• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

anagrammy

Welcome Briannuryism and Derek.  Very well-written introductory posts.  You will certainly add a fresh perspective to the community...welcome and post often!

Anagrammy

Seamus Capone

Welcome to the forum. I like the cut of your jib. Your comment, "whereas Art could lift a boring topic and make it interesting, Noory can do the polar opposite", should be preserved in a forum time capsule. Bell's farm report would be more entertaining than Noory's live broadcast of flying saucers landing on the White House lawn.

Good morning all from the UK and thank you for the welcome!

Whether inspired by my post or not, I did have a prophetic, Art Bell-themed dream last night (I'm not obsessed, I just think that the message above was the last thing I thought of before I went to bed last night!).

It's worth noting that Art Bell did return to radio but like all dreams, the details and my recall a bit too sketchy to remember with any clarity. I suppose Art just returning was good news though; here's to hoping it happens!

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and the suggestions. I'll check out the suggestions you've kindly given to me and start doing my research. I've been thinking of doing something for a while now but with so many independent projects going on, I've had little time to do so.

However, I've got a scheduled "first air" date in mind of 21/12/2012 and a blueprint of how I want it to work. That said, I don't come from a broadcasting background so I'm scrabbling around quite a bit to identify everything that I require to make it happen! Anyway, it's a long way off until then but it'd be great to finally give the UK another alternative talk radio show and likewise, an alternative to US or international listeners who have maybe grown a bit disenfranchised with C2C.

Personally, I find the paranormal absolutely fascinating, I'd even quote it as a passion, so do something like this would be brilliant. I don't like the sound of my own voice though, so I'll need to overcome that  ;D

Well, back to topic - I don't know if this has been discussed before (probably has, numerous times), but who would make a great replacement for George Noory, assuming he left? Who would you recommend, or would like to recommend, as someone who could competently pick up the handle of anchor and make the show great again, in their own indomitable style? I know little of broadcasters in the US outside of the C2C theatre, but I did wonder whether someone like Dan Akroyd could do it?

Irrespective, I did see somewhere on here suggested Richard C Hoagland; that would be batshit-insane, but brilliantly funny at the same time. 3 hours of interviewing himself and 1 hour of open lines, a forum dedicated to RCH correcting the listeners on their views. I'd listen - for a while  8)

Seamus Capone

Who should replace George Noory as the main host? George Knapp is my first choice. Rob Simone and Richard Syrett ("the Canadian Art Bell") are my other choices. Rollye James could share the weekends with Ian Punnett.

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 30, 2011, 02:36:33 AM
Who should replace George Noory as the main host? George Knapp is my first choice. Rob Simone and Richard Syrett ("the Canadian Art Bell") are my other choices. Rollye James could share the weekends with Ian Punnett.

Haven't had the opportunity to listen to Syrett or James but Knapp and Simone I do like. At first, I couldn't get along with Knapp's voice but now I enjoy it, as I do Punnett and his sometimes strange topics.

I'm starting to wonder also who I should have as my first guest for my as-yet unnamed Radio show... Richard C Hoagland for shits 'n' giggles, anyone?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: noorysmoustache on June 30, 2011, 03:41:29 PM
Haven't had the opportunity to listen to Syrett or James but Knapp and Simone I do like. At first, I couldn't get along with Knapp's voice but now I enjoy it, as I do Punnett and his sometimes strange topics.

I'm starting to wonder also who I should have as my first guest for my as-yet unnamed Radio show... Richard C Hoagland for shits 'n' giggles, anyone?

Art Bell.

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 30, 2011, 03:46:50 PM

Art Bell.

I'd love that...  Granted, it sounds so far off right about now as I need to get everything in place, but I wonder if he would be interested?

An excellent suggestion... and here was me planning to select a gaggle of self-certified nutjobs to open up with, just to make it immediately interesting (though I'm sure it wouldn't do the instant credibility of the show any good). :D

Marc.Knight

Quote from: noorysmoustache on June 30, 2011, 03:41:29 PM

This guy also seems to be very open to being a guest on start-up shows.  He'll bring some credibility, at least for UFO enthusiasts. 

http://www.stantonfriedman.com/

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 30, 2011, 03:58:57 PM

This guy also seems to be very open to being a guest on start-up shows.  He'll bring some credibility, at least for UFO enthusiasts. 

http://www.stantonfriedman.com/

I didn't know that - looks as if I need to get onto the research kind of things, double quick. Thanks for the heads up! And I have to say, I do enjoy listening to Stanton Friedman - and I particularly like his 'drawl'. Hell, I should tell him that myself; though I fear that comment would make me sound a bit Noory.

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 30, 2011, 04:01:51 PM
Another option:

http://www.nickpope.net/

Again, another good one. And the time difference, assuming Nick's in the UK at the time, wouldn't be a problem either.

I'd love to open up with a UFO show, personally but I'll have to do some substantial collating of opinions from people before choosing the first topic... I'm pretty sure no-one wants to hear about a horse/man/thing first though.

Another I would love to speak with is Dr David Jacobs. I don't know what kind of reception he receives on this forum but I quite enjoy his shows, though I can understand if some people seem him as a bit negative.

I missed this and went straight for the meat, so to speak.

Anyway, belated apologies and a belated "Hello!"

anagrammy

Hello, Noory's Moustache, Welcome and how did you find us?

Anagrammy

Seamus Capone

Since you desire guests who deal with UFOs (for your first show), I have a few recommendations. Someone mentioned Friedman. He's a great choice because he's like the Elvis Presley of his field. Hopkins is like the father of *his* field, but his age and his health may prevent him from making public appearances these days. Hastings comes to mind too. He interviewed credible witnesses who encountered UFOs near nuclear sites. Dolan and Randle would be great guests too. Keen wrote a superb book on sightings, which was called the "gold standard" by Kaku.

Quote from: anagrammy on June 30, 2011, 06:32:27 PM

Anagrammy

Hello! I actually found my way onto here via the search engines, looking for Art Bell bumper music!

anagrammy

Quote from: noorysmoustache on July 01, 2011, 01:50:58 AM
Hello! I actually found my way onto here via the search engines, looking for Art Bell bumper music!

Here's what I play while cooking and i ALWAYS end up dancing around the kitchen.  No hassle, all iconic music.  Better than Pandora.

Ana

anagrammy

MARC!  I need a photoshop of Noory without the moustache.  Preferably with some teeth showing--can you humor me?  I just have a premonition...

Anagrammy

HAL 9000

Quote from: anagrammy on July 03, 2011, 12:19:18 AM
MARC!  I need a photoshop of Noory without the moustache.  Preferably with some teeth showing--can you humor me?  I just have a premonition...

Anagrammy

not a big smile, but...

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on June 30, 2011, 06:32:27 PM

Anagrammy

A warm welcome to all you recent members.  It's funny here, like the taste of clown jerky.  Have fun, it's not that serious, because even jerky people end up giving the rest of us the best stuff ever.

I assume most folks find CoastGab in much the same way that I did; basically a google search string with something like "mustache+unintelligible+turmeric+idiot+portal"

Avi

Hello, all! I am introducing myself just because I've been reading, and laughing, a lot - but my IP address makes it clear that I live in the same metropolis where Clear Channel has its headquarters. No, I am not a secret plant by TPTB (but that's just what I'd say if I were, isn't it?). Hmm. John Hagee has his headquarters here as well, but I am not a crazed, un-liquored, anti-dancer, either.

I have listened to C2C for many years, being a night shift worker an' all. I found you guys when I was googling, hoping against hope, that there were others who found the Hoagie (mayo on mayo on mayo on mayo...) ridiculous, who found Ed Dims ("Roger that!" The shit-head has not been in the military for 30 years. Also, what did the Ukraine do wrong? First Chernobyl, and now Ed Dames. It must be divine punishment) bogus, who found the quality of guests and subjects dubious in the extreme - and that's putting it politely. And here you are. Cue the fanfare of trumpets! 

onan

Quote from: Avi on July 05, 2011, 07:44:48 AM
Hello, all!

Welcome Avi.

Welcome to all I have not welcomed, to those I have, welcome again.

Avi, no matter your origins your posts here will be looked forward to by some if not all. Always good to have more people sharing ideas... unless you disagree with me...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Avi on July 05, 2011, 07:44:48 AM
Hello, all! I am introducing myself just because I've been reading, and laughing, a lot - but my IP address makes it clear that I live in the same metropolis where Clear Channel has its headquarters. No, I am not a secret plant by TPTB (but that's just what I'd say if I were, isn't it?). Hmm. John Hagee has his headquarters here as well, but I am not a crazed, un-liquored, anti-dancer, either.

Welcome. Lucky San Antonio! Your city must be as proud of Clear Channel and John Hagee the way Houston should be proud of Dean Allen Corll and Coral Watts.

Any chance I get to invoke deceased serial killers...

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 30, 2011, 11:07:21 PM
Since you desire guests who deal with UFOs (for your first show), I have a few recommendations. Someone mentioned Friedman. He's a great choice because he's like the Elvis Presley of his field. Hopkins is like the father of *his* field, but his age and his health may prevent him from making public appearances these days. Hastings comes to mind too. He interviewed credible witnesses who encountered UFOs near nuclear sites. Dolan and Randle would be great guests too. Keen wrote a superb book on sightings, which was called the "gold standard" by Kaku.

It's a real shame about Budd Hopkins. I listened to a show from last year and it was quite unnerving and upsetting to hear him so audibly ill. He'd have a made a fantastic, compelling guest.

I know little of Keen or Randle, however I've enjoyed Richard Dolan. He's a bit of a motormouth if I remember correctly (I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, as what he says is actually very, very interesting).

I've just seen the Titor thread on the CG Guests Area and it's also given me a little nudge to put quite a bit emphasis on time-travel too, as it's a huge area of interest for me. I always enjoyed listening to Andrew D Basiago, though I understand he might not be to everyone's taste. Irrespective, the subject is fascinating and it's another thing I want to concentrate heavily on - I just have to find some interesting, noteworthy guests...

Out of interest, what are you favourite topics of discussion? I'm compiling mine now and in no particular order, they are (1) Time Travel (2) Aliens/UFO's/Abductions (3) Ghosts/Paranormal

Of course, there are plenty more interesting topics out there but those are the three I would probably enjoy discussing the most...

Also - any subjects that should be covered/featured more, that don't often get the airtime they deserve? Opinions wanted!

Thanks all

Gassy Man

Oh, hey, should introduce myself -- lurked her for a while before joining.  Live in the Midwest.  Have been a fan of Coast to Coast for a while though the show seems to be declining more and more in quality . . . really miss the Art Bell shows, which I came to the table too late for.  Like the intelligence and humor of the posts on this site.  Hope that Coast to Coast can some day recover to its former greatness . . . maybe with Art.

anagrammy

Welcome to all -- it's always nice to hear fresh opinions and new takes on happenings.  Tell us especially the hosts and topics you DO enjoy! 

Anagrammy

anagrammy

Quote from: HAL 9000 on July 03, 2011, 01:27:17 AM
not a big smile, but...

Thanks, Hal-- I forgot you have the Photoshop gift.  Now I see why he has a moustache in the first place. Thanks, man.

Anagrammy

Seamus Capone

Quote from: noorysmoustache on July 09, 2011, 12:37:53 PM
It's a real shame about Budd Hopkins. I listened to a show from last year and it was quite unnerving and upsetting to hear him so audibly ill. He'd have a made a fantastic, compelling guest.

I know little of Keen or Randle, however I've enjoyed Richard Dolan. He's a bit of a motormouth if I remember correctly (I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, as what he says is actually very, very interesting).

I've just seen the Titor thread on the CG Guests Area and it's also given me a little nudge to put quite a bit emphasis on time-travel too, as it's a huge area of interest for me. I always enjoyed listening to Andrew D Basiago, though I understand he might not be to everyone's taste. Irrespective, the subject is fascinating and it's another thing I want to concentrate heavily on - I just have to find some interesting, noteworthy guests...

Out of interest, what are you favourite topics of discussion? I'm compiling mine now and in no particular order, they are (1) Time Travel (2) Aliens/UFO's/Abductions (3) Ghosts/Paranormal

Of course, there are plenty more interesting topics out there but those are the three I would probably enjoy discussing the most...

Also - any subjects that should be covered/featured more, that don't often get the airtime they deserve? Opinions wanted!

Thanks all

I agree about Budd Hopkins. I hope that he's doing well. You asked about Kevin Randle and Leslie Kean. Randle is an expert on Roswell and crashed craft. He's a down-to-earth (no pun), rational, realistic, straightforward guy. Kean wrote "UFOs: Generals, Pilots, And Government Officials Go On The Record". On her work, Kaku said, "at last, a serious and thoughtful book about this controversial subject". John Podesta wrote the foreword of Kean's tome. That gives you an idea that her book is anything but another fun trip to Fantasyland. So many books and guests make the field look silly. Her book is the antidote to those plagues on serious endeavors that are mocked out of hand. The documentation is impressive, as are the witnesses.

Ronald Mallett is a great guest on physics and time travel. He's my fave go-to guy for both subjects. He wants to build a time machine to contact his dad, who died when he was young. He explains things very well.

My fave topics are:
ESP
UFO
cryptozoology
ghosts
ancient wonders
paranormal regions
conspiracy theories/secret societies
esoteric subjects
belief systems
historical subjects
bizarre technology
true crime 

I'd like to hear more shows about groups like gypsies. Maybe they could do shows on Melungeons or travelers, small cultural/sub-ethnic groups. A second idea, along the same lines, is a program with a guest who traced the far reaches of the Jewish diaspora from one end of the world to the other. They could have a discussion on how the Cohenim gene links White Jews in Israel to Black Jews in Zimbabwe, for just one example.

MV/Liberace!

welcome to the forums!  actually, there are a good two or three of you in this thread with whom i've never had the pleasure of conversing.  i hope all of you will post often.

by the way, noorysmustache... if you'd be interested in doing a podcast, at least for staraters, see this thread.