• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: Canadagoose on January 28, 2012, 01:12:55 PM
I heard George Noory is coming to Canada

Are they building a luxury studio for him there too?  ???

Scully

It's amazing that I remember this guy so well, but I do.  The name sounded vaguely familiar and the fact that he is the Canadian guy who filled in for George ONCE tells me he is one and the same host I thought was so great, and PRAYED would be back.

It's like Premrat/George deliberately torture us lowly listeners on purpose.   :P

Well...what do we think?
Syrett is definitely better than Jorch, and doesn't have the gravelly grating voice of John B. Frankenstein!
I give him a thumb's up! BTW, George Noory SUCKS! 

gx2music

dissapointing..   syrett is a good guy and covers some interesting topics on his own show, but here he is on C2C under the Noory thumb covering non-interesting horror magazines..  jesus h christ... i gave up after 5 minutes.

Morgus

Syrett is reportedly a Noory protege.
That alone is a reason to be concerned.

I just listened to the last two hours of open lines....Wow...seems like ALL of the crazies were out.
Could the screeners have been setting him up for failure?
There were a lot of incoherent and drunk people complaining about waiting for forty minutes before getting on the air. Some people try every night and never make it!
He seemed a little off. Maybe he nervous, making it to the big leagues? 
Still better than Wells.
Oh...and George Noory Sucks!

Morgus

Wasn't Rob Simone available?

Birdie

I enjoyed the first half of the show. The second half of open lines was awful, but I think that was due to the horrible callers. Overall, I think he did a good job of cutting off and shutting down the ones who needed it, answering questions and keeping the show rolling along, despite the calls he was handed.

Nebraska888

I enjoyed the program.......even though most of us have already been inundated with the Twilight Zone stuff. 

If Syrett stays away from CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND GRAB YER' GUNS, FIND A BUNKER, YOUR PHONES ARE TAPPED, ETC..ETC...

I'll continue to listen.  However, if he goes the way of Wells......it's back to a good old Saturday night movie.

laserjock

I am listening right now, he's pretty good, and I agree, a lot of incoherent callers that should have been screened out, or he should have done it the Bell way, proclaimed unscreened calls and cut off the idiots.  Snow that won't melt?  My ass!  He was very nice to those callers, I respect his decorum, but a lot of fruit loops called in.

He might have a problem because a lot of listeners are paranoid schizophrenics caught up in their desperate little minds that everything is a conspiracy, and Richard seems to not subscribe to that bent, thank God.  He's gonna need to have a number of shows and better screeners, and a better guest, I don't care for horror movies, for me, they suck, but he handled the show well.

This guy is asking why no sound from mars rovers.  Hah.  If there is next to no atmosphere, how is there going to be sound?  The surface pressure of the atmosphere is 0.6% of Earth's pressure.  I don't see how there would be much sound.  If there is, I'd like to hear it too.

wr250

Quote from: laserjock on February 02, 2014, 07:56:03 AM
I am listening right now, he's pretty good, and I agree, a lot of incoherent callers that should have been screened out, or he should have done it the Bell way, proclaimed unscreened calls and cut off the idiots.  Snow that won't melt?  My ass!  He was very nice to those callers, I respect his decorum, but a lot of fruit loops called in.

He might have a problem because a lot of listeners are paranoid schizophrenics caught up in their desperate little minds that everything is a conspiracy, and Richard seems to not subscribe to that bent, thank God.  He's gonna need to have a number of shows and better screeners, and a better guest, I don't care for horror movies, for me, they suck, but he handled the show well.

This guy is asking why no sound from mars rovers.  Hah.  If there is next to no atmosphere, how is there going to be sound?  The surface pressure of the atmosphere is 0.6% of Earth's pressure.  I don't see how there would be much sound.  If there is, I'd like to hear it too.

yea people take lighters to a  snowball and no water drips off the snowball, and "the snowball turns black and smells of plastic" . well duh your putting a flame on it, the water boils off and the soot from the flame collects on the snow. the plastic smell is the lighter overheating. they then show an ice cube for comparison. well the ice cube is far more compact than snow, and will leave water behind. their methods leave much to be desired.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-fake-snow-burning-snow.3026/

Morgus

I remember one of the Mars landing probes carried an audio microphone for sound testing there.
But it might have been on one of the probes that crashed?

EBE123

He mentioned how difficult it is to "separate the wheat from the chaff" when it comes to Kennedy assassination theories. The way he said it reminded me of Knapp. lol

BobBlahBlah

What about when he opens his show by saying that in Canada they don't sell milk by the jug, but by the bag? Ummmmm, wrong! Only jugs here....lol

Anyway, what a weird way to start a show.

smitty9999

Quote from: BobBlahBlah on February 03, 2014, 11:30:09 AM
What about when he opens his show by saying that in Canada they don't sell milk by the jug, but by the bag? Ummmmm, wrong! Only jugs here....lol

Anyway, what a weird way to start a show.

I'm in Toronto, so is Richard, lots of bags o milk 'round these parts.

VtaGeezer

A Canadian Noory; just a tad sharper.  Perpetually nice but humorless. No inquisitiveness or skepticism. A Canadian ragging on American issues, conspiracies and politics is just about the last thing I want to hear on C2C.  And his voice is irritating.

I lived in Ottawa in the 80s. I'd forgotten the milk in plastic bags and the special pitcher.

conbrio

Hmmm. seems that I am in the minority with this guy, maybe I should give him another chance and not shut him off after the first 10 mins. I still think he needs a little education about his own Country. Try moving out of Toronto.

Nebraska888

Quote from: conbrio on February 05, 2014, 12:41:56 PM
Hmmm. seems that I am in the minority with this guy, maybe I should give him another chance and not shut him off after the first 10 mins. I still think he needs a little education about his own Country. Try moving out of Toronto.

Yes, you might want to give him another "listen".  Like I said, if he starts going CONSPIRACY WACKO.....then I'm done.  If he is able to stay with the unusual, strange, paranormal, unexplained, sci-fi, etc......I'll listen.

BobBlahBlah

Quote from: conbrio on February 05, 2014, 12:41:56 PM

I'll give him another listen. I'm still a George Knapp fan though.

What works really well crushing Torontonians in any argument - mentioning these two names together  1) Rob   2) Ford

Works every single time.

Nebraska888

Quote from: BobBlahBlah on February 05, 2014, 02:50:34 PM
I'll give him another listen. I'm still a George Knapp fan though.

What works really well crushing Torontonians in any argument - mentioning these two names together  1) Rob   2) Ford

Works every single time.

Absolutely.......KNAPP ROCKS!   

cweb

I missed the airdate, but finally listened to Syrett's last C2C today. The first half was pretty interesting and Richard asked some good questions. Plus the Twilight Zone talk was pretty cool. (Personally, I think the message behind Time Enough At Last is to be careful what you wish for.)

Anyhoo... The second half was a bit off-kilter. Open lines are a great way to get a feel for a host. Richard seemed a bit trigger-happy and was often interrupting callers or trying to cut them off. He needs to slow down and relax. His debate with the woman about JFK was lively enough to make me think he's got more of a pulse than Noory.

Nebraska888

Quote from: cweb on February 05, 2014, 06:28:37 PM
I missed the airdate, but finally listened to Syrett's last C2C today. The first half was pretty interesting and Richard asked some good questions. Plus the Twilight Zone talk was pretty cool. (Personally, I think the message behind Time Enough At Last is to be careful what you wish for.)

Anyhoo... The second half was a bit off-kilter. Open lines are a great way to get a feel for a host. Richard seemed a bit trigger-happy and was often interrupting callers or trying to cut them off. He needs to slow down and relax. His debate with the woman about JFK was lively enough to make me think he's got more of a pulse than Noory.

God yes........Syrett could be compared to a ticking time bomb compared to the lazy, unprepared, dim, and lethargic Noory.

Uncle Duke

Just got to listen to this program, like others I noted a fair number of nutjobs calling during open lines.  My favorite was the next to last caller who has taken it on himself to be the voice of truth to those he meets, to open their eyes to the conspiracies going on in the world.  I have a mental image of this guy sitting next to some poor wino at a Greyhound station preaching to him about the evils of chemtrails and the NWO.

WIll be back this weekend.

Banker Deaths/ Oil Chicanery

Date:

03-15-14

Host:

Richard Syrett

Guests:

Douglas Hagmann, Greg Palast

In the first half of the program, guest host Richard Syrett welcomes investigative author, Douglas Hagmann of the Northeast Intelligence Network, who will discuss the recent spate of mysterious banker deaths around the world. In the latter half, New York Times bestselling author, Greg Palast, will discuss his investigation on the oil industry, the banking industry, and the governmental agencies that aren't regulating either.

From 6-10pm PT, Art Bell: Somewhere in Time journeys back to July 11, 1996, when Art was joined by Graham Hancock, who discusses discoveries about the pyramids at Giza that, if true, would change everything.
Website(s): •homelandsecurityus.com
•gregpalast.com
Book(s): •Vultures' Picnic

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2014/03/15

Jnthn932

What's the deal with this guy? He sounds like he's scared and questions himself after everything he says. Was Schrader too much of a threat?

zeebo

"We have alot to do before we sleep my friends." 

That, I dunno, sounded weird.

yumyumtree

"Miles to go before I sleep".

ItsOver

I was listening to SIT (Art) earlier.  From fine aged scotch to Milquetoast.  PremRat, you suck.  :P

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 15, 2014, 11:49:11 PM
I was listening to SIT (Art) earlier.  From fine aged scotch to Milquetoast.  PremRat, you suck.  :P

Damn 'Over, here I am happily dining on Cheez Whiz, and you remind me of the days of fine Brie.

yumyumtree

This guest is awful. Harping on Bush, what a crank. He's one of these people who thinks that voter fraud and registration fraud doesn't exist--how does he think Al Franken got elected?

I don't know what the big deal about showing ID to is--I had to show, turn over, actually ID to visit somebody in a low income housing building last week.

The story about Obama getting another candidate in Illinois thrown off the ballot is true but I wouldn't call it voter suppression, exactly, it's just hardball politics. According to David Freddoso,  it was things like discrepancies with middle initials in petition signatures.

The officials can't win. If they're  permissive, people complain, perhaps justifiably, about election fraud. If they try to do anything, such as ask for ID, they're accused of voter suppression.