• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rush Limbaugh

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 10:10:10 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on November 20, 2018, 12:31:59 PM
I just heard a bit of that show, where he licked Levin's ass for an entire segment. I've tried listening to Levin, but again, Savage has said so many things about Rush, Levin and Sean Hannity that he's made them rather unlikeable - for me, personally.

Yeah Savage tends to do stuff like that, just like he went off on Art for no good reason:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/3/radio-hosts-art-bell-and-michael-savage/

“You say UFOs, you wind up in the Philippines with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years. You can’t do UFOs,” Mr. Savage continued. “That’s an in joke, by the way, for people who understand the business. There are other topics you can’t do.”

That said I like Savage too, dating back to that TV show he had on MSNBC back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAA2KxgqVvk

QuoteThere's a certain charm to Rush, which is why I keep listening to him. And I love politics compared to "the paranormal"...but unfortunately my GF ends up in tears whenever she catches me listening. I don't even consider myself conservative, but you're correct on your assessment of the alternative: frightening.

I dig Savage's stressful style. Rush can be too calm for me. Maybe I only listen to Rush because its the forbidden fruit.

The best kind really, you get to learn something, you're red-pilled anyway which is a gateway state to reality-based conservative/libertarian thinking, and you may even find your GF over time starting to question the lamestream media cuck narrative.

Here's hoping anyway! ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 20, 2018, 01:57:33 PM
Yeah Savage tends to do stuff like that, just like he went off on Art for no good reason:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/3/radio-hosts-art-bell-and-michael-savage/

“You say UFOs, you wind up in the Philippines with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years. You can’t do UFOs,” Mr. Savage continued. “That’s an in joke, by the way, for people who understand the business. There are other topics you can’t do.”

That said I like Savage too, dating back to that TV show he had on MSNBC back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAA2KxgqVvk

The best kind really, you get to learn something, you're red-pilled anyway which is a gateway state to reality-based conservative/libertarian thinking, and you may even find your GF over time starting to question the lamestream media cuck narrative.

Here's hoping anyway! ;)

I actually laughed when Savage said that about Art. I thought it was a pretty good joke.

I'm also familiar with the TV show clip you posted. I see myself in him, and I probably would've done the same thing or worse to that caller.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on November 20, 2018, 01:55:59 PM
I also enjoy the slice of life stuff. With a touch of the cherry-picked political stuff.

The pettiness and jealousy is one of the reasons I like him ... its just so human. And relatable!

He’s always comparing Hannity to Jerry Lewis and he always mentions how he parts his hair in the middle.  ;D

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 20, 2018, 04:33:27 PM
He’s always comparing Hannity to Jerry Lewis and he always mentions how he parts his hair in the middle.  ;D

And Lou Costello.

HEY ABBOTT!

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on November 20, 2018, 02:03:14 PM
I actually laughed when Savage said that about Art. I thought it was a pretty good joke.

I'm also familiar with the TV show clip you posted. I see myself in him, and I probably would've done the same thing or worse to that caller.

What is said in jest is often truest, and so on...

Lunger

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 20, 2018, 05:03:05 PM
What is said in jest is often truest, and so on...

I would have said "House-girl" instead of 'hooker'.

PI doesn't really have hookers.  They have dancers and bar-girls.  The dancers are cuter but the barfine is the same for both.

Metron2267

Quote from: Lunger on November 20, 2018, 06:33:26 PM

Much more discrete  ;)

QuotePI doesn't really have hookers.  They have dancers and bar-girls.  The dancers are cuter but the barfine is the same for both.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Lunger on November 20, 2018, 06:33:26 PM

PI doesn't really have hookers.  They have dancers and bar-girls.  The dancers are cuter but the barfine is the same for both.

Yeah, come to think of it, that was a tad disrespectful. I think they settled outside of court.

AZZERAE

When I hear 'My City Was Gone' I realize the necessity of the term honky.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Azzerae on November 20, 2018, 09:10:48 AM
"Lush Rim jaw"

Anyone still listening to this guy?

Because I listen to Savage, and the amount of bashing he does of Rush, he's beginning to put me off.

I haven't missed a Limbaugh broadcast in over four years.  Savage, on the other hand, I gave up on.  He just depresses me too much.  So defeatist.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2018, 05:46:28 AM
I haven't missed a Limbaugh broadcast in over four years.  Savage, on the other hand, I gave up on.  He just depresses me too much.  So defeatist.

I'm listening to Savage right now. On the most recent GabCast you said you listen to Savage (so I assumed you meant you still do).

I find Savage is somewhat of a realist - because reality is depressing. Rush's calmness is unnerving to me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Azzerae on November 21, 2018, 05:59:51 AM
I'm listening to Savage right now. On the most recent GabCast you said you listen to Savage (so I assumed you meant you still do).

I find Savage is somewhat of a realist - because reality is depressing. Rush's calmness is unnerving to me.

Sometimes I think Rush comes off as having a sort of phony optimism.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2018, 06:00:52 AM
Sometimes I think Rush comes off as having a sort of phony optimism.

Yeahhh! That's it.

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 20, 2018, 04:33:27 PM

Harvey Wallbanger. I have to laugh at his Hanity references. The dude is so vanilla.

Seeing that Savage clip on MSNBC. To think where cable news was back then with its true diversity, and what it’s been watered down to. They’re doing to the same thing to the internets as we speak. Must make everyone same. Yawn.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 21, 2018, 08:14:29 AM
Seeing that Savage clip on MSNBC. To think where cable news was back then with its true diversity, and what it’s been watered down to.

PMSNBC: Home of the "Sneering Elf" (Rachel Mad Cow)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Azzerae on November 21, 2018, 08:22:42 AM
PMSNBC: Home of the "Sneering Elf" (Rachel Mad Cow)

Or as Savage says, Macho Radcow.

ItsOver

When I've heard Levin, I can't help but think of what Savage calls him and laugh.  Grouch Marx's grandmother.  ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2018, 05:46:28 AM

I highly recommend Dennis Prager. Positivity and great psychological and social insight with core values expressed and gently venerated.

Ever get into Glen Beck?

Now there's a chameleon. :o

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2018, 09:38:12 AM
When I've heard Levin, I can't help but think of what Savage calls him and laugh.  Grouch Marx's grandmother.  ;D

It's interesting that he truly sounds like a cranky old granny on radio, but when you watch him on Fox there's less nasal tonality perceived. I guess TV can distract from an obvious vocal style by showing the whole person. He runs a tight interview.

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 21, 2018, 11:24:04 AM
I highly recommend Dennis Prager. Positivity and great psychological and social insight with core values expressed and gently venerated.

Ever get into Glen Beck?

Now there's a chameleon. :o
Bishop Beck?  All he needs is whatever they're now calling The Mormon Tabernacle choir.  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on November 21, 2018, 11:26:43 AM
It's interesting that he truly sounds like a cranky old granny on radio, but when you watch him on Fox there's less nasal tonality perceived. I guess TV can distract from an obvious vocal style by showing the whole person. He runs a tight interview.
Levin is a sharp guy and a scholar of the Constitution but kind of hard on the ears when he goes on a rant with that voice.  I'd still much rather listen to him than smarmy characters like Schumer and Obama.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2018, 01:08:47 PM
Levin is a sharp guy and a scholar of the Constitution but kind of hard on the ears when he goes on a rant with that voice.  I'd still much rather listen to him than smarmy characters like Schumer and Obama.

LOL.  I try to catch some of Levin 2-3 times a week but I can't take him beyond that.  He is definitely the most learned of the hosts out there.

I like Rush. He is entertaining even if I don't agree with what he has to say.

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2018, 01:04:00 PM
Bishop Beck?  All he needs is whatever they're now calling The Mormon Tabernacle choir.  ::)

I remember his pre-Mormon days, Beck got to close to the 3rd rail of conspiracy and someone got to him.

He's as big a flake as one could imagine. ::)

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2018, 01:08:47 PM

Ditto on that.

Metron2267

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 21, 2018, 01:22:48 PM
LOL.  I try to catch some of Levin 2-3 times a week but I can't take him beyond that.  He is definitely the most learned of the hosts out there.

And don't forget Hugh Hewitt!