• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

VtaGeezer

This has the makings of something that could really blow up in Obama's face badly, and by association, HMH.  Will he kiss Erdogan's ass?  I think so.  If I was Gulen, I'd be heading for someplace with no extradition with Turkey before Obama sells him out.  Trump should be printing "Who lost Turkey?" bumper stickers.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 16, 2016, 03:58:38 PM
This has the makings of something that could really blow up in Obama's face badly, and by association, HMH.  Will he kiss Erdogan's ass?  I think so.  If I was Gulen, I'd be heading for someplace with no extradition with Turkey before Obama sells him out.  Trump should be printing "Who lost Turkey?" bumper stickers.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the MSM will just give him another pass. 

The scariest thing is we're watching a traditionally western democracy go to shit on our border with the Islamic world and it looks like a preview of coming attractions of what's going to happen in our traditional western countries when shit hits the fan.

pate

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 04:20:13 PM
https://twitter.com/DEFCONWS/status/754425724275007488

🛐 ⚃ 🐐-sy

Nice base that one.

I bought two nice rugs when I passed through there.

Dave, if you are reading this I still have the contact information of the merchant, I am sure he has a stunning one for yew in a nice shoe polish black color scheme.  I'd go with handknotted synthetic fiber to get the proper sheen you seem to enjoy.

Seriously gnoory, PM me for details.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 16, 2016, 04:01:21 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the MSM will just give him another pass.
I agree that most will, but if Turkey goes Islamist or kicks NATO out, there are things even the media can't hide.

aldousburbank

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 16, 2016, 03:58:38 PM

Basically your saying that Trump is the chef, Obama is the baster, and Turkey is the turkey?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 16, 2016, 05:09:32 PM
Basically your saying that Trump is the chef, Obama is the baster, and Turkey is the turkey?

Erdogan is the chef, Obama is the baster, and Hillary is the turkey.  Trump is the carver.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 16, 2016, 12:32:01 PM
Access to air base housing US nukes in Turkey blocked, power cut off â€" consulate

Not sure how to interpret this, all I've seen is the Turks have closed their airspace.  I would hope the US learned a lesson from the 1974 Greek-Turkish conflict over Cyprus.  The Turks felt the US took Greece's side and cut off Incirlik AB for a time.  That base should damn well be self sufficient with its own power generation capability, enough stores to hold out for an extended period, and the forces to defend it if comes to that.

pate

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 16, 2016, 09:05:24 PM
Not sure how to interpret this, all I've seen is the Turks have closed their airspace.  I would hope the US learned a lesson from the 1974 Greek-Turkish conflict over Cyprus.  The Turks felt the US took Greece's side and cut off Incirlik AB for a time.  That base should damn well be self sufficient with its own power generation capability, enough stores to hold out for an extended period, and the forces to defend it if comes to that.

Interesting theory, doctor.  But what about when thyme becomes:

\ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY

Dardanelles are only held sacredly blue-water by treaty (dot, dash...).

ediot: SPACE!

I invoke conditioner and shampoo directions, by the Heave-Ho Convention of 1134 BFP(Blessed be Fernando Poo!)

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 16, 2016, 01:00:14 AM
Leftists criticizing others for cheering on a pro-freedom and pro-human rights coup...
Righties struggling to form their own opinion because Trump hasn't told them what it is yet.

pate

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 16, 2016, 10:24:01 PM
Righties struggling to form their own opinion because Trump hasn't told them what it is yet.

Well no one really cares how they celebrate their "Man-LOVE" Thursday hand-holding ceremonies before their hole-euh-huh Friday.  Left right, I don't think they really care, after all they go side by side.  Holding hands and all, tell me that ain't Islam?

Do they hold your "Middle" hand or are you just frontin' for Hell or Burn?

ediot:  RCH: I'd let yew "Dutch Rutter" my left.  Feel frei!

pate

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 16, 2016, 10:24:01 PM

What is your opinion?  Waiting for some cues?

"Exit stage left" cums to mynd, priya boi!

chinaclipper

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 04:20:13 PM
https://twitter.com/DEFCONWS/status/754425724275007488

🛐 ⚃ 🐐-sy
just as an aside, we were stationed at incerlik, adana, many years ago.  alerts were common place.  no biggy.  after g.powers left from there before his ill fated flight, Khrushchev aimed his missiles at us.  so a coup is nothing to be upset about.

WOTR

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 16, 2016, 09:05:24 PM
That base should damn well be self sufficient with its own power generation capability, enough stores to hold out for an extended period, and the forces to defend it if comes to that.
Or you could move it to a more stable country... Say Iran? ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on July 16, 2016, 11:11:30 PM
Or you could move it to a more stable country... Say Iran? ;)
There is scale, of sorts. It can go both ways, tho. In terms of stabiliy, culture, etc. African, Arab, Turk,  Persian...but a caveat, there is more potential for damage to OUR countries with proportional trade and arms, In which we import or sell or fight. But also potential for business and trade when others are hampered or controlled? The key is the balance. Haha.

pate

Oh snap, I almost forgot:

I herd 'twas a goi from Pencil-Vain, ya!  Sure, he was the conductor of that orchestra.

Extra-extra, Dido!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs

Whoosh, and thar eye wuz, thanking Black'rish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TO48Cnl66w

Thank ermagawd further for the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=302oEzSPCqE

Whoa!

Trumpeters:

We continue to await word from Trump Tower as to which group of Muslims we are supposed to support in Turkey.  Please advise as to whether it is the democratically elected conservative ones, or the armed ones who attempted to overthrow a secular government without the support of the civilian population. 

Your leader's Twitter feed has been unusually silent on the matter.  Please let us know which group we are supposed to be killing.

Thanks!

pate

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 17, 2016, 12:12:53 AM
Trumpeters:

We continue to await word from Trump Tower as to which group of Muslims we are supposed to support in Turkey.  Please advise as to whether it is the democratically elected conservative ones, or the armed ones who attempted to overthrow a secular government without the support of the civilian population. 

Your leader's Twitter feed has been unusually silent on the matter.  Please let us know which group we are supposed to be killing.

Thanks!

Hey, buddy!

You are the filly they want for the horse pr0n?  Mmm, Last Dance 2 puce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKgQYxUnTs

And their goatse prom I thought, sumtheen.

Yer Kayute!

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 10:57:35 PM
I'm sorry that it failed.  Methinks the next time they try, they should just assassinate Erdogan.  Then there is no going back.
Yes, that would seem to be the first step but it's not always easy to do.

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 15, 2016, 08:41:50 PM
I've been enjoying RT and their spin in the other direction, with their parade of anti-NATO commenters.  At one point the silly anchor was practically pleading "where are all the pro-military crowds?"  As though normal people cheer tanks in the streets.

Earlier, some former US Army JAG head was on blaming NATO, then another ex-CIA contractor claimed it was definitely a CIA operation.  Now they've resorted to reading mean anti-Erdogan tweets.  Hahaha where do they find these people
It's interesting for me to get different perspectives but it just becomes comical when I watch the MSM in the U.S. do their predictable gymnastic spins to accomplish their agenda.  They'd be presenting mass suicide as a great thing if it supports their narrative.

ItsOver

Ah, such a civilized bunch.  I hate thinking about what's in store for these unfortunates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/turkey-coup-disturbing-picture-shows-8437742

And the bonehead talking heads cry over waterboarding.

aldousburbank

Thanks!

Can't it be both?

albrecht

Trumpeters:

Thanks!
Though not a "Trumpster" except by default versus Billary (he is way too liberal on things like immigration etc,) but I say neither.

The problem in the region, and increasingly everywhere, is not "which group of Muslims," as you put it, but Islam.

But, if one has to choose, in your weird world of only two opposite solutions to a problem, for Turkey I would rather the more secular Kemalist, not ideal for sure, but versus the Islamist mob rule and radicalism of Erdogan or the weird cultist type of Islam of Gulen, who is based out of Pennsylvania and, oddly, has Billary (and other politicians) connections in fundraising etc.

Bill Clinton:
"Good evening.  In this interdependent world, the fates of people on opposite sides of the globe are increasingly linked, and it’s critical to keep the lines of communication open as much as we can.  That’s why the communication between the Turkish-American community and the people of Turkey is so important.  It’s important to ensure your vibrant cultural heritage, to make sure it continues to thrive and inspire, and build a bridge that reaches over all faiths and creeds, and the ocean.  By being here tonight, you are contributing to lasting peace and security at home and abroad.  You’re contributing to the promotion of the ideals of tolerance and interfaith dialog, inspired by Fethullah Gulen, and his transnational social movement.  You do it through your everyday lives, and you are truly strengthening the fabric of our common humanity, as well as promoting the ongoing cultural and educational ties that bind our world together.   I want to thank you for your contributions to America, for your contributions to stronger Turkish-American relationships, and better understanding, and especially for your friendship to Hillary and to me."
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tccnewyork/4642137833

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 17, 2016, 09:06:34 AM
....and especially for your friendship to Hillary and to me."

"You're quite welcome, Bill!  Anytime."

Forever Yours,

Loretta

Sorry, Albrecht.  I couldn't resist. :))

VtaGeezer

Trumpeters:

Thanks!
Plenty of opinions on Turkey have been posted in the past 24 hours, but, hey, if you can't offer one just revert to snarky, eh?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on July 17, 2016, 07:54:03 AM
Ah, such a civilized bunch.  I hate thinking about what's in store for these unfortunates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/turkey-coup-disturbing-picture-shows-8437742

And the bonehead talking heads cry over waterboarding.

The Turks are civilized.  You don't see these guys being forced to form human pyramids by an ugly shemale with more fingers than teeth, do you?

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on July 17, 2016, 01:24:47 PM
The Turks are civilized.  You don't see these guys being forced to form human pyramids by an ugly shemale with more fingers than teeth, do you?
Yeah, they sure look civilized to me.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/turkish-soldier-beheaded-pro-government-8433319