• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Freyja

Quote from: Catsmile on May 20, 2018, 08:44:52 PM

Answering your first question. Yes it is possible. You don't know what Art said. Nor do you know what another persons ideal of love is, especially from another culture. 

There are "girls" in the RPI who are literally "never been kissed virgins" even though they are 25. Most of those women can have a childlike naivete, due to lack of experience. They literally go from their fathers house to their husbands house, mostly virgins. A fair number of women are in their 30s and virgins, mostly educated, independent, intelligent types. Not all women there are this way, but a larger percentage than you would find in North America. In some ways the RPI is like stepping back in time over 100 years. However, feel free to keep showing your ignorance of other cultures.     

# I am being real.
# And didn't even scratch the surface.
# Things can happen/change fast in the RPI.
# When you've relationships with native Filipinos, tell us more.
# Her motives could be wide ranging.
# I don't have enough information to narrow speculation down.
# No matter her motivations she was his wife.
# If your imagined motivations of her don't meet your moral standards,
# That is your problem, not hers or others.

Just because other cultures find it acceptable to to sell their daughters off to old men just after their first menses at ages between 9 - 11, or to arrange the marriages sight unseen by these young women, does NOT mean I have to agree with them because it is a/their cultural norm.
Genital mutilation in some cultures is accepted, as is killing one's wife  or daughter for disgracing the family...doesn't make it right by any humanitarian barometer.

Love is love....acceptance and/or agreement to a contract or a living arrangement spawned by culture, benefit, opportunity,  is something else, although love could end up being a by-product of such. 

For Art to swoop in on Irene/Airyn barely 3 months after Ramona's passing and for Airyn to encourage or have possibly even instigated this smells. Yeah, sure you can meet someone on the net after loosing the alleged love of your life...after allegedly wanting to kill yourself  ...and then "fall in love" with someone who is 40 years younger than you whom you have never met in person....sure...yup.... 

mgordon

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 21, 2018, 06:38:27 AM
The more I think about it, if I were Keith and Dave I would change the name of MITD.

Mostly because who cares what the name of the show is. There is a ton of drama about nonsense. Really who cares what the name of the show is?  The Dark of Night or something.

You bring up a good point.  It's really a branding issue.   I suppose that means something if you're trying to get affiliates.   "We've got Midnight In The Desert!"  Oh yeah,  what's that?   Maybe it would have meant something if Art Bell were doing the show,  but as fate would have it, it wouldn't have been that long anyway.  Who knows who Heather Wade is?  She's a nobody.   Even now,  Good Dave wasn't a key player with Coast.   All these primarily streaming shows are living in the shadow of Coast.  No point.  It's really stupid,  although sometimes entertaining,  all this drama.   MV is clearly thinking of sticking it to Keith,  and Keith is doing the same to Heather.  He could just forget about it, but his perspective has her abandoning her post and running off with his network's premier show.   Just games with no purpose.

Exile

Quote from: spookcat on May 21, 2018, 07:01:28 AM
;D ;D

This guy really hates those meeces to pieces. 

http://cdn.funnyand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Sniper-Cat.jpeg

Edit: Just how do you add an image to the post. Help a idjit out please ::)

Exile

Re: Art Bell.

A lot of new information has came out since Art died. A lot of it fits and is believable. My question to anyone and all is, how much of this information would be acceptable as proof in Court?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Exile on May 21, 2018, 07:12:00 AM
Re: Art Bell.

A lot of new information has came out since Art died. A lot of it fits and is believable. My question to anyone and all is, how much of this information would be acceptable as proof in Court?

The deposition that was posted was intended to be used in court. But I believe that case was settled.

A lot of the other stuff dovetails or supports that.

Spookcat

Quote from: Exile on May 21, 2018, 07:07:06 AM

This guy really hates those meeces to pieces. 

http://cdn.funnyand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Sniper-Cat.jpeg

Edit: Just how do you add an image to the post. Help a idjit out please ::)

On the reply options, there's a box right under the B bolding button. Press that, then paste the image url in between the two command [img] text.

Exile

Testing....

Edit: I must be more of an idjit than I think. I swear I tried that and it didn't work.

Thanks for the help.  :)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Exile on May 21, 2018, 07:19:08 AM

Testing....

Edit: I must be more of an idjit than I think. I swear I tried that and it didn't work.

I struggled figuring it out too! In the spirit of this I give you this gif.

BobGrau

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 21, 2018, 05:42:51 AM
Would not be my choice of words but you have accurately expressed the undercurrent of many loyal fans that are now emotionally devastated by all the recent revelations.

Whoever would've thought emotional devastation could be so funny?

Spookcat

Quote from: Exile on May 21, 2018, 07:19:08 AM

Testing....

Exile

I hope Dave does a show about Nazi foo fighters. Haven't heard about that subject in a long time. Too many people impressed with all the buzzwords going around.

ZONDO!!

Shout out to my friend siXof1... 8)

Been scrolling through pages. Can't find the Marsha interview.

ponyboysunset

Here is an article with pictures and more handwriting of the actual letter Marsha had from Art. (allegedly)
http://www.worldpronews.com/78905/7955/290/dc2f6be3db45c272b4c262f009e3b77fff4f7f22

Freyja

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 21, 2018, 08:18:25 AM
Here is an article with pictures and more handwriting of the actual letter Marsha had from Art. (allegedly)
http://www.worldpronews.com/78905/7955/290/dc2f6be3db45c272b4c262f009e3b77fff4f7f22

Good link...thanks...+1

Does anyone have any other pieces of Art's handwriting for comparison?

[attachment=1]

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Freyja on May 21, 2018, 08:52:30 AM
Good link...thanks...+1

[attachment=1,msg1226652]
Head over to the Art Bell thread. There's more there. You're welcome.

Quote from: Freyja on May 21, 2018, 08:52:30 AM
Good link...thanks...+1

[attachment=1,msg1226652]

I'm curious to know why Art didn't invest in a typewriter. Too busy bonin' Asian chicks I shouldn't wonder  :o

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 21, 2018, 08:58:34 AM
I'm curious to know why Art didn't invest in a typewriter. Too busy bonin' Asian chicks I shouldn't wonder  :o

Metron2267

Quote from: Freyja on May 21, 2018, 06:55:54 AM
Just because other cultures find it acceptable to to sell their daughters off to old men just after their first menses at ages between 9 - 11, or to arrange the marriages sight unseen by these young women, does NOT mean I have to agree with them because it is a/their cultural norm.
Genital mutilation in some cultures is accepted, as is killing one's wife  or daughter for disgracing the family...doesn't make it right by any humanitarian barometer.

Cultures being the cumulative representation of some human demographic are all inherently flawed, self- serving, controlling, and corrupted - to whatever extent can be graded by some impartial resource which we all know does not exist. Like the slug traveling the razor blade we're all going to bleed out in due time.

QuoteLove is love....acceptance and/or agreement to a contract or a living arrangement spawned by culture, benefit, opportunity,  is something else, although love could end up being a by-product of such.

Iow Airyn took herself from poor circumstances to arguably better (culturally) and in the process may have found love for a very flawed man but certainly made bright new humans to love for herself...

QuoteFor Art to swoop in on Irene/Airyn barely 3 months after Ramona's passing and for Airyn to encourage or have possibly even instigated this smells. Yeah, sure you can meet someone on the net after loosing the alleged love of your life...after allegedly wanting to kill yourself  ...and then "fall in love" with someone who is 40 years younger than you whom you have never met in person....sure...yup....

Iow you haven't had those life experiences and thus you deny their validity.

So mote it be.... :-\

Metron2267

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 21, 2018, 03:57:47 AM

Will I listen to my AB archive now? Probably. Will I think of AB in the same way that I have previously? Definitely not. Was Heater Wad getting boffed by AB? I think so - I think women were a commodity to him - possibly with the exception of Romona, who I think was more than strong enough to not be fucked over by him, and appeared to be the strength in the partnership that helped him make C2Cam the success it was.

We lost a legend of a talk show host, but I think the world is probably a slightly better place for quite a few people now he isn’t around.

That's a fair and balanced analysis.

For however long it took him it appears that in his last two relationships Art stopped quitting on people.

But the damage he did up front lives on with the old scripts as their legacy.

Sad. :-[

GravitySucks

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 21, 2018, 08:58:34 AM

I never had a typewriter at home in the 70’s. In fact I didn’t get a typewriter until I bought a daisywheel that could also be used as a letter quality printer through a serial interface once I got a PC about 85 or 86.

Metron2267

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 04:55:14 AM

You failed as human,Art Bell,you failed as member of our society. 
You acted like a leach, like blood sucking leach, like emotional vampire.

You wasted your whole life because you abandoned your innocent first borns. All three of them. Perhaps few more.
Later you 'acquired' with your money new younger wife/toy and you made two more children for your own amusement.
You suck Art Bell. You acted like a typical back stabber.

You hold out no possible growth in the man in his last two relationships, for the daughter and infant he didn't walk away from, for the loving wife and business partner of 15 years from whom we heard no evidence of sociopathy?

People change, they get old, wisdom seeps in, a switch gets flipped, etc.

Your angry indictment may be sound, but it also smacks of being highly personal for a non family member and entertainer.

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 21, 2018, 09:32:28 AM

For however long it took him it appears that in his last two relationships Art stopped quitting on people.

lol, im sorry but choosing to impregnate your wife when you're 71 years old and have COPD...i wonder how long he realistically thought he'd be around for his youngest children's lives? it's difficult to just brush that aside. Art was a selfish piece of shit. his legacy is in the right hands.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 21, 2018, 09:32:28 AM

Are you referring to the pillow in the RV incident or Art's midnights in the cuckshed with Heather Wade?