• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

mikuthing01

Quote from: JesusJuice on July 20, 2016, 08:33:50 PM

It's a hologram that people pay money to see live in concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoTd918zhZc

The live concerts were expensive and hard to put on so they don't do them anymore, at least not int he states they might still do it in japan.

akwilly

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 20, 2016, 08:51:13 PM
The live concerts were expensive and hard to put on so they don't do them anymore, at least not int he states they might still do it in japan.
lol you remind me of Kruger from Archer

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 20, 2016, 08:21:08 PM
It annoys me when people think Miku Hatsune is from Anime

Ok, it might not be FROM anime, but it IS anime

mikuthing01

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 20, 2016, 10:10:46 PM
Ok, it might not be FROM anime, but it IS anime

There was never an anime made about her just some animated music videos to promote artists who use her vocal software.

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 20, 2016, 10:14:53 PM
There was never an anime made about her just some animated music videos to promote artists who use her vocal software.

That's why it's not FROM anime

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 02, 2016, 06:16:24 PM
Listening to the final episode of Prarie Home Companion. President Obama calls in and GK is all up into kissing his ass. This show and its political jelly filling jumped the shark years ago. Good riddance!

Listened to it since the beginning .You are right. I had been PBS Sunday Morning listening and all the Sunday  Morning 9am till 2pm is one One Obama hiney frenching after another.

Someone got these four together and thought, 'let's remake Ghostbusters.  How could that not be funny'.

pate

I happen to use U//berTubes (\\) as my churh eyna-gyne, if I type in the following pharasee:  |hayseeds make big stink, newsreal blank and tight film media| I expect thus as a result (sp):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxcl6nnMjUU

I am sadly disappointed..

Not Sure Hawaii?

Hautex

I may be all alone in this, but here goes... Television is a big part of my life since I refuse to drive on the pain regiment the VA has me on. BUT, I have just stopped watching another series I thought was scifi because it is a veiled political opinion program: Braindead... I am sick and tired of politics bleeding into my entertainment. I've stopped watching John Oliver, who used to be funny, but has devolved into 1 sided politics, Colbert, Bill Maher, and John Stewart suck (in my opinion) and you have to wonder who is really behind them. Rush was funny when he did the updates, (Michael Jackson, Condoms, etc), but he is run by the McLaughlin report group and out of my world. Politics also includes the new rule that every show has a mandatory homosexual relationship, whether it fits into the story or not. I admit, I'm a grumpy old man, but being raised in the 60's free love movement and having lovingly attended the same sex marriages of friends and family, I feel that networks sacrificing quality to be more politically correct is bullshit. Now, not only are the school systems depended on to primarily tell kids what's right or wrong, but  tv shows are depended on to do it also. Parents need to be parents, dammit, or all we can look forward to are brain numbed programmed clones... Thank God I won't get outta this life alive...none of us will for that matter

coaster

So about once a week since my mother passed, I have had these jehovahs show up. My mom wasnt even jehovah. So this lady is a little old black lady and shes really sweet, so I can never get the nerve up to tell her that I'm not interested. Just listened to her talk for an hour and show me bible videos on her tablet. She said she will be back saturday afternoon. Thats my gardening while drunk time. Ugh....
If there is a God, I hope he realizes that I'm really trying to be nice here, but its starting to rub me the wrong way.

Juan

I learned to say "I don't speak English " in Serbo-Croatian.  That ends lots of conversations.

Quote from: coaster on July 27, 2016, 10:01:53 AM
So about once a week since my mother passed, I have had these jehovahs show up. My mom wasnt even jehovah. So this lady is a little old black lady and shes really sweet, so I can never get the nerve up to tell her that I'm not interested. Just listened to her talk for an hour and show me bible videos on her tablet. She said she will be back saturday afternoon. Thats my gardening while drunk time. Ugh....
If there is a God, I hope he realizes that I'm really trying to be nice here, but its starting to rub me the wrong way.

Just tell her very kindly that you aren't interested.  It is a waste of her time and yours and while you appreciate her concern, you are not interested in becoming a JW.  Go out for the afternoon on Saturday.

Gruntled

Quote from: coaster on July 27, 2016, 10:01:53 AM
Hey Coaster, glad you're back in form.
I just tell the JW people, politely, that I totally happy with my religious beliefs and I hope they are too.
This makes for a quick and pleasant parting.

albrecht

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on July 25, 2016, 04:06:10 PM
I may be all alone in this, but here goes... Television is a big part of my life since I refuse to drive on the pain regiment the VA has me on. BUT, I have just stopped watching another series I thought was scifi because it is a veiled political opinion program: Braindead... I am sick and tired of politics bleeding into my entertainment. I've stopped watching John Oliver, who used to be funny, but has devolved into 1 sided politics, Colbert, Bill Maher, and John Stewart suck (in my opinion) and you have to wonder who is really behind them. Rush was funny when he did the updates, (Michael Jackson, Condoms, etc), but he is run by the McLaughlin report group and out of my world. Politics also includes the new rule that every show has a mandatory homosexual relationship, whether it fits into the story or not. I admit, I'm a grumpy old man, but being raised in the 60's free love movement and having lovingly attended the same sex marriages of friends and family, I feel that networks sacrificing quality to be more politically correct is bullshit. Now, not only are the school systems depended on to primarily tell kids what's right or wrong, but  tv shows are depended on to do it also. Parents need to be parents, dammit, or all we can look forward to are brain numbed programmed clones... Thank God I won't get outta this life alive...none of us will for that matter
Go to Amazon and search for HD-TV antenna for less than $10 you can find some. Now, I forget what state you live in but generally if you are near a town, or in one and you have a HD-TV (if you don't you will need to get a slightly more expensive converter plus attenna) you plug it into your tv and scan channels (put it up as high as you can in a window, ideally) and you will get free OTA channels. Several stations just play good tv shows and movies: MeTV, RetroTV, GRIT, COZI, and others. Lots of westerns, dramas, and comedies that were good and had good writing and actors you will recognize, unlike the tv today not just vehicles for social experimentation and 'change' or trying to get ratings by being 'edgy' and trying to beat the other programs for the most violence or perversion.
ps: if in rural area you might not be able to pull them in but if you have internet youtube and various sites have lots of old movies and shows on them. And, of course, there is always radio and OTR stuff out there.

ItsOver

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on July 25, 2016, 04:06:10 PM
You're not alone.  You're dead on.  A person who thinks for themselves can see we're surrounded with corrupt MSM and propganda machines which masquerade as crap "entertainment" for the sheeple.

Thank goodness for OTA TV and classic shows and movies.

pate

I goggle "mmm annoying bob, mm..." and get this abshoe flutely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_cI3kYYhM

Day ZeydAliaEmPoth (prime, eleven-fith):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEyluHxD6o

Dork, Sayid.

Indeed...

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 27, 2016, 01:45:47 PM
Just tell her very kindly that you aren't interested.  It is a waste of her time and yours and while you appreciate her concern, you are not interested in becoming a JW.  Go out for the afternoon on Saturday.
You are so wise. :)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 05, 2016, 05:43:16 PM
You're not alone.  You're dead on.  A person who thinks for themselves can see we're surrounded with corrupt MSM and propganda machines which masquerade as crap "entertainment" for the sheeple.

Thank goodness for OTA TV and classic shows and movies.
100%. Even if I have to sit through the countless ads for supplemental insurance, burial plot insurance, and various medical supplements and flip through the many Spanish channels, the classic movies and TV shows are so much better than almost all of the modern stuff. For less than $10, if you live near a major city, you can get good, quality entertainment.

And now even things like live sporting events are more about some "social justice," political correctness, or sappy back-stories of odds over-come.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on August 06, 2016, 04:58:27 PM
100%. Even if I have to sit through the countless ads for supplemental insurance, burial plot insurance, and various medical supplements and flip through the many Spanish channels, the classic movies and TV shows are so much better than almost all of the modern stuff. For less than $10, if you live near a major city, you can get good, quality entertainment.

And now even things like live sporting events are more about some "social justice," political correctness, or sappy back-stories of odds over-come.
another reason not to watch the WNBA.

thenugget31

queue jumpers annoy me
so do woolly jumpers
and bungee jumpers

People speaking loudly on phones in confined spaces e.g trains - when they know everyone is listening and they
talk about stuff to try and impress people such as talking about how their yacht is in for repairs or something..

People who laugh suddenly whilst looking at their phone when you're sitting in a doctors surgery and then keep doing it -
especially if you're suffering from anxiety problems.

Cicadas - the most annoying insects in the world.

ShayP

I'm listening to my sports talk radio station and all of a sudden they start playing some commercials strictly in Spanish.   >:(