Super Bowl 2017

Started by Juan, February 04, 2017, 02:43:24 PM

Mr. Fidget

Nobody mentioned the C2C guest Brian Tuohy, author
and host of www.thefixisin.net

paladin1991

Quote from: MachiaVelli on February 05, 2017, 09:52:22 PM
!?

You and Milo should hold each other. Deep Embrace.

But no tounge.  That would be gay.

It looks like Putin is getting another Super bowl ring

pate

Quote from: lukathing03🗾🇯🇵🗻🌸 on February 05, 2017, 06:50:22 PM
so who won this foosball game?

Lady GuiGuie-gi had several instances of futbol-lyte that well were illuminating, how did it all aynd rind'hehe'how?

Heh

Zetaspeak

Do coaches lose their brain in the 4th quarter of Super Bowls?

Why would you risk to drop back when you are in field goal range up by 8 late in the game. A simple  FG wpold have made it a 2 score game.

I liked Gaga. Some flash, some patriotic medley to start it, some upbeat hits, then a "feely" song.

Did anyone notice a certain theme in this year ads?

Best question during the game, early on. "Why did Brady throw the ball to the other team "  ;D

What an amazing game!  Atlanta defense just fell apart in the 2nd half and Brady got his game on.  Falcons did really well and I will be cheering for them next time if the Patriots don't make it. The Falcons are a young team and will be back.  My money's on that. If it is a repeat matchup, I won't be disappointed if the Patriots lose next time.  They exceeded my expectations this time around.

As far as riots go, I watched the news and while there were a few instances of disgruntled fans, Atlanta was generally peaceful.  I really don't want to get into politics talking about sports. Too much is political these days. Just enjoy the games.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on February 06, 2017, 12:24:58 AM
Do coaches lose their brain in the 4th quarter of Super Bowls?

Why would you risk to drop back when you are in field goal range up by 8 late in the game. A simple  FG wpold have made it a 2 score game.

I liked Gaga. Some flash, some patriotic medley to start it, some upbeat hits, then a "feely" song.

Did anyone notice a certain theme in this year ads?

Best question during the game, early on. "Why did Brady throw the ball to the other team "  ;D

I was wondering why Brady was running the football so much in the 3rd quarter.  His running backs were generally going nowhere.  Seems like they could have come back quicker if they stuck to their passing game.

Gaga did a wonderful job.  She didn't try to make it political just patriotic.  She's the most talented musical artist of today's generation.

pate

Quote from: Zetaspeak on February 06, 2017, 12:24:58 AM

I liked Gaga.

Indeed, she seemed to channel some kindred Oz'rit!

Oy-eh!  thumb butt;  fair' m'alady, puh-lease?

Her ostentationious symbologona-gig yeah, was.  Mmm'illiontents?

Not Sure.

hah.  Daze of decoupage will be iNjoy'd...

Quote from: pate on February 06, 2017, 12:33:09 AM
Indeed, she seemed to channel some kindred Oz'rit!

Oy-eh!  thumb butt;  fair' m'alady, puh-lease?

Her ostentationious symbologona-gig yeah, was.  Mmm'illiontents?

Not Sure.

hah.  Daze of decoupage will be iNjoy'd...

You sound like you are really tanked tonight, pate. You working on your second keg? lol

pate

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 06, 2017, 12:36:23 AM
You sound like you are really tanked tonight, pate. You working on your second keg? lol

I ofte furgoat boan fides, heh...
/
Wot eminent, eminem'mint? (sp_) to append wus/wuz":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnpz3s252_M

'apogees, 'n suck.

I wil whaf two chuck yir ide'es, mynd..

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 06, 2017, 12:27:41 AM

As far as riots go, I watched the news and while there were a few instances of disgruntled fans, Atlanta was generally peaceful.  I really don't want to get into politics talking about sports. Too much is political these days. Just enjoy the games.

Amen to that.

Sports was the apolitical  gathering  where you can cheer or boo teams for multiple  reasons, from location, play style, personality , sympathy/coolness, rich team/underdogs, betting interest or something  as silly as cool uniforms.

But resorting to  political  reasons  is a truly  jump the shark moment  for the country..

WildCard

Fuck you all. That was awesome! You people just hate everything.

Edit: Oh, wow . . . never mind. Sometimes I talk to myself.

And the fact that the the only person who hated her is a Trump hater - delicious.
Means she hit all the right notes.

Things that bring me joy

Ciardelo

Animal Planet’s truly unFURgettable tradition: 10 adorable Puppy Bowl moments you need to watch

Brown puppies, white puppies, small puppies, big puppies, all breeds of puppies. Did I mention there are puppies?

pate

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 06, 2017, 05:24:15 AM...

Brown puppies, white puppies, small puppies, big puppies, all breeds of puppies. Did I mention there are puppies?

Tanks for spoiling the second half.  If I don't adopt that three-legged warrior somwon else will\.  Have you no shape-spoiler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhNCTH8pDs

I digress...

ediiot: Fur clarjce

albrecht

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 05, 2017, 11:34:19 PM
Nobody mentioned the C2C guest Brian Tuohy, author
and host of www.thefixisin.net
I thought of it but didn't post since wasn't at home last night. One thing I found interesting is the that half-time show was way longer than a normal half-time. Did this help The Patriots rest, draw-up some plays, get focused again etc? Or did Atlanta start drinking or doing the drugs early since they thought they had it in the bag?
ps: keep on Fidgeting!

Rix Gins

Quote from: albrecht on February 06, 2017, 05:39:33 PM
I thought of it but didn't post since wasn't at home last night. One thing I found interesting is the that half-time show was way longer than a normal half-time. Did this help The Patriots rest, draw-up some plays, get focused again etc? Or did Atlanta start drinking or doing the drugs early since they thought they had it in the bag?
ps: keep on Fidgeting!

If Gaga's terrific, extra long show helped the Pats get a second wind and/or regroup, then Brady owes her his jersey...if he had it to give. 

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on February 06, 2017, 07:02:55 PM
If Gaga's terrific, extra long show helped the Pats get a second wind and/or regroup, then Brady owes her his jersey...if he had it to give.
"One Riot Jersey, One Ranger"
http://www.khou.com/sports/nfl/superbowl/lt-gov-asks-texas-rangers-to-help-in-search-for-bradys-jersey/401128722

Juan

I'm surprised you Jackstar wannabes don't know that super bowl halftime shoes are always long.

The Falcons were doomed just for being the Falcons.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Juan on February 06, 2017, 07:24:07 PM
I'm surprised you Jackstar wannabes don't know that super bowl halftime shoes are always long.

The Falcons were doomed just for being the Falcons.

Actually it varies.  Prince's was 8 min.+.  Britney's-Aerowsmith was 9 min.+.  But you are right.  Most of the shows run at 12 min.+. though  Bruno Mar's, and Coldplay's were 13 min.+ and Beyonce's was 14 min. (Good old YouTube.)

The Falcons weren't doomed, they just lost their momentum, while the Pats gained theirs.       

Juan

Quote from: Rix Gins on February 06, 2017, 08:35:14 PM

The Falcons weren't doomed, they just lost their momentum, while the Pats gained theirs.     
The Falcons were doomed in 1965 when NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle chose Rankin Smith to own the new franchise over Lindsey Hopkins.  Smith admitted he knew nothing about football and showed it over his decades of ownership. 

Zetaspeak

Quote from: WildCard on February 06, 2017, 01:21:51 AM
Fuck you all. That was awesome! You people just hate everything.

Edit: Oh, wow . . . never mind. Sometimes I talk to myself.

And the fact that the the only person who hated her is a Trump hater - delicious.
Means she hit all the right notes.

Things that bring me joy

I think it's funny that some liberal friends were upset with her non-political show and Conservatives seem to love it

I think she was political in a way, it was just subtle. Starting with America the Beautiful and merging it with "This land is your land, this land is my land" I thought was certainly a statement.

To top it off a song like "Born this Way" as poppy and catchy as it is, is still a gay anthem. Getting to sing that in an NFL game, especially in front of Mike Pence was certainly a statement as well.

I think nowadays everybody think being political means u have to be a jerk about it like Sinead O'Connor/Ted Nugent. You can be subtle and effective, like Gaga was, and actually have people who aren't huge fans of her think "That ain't so bad" even though she singing about gay rights.

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on February 07, 2017, 05:05:30 PM
I think it's funny that some liberal friends were upset with her non-political show and Conservatives seem to love it

I think she was political in a way, it was just subtle. Starting with America the Beautiful and merging it with "This land is your land, this land is my land" I thought was certainly a statement.....

Yes alot of what was nice about it was her tone: upbeat, optimistic, patriotic - as opposed to that sort of scolding, confrontational style that we've seen before.  I think it was very cool and showed artists can express themselves more subtly, so that people of differing opinions can all have fun and feel included.  I found her opening rather inspiring tbh, and her whole performance was a kick.