Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on October 14, 2017, 02:11:07 AM
GN: “...died of a heart attack, if I remember correctly.”
T: “Yessss yes that is correct.”

Just like two local ass-hats talking out of their asses at the bar while people nearby just shake their heads.
Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on October 14, 2017, 02:05:53 AM
George: “Tommy, do you remember what Gomez Adams said to Morticia when he wanted to dance?
Tommy: “oh um.... ‘mon ami’?”
George: “Noooo... ‘Carita’!”

No, George. “Cara Mia.” (My darling or my beloved....)

We’re you thinking of “Carnitas”? Like “Hey Tommy, get your porky face outta my carnitas! Get your own!”

“Carita.”  WTF, you making-up-words asshole.
Ha, ha, ha... I have to wonder how Jorch can be this stupid and sometimes think it must be an intentional act.  Then I realize, hell no, it's Jorch being Jorch.

Rush was talking the other day about how the late night radio audience would just naturally drop, even when Larry King had his nighttime radio show.  He was saying most local radio stations would purchase a deal from Mutual Broadcasting, primarily to get the Mutual news reports.  As part of the deal, they had to take the whole package, which included the nighttime show.  They'd take it because they wanted to play something at night but didn't really care what it was, as long as they got the news perks.  I'm sure PremRat plays a similar game, with their deals.

Meet Jorch.  The garbage part of a package deal.

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 04:03:20 AM
George puts a price on athletes' right to exercise their conscience and civil rights...

It's not a civil rights issue.  The Bill of Rights is between the people and the federal government.  If an employee is driving away customers, the employer has every right to put an end to it.

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 04:03:20 AM
... Trump... demanded the athlete be removed.

No he didn't.  He said wouldn't you like to see one of these SOBs be taken off the field and fired.  Big difference between making observations / commentary / suggestions and ''demands''.  And apparently a lot of folks said ''hell yes'' they would like to see that happen.  So would I.

Juan

Raúl Juliá, who played Gomez Addams in two movies died of a stroke back in 1994. Maybe sNoory was “thinking” of him.

The original Premier Radio Network offered a bundle of Rush, Dr. Laura, and Art.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on October 14, 2017, 12:35:16 PM
Raúl Juliá, who played Gomez Addams in two movies died of a stroke back in 1994. Maybe sNoory was “thinking” of him.

Yep, I'm sure that was it. For a guy who everything is compared to, or a reference to, a Hollywood movie or tv show he sure gets the details wrong a lot. This is by no means the first time he has actors, titles, plots etc messed up.

Most shows seem to have a stable of go-to callers, it's not just c2c. There's even cross-pollination where these same callers will call 3 different shows.

It's easy, lazy radio for the hosts because they know the callers will ask softball questions so they don't jeopardize their preferential treatment. I doubt they get paid anything. The 'semi-fame'(TM TGFP) is probably enough

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 14, 2017, 07:47:31 AM
It's not a civil rights issue.  The Bill of Rights is between the people and the federal government.  If an employee is driving away customers, the employer has every right to put an end to it.

No he didn't.  He said wouldn't you like to see one of these SOBs be taken off the field and fired.  Big difference between making observations / commentary / suggestions and ''demands''.  And apparently a lot of folks said ''hell yes'' they would like to see that happen.  So would I.

Well, the news changed depending on what day.  But many sources say Trump originally said, "Get that son of a bitch (ouch) off the field...........He's fired!".  Now afterward, of coirse he re-phrased it, back-peddling.  If he did back-peddle, I appreciate his belated attempt to make it sound more reasonable.

Just like George could consider soing.

Here is one source that quoted Trump's harsh statement.  I hope they are wrong.  If you were right, the truth woule be btter than I thought.

Jojo

No he didn't.  He said wouldn't you like to see one of these SOBs be taken off the field and fired.  Big difference between making observations / commentary / suggestions and ''demands''.  And apparently a lot of folks said ''hell yes'' they woced it.uld like to see that happen.  So would I.

The silent peaceful protest had gone on long before anyone ever noticed it.  Customers were not driven away.  Employers were not concerned.

Then arrived our dictator....

I agree that employers can inhibit our civil rights (to an extent, and it is too bad), but inhibiting civil rights is a far cry from forcing employees to engage in patriotic behavior.  At that point, employees' ethics are being bought.  Principles that are bought are like the a lover who is bought; you never really know where their heart stands.  They could resent you, or plotting to replace you with the next shiny purchase.

Jojo

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 14, 2017, 12:49:41 PM
Most shows seem to have a stable of go-to callers, it's not just c2c. There's even cross-pollination where these same callers will call 3 different shows.

It's easy, lazy radio for the hosts because they know the callers will ask softball questions so they don't jeopardize their preferential treatment. I doubt they get paid anything. The 'semi-fame'(TM TGFP) is probably enough
Annie has gotten a little more hardball-y, I noticed.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 12:55:40 PM
Well, the news changed depending on what day.  But many sources say Trump originally said, "Get that son of a bitch (ouch) off the field...........He's fired!".  Now afterward, of coirse he re-phrased it, back-peddling.  If he did back-peddle, I appreciate his belated attempt to make it sound more reasonable.

Here is one source that quoted Trump's harsh statement.  I hope they are wrong.  If you were right, the truth woule be btter than I thought.

In his own words...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/911654184918880260

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/911655987857281024

Obviously, the YOU’RE FIRED is a reference to his starring role in The Apprentice.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 01:02:16 PM
The silent peaceful protest had gone on long before anyone ever noticed it.  Customers were not driven away.  Employers were not concerned.

I agree that employers can inhibit our civil rights (to an extent, and it is too bad), but inhibiting civil rights is a far cry from forcing employees to engage in patriotic behavior.  At that point, employees' ethics are being bought.  Principles that are bought are like the a lover who is bought; you never really know where their heart stands.  They could resent you, or plotting to replace you with the next shiny purchase.

This wasn’t even a thing until Kaepernick’s muslim SJW girlfriend starting playing the race card on the radio calling the NFL owners all racists.

He hasn’t taken a knee since he walked away from his contract (refusing the automatic extension) last spring.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 14, 2017, 01:14:44 PM
This wasn’t even a thing until Kaepernick’s muslim SJW girlfriend starting playing the race card on the radio calling the NFL owners all racists.

He hasn’t taken a knee since he walked away from his contract (refusing the automatic extension) last spring.

Don't adopt black kids, and send them to the best schools and support them with unconditional love and financial excess. They just grow up to play Pro-Ball or President and throw you under the bus. :)

Jojo

Bills of Rights against harassment and discrimination apply in the workplace though.  Even for George.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 02:08:51 PM
Bills of Rights against harassment and discrimination apply in the workplace though.

Go read the Bill of Rights. It is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution.

There may be laws that cover employee/employer relationships, but the Bill of Rights is specifically there to place limitations on the government from infringing on these inalienable rights.

It has nothing to do with behavior between two individuals.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 14, 2017, 02:10:50 PM
Go read the Bill of Rights. It is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution.

There may be laws that cover employee/employer relationships, but the Bill of Rights is specifically there to place limitations on the government from infringing on these inalienable rights.

It has nothing to do with behavior between two individuals.
The Civil Rights Act applies in employment, in its scope.  It even protects people like George!

Jojo

This is the second time recently George has had a shrink on!   Multi-tasking with the ole Rolodex...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 02:33:38 PM
The Civil Rights Act applies in employment, in its scope.  It even protects people like George!

You just flunked civics.

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 12:55:40 PM

A few of the Golden State Warriors had been muttering all summer about not wanting to go to the Whte House to celebrate their championship when they go to DC to play the Wizards Bullets, as is tradition.  Living here, where their every comment is local news, it was pretty clear the coach and the rest of the team didn't want to go either.  When training camp for the new season started, the coach said they were going to get together as a team and decide, and one or two again said publicly they personally didn't want to go. 

The next day Trump was giving a speech endorsing a Senate candidate in the Alabama primary.  His spokesman said they decided not to invite the Warriors to the White House, and he tweeted the same thing, saying it was a great honor to be invited and since Curry didn't want to go they weren't going to be invited.  The players acted surprised and upset, no doubt because they wanted to virtue signal their hate for Trump by declining, and now they won't get the chance to do so

That same day, very likely still thinking about these iliterate players in general, he said during the Alabama speech, and I quote ''wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out, he's fired.  HE'S FIRED!  Wouldn''t ya love it?''

Surprisingly enough, the pretend media, who've been lying about him since the election have lied about this, making it sound like he's ordering the NFL owers and players what to do.

Here's the 9 second video:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/22/politics/donald-trump-alabama-nfl/ 

That's what set this whole thing off.  I haven't paid any attention to the tweets or comments he's made about it since

Since you're interested in First Amendment rights, keep in mind Trump didn't give up his own freedom of speech when he became president. 

Not quite.  First the media noticed Kapernick.  They're the ones that ginned up the whole controversy - showing him durng the anthem before each game, asking him about it every day, scanning the field for others on other teams and putting the camera on them, ect.

... I agree that employers can inhibit our civil rights (to an extent, and it is too bad), but inhibiting civil rights is a far cry from forcing employees to engage in patriotic behavior.  At that point, employees' ethics are being bought.  Principles that are bought are like the a lover who is bought; you never really know where their heart stands.  They could resent you, or plotting to replace you with the next shiny purchase.

No, employers can't inhibit our civil rights. 

You still don't get it.  Our civil rights, as laid out in the Bill of Rights, the First 10 Amendments to the Constitution, protect the people from the federal government (each of the states has enacted the same protections in their constitutions).  Relationships between employers and employees are not covered. 

What is covered elsewhere is employment based on certain factors - race, religion, etc.  An employer can't fire or punish an employee for distributing union information, or whistle blowing for example - not because of the Bill of Rights, but because of specific legislation that has been passed.

I really hope this helps, because these are important principles to understand

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 14, 2017, 01:14:44 PM

He had an opt out, but it was a non-guaranteed contract.  The 49ers were going to cut him anyway. 

For 2016 he had a two year guaranteed deal.  He started the season as the backup, and when it was time to make a change at QB they didn't put him in because they'd lost so many games already that they were out of it, and didn't want to risk him getting hurt and them ending up paying him something like $13M in 2017 to sit out. 

At his request they re-did the deal to make that second year (2017) non-guaranteed, with a player opt out as well, so they could put him out there.  Everyone knew he was leaving either way.

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 02:08:51 PM
Bills of Rights against harassment and discrimination apply in the workplace though.  Even for George.

That's not in the Bill of Rights.  It's separate legislation.  And it covers specific acts - none of which include anything regarding the flag or national anthem.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 14, 2017, 05:17:01 PM
He had an opt out, but it was a non-guaranteed contract.  The 49ers were going to cut him anyway. 

For 2016 he had a two year guaranteed deal.  He started the season as the backup, and when it was time to make a change at QB they didn't put him in because they'd lost so many games already that they were out of it, and didn't want to risk him getting hurt and them ending up paying him something like $13M in 2017 to sit out. 

At his request they re-did the deal to make that second year (2017) non-guaranteed, with a player opt out as well, so they could put him out there.  Everyone knew he was leaving either way.

Thanks. I knew it was his decision to walk away, and now he is paying the price for making what others would consider an informed decision. Too bad it was his gold digging girlfriend that was doing the informing.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 14, 2017, 02:42:48 PM
You just flunked civics.
My concern is broad.  I am concerned about civil rights - not just the top ten, either.  Some civil rights ARE protected in employment (not the First Amendment).
http://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/legal-resources/know-your-rights-at-work/title-vii/

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 06:17:50 PM
My concern is broad.  I am concerned about civil rights - not just the top ten, either.  Some civil rights ARE protected in employment (not the First Amendment).
http://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/legal-resources/know-your-rights-at-work/title-vii/

There is a big difference between the Bill of Rights and legislation that has been passed by congress. You seem to have a hard time understanding that.

The Bill of Rights constrains the federal government. Legislation constrains you.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 14, 2017, 04:56:40 PM
A few of the Golden State Warriors had been muttering all summer about not wanting to go to the Whte House to celebrate their championship when they go to DC to play the Wizards Bullets, as is tradition.  Living here, where their every comment is local news, it was pretty clear the coach and the rest of the team didn't want to go either.  When training camp for the new season started, the coach said they were going to get together as a team and decide, and one or two again said publicly they personally didn't want to go. 

I agree that happened.  But alsl, the following happened beforehand:
Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 14, 2017, 04:56:40 PM

The next day Trump was giving a speech endorsing a Senate candidate in the Alabama primary.  His spokesman said they decided not to invite the Warriors to the White House, and he tweeted the same thing, saying it was a great honor to be invited and since Curry didn't want to go they weren't going to be invited.  The players acted surprised and upset, no doubt because they wanted to virtue signal their hate for Trump by declining, and now they won't get the chance to do so

That same day, very likely still thinking about these iliterate players in general, he said during the Alabama speech, and I quote ''wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out, he's fired.  HE'S FIRED!  Wouldn''t ya love it?''

Surprisingly enough, the pretend media, who've been lying about him since the election have lied about this, making it sound like he's ordering the NFL owers and players what to do.

That's what set this whole thing off.  I haven't paid any attention to the tweets or comments he's made about it since

Ok, I see now on You-Tube that you are correct.  His quote was given a twist.  So he actually cloaked his wishes, as in If-Only-Someone-Else-Would-Command, not an actual Trump command.  But, he is the President, so a wished command would carry a lot of weight.  Oh well, you are right that he only expressed wishes.  At least he has that much foresight. Thank you for the correction.  There is a big difference between wishing versus ordering.

But it was incendiary.  "Bitch" toward athlete moms is "fighting words".  In some areas, fighting words can excuse a subsequent assault.  But, no one assaulted Trump even after his fighting words.  Him gladly imagining the mothers being insulted like that is a real cause for concern. 

You are right though.  People twisted the quote.  You Tube, and what you say did happen:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vrW-GI_9IL8

Jackstar

It's adorable watching you two spat, but "Civil Rights Act" could refer to no less than nine separate pieces of legislation--and neither of you have bothered to refer to which you refer.

Get the gas.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 14, 2017, 06:24:42 PM
There is a big difference between the Bill of Rights and legislation that has been passed by congress. You seem to have a hard time understanding that.

The Bill of Rights constrains the federal government. Legislation constrains you.

PB Deplorable is correct, in that The Bill of Rights does not cover employees by their employer.  But, I was just clarifying that while that may be true, let us not forget that there are other important civil rights which are protected in employment via the Civil Rights Act.

Whether one is talking about The Bill of Rights or The Civil Rights Act, my main point is that GEORGE is willing to put a price on allegiance, just like Trump.  Both basically said a paycheck should depend on coersion.  Both are all for buying someone's allegiance, as in a mercenary way.  At least, that's what I heard.

Legislation, such as The Civil Rights Act, may "constrain" some people (bullies), as you say, constrain.  But it also ensures liberties, not constraints, for the Disabled (and we do have an aging population), women, and people of diverse ethnic origins.  And George, lol.

And if one is going to really get detailed here, don't you think the real arguement should be about the U.S. Code and should-versus -shall..... not the Bill of Rights.  When considering Colins's situation, there are angles to explore besides the First Amendment about free speech.

I think my ideas are relevant, supported, thoughtful and worth considering.  My high school did not require civics, quite a weird thing I see now.  Lack of civics indoctrinaton has its advantages, as I got to U.S. Code should-versus-shall faster than anyone else I have seen here yet.  Pretty good for not being a lawyer.  What if I had wanted to be an attorney, instead of just sailing through a graduate class on legal research?  Can you imagine not having civics in your high school transcript and trying to get into law school!  Ridiculous.  But, alas, our high school did not require civics, and our advisor was creepy toward girls.  He talked about us in terms of which of us were desirable, bringing The Civil Rights Act back to mind for the obvious reason of sexual harassment.

Who else do we know who lets loose on which women are attractive, pretty AND fun, incredibly gorgeous, sexy AND with personality, and look great in lingere?  Hmmmmmmm.

I even think connections between the Civil Rights Act and Colin K.'s employer could definately be drawn here.  If he were white, would anyone even have cared to pick at the situation.  Have whites in other public venues done the same thing?  It would be interesting to know.  Come forward, please.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on October 14, 2017, 06:53:06 PM
It's adorable watching you two spat, but "Civil Rights Act" could refer to no less than nine separate pieces of legislation--and neither of you have bothered to refer to which you refer.

Get the gas.
Ok.  It's starting to feel like a stretch to link this to George.  Maybe that politics thread can heat up later.  I have to go.  But we are on the same side when it comes to gravity as a general concept, that's for sure.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 07:17:56 PM
PB Deplorable is correct, in that The Bill of Rights does not cover employees by their employer.  But, I was just clarifying that while that may be true, let us not forget that there are other important civil rights which are protected in employment via the Civil Rights Act.

Whether one is talking about The Bill of Rights or The Civil Rights Act, my main point is that GEORGE is willing to put a price on allegiance, just like Trump.  Both basically said a paycheck should depend on coersion.  Both are all for buying someone's allegiance, as in a mercenary way.  At least, that's what I heard.

Legislation, such as The Civil Rights Act, may "constrain" some people (bullies), as you say, constrain.  But it also ensures liberties, not constraints, for the Disabled (and we do have an aging population), women, and people of diverse ethnic origins.  And George, lol.

And if one is going to really get detailed here, don't you think the real arguement should be about the U.S. Code and should-versus -shall..... not the Bill of Rights.  When considering Colins's situation, there are angles to explore besides the First Amendment about free speech.

I think my ideas are relevant, supported, thoughtful and worth considering.  My high school did not require civics, quite a weird thing I see now.  Lack of civics indoctrinaton has its advantages, as I got to U.S. Code should-versus-shall faster than anyone else I have seen here yet.  Pretty good for not being a lawyer.  What if I had wanted to be an attorney, instead of just sailing through a graduate class on legal research?  Can you imagine not having civics in your high school transcript and trying to get into law school!  Ridiculous.  But, alas, our high school did not require civics, and our advisor was creepy toward girls.  He talked about us in terms of which of us were desirable, bringing The Civil Rights Act back to mind for the obvious reason of sexual harassment.

Who else do we know who lets loose on which women are attractive, pretty AND fun, incredibly gorgeous, sexy AND with personality, and look great in lingere?  Hmmmmmmm.

I even think connections between the Civil Rights Act and Colin K.'s employer could definately be drawn here.  If he were white, would anyone even have cared to pick at the situation.  Have whites in other public venues done the same thing?  It would be interesting to know.  Come forward, please.

You are having a real difficult time understanding the situation. There is nothing here involving civil rights.

Kaepernick had a contract with an opt-out clause. He opted out and lost any chance of continued emplyment with the 49ers.

He thought he was worth millions on the open market and people would be beating down a path to get him to sign and more money than he could have made with the 49ers.

Noone wanted to hire him. Was it his past performance, his future potential, the fact he chose to disrespect the flag and the country, or was it just the way he answered the phone when other teams called?

Read my lips. Trump did not start this. Kaepernick HAS NOT PLAYED THIS YEAR.

His girlfriend went on the radio and called the NFL owners a bunch of racists. Then a few athletes chose to take a knee in support of him. None of them have had any civil rights violated and there have not been any repercussions that I have seen. But the point is that if Jerry Jones wants to tell his players that if they don’t stand, they don’t play, that is within his rights as an owner of the team.

This has nothing to do with race or civil rights.

p.s.  Check with the state you live in. Not all states require you to go to law school. You just have to be aboe to pass the bar.

Parris001

Quote from: Jojo on October 14, 2017, 01:06:45 PM
Annie has gotten a little more hardball-y, I noticed.

Annie is a fucking moron.