• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dyatlov Pass / Russian Yeti?

Started by zeebo, June 09, 2014, 01:03:57 AM

zeebo

Anyone see the Animal Planet show called "Russian Yeti: the Killer Lives"?  I've been curious about the Dyatlov Pass incident for a long time so this show which makes the case it was a Yeti attack caught my attention.

I don't know what to make of it.  Some of it seems legit, but some seems to have a contrived "reality show" air to it.  And the lame sensationalistic dramatizations do not give one confidence. 

However I'm still curious about some of the evidence they show which I didn't know before like the secret Russian program to find the Yeti which was oddly cancelled the same month as the Dyatlov hikers incident, and also the purported newly released photo by one of the hikers of a possible Yeti stalking them.

What do you guys think?

b_dubb

Is this the same channel that made that fake documentary about the mermen/aquatic ape that was 100% bullshit?  Yeah. Safe bet that's also 100% bull.

Grov505th

Quote from: b_dubb on June 09, 2014, 01:00:23 PM
Is this the same channel that made that fake documentary about the mermen/aquatic ape that was 100% bullshit?  Yeah. Safe bet that's also 100% bull.

I was thinking the same thing.....I tried watching it, but just couldn't get into it.

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on June 09, 2014, 01:00:23 PM

This to me seemed more like a real thing, although some was obviously dramatized (they admit that at the end). 

But some stuff seemed legit like the people they interviewed and places they went and some footage they showed.  Still it seemed kind of staged with maybe some timely yeti howls dubbed in at appropriate moments.

onan

Quote from: zeebo on June 09, 2014, 11:46:07 PM
This to me seemed more like a real thing, although some was obviously dramatized (they admit that at the end). 

But some stuff seemed legit like the people they interviewed and places they went and some footage they showed.  Still it seemed kind of staged with maybe some timely yeti howls dubbed in at appropriate moments.

Nobody knows, huh?

I guess my question is: why no yeti hair or skin in the hands of the dead people? If some critter was kicking my ass, I can assure you he would have a memory of his time spent with me. Not that I am some kind of bad ass, I'm not even close to that. But I would sure as hell have stuck a thumb in yeti's eye.

bigchucka

Quote from: onan on June 10, 2014, 02:51:21 AM
Nobody knows, huh?

I guess my question is: why no yeti hair or skin in the hands of the dead people? If some critter was kicking my ass, I can assure you he would have a memory of his time spent with me. Not that I am some kind of bad ass, I'm not even close to that. But I would sure as hell have stuck a thumb in yeti's eye.

While screaming "Gigantopithecus...  I raped it... I killed it... I murdered it's children..."?

onan

Quote from: bigchucka on June 10, 2014, 02:56:40 AM
While screaming "Gigantopithecus...  I raped it... I killed it... I murdered it's children..."?

Well more like shitting my pants, but yeah that is the idea.

b_dubb

Quote from: bigchucka on June 10, 2014, 02:56:40 AM
Don't fuck around with a yeti. You get a chance to kill it you do it. Don't give it a chance to pop your head like a zit

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on June 10, 2014, 04:19:58 AM
Don't fuck around with a yeti. You get a chance to kill it you do it. Don't give it a chance to pop your head like a zit

This is seriously good yeti advice.  Sure we'd all like some scientific evidence, but I prefer my cranium unpopped.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 09, 2014, 01:03:57 AM
Anyone see the Animal Planet show called "Russian Yeti: the Killer Lives"?  I've been curious about the Dyatlov Pass incident for a long time so this show which makes the case it was a Yeti attack caught my attention.

I don't know what to make of it.  Some of it seems legit, but some seems to have a contrived "reality show" air to it.  And the lame sensationalistic dramatizations do not give one confidence. 

However I'm still curious about some of the evidence they show which I didn't know before like the secret Russian program to find the Yeti which was oddly cancelled the same month as the Dyatlov hikers incident, and also the purported newly released photo by one of the hikers of a possible Yeti stalking them.

What do you guys think?
No, but I aim too. Just for fun. I actually no a person who was fooled by their (I think it was also Animal Planet) who made a fake documentary about the Megaladon shark (like a huge Great White shark that used to exist.) It was actually pretty good show and some people believed it- at least for a while. If Yeti is as good, it will be worth checking out.
Having said that the whole episode sort of turned me off Animal Planet because I thought it was a legit nature channel so let kid relatives watch. Then turns out they make stuff up all the time.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 10, 2014, 05:43:32 PM
No, but I aim too. Just for fun. I actually no a person who was fooled by their (I think it was also Animal Planet) who made a fake documentary about the Megaladon shark (like a huge Great White shark that used to exist.) It was actually pretty good show and some people believed it- at least for a while. If Yeti is as good, it will be worth checking out.
Having said that the whole episode sort of turned me off Animal Planet because I thought it was a legit nature channel so let kid relatives watch. Then turns out they make stuff up all the time.

Yep it sucks that the lines are blurring between Animal Planet and SyFy.  I hope this doesn't mean Sharktopus isn't real.  :(

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 10, 2014, 08:18:38 PM
Yep it sucks that the lines are blurring between Animal Planet and SyFy.  I hope this doesn't mean Sharktopus isn't real.  :(
Speaking of the Megalodon or Sharktopus: you see this story about a large Great White disappearing and presumed eaten?!
http://tinyurl.com/pj9467c

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 11, 2014, 10:19:39 AM
Speaking of the Megalodon or Sharktopus: you see this story about a large Great White disappearing and presumed eaten?!
http://tinyurl.com/pj9467c

Wow that was pretty unsettling actually, something big enough to munch down a 9-foot great white for a snack. 

Grov505th

Quote from: zeebo on June 11, 2014, 12:58:04 PM
Wow that was pretty unsettling actually, something big enough to munch down a 9-foot great white for a snack.

I think I read on I fucking love science that it might have been a 16 foot great white........also didn't one of the guys on BellGab interview someone about Dyatlov pass?

Bateman from Dark weekend maybe?

zeebo

Quote from: Grov505th on June 12, 2014, 06:55:26 PM
I think I read on I fucking love science that it might have been a 16 foot great white........also didn't one of the guys on BellGab interview someone about Dyatlov pass?

Bateman from Dark weekend maybe?

Yes Knapp had a great show with Keith McCloskey like six mos. ago, and DW had the same guest on like a week after that, and of course as usual was a great interview as well.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2013/11/17

https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/keith-mccloskey-discusses-his

albrecht

Quote from: Grov505th on June 12, 2014, 06:55:26 PM
I think I read on I fucking love science that it might have been a 16 foot great white........
I haven't heard any updates but the report I saw made it seem that the shark was almost swallowed whole and then whatever it was quickly descended very deeply.

Grov505th

I will try and find the article when I get to where I am heading. I am sitting in Kuwait and only have my kindle to post with

Grov505th

Quote from: albrecht on June 14, 2014, 02:54:15 PM
I haven't heard any updates but the report I saw made it seem that the shark was almost swallowed whole and then whatever it was quickly descended very deeply.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/massive-sea-creature-attacks-kills-and-eats-3-meter-long-great-white-shark

here is the link to the article I was talking about.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 09, 2014, 01:03:57 AM

What do you guys think?
I accidentally posted this in the Bigfoot! forum but, I guess since they are cousins, it is ok. Here is my take.
I watched "The Yeti: The Killer Lives". Another one of those fake documentary from Discovery channel. It mixes the real mystery of the Dvatalov Pass incident and surmises Yeti involvement. The good: the Russian translator chick is pretty cute (what is her real name, I assume an actress although she couldn't really act she was nice to look at), the scenery is beautiful, and its short (or seemed short.) The bad: fake, and -like almost all "sightings" the pictures used as evidence are blurry. That professor guy from Idaho State (Bigfoot expert) was in it. Not sure if the others were real or faked. Not worth watching unless your fairly bored. The Dvatalov Pass/Yeti is a good premise but needs to be done as a real movie and less "reality" and "found/old footage" stuff and better actors.