• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2014, 01:30:29 AM
"The war for earth may be going on inside each of us, on an interdimensional level." 

That pretty much describes my typical day.

zeebo

People are kinda down on Syrett, but I gotta give him credit for trying to corral ol' Miller.  But I think at this point he's acknowledged the futility of that, and let loose the reins.  Heading into the break, he said they'll "continue down this path to ... everywhere, all at once."  Haha, well said I think.

Zeebo, you were right. This guy is all over the place.

I wish this guy would quit telling me the end to Interstellar since I'm still waiting to see it.  I keep having to plug my ears.

I'm sorry to say Zeebo, but it sounds like he gets most of his physics from movies and media.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 16, 2014, 02:45:16 AM
I wish this guy would quit telling me the end to Interstellar since I'm still waiting to see it.  I keep having to plug my ears.

I'm sorry to say Zeebo, but it sounds like he gets most of his physics from movies and media.

Him talking about Interstellar is almost as bad as Hoagland going on about John Carter, except I guess people are actually planning to see this one.   (Btw I kept turning it down too since I haven't yet.)  And you may be right about his sources, he just mentioned Mars Attacks. 

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 16, 2014, 02:30:35 AM
That pretty much describes my typical day.

Hope you haven't been hitting those gas station sammiches, they could cause that kind of dimensional distress.

zeebo

Dude just mentioned "I Am The Walrus" as part of his explanation of multiple metaphysical holographic brains.  C'mon, you gotta love this guy, whatever he's talking about.   :P

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2014, 03:11:55 AM
Dude just mentioned "I Am The Walrus" as part of his explanation of multiple metaphysical holographic brains.  C'mon, you gotta love this guy, whatever he's talking about.   :P

You can't not listen to him, I'll give him that :P

Doctor whatever his name made a good point last night.. With all this fat free and low cholesterol food, you'd think Americans would not be 400 pounds. I am with him and plan to eat butter, eggs and pancakes this morning.
As for the other guy last night? My God he is quite the ride.  I feel like I should actually send him a donation for the entertainment he has provided. No matter how many times he is on the show, he gets better.

wr250

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 16, 2014, 05:58:28 AM
Doctor whatever his name made a good point last night.. With all this fat free and low cholesterol food, you'd think Americans would not be 400 pounds. I am with him and plan to eat butter, eggs and pancakes this morning.
As for the other guy last night? My God he is quite the ride.  I feel like I should actually send him a donation for the entertainment he has provided. No matter how many times he is on the show, he gets better.

yes the 2nd guest was batshit crazy.
syrett : "you mean we each have these buckyballs with the ingredients for a neutron bomb inside us ?"
guest : "yes"

zeebo

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 16, 2014, 05:58:28 AM
.... As for the other guy last night? My God he is quite the ride.  I feel like I should actually send him a donation for the entertainment he has provided. No matter how many times he is on the show, he gets better.

R.A. Miller is epic.  I mean he hangs out in Antarctica studying bioluminescent caves and defunct Nazi submarine bases, then he translates the Bible from it's original Hebrew/Greek since he's just good with languages that way, then he works on a holographic model of the universe and how various modes of perception are explained by higher dimensionalities - and that's all when he's not farming organic tomatoes!   ;D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2014, 09:03:11 PM
R.A. Miller is epic.  I mean he hangs out in Antarctica studying bioluminescent caves and defunct Nazi submarine bases, then he translates the Bible from it's original Hebrew/Greek since he's just good with languages that way, then he works on a holographic model of the universe and how various modes of perception are explained by higher dimensionalities - and that's all when he's not farming organic tomatoes!   ;D

Shit.  My daughter married an insurance agent.

[attachimg=1]Heilsa,All!
I'm new to bull-gab(c)after looking around for mr.Syrett's gossip.
I've been looking at other threads for months,but i want to actually enter the thread here for another reason.
I would like to post on in to-morrow's entries,because i'm up against the clock and turn to an organic pumpkin just before midnight.
My intent,here,is to try and ameliorate the apparent criticsm of mr.miller.
To start,I suggest you critics consider looking at his books.
Also,if you really think poorly of him,why not attend an lecture he's giveing with an open mind.
I will say,here,that i made mr.miller's aquaintance many years ago,when he was freshly minted from the east coast schools.
I've dealt with him face-to-face occasionally since then.
I'm not going to damn him with feint praise,but,if you critics want to post specific questions about his general knowlege,not minutae of his c.v. in this thread,i'll try to answer them as best i can.
No kidding.
I'm not familiar with the subtlety of posting here,so bear with me.

Miller is a guest and talking about him now the show is over is at this thread:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7048.msg310946/boardseen.html#new

pate

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on November 18, 2014, 01:35:18 AM
[attachimg=1]Heilsa,All!
I'm new to bull-gab(c)after looking around for mr.Syrett's gossip.
I've been looking at other threads for months,but i want to actually enter the thread here for another reason.
I would like to post on in to-morrow's entries,because i'm up against the clock and turn to an organic pumpkin just before midnight.
My intent,here,is to try and ameliorate the apparent criticsm of mr.miller.
To start,I suggest you critics consider looking at his books.
Also,if you really think poorly of him,why not attend an lecture he's giveing with an open mind.
I will say,here,that i made mr.miller's aquaintance many years ago,when he was freshly minted from the east coast schools.
I've dealt with him face-to-face occasionally since then.
I'm not going to damn him with feint praise,but,if you critics want to post specific questions about his general knowlege,not minutae of his c.v. in this thread,i'll try to answer them as best i can.
No kidding.
I'm not familiar with the subtlety of posting here,so bear with me.

I am not sure (tm) I should be critizicing (sp) anyone....

Anyhow, bear or beard?  Seems to me an important question... Elmo forgit: this symbol, seems important: ?

What's up with this dude getting every Available weekend slot lately.

Schrader has not been on in a long while.

Scully

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 22, 2014, 04:12:27 PM
What's up with this dude getting every Available weekend slot lately.

Schrader has not been on in a long while.

Syrett is Jorch's golden-haired boy.  Schrader is not.  :'(

Edit:  IIRC, Schrader did say he would be hosting Sat., November 29th, but that is always up to the vicissitudes of Premiere's current work of art.

Syrett's last couple interviews weren't bad.  I just don't like it when he starts sharing his completely naive views on the way things work and all the metaphysical stuff.  Most of the subjects he's interested in, or at least his take on them, don't really interest me but when he has a decent guest he does okay.

zeebo

I just can't bear any more JFK conspiracy shows, regardless of host.  Gonna sit this one out.

Quote from: zeebo on November 22, 2014, 10:20:54 PM
I just can't bear any more JFK conspiracy shows, regardless of host.  Gonna sit this one out.

Can't blame you for that.  It's no secret that John Wilkes Booth, acting alone for the first time in his celebrated stage career, killed JFK by firing a magic bullet on 11/22/1863 through a portal that opened on to the Grassy Knoll in 1963. 

The only reason Oswald shot JFK is because he was actually shooting at Jackie and missed.  He was secretly obsessed with her and was enraged because she hadn't acknowledged the birthday cards and deluxe heart shaped Fanny May Valentine's Day chocolate truffle assortments he'd sent her.  And Jack Ruby was just a kook who shot Oswald because he was drunk and somebody dared him to do it.  That's all there is to it.  Anything else is just idle speculation.

DanTSX

Oh boy.  The Canadian dork is back. :-\

Can he go through 15 minutes without mentioning that he is Canadian?

I download some paranormal podcasts frequently.  About 3 of them are Canadian produced.  Syrett might even be one of them ( I don't pay too much attention to who is talking).  And they don't dwell on their Canadianness at all.

Scully

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 22, 2014, 11:10:44 PM

... It's no secret that John Wilkes Booth, acting alone for the first time in his celebrated stage career, killed JFK by firing a magic bullet on 11/22/1863 through a portal that opened on to the Grassy Knoll in 1963. 

The only reason Oswald shot JFK is because he was actually shooting at Jackie and missed.  He was secretly obsessed with her and was enraged because she hadn't acknowledged the birthday cards and deluxe heart shaped Fanny May Valentine's Day chocolate truffle assortments he'd sent her.  And Jack Ruby was just a kook who shot Oswald because he was drunk and somebody dared him to do it.  That's all there is to it.  Anything else is just idle speculation.

Duly noted, and case closed.  ;D

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on November 22, 2014, 10:20:54 PM

Agreed!!!  Enough already!   :o

yumyumtree

I am getting sick of the JFK conspiracy theory stuff too. Now they are treating the Oliver Stone movie like a documentary.

I actually think Limbaugh has it right on this.  He believes that the reason these are such a big industry is that people could not come to terms with the fact that one little Communist schmuck like Oswald could take out a U.S. president, particularly such a great president as Kennedy.  As he points out, most JFK conspiracy theorists are on the left.  It was more comforting to make up elaborate theories, and if these  made people on the right look bad, so much the better.

I don't like this demonizing of "anti- Castro Cubans" either.  Since when do we demonize people who leave totalitarian regimes for a better life in a freer country? 

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 24, 2014, 09:12:42 PM
I am getting sick of the JFK conspiracy theory stuff too. Now they are treating the Oliver Stone movie like a documentary.

I don't like this demonizing of "anti- Castro Cubans" either.  Since when do we demonize people who leave totalitarian egimes for a better life in a freer country?
Interesting point though I cue to forums re: illegal aliens and amnesty.  ;) And also I wonder if disinfo. All this LBJ stuff. Bad or good guy (like Kennedy, MLK Jr, etc) he mightve had "personal piccadilloes" but, crap, if HE wasn't responsible for civil rights, social programs, etc. I think it is more the "right" who are the new JFK conspiracy stuff (and I tend towards right) but now LBJ is seen by these guests as some rightwing wacko n personally did the JFK thing. Its a weird, mixed bag with these theories. "Oil men" and "mob" etc wanted supportnof civil rights bills and war on poverty,  etc. :o

Juan Cena

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 24, 2014, 09:12:42 PM

I actually think Limbaugh has it right on this.  He believes that the reason these are such a big industry is that people could not come to terms with the fact that one little Communist schmuck like Oswald could take out a U.S. president, particularly such a great president as Kennedy.  As he points out, most JFK conspiracy theorists are on the left.  It was more comforting to make up elaborate theories, and if these  made people on the right look bad, so much the better.

I don't like this demonizing of "anti- Castro Cubans" either.  Since when do we demonize people who leave totalitarian regimes for a better life in a freer country?

I think there is the impression upon some people that the many of the first wave of Cuban refugees post-Castro were supporters of the Batista dictatorship that preceded it.

Juan Cena

Quote from: DanTSX on November 23, 2014, 12:14:20 AM
Oh boy.  The Canadian dork is back. :-\

Can he go through 15 minutes without mentioning that he is Canadian?

I download some paranormal podcasts frequently.  About 3 of them are Canadian produced.  Syrett might even be one of them ( I don't pay too much attention to who is talking).  And they don't dwell on their Canadianness at all.

Are the others from Quebec, maybe?  ;D

zeebo

Just listened to "Robert's Plant Band", music derived from plant signals.  Next we'll have a guy who makes music riffling through books, called "Jimmy's Page Band".

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2014, 12:47:44 AM
Just listened to "Robert's Plant Band", music derived from plant signals.  Next we'll have a guy who makes music riffling through books, called "Jimmy's Page Band".

;D   ;D    ;D

Juan Cena

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2014, 12:47:44 AM

If Snorge were the host, we'd be hearing the Singing Dogs version of "Jingle Bells" as bumper music.