• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dsz

I hadn't sought out any other Jigsaw songs before. Now I see why Sky High was their only hit.

Quote from: WinWinS on May 22, 2018, 01:02:09 AM
you too

lol.  Used a question mark accidentally.
Tough on this phone I'm using now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 22, 2018, 01:01:58 AM
Oh, me too!  Jeez the rabbit holes you go down.  Thank you for pointing out!

You started it. Iron filings and sulfuric acid. Handy to know if I ever need to make some.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 11:30:13 PM
I will have very dramatic and shocking news about Heather Wade in 2 or 3 days to announce.
Just working on few details with couple of sources.
If it's true, she is going down.
IF is a HUGE word. But you need to have proof!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on May 22, 2018, 01:01:30 AM
I don't see why, esp. if you have a choice of how they're threaded thru.

How many souls are there and how many soul groups are their? You realize that you have to treat a soul group like set principles with each member of the set being in that set only while they are alive. So a soul group may only be 100% intact for 1 day and it could be 110 years before the last soul gets recycled. So do the other souls in the group that died early come back or do they have to wait until the set is complete and can be recycled as a group?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 22, 2018, 01:01:45 AM
Dreamland is on?  Cool.

I haven't listened to that in a while.

Yeah, it was weird hearing that music again lol.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 22, 2018, 12:35:05 AM
Never said it wasn’t. If you believe Jesus died for all of your sins, you have to believe he died for all of theirs as well.
Nope... The unforgivable sin.  Certainly that is not blasphemy against the holy spirit, but whatever we most want to demonize in a given generation? ;)

Rix Gins

Quote from: mgordon on May 22, 2018, 12:37:42 AM
Some guy is ranting politics on LNM right now.   It's horrible.

It used to be that way here, until Art died.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: dsz on May 21, 2018, 11:41:12 PM
I guess Heather can take it as a compliment that, amongst all the hate, there really are people out there that are that jealous of her.
Really, are u one!?  She is a flaming mess going down to crash and be smashed like the bat shit crazy bed bug she is, a complete and totally broken unfixable mess. Who is jealous of that? If u are please say so. Inquiring minds want to know.
The worse part is it was all completely avoidable and she did it all to herself.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 22, 2018, 12:48:41 AM
See the profile button on the menu?
Click on it and ignore is under modify profile.
It is self-explanatory after that.
Speaking of blasphemy- I would just like to point out that Liberace giveth, and Liberace taketh away.  (It is nice to see that he gaveth it back, in the end.)  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 22, 2018, 01:15:06 AM
Nope... The unforgivable sin.  Certainly that is not blasphemy against the holy spirit, but whatever we most want to demonize in a given generation? ;)

Next decade it will be not paying your student loan.

Quote from: WOTR on May 22, 2018, 01:19:17 AM
Speaking of blasphemy- I would just like to point out that Liberace giveth, and Liberace taketh away.  (It is nice to see that he gaveth it back, in the end.)  :)

Well,  I don't necessarily like it but when someone odious is around then I don't want to deprive people of tuning him/her out.

Turned it to Jorch since we just heard owl man on Dave's show.
Jorch's guest actually seems kinda interesting.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 22, 2018, 01:23:32 AM
Jorch's guest actually seems kinda interesting.
I would join you- but (mercifully) Coast is no longer on the air in my city, and I can't be bothered to find a place on the net to hear Jorch.  My mental health has actually improved since they stopped broadcasting him (also, my drywall repair bills and cost for replacement radios has dropped steeply.)

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Bluejay on May 22, 2018, 12:26:42 AM

Is that Poppy? Because beware, "Poppy is a little sloppy!"

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 22, 2018, 01:29:15 AM
I would join you- but (mercifully) Coast is no longer on the air in my city, and I can't be bothered to find a place on the net to hear Jorch.  My mental health has actually improved since they stopped broadcasting him (also, my drywall repair bills and cost for replacement radios has dropped steeply.)

Here since you won’t hear it on coast

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-heart-eggs/egg-a-day-tied-to-lower-risk-of-heart-disease-idUSKCN1IM2G9

Quote from: WOTR on May 22, 2018, 01:29:15 AM

LOL.  I understand completely.  Paul Rimmasch is talking about lost gold mines in the southwest and a bit of the history of the Aztecs.  I love this sort of topic.

Maybe if Ed Dames listens, he could finally find out where Art's gold is. Not that he needs it now. :P

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 22, 2018, 12:34:21 AM
I would credit the guest a little more if someone could corroborate military balloon use during the Crimean War.  20 minutes of googling turns up nothing.
I think the US Civil War was the first time it was used in combst by the military for observation and intell gathering.

dsz

Quote from: spookcat on May 22, 2018, 01:23:58 AM
Wanted to put this in here really quick.

http://rense.com/general/artretires.htm

Thank you very much. That addresses all the garbage that has been posted here the past day or so. Gunderson sounds like a real piece.

dsz

Quote from: spookcat on May 22, 2018, 01:23:58 AM
Wanted to put this in here really quick.

http://rense.com/general/artretires.htm

A curious point in that article... Naomi Judd had her own national radio show?!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 22, 2018, 12:40:44 AM
They did, but if I remember right that was their first use as such.  The earliest date I can find for the British messing around with it is 1862.
Like I said...
With the outbreak of the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln did consider the possibility of an air-war mechanism. This had some of the top balloonists in the country vying for position as chief aeronaut of a would-be aeronautics division. The scientific community as well showed great support in influencing Washington to consider the use of balloons. Eventually it was Prof. Thaddeus S. C. Lowe who would be awarded the title Chief Aeronaut of the Union Army Balloon Corps.

The first major-scale use of balloons in the military occurred during the American Civil War with the Union Army Balloon Corps established and organized by Prof. Thaddeus S. C. Lowe in the summer of 1861. Originally, the balloons were inflated with coal gas from municipal services and then walked out to the battlefield, an arduous and inefficient operation as the balloons had to be returned to the city every four days for re-inflation. Eventually hydrogen gas generators, a compact system of tanks and copper plumbing, were constructed which converted the combining of iron filings and sulfuric acid to hydrogen. The generators were easily transported with the uninflated balloons to the field on a standard buckboard. However, this method shortened the life of the balloons, because traces of the sulfuric acid often entered the balloons along with the hydrogen.[2] In all, Lowe built seven balloons that were fit for military service.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 22, 2018, 01:41:42 AM
I think the US Civil War was the first time it was used in combst by the military for observation and intell gathering.

That is what I always heard, too, but here we have pushed it back to 1794 (in upper right)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fleurus_(1794)

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 22, 2018, 01:47:35 AM
Like I said...
With the outbreak of the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln did consider the possibility of an air-war mechanism. This had some of the top balloonists in the country vying for position as chief aeronaut of a would-be aeronautics division. The scientific community as well showed great support in influencing Washington to consider the use of balloons. Eventually it was Prof. Thaddeus S. C. Lowe who would be awarded the title Chief Aeronaut of the Union Army Balloon Corps.

The first major-scale use of balloons in the military occurred during the American Civil War with the Union Army Balloon Corps established and organized by Prof. Thaddeus S. C. Lowe in the summer of 1861. Originally, the balloons were inflated with coal gas from municipal services and then walked out to the battlefield, an arduous and inefficient operation as the balloons had to be returned to the city every four days for re-inflation. Eventually hydrogen gas generators, a compact system of tanks and copper plumbing, were constructed which converted the combining of iron filings and sulfuric acid to hydrogen. The generators were easily transported with the uninflated balloons to the field on a standard buckboard. However, this method shortened the life of the balloons, because traces of the sulfuric acid often entered the balloons along with the hydrogen.[2] In all, Lowe built seven balloons that were fit for military service.

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 22, 2018, 01:51:01 AM
That is what I always heard, too, but here we have pushed it back to 1794 (in upper right)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fleurus_(1794)

That makes sense since Jules Verne was knowledgeable about the use of balloons in such a manner.  One might assume he might have been privy to that knowledge before the American Civil War.

Jojo

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 22, 2018, 12:19:12 AM
The Pope even said that there was no Hell, if you believe in Christ you go to heaven, if you don't then you just disappear into nothingness.
The Bible makes a case for that, for soul destruction.  But usually after atonement torture sufficient to pay for one's sins.

Seventh Day Adventists make a good case for a pope being the Anti-Christ.  And the Catholic Church does seem to have that false church vibe?

dsz

Quote from: spookcat on May 22, 2018, 12:36:11 AM
Do you think precognition is your past or future self trying to tell or warn you about something?

It's angels!

Who knows. I've had it in dreams. Not sure how useful it is when usually shit happens anyway.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on May 22, 2018, 01:15:06 AM
The Unpardonable Sin is Debinked:

http://www.equip.org/article/the-unforgivable-sin/

https://billygraham.org/answer/what-is-the-unpardonable-sin-i-am-afraid-i-may-have-committed-it/

It still makes me uneasy that Billy Graham died in February after I quoted him in January in the Random Topics thread The Unpardonable Sin is Debunked.

Just proves coincidences really do happen?

Kolchak

I went and watched a movie with friends. We spent so long dissecting it that Good Dave was already done. But it's amazing that Dave's show has spawned so many pages of discussion. Heather never came close. People used to only listened to mock, not discuss.