Totality from Carbondale Illnois.

starrmtn001

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 21, 2017, 01:26:43 PM

Awesome pics, WhiteCrow, thank you very much! :-* ;D

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on August 21, 2017, 01:26:43 PM

Awesome. I got to see a partiality with the pin-hole camera. Nothing to post or write home about. What happened to the ECLIPSE 2017 thread? It seems to have disappeared like the Eclipse itself! The search function "finds" it but when I clicked on the link it said "not available."  :o

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2017, 02:52:25 PM
Awesome. I got to see a partiality with the pin-hole camera. Nothing to post or write home about. What happened to the ECLIPSE 2017 thread? It seems to have disappeared like the Eclipse itself! The search function "finds" it but when I clicked on the link it said, "not available."  :o

ECLIPSE 2017, who started the thread, is zaza.  MV banned him and, apparently, his thread.

PRAISE, MV!   ;D

albrecht

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 21, 2017, 02:56:08 PM
ECLIPSE 2017, who started the thread is zaza .  MV banned him and, apparently, his thread.

PRAISE, MV!   ;D
Ah. It was a good thread though.
Praise MV!

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2017, 02:57:07 PM
Ah. It was a good thread though.
Praise MV!
Yes, surprisingly, it was.

K_Dubb

I timed it about right, starting the whole Brunnhilde's immolation scene at 10, but it didn't get very dark.  There was a noticeable diminution in the sun's heat, howeverâ€"a palpable chill.  I kept an eye on the south wall of the house for Hoagie's shadow waves, but didn't see a thing.

=Schlyder=

The chicken didn't see it's shadow,  so 8 more weeks of summer.   All Hail Landru. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2017, 03:27:20 PM
I timed it about right, starting the whole Brunnhilde's immolation scene at 10, but it didn't get very dark.  There was a noticeable diminution in the sun's heat, howeverâ€"a palpable chill.  I kept an eye on the south wall of the house for Hoagie's shadow waves, but didn't see a thing.

Did you feel any hyperdimension physics?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 21, 2017, 03:59:21 PM
Did you feel any hyperdimension physics?

That's what it was!  And I thought it was on account of a surfeit of very ripe yellow plums last night.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2017, 04:03:18 PM
That's what it was!  And I thought it was on account of a surfeit of very ripe yellow plums last night.

An un-calibrated broken watch would shed more light on that... Literally.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2017, 03:27:20 PM
Good job in timing! You needed to be in an area of totality and hold your broken watch at a 19.5 angle. I also note you are not wearing the "Miami Circle*" medallion they hawked a few decades. That could've been the problem.

*some experts thought it was just an old septic system, not some ancient Indian sacred place.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Good job in timing! You needed to be in an area of totality and hold your broken watch at a 19.5 angle. I also note you are not wearing the "Miami Circle*" medallion they hawked a few decades. That could've been the problem.

*some experts thought it was just an old septic system, not some ancient Indian sacred place.

Oh shame on me, I gave not a moment's thought to pendantry, and I have some good ones, appealing to old gods and new.

I had despaired of actually capturing the eclipse on my iphone when I noticed what may be an image, not in the sun itself, which is still too bright, but in the I don't know what you call it pink and blue flare thing that appears to the side, once in the pink and once in the blue, strangely.  Taking several pictures of the sun just now, the pink and blue show up perfectly circular.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 21, 2017, 05:06:40 PM
Oh shame on me, I gave not a moment's thought to pendantry, and I have some good ones, appealing to old gods and new.

I had despaired of actually capturing the eclipse on my iphone when I noticed what may be an image, not in the sun itself, which is still too bright, but in the I don't know what you call it pink and blue flare thing that appears to the side, once in the pink and once in the blue, strangely.  Taking several pictures of the sun just now, the pink and blue show up perfectly circular.

Strange. Obvious coloration caused by chemtrails or they are orbs or UFOs.
Sun Dogs or 22Degree Halo? But odd coloring.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22%C2%B0_halo

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 21, 2017, 05:22:20 PM
Strange. Obvious coloration caused by chemtrails or they are orbs or UFOs.
Sun Dogs or 22Degree Halo? But odd coloring.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22%C2%B0_halo

Oh I am sure they exist entirely within the tiny little camera as the light bounces off the parts, but in nearly every picture of the sun I took I can find a thing that corresponds roughly to the degree of occultation I expected at that time.  Only the orientation is off on a lot of them, with the bite coming at odd angles.

Reminds me of any of the thousands of ufo pictures I've seen:  if you want to see something weird, you'll see it if you look close enough.

Juan

Lens flare, though there's no fun in that.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on August 21, 2017, 06:01:14 PM
Lens flare, though there's no fun in that.
Hold it there. WHY are our lenses allowed to 'flare?' Does the guvmint force mfgs to put that "flaw" in them so that we couldn't photograph Niburu, UFOs, secret bases on the moon, crystal domes on the moon, or Chemtrails during this suspicious eclipse event? Or could they been caused by light deflection and defraction from crystal domes on the moon?

I also experienced the total eclipse and it's effect on everything around me.  What sucks is the eclipse went fine up til it was like 90-95% covered and then a big cloud blocked it afterwards.  The whole area got quite dark like it is just after sunset.  That only lasted for about 2 minutes and then it started getting lighter.  We were in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Blairsville, GA.  It was very eerie and the geese flew back to their nighttime home and the crickets were chirping like it was night.  I'm glad we were there but I wish the fucking clouds had cooperated a little more. 10 minutes more is all I wanted.  Oh well, there is always 2024.

Hog

And 2024 starts in Mexico cuts up the US and through the Great Lakes region.  I'm in the 100% obscuration area for 2024, though maximum eclipse is in Mexico.

I had some excellent viewing using a number 18 welders glass. My area only got to 73.9% today.

peace
Hog

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 21, 2017, 09:39:44 PM
I wish the fucking clouds had cooperated a little more

"An Inconvenient Cloud"

I drove 867.6 miles today to get 100% obscuration with 0% cloud cover. It was better than sex. Pics later, I'm wrung out.

Quote from: Jackstar on August 21, 2017, 10:33:01 PM
"An Inconvenient Cloud"

I drove 867.6 miles today to get 100% obscuration with 0% cloud cover. It was better than sex. Pics later, I'm wrung out.

I only drove 50 miles.  There were also clouds elsewhere in the Southeast though some cities and rural areas managed to get lucky.  We just had bad luck.  Thunderstorms build up over the mountains in the afternoon during summer.  That is just the way it is. You win some and lose some.  Next one will be in April, 2024 so it is unlikely that will happen anywhere in the South. Maybe a stalled front but we will have plenty of warning if such is the case.

Zetaspeak

A lot of things get over-rated, this is NOT one of those times. It was a great experience.

Lilith

Quote from: Zetaspeak on August 21, 2017, 11:19:51 PM
A lot of things get over-rated, this is NOT one of those times. It was a great experience.

I agree.  I got a great show from the sky even here in NewYork State.  The thought of so many people experiencing the same thing up in the sky at the same time actually gave me goosebumps.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 21, 2017, 10:38:10 PM
I only drove 50 miles.  There were also clouds elsewhere in the Southeast though some cities and rural areas managed to get lucky.  We just had bad luck. 

What have you done, to anger Jesus so?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 21, 2017, 10:38:10 PM
I only drove 50 miles.

You really are a huge pussy.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on August 21, 2017, 11:19:51 PM
It was a great experience.

I am forever transformed, like I was when I saw the proof that Hillary lied about Benghazi and that she stole the election from Bernie.