• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: Freyja on December 19, 2015, 06:15:48 PM
Thanks for chiming in Art.

I think most of us get that what you said initially was emotional and perhaps in retrospect not as well thought out as it could have been. Totally understandable.

I am quite sure your audience, your affiliates would certainly understand this, had you come back on the air and/or made this explanation shortly after your announcement of "hanging up the mic for the last time".

I also understand that you obviously must have sunk a lot of your personal funds into the launching of MITD.

All that said, I have a couple of questions for you.

Do you still want to do MITD/a radio show 5 nights a week, current situation aside?

You say you "do not give up easily" yet for many of us it seems that you have, as later today after the quote above you posted this:

OK, so now you are going to tell us that you are willing to put up $20K to arrest and convict this alleged perp, yet you were not willing to pay out app. $100 +/- a night while hosting MITD for some security personnel to patrol your compound to keep you and your family safe until this alleged perp is apprehended ( to MV's point on last night's Gabcast) or willing to find some other solution to keep MITD going while the current situation is resolved. 

Lastly, if the answer to my first question is YES, you still want to continue with MITD, you still have a chance to make a go of it, however not without a lot of damage control....and it has to be soon....apologize for an emotionally not well thought out decision, eat a bit of crow and carry on and build the show.

If not, be honest, hang up the mic/retire and stop the teasers, the carrots and the games.

There is a way to make this right, to get out of the pickle you seem to be in now, to find a solution to your security issues you seem to have, however it depends on whether you really want to do MITD or you don't ...and it has to be NOW or it is really over IMHO.

Whatever you decide, I thank you for more than 2 decades of taking that ride with you and all the best for you and your family.

Please be honest and leave all your long term fans, your staff, counterparts/partners, affiliates with the honesty and integrity they deserve without any more games.

what an odd, passive aggressive post.

norland2424

Quote from: coaster on December 19, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

they usually are.

nika01

Yes, it is. I am shocked by the diversity of trolldom.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 05:23:51 PM
Short Update from Keith Rowland re: Art Bell
Posted on December 19, 2015 in Radio Show | 296 Views | Leave a response

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. I’ve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasn’t doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stations’ concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

â€" Keith Rowland

hmm..i notice something is missing there lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 19, 2015, 06:28:36 PM

nah hes covered still, now if its going to be live is another story lol

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Zoxo on December 19, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
I personally LOVE MITD still with Heather at the helm. I think she is doing a FANTASTIC job.  Art, I'm glad that this gave YOU an opportunity to pick someone out to fill in for you in your absence, versus a network that would hire some MORON to do such a boring job and destroy the show.  Can't wait to hear you on there once in a while!

See, here's a good place for that sarcasm emoticon I was wishing for a while back. Yes, okay, okay, I know about the letters and brackets thing, but not everybody likes to use that.

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on December 19, 2015, 06:28:36 PM

mmmm. Can you put that post in a .jpeg so i can zoom it in and fuck with the color levels? I think i see an arcology.

Value Of Pi

How is the post passive aggressive? Specifics, please.

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 06:32:10 PM
mmmm. Can you put that post in a .jpeg so i can zoom it in and fuck with the color levels? I think i see an arcology.

i'm on it!!!!

Ciardelo

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 06:30:25 PM
See, here's a good place for that sarcasm emoticon I was wishing for a while back. Yes, okay, okay, I know about the letters and brackets thing, but not everybody likes to use that.
>:(

The poster should have used one of these at the end.  :'(

Freyja

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 05:45:34 PM
Freyja, there's been lots posted that attacked Heather personally. You'd have to go back and read them but trust me, there has. There's been some particularly "active" posters who have been doing it over and over.

That's why when you say: pay, don't pay, listen, don't listen makes perfect sense. But these guys obviously like to trip peoples triggers.  :)

Thanks C. I probably didn't see most of them. I haven't read the live show threads.

I don't see any point any anyone slagging her or being cruel. She stepped/was thrown into giant shoes with no experience in broadcasting.

I have her HUGE kudos for that.

I don't listen live being on EST, however I am still a TT for a bit and have listened to her shows. I give her credit for doing a good job for a novice, however there are a plethora of podcasts in this same genre that I can listen to for free where I enjoy the host better than I enjoy listening to her.

I like her subject matter knowledge from what I have heard, however I am not fond of her tone, manner and cadence....but hey, that's just me.

I wish Heather every success, however I am not willing to fork out $ to listen to her version of MITD...even with the carrot of Art Bell showing up...maybe...sometime. Frankly I doubt if I would ever listen for free either,  unless it was a topic or guest that I was specifically interested in, as the guests all seem to recycle between so many other podcasts.

I would gladly however transfer that $5/mo to DMDN to support Keith and his network....with our without Heather on MITD.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 06:32:39 PM

I gave up trying to parse it myself. I think the term passive agressive is being used incorrectly. But I tend to end my sentences in a preposition, so what do I know.

Art Bell

Ok, I have had enough, I posted the reward myself and did not consult with the Sheriff, I don't see why I need to its my money and mostly my problem. While the sheriff's Dept has responded when called they have been painfully slow to post all the reports I have made. They do the best they can I guess. 

At this point after reading some of the awful things said about Heather and myself I have had enough, I am not coming back to Bell Gab and after a short time of letting that reward sink in I will disable my FB site as well. There is simply no way to win with people like this and I have had enough to stress and sorrow over this for this lifetime. Carry on.

Art

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 06:35:29 PM
Ok, I have had enough, I posted the reward myself and did not consult with the Sheriff, I don't see why I need to its my money and mostly my problem. While the sheriff's Dept has responded when called they have been painfully slow to post all the reports I have made. They do the best they can I guess. 

At this point after reading some of the awful things said about Heather and myself I have had enough, I am not coming back to Bell Gab and after a short time of letting that reward sink in I will disable my FB site as well. There is simply no way to win with people like this and I have had enough to stress and sorrow over this for this lifetime. Carry on.

Art
Cut off all contact from long time supporters and fans because of a few trolls. Way to go Art... ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 19, 2015, 05:58:55 PM
As Bellgab turns. You just can't make this shit up.
Great.  A new show for The History Channel.. "Art Bell's Midnight Bounty Hunters in the Desert."

"Have you heard about ArtBellsBountyHuntersDate.com?"

albrecht

Art
Be well and thanks for the great shows. Best to you and your family and don't fret about internet posters and I hope the situation of stalkers etc and your personal security are eliminated. If you come back in some form or fashion, great! Even on occasion, but if not, I understand and we still have memories (and, apparently, some archives some place.)

EarthAlien007

Art

Don't let the people here get to you, Art.
This is BellGab, remember.
There's a lot of new assholes here looking to cause problems.
Don't let them have their way.

Maybe your reward will get the sheriff off his ass.

Freyja

You obviously don't know what that term means.

I asked Art a direct question: Would he want to do MITD 5 days a week or not if the current situation was resolved.

I am hoping he will answer it truthfully.

bellNwhistle

Art
:'(

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on December 19, 2015, 06:39:33 PM

I asked Art a direct question: Would he want to do MITD 5 days a week or not if the current situation was resolved.

Nope, he just quit BellGab.

coaster

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 06:32:39 PM
the post was a novel. It was passive aggressive. I'm not going to dissect it for you. If you disagree with my opinion, just move on.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Freyja on December 19, 2015, 06:34:21 PM
Thanks C. I probably didn't see most of them. I haven't read the live show threads.

I don't see any point any anyone slagging her or being cruel. She stepped/was thrown into giant shoes with no experience in broadcasting.

I have her HUGE kudos for that.

I don't listen live being on EST, however I am still a TT for a bit and have listened to her shows. I give her credit for doing a good job for a novice, however there are a plethora of podcasts in this same genre that I can listen to for free where I enjoy the host better than I enjoy listening to her.

I like her subject matter knowledge from what I have heard, however I am not fond of her tone, manner and cadence....but hey, that's just me.

I wish Heather every success, however I am not willing to fork out $ to listen to her version of MITD...even with the carrot of Art Bell showing up...maybe...sometime. Frankly I doubt if I would ever listen for free either,  unless it was a topic or guest that I was specifically interested in, as the guests all seem to recycle between so many other podcasts.

I would gladly however transfer that $5/mo to DMDN to support Keith and his network....with our without Heather on MITD.

heh. Those are just precisely why I like her. Different strokes I guess. Don't be a stranger though. :) because i like weirdos like you too ;) Art doesn't owe us anything--this whole thing is like bateman said "it's like the captain of a 747 decided to take a break mid-flight and turn the controls over to a novice."

Don't torture yourself over it. Lots of other good podcasts out there. Check out the "alternatives to art" thread for some.

coaster

Quote from: Freyja on December 19, 2015, 06:39:33 PM

obviously I wasn't talking about the bolded part of the post. I was talking about the entire post in general. Kissing his ass while insulting him. God damn, some of you can't tell your ass from your elbow.

Art

Art, there are some nasty folks on here. I completely agree but most of us that have been with Bellgab for a while are in your corner.  We have had a surge in trolls lately but they by no means represent us.  Please don't lose faith.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2015, 06:40:32 PM
Nope, he just quit BellGab.

Given everything posted on here in the last week, I'm surprised he lasted this long. I'm gonna guess that most of the assholes on here were around before he went off the air, though.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 06:34:00 PM
>:(

The poster should have used one of these at the end.  :'(

Alright, well, better than nothing. But the challenge is still out there -- and there's more money to be made in graphic design than stalker-catching, I'm guessing.

trostol

some of you need to.....go see Star Wars..i need people to discuss it with lol

coaster

That's the thing with Art. it's nothing new. He can read a hundred positive posts and sees one negative, and flips his shit. It's exhausting. Spent decades supporting the guy, but man, talk about having to walk on eggshells. Whatever Art.

bellNwhistle

I'd rather have Art post somewhere rather than nowhere, especially if he's not on the radio.   :-\

WTF.