• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 28, 2018, 04:12:49 PM
I would be interested to see a comparison of the number of children (those under eighteen) killed in the US annually by either drunk drivers or texting drivers and those killed with firearms under any circumstances.  I think it's a safe bet child deaths resulting from drunk and/or texting drivers far out number those from guns.  Of course the cell phone and alcohol industries spend lots of money advertising in the (anti-gun) media, and the "March for Our Lives" high school pawns would never give up their cell phones.  Alcohol?  The "drink responsibly" disclaimers used by most, if not all, alcohol producers apparently gets them off the hook.
Alcohol, even though legal, is likely one of the most corrupting influence politically and, maybe, morally. But it is funny. I like State and Local control, but booze is the one place that shows how just because more "local control" doesn't, necessarily, make it good. The repeal of Volstead Act and subsequent COURT rulings left it up to the States (mainly, aside from Federal excise and cross border issues) to regulate- and it can be a big mess. Where laws are made protecting certain interests. Weird blue-laws. Weird anti-competition laws. Bloated agencies that curry political favors. Weird "firewalls" and monopolies between distillers, resellers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, etc. And so on....the latest....
https://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/texas-alcohol-agency-reverses-judge-preserving-state-booze-industry/RBsjdzPh1CS3CLR6ARORQL/

ps:I posted here only because the ATF should be a convenience store- not a Federal agency. Loved that shirt. Kidding, though- kids don't mix guns and booze, and never use tobacco. Do as I say.....

ACE of CLUBS

Doo Doo ...... are you a firearm owner?
Are you dealing with your 'anger issues' ?
Is this a conflict for you ?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on March 29, 2018, 08:20:16 AM
Doo Doo ...... are you a firearm owner?
Are you dealing with your 'anger issues' ?
Is this a conflict for you ?

The Ace of Leafs, The Ace of Leafs! 8)

Norm

Happiness is still a warm gun.....

https://youtu.be/zei3xnivwFk

Gd5150

The quality of posts from Schlubs and Duneboy has declined drastically in unishon. Obvioush coinshindunce is obvioush.

Up All Night

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 28, 2018, 08:30:44 AM

The left isn’t going to take jack shit.

Tables Turned... Their shit is going to be jacked.  :D

I spent my Easter holiday shooting guns including an AR-15.  I think I'm in love.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 01, 2018, 11:10:41 PM
I spent my Easter holiday shooting guns including an AR-15.  I think I'm in love.

albrecht

I've mentioned this before but look forward to entities like insurance companies, credit card companies, and banks to be going against guns. I think this is the way they will be go since despite the media's propaganda and certain international meddlers it is hard, or a complicated long process, to outright change the 2nd Amendment or pass legislation. But "private companies" using their discretion and influence will be the way to go. I've already heard new stories about school districts who want to protect children are hit with large insurance bills if they arm trained teachers or staff. This will likely be done with homeowners, health insurance, etc as "policy" due to "higher risks" and pressure from ownership (like large teacher and state retirement plans, large investors, foreign investors, etc.) Mark my words.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: albrecht on April 05, 2018, 12:57:07 PM
I've mentioned this before but look forward to entities like insurance companies, credit card companies, and banks to be going against guns. I think this is the way they will be go since despite the media's propaganda and certain international meddlers it is hard, or a complicated long process, to outright change the 2nd Amendment or pass legislation. But "private companies" using their discretion and influence will be the way to go. I've already heard new stories about school districts who want to protect children are hit with large insurance bills if they arm trained teachers or staff. This will likely be done with homeowners, health insurance, etc as "policy" due to "higher risks" and pressure from ownership (like large teacher and state retirement plans, large investors, foreign investors, etc.) Mark my words.

I just fuck anti-gun companies right back for the lulz. I started doing it years ago after Sandy Hook when Dicks sporting goods banned AR15 sales. A lot of people quit buying from them but i started buying more, hehheh. Dicks's has free shipping over $49 and you can return items to the store. So i order a bunch of heavy shit online like weight lifting plates and other heavy shit, then return it to the store and get my money back. I have cost them thousands of dollars in shipping charges over the years KEK!

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 31, 2018, 09:04:37 AM

https://youtu.be/RYJxllUpWTE

What would you need/use a gun like that for ?
Not being facetious.
I was a big game guide for many years, and still live in bear country.
Quality durable long guns and large bore single action revolvers are what's used.
Un-informed about firearms like the one picture.
Just curious .....

GravitySucks

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 05, 2018, 02:00:51 PM
Not being facetious.
Quality durable long guns and large bore single action revolvers are what's used.
Just curious .....

How big is your flatscreen tv?

Dr. MD MD

Resisting tyranny.

Asuka Langley

Not being facetious.
Just curious .....

I don't hunt large game, i don't hunt period so i have no use for fudd guns. All of my guns are for personal protection and target shooting so i have no use for revolvers and a fudd gun thats longer than 3 foot long. If i have to shoot some son of a bitch that broke into my house I'm not fucking around with a 12 gauge duck gun lol. My guns are first and foremost for protection (aka killing 2 legged predators). 

Gd5150

Not being facetious.
Just curious .....

Simple. Because it’s “America’s Rifle”.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2016/7/1/10-reasons-to-own-an-ar-15/

albrecht

"Newsweek" doesnt' even pretend to be fair, non-political, and report the news. Anyway the news is some Judge approved Mass's "assault rifle" and "large capacity magazines" as ok. But I'm sure there will be more cases and fights over it.
http://www.newsweek.com/massachusetts-federal-court-second-amendment-doesnt-protect-ar-15-assault-875779?

ItsOver

...I was a big game guide for many years, and still live in bear country..
Serving at comic-con help desks in Chicago doesn't count as a "big game guide." ::)