Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on November 04, 2016, 08:14:17 PM
you are far too optimistic..and he was awful..he needed a new producer

but he is too stubborn to do whats needed to get himself back on the air

hes to damn cheap too

Nobody

Quote from: theONE on November 03, 2016, 01:09:29 AM
perhaps now he will share some revenue with Keith on a% basis, better than nothing for Keith
apparently Heather is barely braking even

Has anyone on the board ever posted the break-even point figures for DMDN?  As in: they need X number of subscribers, minimum, at $5 each to both pay operating expenses and pay Keith for his time?

trostol

Quote from: Nobody on November 04, 2016, 08:46:36 PM
Has anyone on the board ever posted the break-even point figures for DMDN?  As in: they need X number of subscribers, minimum, at $5 each to both pay operating expenses and pay Keith for his time?

first off..great avatar lol

i am not sure Keith needs that much to keep DMDN running really..everything but MITD is pre recorded

Nobody

Quote from: trostol on November 04, 2016, 08:52:44 PM
first off..great avatar lol

i am not sure Keith needs that much to keep DMDN running really..everything but MITD is pre recorded

True, the production costs are likely to be fairly low.  What I am less clear on is what they are spending on licensing fees for the bumper music.

If I remember correctly (I am going strictly off memory here), before Art went on the air last year his then-producer (Producer Paul, perhaps?) posted on the MITD website about the music licensing fees. The fees were little short of obscene, especially considering the fact that show rarely plays more than ~30 seconds of a given song.

The problem was that, expensive or not, Art was unwilling to do the show without the bumper music.

Of course, the licensing fee was based on the number of listeners and, back in June of 2015, the number of listeners seemed likely to grow exponentially in a very short time.  Fast-forward to November of 2016, however, and it could mean that if MITD has, say, 200 listeners left, the licensing fees could well be next to nothing at this point; I'm not sure.

Perhaps someone who was paying closer attention at the time can give us a good breakdown of the licensing fee structure?

(Oh, and: Mr. Badger thanks you for your compliment.)  ;)

JesusJuice

Quote from: Nobody on November 04, 2016, 09:42:55 PM

... Fast-forward to November of 2016, however, and it could mean that if MITD has, say, 200 listeners left, ...

She's somehow averaging about 1,200 listeners each night.

http://live1.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com:8303/

Nobody

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 04, 2016, 09:57:02 PM

Ah, well, you see, I had Hoagland helping me with the math on that one.  :(

(Needless to say, that's the last time I ask him for any assistance.)

Anyway, thank you for posting that; now we know the real deal.  :)

theONE

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 04, 2016, 09:57:02 PM

Quote from: Nobody on November 04, 2016, 10:07:08 PM
Thank you for posting that; now we know the real deal.  :)

are the 1200 listeners all paid subscribers, or mixed bunch??
JJ do you know ?

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on November 04, 2016, 07:40:23 PM
Along the China stuff he claimed there was some secret deal between Obama and China so that they wouldn't disclose the arcologies and glass domes. It involved a carrot given during a meeting and the naming of the mission or vehicle China was sending to Mars or moon or something. Very bizarre.

Thank you I'd forgotten the details, esp. the carrot lol! 

TigerLily

I'm back in my old habit of listening to Art archives every night. I especially enjoy the predictions. One guy, last name Turi who says he is 100% correct on all predictions, just predicted the  O.J. jury will find him guilty.
Ah. Make that 99% accurate  ;)

Are you guys still listening to Hoagie replays?

Morgus

Quote from: TigerLily on November 05, 2016, 12:33:30 AM
One guy, last name Turi who says he is 100% correct on all predictions, just predicted the  O.J. jury will find him guilty.
That must have been Louis Turi?
He has been a guest on with Noory in more recent years, always making very vague predictions.

comaphobe

Quote from: TigerLily on November 05, 2016, 12:33:30 AM
I'm back in my old habit of listening to Art archives every night. I especially enjoy the predictions. One guy, last name Turi who says he is 100% correct on all predictions, just predicted the  O.J. jury will find him guilty.

Are you guys still listening to Hoagie replays?

i have been listening to U7 all night. they just played the jill fax/area 51 pilot thing, possibly my favorite call of all time.

comaphobe

i remember when silvia browne predicted the maple leafs to win the stanley cup in 2002 or 2003.

TigerLily

Now it's Art and Michio

Yes, Morgus. Louis Turi. Guess after the O.J. debacle he must have learned to be vague to get back to 100%

GravitySucks

Quote from: comaphobe on November 05, 2016, 12:45:31 AM
i remember when silvia browne predicted the maple leafs to win the stanley cup in 2002 or 2003.

Maybe in another 2003

Morgus

On tonight's rerun, Hoagie is going on about Star Trek and his pal Gene Roddenberry again.

TigerLily

Quote from: Morgus on November 05, 2016, 01:03:24 AM
On tonight's rerun, Hoagie is going on about Star Trek and his pal Gene Roddenberry again.

I love Star Trek but Hoagie ... nope. Not after listening to Art for the last half hour

Morgus

Another internet show I've found at this hour is that the KGRA stream often replays one of Linda Howe's Phenomenon shows.
Its on right now.
http://www.kgraradio.com/

Norm

Quote from: Morgus on November 05, 2016, 01:08:22 AM
Another internet show I've found at this hour is that the KGRA stream often replays one of Linda Howe's Phenomenon shows.
Its on right now.

Good find! thanks!

akwilly

Quote from: Morgus on November 05, 2016, 01:08:22 AM
Its on right now.
will check it out. thanks Morgus

Soylentblue

Quote from: ShayP on November 04, 2016, 02:45:01 PM
"Technical details"  LOL!  This stuff really isn't that hard.  I'm thinking Hoagie burned one too many bridges.  Although I do have a feeling that he'll do anything to be broadcasting right before the election, or on the day of.  He better get going then.  Only a few days left.

Let's not forget that Hoagie predicted many times that there would NOT be an election with Hilary Clinton, that something would happen so that she would not be in the race.

Maybe he's doing a Major Ed Dames and will be hiding for the next seven years because his prediction didn't come true?

laserjock

You guys are all pretty mean. I wonder how fantastic your own careers are and what foibles you've committed. Richard is pretty good, if he wasn't you wouldn't even be here. This poo poo party of everybody dumping on others is sad.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: comaphobe on November 05, 2016, 12:45:31 AM

She also said Art was going to write more books. He never did.

Hi folks.

theONE

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 05, 2016, 09:36:22 AM

Hi folks.

were you on the weight loosing hiatus? 

trostol

Quote from: laserjock on November 05, 2016, 07:53:03 AM
You guys are all pretty mean. I wonder how fantastic your own careers are and what foibles you've committed. Richard is pretty good, if he wasn't you wouldn't even be here. This poo poo party of everybody dumping on others is sad.

except he's not and a fraud

theONE

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 05, 2016, 09:36:22 AM

Hi folks.

Actually he did -it is called: "How I fucked everybody at midnight in the desert"

He is doing final touches and it will be published soon as a hard-cover edition ,
he dedicated this book to love of his life (Redacted) Heather Wade

[attachment deleted by admin]