• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

EvB

Quote from: VictoryAli on July 13, 2008, 08:33:28 PM
Now this may be a coincidence since I've only tuned in to listen to him four or five times, but as George Noory says "There are no Coincidences" :D

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like Ian. His sense of humor and rather awkward style is totally engaging to me. I wouldn't like him as the main host, but I do like him as the weekend guy. But I just wanted to know if anyone else is picking up on this.

Ian has just (within the last two weeks) been ordained into the diaconate of the Episcopal Church.  So yes - he is religious.  I have corresponded with him a few times - and his faith does mean a lot to him.  He's not - THANK GOD - a fundi by any stretch of the imagination - but he is committed to his "calling." 

Personally - I like that - though I understand it's not to everyone's taste.

BigWorm

I think Ian Punnett Shows should be added to the stream.

Ian is very very good, and will add new content to the stream loop for those of us that have heard most/all of Arts shows.

It would be easy for Micheal to use stream ripper software to download content from one of the Ian Punnett shoutcast streams, and add it to his stream. 

Max

That would be a tough call....

personally... I don't care either way....lol

Max

EvB

I said yes -- but it's qualified.  I am a big fan of Ian's - but Art is Art and Ian is Ian.  Maybe an IAN stream?  But then - that's a pant-load of work . . .

EvB

Quote from: Max on July 13, 2008, 09:24:46 PM
yes he is.

VERY GOOD Max - a clear, concise statement.  Though there should have been a comma after the "yes" and, preferably, the "yes" should have been capitalized.

:P

BigWorm

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 09:25:17 PM
I said yes -- but it's qualified.  I am a big fan of Ian's - but Art is Art and Ian is Ian.  Maybe an IAN stream?  But then - that's a pant-load of work . . .

Why can't they coexist on the same stream?

It would be great for people that cant listen to c2c on the weekends and miss ians show.

God knows, you can't listen to the live c2c show during the week with out your ears bleeding.

EvB

Quote from: BigWorm on July 13, 2008, 09:31:22 PM
Why can't they coexist on the same stream?

Not sure they can't -- it just seems to me that here people are pretty rah-rah Art and Iffy on Ian.  So . . . It was just a thought.

BigWorm

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 09:33:59 PM
Not sure they can't -- it just seems to me that here people are pretty rah-rah Art and Iffy on Ian.  So . . . It was just a thought.

Seems like the people that are iffy on Ian, change their minds after listening for a couple of weeks... they grow to like him, and get his brand of humor as time goes on.

Props to Max, and EvB.... You two are diehard on the message board... i had replies to my poll with in seconds of posting it... wow

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 09:33:59 PM
i agree with you here.  while i like ian, the stream is an art bell stream, and i would encounter a barrage of complaints if i were to add ian's content.

however, a separate ian stream might be the answer here.

EvB

Quote from: BigWorm on July 13, 2008, 09:43:16 PM
Seems like the people that are iffy on Ian, change their minds after listening for a couple of weeks... they grow to like him, and get his brand of humor as time goes on.

I hope that's true.  If you can get though his occasional crankiness (which I happen to get a kick out of) and his adolescent humor (I raised a son - I'll live) he has lots to say that's worth hearing.  So do his guests.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 09:44:50 PM

however, a separate ian stream might be the answer here.

If that's doable - I'd LOVE it! 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 09:47:53 PM

If that's doable - I'd LOVE it! 
actually, it's very doable and i'm all for it.  problem is, heh heh, i have no ian shows, so that poses a problem, as you could imagine.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 09:44:50 PM
i would encounter a barrage of complaints if i were to add ian's content.

BTW - Michael - you are SUCH a paper tiger!   ;D   You mean you CARE if people BITCH?

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 09:51:16 PM
actually, it's very doable and i'm all for it.  problem is, heh heh, i have no ian shows, so that poses a problem, as you could imagine.

I could - maybe - help a little with that.  Not sure what I've got.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 09:54:28 PM
I could - maybe - help a little with that.  Not sure what I've got.
that sounds good to me.  we need to work out a practical means of you (or anybody else) getting the shows to me.  maybe an ftp upload would be the way to go.

EvB

Quote from: sillydog on April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

You know, I'd really like to have Ian interview the banned guest, David John Oates.  I saw him shortly before he was banned and, I thought it was fascinating.  Some of his reversals of Bush Jr. and Cheney are super creepy.

I have a copy of one of his shows (With Art - I'm pretty sure) on my HD someplace.  I don't think reversals mean anything - but I was entertained - which I think is the point.

So - he was BANNED?  Do tell - I don't know the story.

BigWorm

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 09:51:16 PM

Can you use stream ripping software and record the Funkbaldee stream? or other ian streams on shoutcast?

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?hhTest=1&sort=totalDL&qt=stream+ripper&tag=srt.td

a bunch of stream ripping software is available for free, its what i use to rip Mikael's art bell stream to put on my mp3 player (radio your way, so i can record my terrestrial radio shows too), and listen to art when i workout.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 10:23:30 PM
I have a copy of one of his shows (With Art - I'm pretty sure) on my HD someplace.  I don't think reversals mean anything - but I was entertained - which I think is the point.

So - he was BANNED?  Do tell - I don't know the story.
i believe he was banned because on the last show he did with art, art terminated the interview early because he considered oates' reversals to be too "subjective" and lacking in substance.  oates' apparently wasn't too pleased about this, and susequently played reversals of art on his own internet radio show.  these reversals apparently weren't too flattering, and art banned him.  however, i think he might have been banned at the moment art terminated the interview.  the reversals were just icing on the cake.  i think there was some legal action as a result of those reversals, as a matter of fact.  i hope i have the facts straight here, and if not, somebody please correct me.

by the way, i interviewed oats on my dopey little internet show i used to do, and i have to say he was the nicest guy ever.

Max

well...

from what I remember of him

he said your going to hear the person say this..

then played it at full, half and quarter speeds....

did you hear it, here, let me play it slower...

do you hear it... let me play it slower..

as he did that he always said what he heard, so you would hear it..

impo, it was subjective and suggestive, and made your mind hear what he wanted you to hear..

EvB

I Googled some info on this:  http://www.reversespeech.com/goodart5.htm

This guy seemed to think Whitley Streiber would be a good replacement for Art.  God save us.  I'd rather listen to Snoory!  WS TALKS to damned much - and says too little. He knows it too - he dosn't even do his own show most of the time anymore.

As for Oats being a fake - He's a bad boy but we get the Damned Dames?  Humbug.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 10:30:04 PM
i believe he was banned because on the last show he did with art, art terminated the interview early because he considered oates' reversals to be too "subjective" and lacking in substance.  oates' apparently wasn't too pleased about this, and susequently played reversals of art on his own internet radio show.  these reversals apparently weren't too flattering, and art banned him.  however, i think he might have been banned at the moment art terminated the interview.  the reversals were just icing on the cake.  i think there was some legal action as a result of those reversals, as a matter of fact.  i hope i have the facts straight here, and if not, somebody please correct me.

Well THAT's more interesting than the article I found!

by the way, i interviewed oats on my dopey little internet show i used to do, and i have to say he was the nicest guy ever.

Hmmm . .maybe it was YOU I heard him with. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 10:32:30 PM
This guy seemed to think Whitley Streiber would be a good replacement for Art.  God save us.  I'd rather listen to Snoory!  WS TALKS to damned much - and says too little. He knows it too - he dosn't even do his own show most of the time anymore.
sweet christ on a popsicle stick... i couldn't agree with you more.  streiber is just audio cancer.  i'd rather endure a colonoscopy.  sorry to mention such a procedure in the context of a streiber discussion.  heh heh.  get it?  huh?  get it?  heh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BigWorm on July 13, 2008, 10:24:05 PM
Can you use stream ripping software and record the Funkbaldee stream? or other ian streams on shoutcast?
the problem here is that i was unaware there are already ian streams on shoutcast.  if so, it seems it kinda defeats the purpose of launching a new one.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 10:35:41 PM
i'd rather endure a colonoscopy.  sorry to mention such a procedure in the context of a streiber discussion.  heh heh.  get it?  huh?  get it?  heh.

MWWWahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That's for a real laugh - I NEEDED one tonight!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 10:44:45 PM
MWWWahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That's for a real laugh - I NEEDED one tonight!
good.

and i'm glad SOMEBODY got it.

BigWorm

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 10:43:29 PM
the problem here is that i was unaware there are already ian streams on shoutcast.  if so, it seems it kinda defeats the purpose of launching a new one.

There isn't a all Ian stream... they either mix him in with Snoory(not an option to listen to 3 snoory shows, just to hear one Ian show}... or just play his show on the weekend during, or after it airs. then they never play it again... Thats why i said put him in the art loop, or maybe an independent stream would work.

How many shows do you have on your art show stream? i think i have heard them all, need fresh content or your stream will get stale over time. Ian is the only one i have heard that can substitute for art.

BigWorm

"the bottom line is this:  ian should have snoor's position right now.  it should have been given to ian the FIRST FUCKING TIME art retired" quoted from a post Micheal made in a different thread.

I couldn't agree more. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BigWorm on July 13, 2008, 11:06:28 PM

How many shows do you have on your art show stream?
i think it's around 600 shows.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 13, 2008, 09:27:08 PM
VERY GOOD Max - a clear, concise statement.  Though there should have been a comma after the "yes" and, preferably, the "yes" should have been capitalized.

:P
heh, ok, i have to admit, this made me laugh.