• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on December 01, 2016, 12:02:09 AM
There is a brunette sitting behind the kings bench that might be the prettiest girl I've ever seen
Me no likey that system they put in to put ads and blockers behind the benches etc, lest my tender eyes might get a glipse of a hot chick sitting behind in the seats. It also could be a career breaker for said hot chicks in stands!

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2016, 12:07:20 AM
Me no likey that system they put in to put ads and blockers behind the benches etc, lest my tender eyes might get a glipse of a hot chick sitting behind in the seats. It also could be a career breaker for said hot chicks in stands!
they just showed her again. Very poor photo here

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on December 01, 2016, 12:12:07 AM
they just showed her again. Very poor photo here
Yeah, I got ya tho. I'm not saying it is good, lest I'm called a pervert, but sometimes there were some fun upskirts and hot tit chicks behind the stands etc and, I think, some were going for that. (I think a Baywatch Gal was gotten from a bb game and made millions.)

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2016, 12:18:32 AM
Yeah, I got ya tho. I'm not saying it is good, lest I'm called a pervert, but sometimes there were some fun upskirts and hot tit chicks behind the stands etc and, I think, some were going for that. (I think a Baywatch Gal was gotten from a bb game and made millions.)
Pam Anderson got famous by being seen at a Canadian football game I believe

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on December 01, 2016, 12:21:00 AM
Pam Anderson got famous by being seen at a Canadian football game I believe
That is who I was thinking of. On that side, watched the The Grey Cup the other night and a crazy, fun game. I actually think the Canadian football is fun. Big field but fast like Arena.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2016, 12:24:19 AM
That is who I was thinking of. On that side, watched the The Grey Cup the other night and a crazy, fun game. I actually think the Canadian football is fun. Big field but fast like Arena.
Ya I wish I'd have caught your post earlier on Sunday. I would have like to of watched the Grey Cup.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on December 01, 2016, 12:26:10 AM
Ya I wish I'd have caught your post earlier on Sunday. I would have like to of watched the Grey Cup.
What was crazy is what, I think, is like their Super Bowl, which was awesome and exciting (and weird cause different field and rules) had less people than a losing (hopefully changing with new hire and $$$) program at a random UT game or other college games we got. With, hopefully changing, worse spectacle and fun. It was a fun game to watch.

Taco Bell

Hawks with a second OT winner in a row...those 2 points keep adding up!

akwilly

Hell of a game on. Hell of a job by Doc and Pierre as well

akwilly

It seems that vegas might have to adjust theirGolden Knights name and logo. The patent office refused them a trademark n because of the similarities it has with some little college.

akwilly

Wow Pierre is one hard working man. He did a game yesterday and he is doing a game now. Doc is on fire as well!

albrecht

This Caps/Pens game is ridiculous but fun to watch. Caps dominating and then, boom, Pens in charge and now back and forth.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2017, 08:05:17 PM
This Caps/Pens game is ridiculous but fun to watch. Caps dominating and then, boom, Pens in charge and now back and forth.
this has to go to overtime

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on January 16, 2017, 08:39:36 PM
this has to go to overtime
And, it did, until I texted a nephew and jinxed it- so Caps lost!  >:( I should know better by now. But a CRAZY game in any event.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2017, 08:58:20 PM
And, it did, until I texted a nephew and jinxed it- so Caps lost!  >:( I should know better by now. But a CRAZY game in any event.
I didn't care who won but I jinxed any shot at a shootout when I texted my buddy and Pitt scored just as I pressed send lol. Hell of a game even without doc doing the call. Pierre did a hell of a job as usual. He is one hard working sob

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on January 16, 2017, 09:19:02 PM
I didn't care who won but I jinxed any shot at a shootout when I texted my buddy and Pitt scored just as I pressed send lol. Hell of a game even without doc doing the call. Pierre did a hell of a job as usual. He is one hard working sob
Ugh, the Cowboys and then this game, back-to-back. I have to say that hockey is the hardest game to call and call well. Fast, foreign names, so many games, etc. Each sport calling has a different skill set, for example, baseball you need to be able to know the history and personal anecdotes etc when things get slow to make it good. Horse racing is like you need to be an auctioneer but still intelligible. But hockey announcers, and especially on radio, have to be very good, fast and color man needs to understand when how to get stories in without disrupting the game calling. Really a skill.

akwilly

Hell of a game Doc is calling!!!

albrecht

A conflicted game for me but the Stars/Caps game is good. Very physical. Some good hits and fights. I guess, as long as no injuries, I'm happy either way?

akwilly

Another great sideline interview by Pierre.

akwilly

It's amazing how much info Pierre just got on his sideline interview. Doc is on fire as well.

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on February 01, 2017, 07:37:41 PM
It's amazing how much info Pierre just got on his sideline interview. Doc is on fire as well.

lol i am amazed how much you like them...majority of the hockey folk dont

Ciardelo

Quote from: trostol on February 01, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

The "hockey folk" have a long and rich history do they? lol

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 01, 2017, 11:50:33 PM
The "hockey folk" have a long and rich history do they? lol
A century this year beeatch for NHL! And soon after the former North Stars moved here we win a Stanley Cup! Which was damaged during a "celebration with strippers," and thrown in a pool, that included, apparently the band Pantera. (Who we play after scores.) I've heard rumors also that the Cup was given lap-dances etc. Having said that, I appreciate the Cup should not be demeaned this way again, and hope we, or my other favorite team The Caps, FINALLY, can win it!
http://www.hookedonhockeymagazine.com/dallas-stars-and-the-mystery-dent-in-the-stanley-cup/

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on February 02, 2017, 12:08:34 AM
A century this year beeatch for NHL! And soon after the former North Stars moved here we win a Stanley Cup! Which was damaged during a "celebration with strippers," and thrown in a pool, that included, apparently the band Pantera. (Who we play after scores.) I've heard rumors also that the Cup was given lap-dances etc. Having said that, I appreciate the Cup should not be demeaned this way again, and hope we, or my other favorite team The Caps, FINALLY, can win it!
http://www.hookedonhockeymagazine.com/dallas-stars-and-the-mystery-dent-in-the-stanley-cup/

"hockey folk" lore includes wild parties, strippers, AND Pantera? Sheeeeit, count me in for sum dat.

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 02, 2017, 12:15:05 AM
"hockey folk" lore includes wild parties, strippers, AND Pantera? Sheeeeit, count me in for sum dat.
If you haven't seen, watch "Slapshot" starring Paul Newman. Sports players say the most realistic sports movies portraying hockey minor-league back in the day. (Not the crazy Hollywood parts, but the grind, bus, drinking, joking, chicks, gambling, meds, etc. Like a Frat Party on cheap wheels but with having to perform and still train.) Baseball similar, in the minor leagues, at least.. So many games, crappy conditions, groupies, drinking, 'stuff' to keep up with the games and pain, and general high-jinx and camaraderie but long-term results, often negative towards health and "family relationships." The "professional" wrestling circuit was similar but even worse because, back when at least, zero over-sight and total meds/booze to deal with it and more personal and weird circuits and management. Some good podcasts about it, including Ric Flairs- not sure he still has it- been awhile.)

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on February 01, 2017, 07:43:51 PM

Doc is the man, man.  :D

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on February 02, 2017, 04:12:32 PM
Doc is the man, man.  :D

nope..he has actually gotten pretty bad this year with some of his shit during broadcasts..

Taco Bell

Time for Chicago to get their shit back on track.

Not surprised Iggy came out and said he wants out of Colorado. That team is a dumpster fire.

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on February 02, 2017, 04:18:31 PM
nope..he has actually gotten pretty bad this year with some of his shit during broadcasts..

To be honest I haven't watched much hockey this year.  Maybe caught one game with him.  Anyway, he did some Pirates exhibition games last year because he'a a huge fan of them and hinted he'd like to do baseball.  I'd love for him to call some more Prates games this year.  8)