Election night 2016

Started by bateman, November 08, 2016, 11:02:51 AM

chefist

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:53:42 AM
Trump won 1 electoral vote in Maine.

2nd District...I was wondering about that...cool

zeebo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:47:11 AM
Sure, but delegate to people to implement what policies?  You voted for a person (I assume you voted for Trump) on the basis of "I have no idea what he actually wants to do as President and I hope he finds good people to tell him what he should do"?

I can understand if you mainly voted to prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming President, but, and not to go after you personally too much, I'd say that is an abdication of your democratic responsibility as well as a kind of indictment of democracy itself.

Take my civil responsibility very seriously, the principal is important even if my vote means nothing (being on the west coast).  And btw I didn't vote for either major party candidate this year. 

136 or 142

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 09, 2016, 02:53:54 AM
You asked a dumb fucking question. Idiot.

I think he's just ignorant of what Hitler did prior to the war.  I don't think he meant any harm.

flimflam384

Surprising election results, but I'm not convinced that Trump is the next Hitler anyways.  He is going to make a buck, and I doubt anybody but his friends will get a cut.  It's going to be a shit show, but the good news is it won't last more than four years.  SNL will be a riot and punk rock will make a comeback.

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on November 09, 2016, 02:56:14 AM
Take my civil responsibility very seriously, the principal is important even if my vote means nothing (being on the west coast).  And btw I didn't vote for either major party candidate this year.

OK, fair enough.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:56:26 AM
I think he's just ignorant of what Hitler did prior to the war.  I don't think he meant any harm.

Point taken. Sorry Trostol. BEEN A LONG NIGHT.

Quote from: flimflam384 on November 09, 2016, 02:56:43 AM
Surprising election results, but I'm not convinced that Trump is the next Hitler anyways.  He is going to make a buck, and I doubt anybody but his friends will get a cut.  It's going to be a shit show, but the good news is it won't last more than four years.  SNL will be a riot and punk rock will make a comeback.

Even if that's all that happens, I would be pretty stoked.  :)

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, well you doubted he would ever win so what the fuck do you know?!  ::)

trostol

hey what do you know..Hitler did do go for his country before he went ape shit crazy

http://www.topinfopost.com/2015/01/05/things-you-were-not-told-about-hitler

so yeah..

SNL will be a riot and punk rock will make a comeback.

The needed silver lining. Thank you.

136 or 142

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/796273905233252352

I think Krauthammer is an evil psychopath, but I'm sure he's writing here on behalf of a number of Congressional Republicans.

There were a lot of centrist Republicans in Congress when Reagan became President in 1980 who weren't thrilled with a lot of his agenda, but at least Reagan had an agenda and they acknowledged his mandate and helped Reagan implement it.

I can just imagine the Congressional Committees trying to write legislation on building a wall along the south western American border and getting Mexico to pay for it.

I doubt it. A big overseas war is coming, 2 years in.

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 02:56:59 AM
OK, fair enough.

Who made you the arbiter of "fair"? Fuck off, you lying fascist apologist reprobate troglodyte. I hope you get ass cancer on your face.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 03:00:22 AM
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/796273905233252352

I think Krauthammer is an evil psychopath, but I'm sure he's writing here on behalf of a number of Congressional Republicans.

There were a lot of centrist Republicans in Congress when Reagan became President in 1980 who weren't thrilled with a lot of his agenda, but at least Reagan had an agenda and they acknowledged his mandate and helped Reagan implement it.

I can just imagine the Congressional Committees trying to write legislation on building a wall along the south western American border and getting Mexico to pay for it.

Yep, he's a total wanker and probably not long for this world.

theONE

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 09, 2016, 02:58:15 AM

Point taken. Sorry Trostol. BEEN A LONG NIGHT.

you are classy guy FTF ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: trostol on November 09, 2016, 02:59:20 AM
hey what do you know..Hitler did do go for his country before he went ape shit crazy

http://www.topinfopost.com/2015/01/05/things-you-were-not-told-about-hitler

so yeah..

That site quotes A.P Taylor who is a well known Holocaust denier and not a respected historian. 

It's likely a myth that the Nazis ended vivisection of animals as its likely based on the myth that Hitler was a vegetarian (even Vincent Bugliosi believed this as he said to Charles Manson 'I understand Hitler loved animals.)  However, to the degree that it may be true, it's because the Nazis started experimenting on humans.

=Schlyder=

I am repeating something I read about the Comey/FBI emails clusterfuck.   It is possible they are not going to bring charges until Obama is out, so he cannot interfere or pardon her.
This makes sense if they really want to nail her, and possibly nail Obama too, as I will bet dollars to doughnuts, he is as dirty as the rest.

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on November 09, 2016, 03:01:17 AM
Who made you the arbiter of "fair"? Fuck off, you lying fascist apologist reprobate troglodyte. I hope you get ass cancer on your face.

Most of those things are descriptions of Trump, not of me.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 09, 2016, 03:05:23 AM
Most of those things are descriptions of Trump, not of me.

It's like bantering with a fucking 3 year old. Bring back ignore, mv!  >:(

Quote from: Schlyder7 on November 09, 2016, 03:05:03 AM
I am repeating something I read about the Comey/FBI emails clusterfuck.   It is possible they are not going to bring charges until Obama is out, so he cannot interfere or pardon her.
This makes sense if they really want to nail her, and possibly nail Obama too, as I will bet dollars to doughnuts, he is as dirty as the rest.

That is an extremely interesting thought... you may be onto something.

There seems to be a wide gulf between the Obamas and the Clintons as it's well known Barack does not like Hillary. The guy was suppressing laughing for fuck sake while talking her up at the DNC. However it is extremely interesting that all of the elite Democratic politicians practically went into hiding in the last week or so of her campaign. For instance the Obamas cancelled all of their Hillnasty rally appearances inexplicably.

theONE

Quote from: Schlyder7 on November 09, 2016, 03:05:03 AM

VERY INTERESTING OPTIONS

136 or 142

The aggregate final polls had Hillary Clinton winning by something like 3.5%  She's likely to win the popular vote by 1%. So they actually weren't too far off.

The state polling though was considerably off in a number of states.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 09, 2016, 03:07:53 AM

The things you're quoting from me weren't even addressed to you.  You really are a sore winner.  What's your problem?

theONE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 09, 2016, 03:07:53 AM

just scroll past by ...that's what I do
waste of time -always ends up as the same nonsense

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 09, 2016, 03:08:57 AM
That is an extremely interesting thought... you may be onto something.

There seems to be a wide gulf between the Obamas and the Clintons as it's well known Barack does not like Hillary. The guy was suppressing laughing for fuck sake while talking her up at the DNC. However it is extremely interesting that all of the elite Democratic politicians practically went into hiding in the last week or so of her campaign. For instance the Obamas cancelled all of their Hillnasty rally appearances inexplicably.

Obama's clearly in on it though. He lied about knowing she had a private server when he was receiving emails from her through it.  ;)

JesusJuice

Chris Chan is on Twitter asking for people to shoot Trump in the head.