• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on April 13, 2017, 11:55:34 PM
Ever since the surgery, all I do is run around outdoors, or sit around wishing I could run around outdoors.

... for reasons that I am gonna pretend are still some kind of fucken mystery.

Oh, I'm with you on that one! Nice attempt at trying to sanitize it for North American players, Capcom but I know that's Hitler's face I just shot a missile into.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on April 13, 2017, 11:07:19 PM
I don't know the original NES very well.  Obviously Super Mario Bros. 3 (and 2's worth a look as well), Metroid (although not "Super" it's still cool).  One which I remember being really hard but pretty cool for its time was Ninja Gaiden.  I was more into SNES and then PS2 after that.  Now I only play PC games, when I can get them cheap off Steam/GOG sales. 

On that topic, I've burnt out on RPG's (and I just can't find one I like as much as Fallout: NV), and FPS's as well.  So I've decided to dive back into my collection of strategy games and give them another try.  Previously I've never been able to get over the learning curve hump but I'm determined this time to actually finish one of these.  I've got Civ 3, Alpha Centauri, Master of Orion 1&2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, and, in a fit of irrational hubris I just picked up Crusader Kings 2.  In any case, I'm gonna build an empire somewhere, somehow.

Yeah, the SMB series in general represents the best of the system. I can't get into Gaiden for some reason but like the simpler Kung Fu game. SNES was a great system! I've never owned one but fortunately all the games I've emulated for it have ran perfectly. Star Fox and Pilotwings are my favs. I still have yet to find an RPG that really grabs me. I know a lot of people really love them but my taste for video games was established in the arcade days and most of them just move too slow for me. Maybe one day I'll find one I enjoy. Have you ever tried Star Control for DOS?

trostol

for anyone who cares..Saints Row 2 is free on both Steam and GoG for at least today

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on April 20, 2017, 11:15:41 PM
for anyone who cares..Saints Row 2 is free on both Steam and GoG for at least today

Is there a mac version?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2017, 12:13:47 AM
well what do you expect lol

I noticed they have some sort of linux version though.

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 21, 2017, 12:23:29 AM
I noticed they have some sort of linux version though.

there is a program GoG has that runs on mac..but i do not know if the game itself will work for ya

Taaroa

Quote from: trostol on April 20, 2017, 11:15:41 PM
I recall that having issues running on Windows 7 and onwards.

Thanks for the info though, still gonna download it.

Jackstar

Keeping up with BellGab has become too much like work.

What's the latest those French faggots are making now? That last Deus Ex game was so bad, I don't care which of their recent candidates surrendered.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on May 07, 2017, 09:09:42 PM
Keeping up with BellGab has become too much like work.

Twenty minutes of trying to remember which button is for crouching actually was work. Fuck that.

Taaroa

Quote from: Jackstar on May 07, 2017, 09:09:42 PM
What's the latest those French faggots are making now? That last Deus Ex game was so bad, I don't care which of their recent candidates surrendered.
Made in Quebec, not France. Game wasn't bad, just half the length it should've been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on May 08, 2017, 02:37:00 AM
Game wasn't bad, just half the length it should've been.

Is this Mankind Divided you're referring to? Because those cinematics and loading screen expositions go on FOREVER.

Quote from: Taaroa on May 08, 2017, 02:37:00 AM
Made in Quebec, not France.

ABSOLUTE DEGENERACY

Meanwhile, after three days of my comittment to playing video games again, I've picked up the controller twice--and the second time, it was just on top of a book I wanted.

Taaroa

Quote from: Jackstar on May 10, 2017, 12:43:17 PM
Is this Mankind Divided you're referring to? Because those cinematics and loading screen expositions go on FOREVER.
Yeah. I don't recall the cinematics being any longer than the older games, but I'll agree that the loading times weren't great (but they weren't for Human Revolution either). I think the developer's strength for the two games was their environment and art designs - Prague in Mankind Divided certainly reminded me of the real place and they captured how rude the people there can be perfectly.

Square Enix has apparently shelved any further sequel because it didn't sell as well as expected. You know, after they seemingly added stuff like microtransactions and halving the game's content.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-30-dont-expect-another-deus-ex-game-anytime-soon

Meanwhile Bioware has undergone a spate of firings with any new Mass Effect games also shelved.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-ice-for-now/

Bad time for Montreal game developers.

Not really excited about much this year. All the CRPGs I kickstarted were injected with the moronic concerns, sensibilities, and haircuts of San Francisco hipsters. Shenmue remaster would be great, surprise Fallout from a different team ala New Vegas would be swell.

trostol

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on May 30, 2017, 08:21:13 AM
Not really excited about much this year. All the CRPGs I kickstarted were injected with the moronic concerns, sensibilities, and haircuts of San Francisco hipsters. Shenmue remaster would be great, surprise Fallout from a different team ala New Vegas would be swell.

only thing i know will buy is Fractured but Whole...RDR 2 is next year which is a buy and Far Cry 5 is next year..but that will be a rental i think

might change if i get a new ps4 since i am back to work

zeebo

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on May 30, 2017, 08:21:13 AM
... surprise Fallout from a different team ala New Vegas would be swell.

Fallout NV was my fave game in years.  One of only a few I actually bothered to finish, and probably the only one I played through a second time.  Really fun, atmospheric game, with great gameplay and writing, plus I liked how the RPG elements actually mattered. 

trostol

started playing Wasteland 2...for you Fallout fans..i suggest it if you haven't played it

Quote from: zeebo on June 08, 2017, 01:46:56 AM
Fallout NV was my fave game in years.  One of only a few I actually bothered to finish, and probably the only one I played through a second time.  Really fun, atmospheric game, with great gameplay and writing, plus I liked how the RPG elements actually mattered.

Same here, along with Witcher 3. After seeing the trash at e3 this year, I'm fixing for a replay of either.

Quote from: trostol on June 08, 2017, 07:45:13 PM
started playing Wasteland 2...for you Fallout fans..i suggest it if you haven't played it

Got as far as the botany lab, didn't click for me. Might give it another go.

trostol

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on June 12, 2017, 01:22:42 AM
Same here, along with Witcher 3. After seeing the trash at e3 this year, I'm fixing for a replay of either.

Got as far as the botany lab, didn't click for me. Might give it another go.

funny..that is a game i just could not get into lol it looks great and all..but something about it never pulled me in on the 4 attempts i gave it