Quote from: Morgus on January 05, 2013, 02:16:31 AM
...yawn.
Quote from: George Drooly on January 05, 2013, 03:23:41 AM
...blah duh blah.
Quote from: Maxwell on January 05, 2013, 03:37:53 AM
...Holy crap...
Quote from: ziznak on January 05, 2013, 04:04:08 AM
...that cavernous head of his.

George called it "our Friday night frolic." He begins the frolic with a slam bam session with Catherine Austin Fitts, who tells George the number of folks on food stamps may increase to 50 million, to which George says, "somebodys got to feed people, huh?" Yeah. Take off the thinking cap, George, its gonna give you a headache. As much as the ufo thing bores me, Joan Bird's voice was calm and confident and she had my attention. George pulled out his index cards and went to sleep, asking "Why won't the government disclose what they know about ufos?" for the 200,000 time in his career. Yeah, he needs a fresh set of index cards, with things like "when you were doing your research, what made you tear off your clothes and go running into the woods screaming. this can't be! This can't be!", or, "I notice you numbered the pages of your book chronologically, how come?", or, "your book makes a good fly swatter, did you know that?" George then frolicked into a very uneventful open lines, where I thought he just might play the "wonderful world" part of the Brother Iz song. Didn't happen (he did it once about a year and a half ago). Whatever. Play the ufo phil song. He's done.

Sardondi

Quote from: valdez on January 05, 2013, 06:18:47 AM
     George called it "our Friday night frolic." He begins the frolic with a slam bam session with Catherine Austin Fitts, who tells George the number of folks on food stamps may increase to 50 million, to which George says, "somebodys got to feed people, huh?"....

Astounding. Does the man think the little paper food stamp booklets turn into MREs when a little water is added? Moron! That's part of her point, George: where is the money to feed these people, even the food itself, going to come from? My God, is there truly no question elemental enough that the answer, or even the obvious next question, suggests itself to George Noory?

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: valdez on January 05, 2013, 06:18:47 AM
     George called it "our Friday night frolic." He begins the frolic with a slam bam session with Catherine Austin Fitts, who tells George the number of folks on food stamps may increase to 50 million, to which George says, "somebodys got to feed people, huh?" Yeah. Take off the thinking cap, George, its gonna give you a headache. As much as the ufo thing bores me, Joan Bird's voice was calm and confident and she had my attention. George pulled out his index cards and went to sleep, asking "Why won't the government disclose what they know about ufos?" for the 200,000 time in his career. Yeah, he needs a fresh set of index cards, with things like "when you were doing your research, what made you tear off your clothes and go running into the woods screaming. this can't be! This can't be!", or, "I notice you numbered the pages of your book chronologically, how come?", or, "your book makes a good fly swatter, did you know that?" George then frolicked into a very uneventful open lines, where I thought he just might play the "wonderful world" part of the Brother Iz song. Didn't happen (he did it once about a year and a half ago). Whatever. Play the ufo phil song. He's done.

Thanks for the hilarious, yet painful, recap.  So glad the CrabbyOld Goat convinced me to watch the 3D TV he got (from moi) for Christmas. Then again, it sounds like watching paint dry would have topped listening to last night's Snorathon.

P.S. If one of Snorge's shows ever concluded with that unnerving ukulele version of Over the Rainbow but was sung by UFO Phil (instead of "IZ") I think the FCC would shut the station down.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 05, 2013, 03:45:10 AM
Jorch: "Life is not like a bowl of Jerrys"

What?

Hahahahah, Jorch quote of the week.... let's hope life is not a bowl of Jorches.   I was up late so I decided to tune into the nightly train wreck.  C2C is playing that awful Coast Insider ad again where some creepy C2C listener is extolling it's virtues and stating his favorite C2C show is about, of all horrific things, "human mutilation."     It closes with Jorch making comments as if all is perfectly normal.    Ah, yes, C2C has now become the favorite show of psychos across the land.   ::)

The Montana UFO Lady wasn't bad.  At least she was new.  We got to discover Jorch is also an expert in nuclear warfare when he claimed he knew we would know when the Russians would start the launch sequence of one of their ICBMs.  It must come from his time when he was an admiral in McHale's Navy or maybe when he was a secret agent in "Get Smart."

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2013, 12:50:16 PMIt must come from his time when he was an admiral in McHale's Navy or maybe when he was a secret agent in "Get Smart."
Noory was more like bumbling Ensign Parker on McHale's Navy...  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 05, 2013, 01:44:08 PM
Noory was more like bumbling Ensign Parker on McHale's Navy...  ;D

I'm sure that's closer to reality, Morgus, but in Jorch's mind, he no doubt pictures himself ranking with Lord Nelson.  We don't want to forget how the Prez, or was it the Royal Family, pleaded for his service.  ::)   I need to call C2C some night as a fawning admirer and ask if they've built a suitable monument for Jorch, yet. 

ziznak

I miss the word of the day clips we used to get...

Morgus

Only one more day to go until Noory's big 10th anniversary celebration show.
I predict it will be even worse than similar format shows in the past (secret door shows, mayan calendar end date show, etc) where he has a calvacade of guests "popping in" plus even more ass-kissing and retelling of rehashed old stories than usual.
Instead of Noory's retirement at this time (that he promised us a decade ago) we will get him talking about the next decade to come as he continues to host and make the show even worse...  :P

ziznak

I'd like to see somebody actually get on and ask him about his retirement...

Elflord

George will not retire because he SUCKS. He is going to get fired because he SUCKS.

ItsOver

I'm sure the show will be a delight.  First Sunday of the month, so it'll include the ear-numbing submerging artists.  The usual cast of C2C miscreants popping in for the slobber-fest, maybe another rehash of "Springheel Jack."  I wonder if Jorch will "spoil" his listeners by closing the crap fest with his favorite tune of all by UFO Phil.  I think I'll miss it.  ::)

Elflord

If george does his Ufo Phil song then thats it then.

ItsOver

Just substitute "Happy 10th Anniversary" for "Happy Birthday" and you get the right feel for the Sunday night horror.

Designx

UFO Phil is every single thing I hated about 90's rock music combined.  It needs to die.

McPhallus

Quote from: Designx on January 05, 2013, 09:36:25 PM
UFO Phil is every single thing I hated about 90's rock music combined.  It needs to die.

That and the fact that it represents everything cheesy and stupid about the paranormal.

Quote from: astroguy on December 24, 2012, 01:20:01 PM
I've talked a bit now with Michael Heiser.  He thinks that he keeps getting asked back, dispite disagreeing with George on most things, because he's nice about it but very clear.  And he also doesn't want to come on to talk about ancient aliens, but George always brings it up on every interview.

And, Mike's e-mailed Lisa recommending me as a guest. :)
You were excellent on Point of Inquiry.  It would be great to hear you on C2C.

So I gotta admit, despite swearing off the Snoozer a few weeks ago, I thought I'd force myself to tune in last night cause they actually had a classic style topic about the Great Falls Montana UFO's, alien abductions, etc. etc., the kinda stuff that I used to love listening to Art Bell for. However less than an hour into the program, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and actually conked out on the couch! Something that NEVER happened to me before when listening to Art! Usually when I got tired back then, I would just wait 'til the show got to a point where I could turn it off and just go to bed. Now I find myself bored to death and not really giving a crap anymore what they're talking about. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I think alot of George's problem now-a-days isn't so much his own boring and faceless personality, but alot of it has to do with the generic, milktoast guests he has on. Some scientist guy this, or some UFO resarcher lady that, yadda, yadda yadda. Same old, same old. The topics and guests (not to mention the callers) have become so saturated and predictable, that it's just downright sad how plain and boring the show has become. Now you wanna talk about great guests, Art had the lineup! Bob Lazar, Linda Moulton Howe, Mad Man Markum, George Carlin, Father Malachi Martin, just to name a few off the top of my head. And who could forget those callers? The fake (but real enough to get their signal cut off) Area 51 Employee, the man who claimed he was flying into Area 51, Charlie the liberal, and I forget the name of the guy who hated cats and thought Art was the devil, but it was hysterical the way Art used to torment him!

Anyway, my point through all this ranting and raving is the obviousness that C2C just isn't what it used to be thanks to Snoory, and I don't think it ever will be again, no matter who the host is. Art Bell just had a personality and style all his own that I know we loyalists of him love and miss. I would love to hear what you folks have to say about this and thanks for reading my natterings. I just had to share it with someone!  :)

"No mystery is closed to an open mind." -Tim White

ItsOver

The UFO Phil song is the perfect metaphor for the Noory bastardization of C2C.  C2C now stands for from Classic to Crappola.

ItsOver

Great summary of the sad state of C2C.  You described me last night.  I made it through the first hour and that was it for me.  Art could keep me entranced throughout the night.  Noory?  If I'm not laughing, I'm cringing, or simply bored to sleep.  It's amazing how C2C has gone from one extreme of the quality spectrum to the other.  I don't even bother turning on C2C most nights anymore, unless I need something to put me to sleep.

astroguy

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 05, 2013, 10:12:08 PM
Thanks!

LAM4:2

I actually like the UFO Phil song.  Well I never knew I had martians in my garden.

I don't have much trouble falling asleep.  But staying asleep is a whole 'nuther problem.  Noory's voice can lull me back into dreamland.
Not too proud of that, but, hey, it works.  And then I can stay alert for most of the next day at work.   ;)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: LAM4:2 on January 05, 2013, 11:36:27 PM
   Well I never knew I had martians in my garden.
Or that my baby was a hybrid...but as he grew I began to see the clues.  :'(

scifinj

Quote from: valdez Yesterday:
"George pulled out his index cards and went to sleep, asking 'Why won't the government disclose what they know about ufos?' for the 200,000 time in his career."

And let us not forget the too-numerous-to-count occurrances of "What is the strangest (most baffling/amazing/scariest/profound/puzzling/exciting/ad infinitum) case/thing you've come across in your research?"

Sardondi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 05, 2013, 10:12:08 PM

I absolutely agree that astroguy would be an outstanding guest. But I doubt he would be approved because I seriously believe he's already on a "haters" list. If he's not on one maintained by George/Tommy, then he's on one (a very large one I would think) maintained by Richard C. Hoagland.

And I'd bet the house that Hoagland has guest approval and veto power at C2C, and that RCH can nix any guest whom George (or any C2C host) might also bring in on a panel or as an extra guest while RCH is on the line. Mustn't embarrass The Great and Powerful OZ Hoagland when he's on.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 06, 2013, 12:16:39 AM
   Or that my baby was a hybrid...but as he grew I began to see the clues. 

Ma-ma!

Quote from: LAM4:2 on January 05, 2013, 11:36:27 PM
  I actually like the UFO Phil song.  Well I never knew I had martians in my garden.

I don't know about martians in a garden, but my lexdysia and what I suptects is insnipatent alcoholism make me drink martinis on the gradient. Which should account for all that falling uphill lately.

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on January 05, 2013, 10:14:57 PM
... I think alot of George's problem now-a-days isn't so much his own boring and faceless personality, but alot of it has to do with the generic, milktoast guests he has on...

Oh, George is the problem alright. 

The lousy guests are not helping, but would anyone with anything going for them appear with George once they knew (either from a previous appearance, or just listening to one of his shows) how the 'interview' would go?

George was good on St. Louis radio before he got this gig, this went to his head and thought he needed to tell us all how smart he was (he is not particularly intelligent) and ruined Coast.  More Ian please - actually Ian was the first choice to take over Coast after Art but he turned it down.

Who cares anyway, we all need to listen to the Art Bell streaming podcast that brings him back in all his glory!

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2946.0.html