bit surprised at the anecdotes about Trumps inability to concentrate, take notice of, or even be curious of anything that isn't him.

He's a demented elderly man. Many many psychiatrists have observed his behaviour, read his tweets and come to the conclusion he's simply mentally unfit to be in office. My grandmother, and both my mother's sisters had altzeimers in their last years, and all of them presented in their early days like Trump is now. Remember, Trump's father had altzeimers. Its a cruel horrible disease.
Even Amazon news had to report on it. I know you don't read much but it is an interesting article. (The perspective of Amazon's reporting is negative because they don't like that civil servants aren't being hired, having to their performance checked, regulations cut, budgets cut, grants and contracts not going out as quickly or in such $ amounts, cutting Obama programs, etc.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trump-is-really-changing-things/2017/11/25/a5dbc1b2-d1f4-11e7-a87b-47f14b73162a_story.html?utm_term=.29ecc0f8bfef
Here you can track what is going on in DC:
https://www.federalregister.gov/

ps: yeah Dementia and Alzheimers are bad stuff. Though in some ways harder on the family/spouse, especially towards the end than the patient who is "out of it."  That and cancers we need to cure. I know you don't like to read but this article is very interesting in that regard:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/11/the-dutch-village-where-everyone-has-dementia/382195/
A novel approach and very interesting. I haven't seen much follow-up on it in terms of efficacy but certainly seems better than sticking them in some room in front of a tv.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:13:52 PM
Ron has signed my t shirt... Just now.

Took a blast to the chest huh? We told him he could mark you with his musk for tracking purposes.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 04, 2018, 02:05:34 PM
Embarrassing fanboy stuff aside, you have great trouble with the whole 'correlation not equalling causation' thing. You probably give Trump credit for airline safety too.

You aren’t really going to give Franken credit for an apology...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 04, 2018, 02:16:04 PM
Even Amazon news had to report on it. I know you don't read much but it is an interesting article. (The perspective of Amazon's reporting is negative because they don't like that civil servants aren't being hired, having to their performance checked, regulations cut, budgets cut, grants and contracts not going out as quickly or in such $ amounts, cutting Obama programs, etc.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trump-is-really-changing-things/2017/11/25/a5dbc1b2-d1f4-11e7-a87b-47f14b73162a_story.html?utm_term=.29ecc0f8bfef
Here you can track what is going on in DC:
https://www.federalregister.gov/

ps: yeah Dementia and Alzheimers are bad stuff. Though in some ways harder on the family/spouse, especially towards the end than the patient who is "out of it."  That and cancers we need to cure. I know you don't like to read but this article is very interesting in that regard:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/11/the-dutch-village-where-everyone-has-dementia/382195/
A novel approach and very interesting. I haven't seen much follow-up on it in terms of efficacy but certainly seems better than sticking them in some room in front of a tv.

I've seen dementia first hand thanks. Its true that the entire family carry the burden, the victim simply has no concept towards the end what is going on. I hope the upcoming medical that Trump is having will include a mental assessment too, but more importantly, the results are made public.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:27:05 PM
I've seen dementia first hand thanks. Its true that the entire family carry the burden, the victim simply has no concept towards the end what is going on.

You sick mutherfucker! Sneaking into old-folks homes to suck dicks is not "research" PUD!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 04, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

If not credit, at least his acceptance that he fucked up and took the fall should be noted. More than can be said for such as Weinstein, Trump, Moore, and the other power tripping sex pests (irrespective of their politics).

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 04, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

I don't know about credit, I think he ought to have allowed an investigation and stayed put till then, but he was pressured by colleagues. They were such pissant infractions but he got caught up in the moment. At least he admitted to be in the wrong, which deserves to be acknowledged. Trump would deny it all, say the photo was faked etc.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on January 04, 2018, 02:29:04 PM
You sick mutherfucker! Sneaking into old-folks homes to suck dicks is not "research" PUD!

Well, no. Not at first..  :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:30:17 PM

If not credit, at least his acceptance that he fucked up and took the fall should be noted. More than can be said for such as Weinstein, Trump, Moore, and the other power tripping sex pests (irrespective of their politics).

You say that now, knowing full well your wife cannot be compelled to testify against you in the US. Besides, I was talking to the other Limey.

Swishypants

Is Laura Portuguese ancestry perchance? I have a theory...

https://youtu.be/Ckom3gf57Yw

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 04, 2018, 02:30:43 PM
I don't know about credit, I think he ought to have allowed an investigation and stayed put till then, but he was pressured by colleagues. They were such pissant infractions but he got caught up in the moment. At least he admitted to be in the wrong, which deserves to be acknowledged. Trump would deny it all, say the photo was faked etc.

He did not admit to being wrong. He said he was sorry if anyone felt offended but that the incidents either did not happen or he remembered them very differently.

That being said, someone must have had some deal dirt on him. Usually a Democrat won’t resign until all criminal appeals have been exhausted and the cell door locks.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 04, 2018, 02:32:24 PM
You say that now, knowing full well your wife cannot be compelled to testify against you in the US. Besides, I was talking to the other Limey.

She can't be compelled, no. But she wouldn't need to; She'd do it freely.  ;D

The other Limey is still one of my bloods, even if hes a southerner who drinks flat beer.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:37:22 PM
She can't be compelled, no.

When we cut her a deal to turn states evidence she fucking will! She doesn't want to go to jail as an accessory.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 04, 2018, 02:35:21 PM
He did not admit to being wrong. He said he was sorry if anyone felt offended but that the incidents either did not happen or he remembered them very differently.

That being said, someone must have had some deal dirt on him. Usually a Democrat won’t resign until all criminal appeals have been exhausted and the cell door locks.

He was pressured to go by the rest of the dems, the reason was simple. Roy Moore. They couldn't bang on (rightly) about Roy Moore, the upstanding, bible thumping, sanctimonious, racist, bigoted, misogynistic ass wipe, and keep Frankin in the senate.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:27:05 PM
I've seen dementia first hand thanks. Its true that the entire family carry the burden, the victim simply has no concept towards the end what is going on. I hope the upcoming medical that Trump is having will include a mental assessment too, but more importantly, the results are made public.
So have I, Alzheimers which includes dementia. Horrible stuff but cancer worse for patient, I think because still aware at the ending. But that is, of course, a ridiculous choice since both are so bad.What did you think of that article and that Dutch experiment? I thought it was brilliant and interesting. An almost a ci-Fi type of thing but makes sense for patients in earlier stages. Odd phenomena sometimes where things in past are recallable and the idea of being self-sufficient, active, and in a community as long as possible even though they aren't, really, and there are "under-cover" staff ensuring they are doing ok, safe, etc.

Would it suffice for Trump to draw a clock live on air? Maybe ask some questions like  "who is President?"

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:40:32 PM
He was pressured to go by the rest of the dems, the reason was simple. Roy Moore. They couldn't bang on (rightly) about Roy Moore, the upstanding, bible thumping, sanctimonious, racist, bigoted, misogynistic ass wipe, and keep Frankin in the senate.

Why do you keep butting in every time I try the foreplay thingy with SV?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on January 04, 2018, 02:40:30 PM
When we cut her a deal to turn states evidence she fucking will! She doesn't want to go to jail as an accessory.

All I ask is you buy her a new car. She's fancying a Ford Explorer. Probably in silver or black.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 04, 2018, 02:42:11 PM
Why do you keep butting in every time I try the foreplay thingy with SV?

Because I'm jealous.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2018, 02:42:17 PM
All I ask is you buy her a new car. She's fancying a Ford Explorer. Probably in silver or black.

Half-way house and a job at McDonald's is the best I can do Kiddo, but she'll find a black boyfriend to give her a pump on his handlebars.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 04, 2018, 02:35:21 PM
He did not admit to being wrong.

It would be superfluous, you're all guilty of something. That's why you wander about armed to the teeth. It's your natural inclination towards criminality. Poor Yorkie, being forced to live there, but they're very strict about bestiality here so he had to leg it.