• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Inauguration

Started by albrecht, January 16, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on January 19, 2017, 10:47:55 AM
It's true.

Fake news. Trump says so.

Two days before his swearing in, Donald Trump has forked over $25 million to settle three Trump University fraud lawsuits.
The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, originally known as Trump University, delivered the payment on Wednesday, plaintiffs' lawyers told CNNMoney.
The settlement was reached in November shortly after the election. It kept the president-elect from having to testify in a trial.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/18/news/trump-university-settlement-payment/index.html

Jackstar

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 19, 2017, 08:21:38 AM
As for Hillary votes being fraudulent. Hillary supporters can simply say someone hacked the voting machines or Republican Governors made it difficult for some district to vote and we just go  around in circles

It's embarrassing for you and insulting to me, as well as everyone else, that you offer this as a facsimile of a cogent response to the legitimate issue.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

It's embarrassing for you and insulting to me, as well as everyone else, that you offer this as a facsimile of a cogent response to the legitimate issue.

But that doesn't explain your conclusion about who shot JFK, and Princess Diana. Show your construction in drawing an ellipse. An ellipse, not an oval. Do it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 11:15:49 AM
I would prefer not to.

I know what you would prefer; but what you prefer isn't important.

Jackstar

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 11:17:40 AM
I know what you would prefer

For you to tie me up with a golden lariat and force me to tell the truth? No, you're wrong again.

Juan

Trump has arrived at Joint Base Andrews.  No assassination yet.

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 10:49:57 AM

Two days before his swearing in, Donald Trump has forked over $25 million to settle three Trump University fraud lawsuits.
The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative, originally known as Trump University, delivered the payment on Wednesday, plaintiffs' lawyers told CNNMoney.
The settlement was reached in November shortly after the election. It kept the president-elect from having to testify in a trial.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/18/news/trump-university-settlement-payment/index.html

What does this have to do with my original post?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 11:18:50 AM
For you to tie me up with a golden lariat and force me to tell the truth? No, you're wrong again.

Me do the tying? Oh no...but the video stream of you being tied by such as this delectable creature would have an audience I'm certain.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Chefist on January 19, 2017, 09:57:09 AM
I love it...and CNN is broadcasting passion plays about Trump getting assassinated before the oath of office so that Obama's cabinet member will become President...

Sick and twisted liberals...

The media desperation, especially at CNN, is so thick you could cut it with a knife. CNN can't go a week without embarrassing itself now.

Jackstar

Trump TV will fill in.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 11:27:24 AM
The media desperation, especially at CNN, is so thick you could cut it with a knife. CNN can't go a week without embarrassing itself now.

Think so? With Trump's all time low popularity, and his incredible arrogance, think all the press will now dig in for the long game. He so much as farts, and it'll be splashed.

Jackstar

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 11:32:32 AM
Drumpf's all time low popularity

Your information is not legitimate.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 11:35:06 AM
Your information is not legitimate.

That's fine. How is the ellipse coming along?

albrecht

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 10:49:57 AM

He should do like your drug-dealers  ;) and land-owners do and have weird pomp and circumstance ceremonies like 'Trial of the Pyx' etc, and for sure Trump should ply Congress by initiating a guy instantly available to give them snuff and certainly must have a "groom of the stool!"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10224755/Perks-of-an-MP-include-free-snuff.html

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 11:37:56 AM
That's fine. How is the ellipse coming along?

He's probably right, polling as of late hasn't exactly been reliable. They certainly weren't right about the election, so it's a good bet that they aren't right about Trump's approval rating. That said, his numbers are unusual only for a president-elect. They are not unusual for a sitting president. What is unusual are Obama's approval ratings which I don't buy for one instant. To come up with those numbers, they must be using a fucking metro Chicago telephone book for the polling pool because out here in fly over country he's about as unpopular as a president can get. Which reminds me, my Obama voodoo doll needs another pin!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2017, 11:49:13 AM
He should do like your drug-dealers  ;) and land-owners do and have weird pomp and circumstance ceremonies like 'Trial of the Pyx' etc, and for sure Trump should ply Congress by initiating a guy instantly available to give them snuff and certainly must have a "groom of the stool!"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10224755/Perks-of-an-MP-include-free-snuff.html

Hey, you got your independence; you can't now have the luxuries of our wholesome traditions now. You gave all that up.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 12:27:30 PM
He's probably right, polling as of late hasn't exactly been reliable. They certainly weren't right about the election, so it's a good bet that they aren't right about Trump's approval rating. That said, his numbers are unusual only for a president-elect. They are not unusual for a sitting president. What is unusual are Obama's approval ratings which I don't buy for one instant. To come up with those numbers, they must be using a fucking metro Chicago telephone book for the polling pool because out here in fly over country he's about as unpopular as a president can get. Which reminds me, my Obama voodoo doll needs another pin!

To be honest, I don't really put much stock in polls either. They all stood on a rake at our last General election. And the Brexit. So much so, that the pollsters themselves have had to revamp how they collect date. When all said and done, we all lie, so even if what the person with the clip board or makes the phone call writes down what they've been told accurately, it has absolutely no relation to what they've been told being true.

albrecht

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 12:28:40 PM
Hey, you got your independence; you can't now have the luxuries of our wholesome traditions now. You gave all that up.
According to a "theory" the independence was only real until the "War of 1812" (or as some see it an off-shoot theater of the Napoleonic War) when you lot stopped the original 13th Amendment which allowed lawyers (TEMPLE BAR*) members of the bar to still control things, and the Royals to continue their financial shenanigans and drug-dealing.

*not the fun place in Dublin but the controllers in The City

Jackstar

What does BAR stand for?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2017, 12:37:04 PM
According to a "theory" the independence was only real until the "War of 1812" (or as some see it an off-shoot theater of the Napoleonic War) when you lot stopped the original 13th Amendment which allowed lawyers (TEMPLE BAR*) members of the bar to still control things, and the Royals to continue their financial shenanigans and drug-dealing.

*not the fun place in Dublin but the controllers in The City

I wasn't there dammit. Not even SV was there.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 12:38:30 PM
What does BAR stand for?
Browning Automatic Rifle?  ;) Or a prevention, stoppage of something? A long piece of metal? Curious where you are going with it?

Jackstar

I have a history of asking questions that result in re-decoration. I think it's a Navajo gift.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2017, 12:45:04 PM
I have a history of asking questions that result in re-decoration. I think it's a Navajo gift.
And here I thought you were going to go with "bar" the pressure measurement and then onto weather-manipulation.  :(

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 12:33:03 PM

To be honest, I don't really put much stock in polls either. They all stood on a rake at our last General election. And the Brexit. So much so, that the pollsters themselves have had to revamp how they collect date. When all said and done, we all lie, so even if what the person with the clip board or makes the phone call writes down what they've been told accurately, it has absolutely no relation to what they've been told being true.

It seems that the only accurate take on polling is that done internally and commissioned by the campaigns themselves. Some of Trump's are out there and it paints a different picture than what the pollsters were painting at the time, but did over all seem to turn out more correct and seems to reveal why he started crisscrossing the rust belt. Hillary's have not been released, but the writing seemed to be on the wall there as well when she cancelled the fireworks display.

As far as public polls go, I would imagine these days they simply reflect whatever the group commissioning them wants them to reflect. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 19, 2017, 12:48:06 PM
It seems that the only accurate take on polling is that done internally and commissioned by the campaigns themselves. Some of Trump's are out there and it paints a different picture than what the pollsters were painting at the time, but did over all seem to turn out more correct and seems to reveal why he started crisscrossing the rust belt. Hillary's have not been released, but the writing seemed to be on the wall there as well when she cancelled the fireworks display.

As far as public polls go, I would imagine these days they simply reflect whatever the group commissioning them wants them to reflect.

Its a standing joke in UK elections, that no matter who wins, the opposition parties will 'win' something. EG, party 'A' (incumbant party) loses about 20% in numbers on their last victory. Party 'B' declares they're winning the electorate back. Even if the 20% is lost to people not bothering, or they went to party 'C' and 'D'.

Kidnostad3

At the gym today I got into a discussion with a small group of men that were talking about the planned disruptions of the inaugural ceremonies.  When it came to what might be done by the authorities to neutralize efforts by demonstrators to create havoc,  I volunteered that if it were up to me I'd start out with judicious use of Willie Peter and then roll out the heavy stuff if the threat persisted.  I waited a few seconds expecting laughs or questions but all I got were curiops looks so I pivoted and withdrew smartly.

I can't wait until I see them next after they've had a chance to google Willie Peter.  Knowing some of them that are of the liberal perversion there will probably be a movement afoot to have my gym membership revoked.  No big deal. There are other gyms around.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 19, 2017, 01:11:08 PM
At the gym today I got into a discussion with a small group of men that were talking about the planned disruptions of the inaugural ceremonies.  When it came to what might be done by the authorities to neutralize efforts by demonstrators to create havoc,  I volunteered that if it were up to me I'd start out with judicious use of Willie Peter and then roll out the heavy stuff if the threat persisted.  I waited a few seconds expecting laughs or questions but all I got were curiops looks so I pivoted and withdrew smartly.

I can't wait until I see them next after they've had a chance to google Willie Peter.  Knowing some of them that are of the liberal perversion there will probably be a movement afoot to have my gym membership revoked.  No big deal. There are other gyms around.

I didn't google it; White Phosphorous? Is that what Trump rubs on his eyelids?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 01:31:16 PM
I didn't google it; White Phosphorous? Is that what Trump rubs on his eyelids?

Precisely.