• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

A Way With words - podcast for word geeks

Started by Inglorious Bitch, August 22, 2016, 10:12:13 AM

This is one of my favorite podcasts. If you want something interesting to listen to:

http://www.waywordradio.org/

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 22, 2016, 10:12:13 AM
This is one of my favorite podcasts. If you want something interesting to listen to:

You start a thread for this?

Why not the 'I just painted my nails' thread?

Don't try and pass yourself off as some refined lover of wordage when all you say most days is 'this is bullshit', 'fuck you, asshole' and 'nothing up the ass'.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 22, 2016, 10:21:51 AM
You start a thread for this?

Why not the 'I just painted my nails' thread?

Don't try and pass yourself off as some refined lover of wordage when all you say most days is 'this is bullshit', 'fuck you, asshole' and 'nothing up the ass'.

Lucky for you that I'm busy with those things otherwise I'd be off somewhere plotting your murder.  :P

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 22, 2016, 10:34:21 AM
Lucky for you that I'm busy with those things otherwise I'd be off somewhere plotting your murder.  :P

If the three of us plus RGG had a podcast, we could discuss the finer points of how you'd make SV's demise look like 'an accident' nudge nudge.

Or if it's wordage, how the southern softies can't pronounce bath without it sounding like barth. Then we can have a collective discussion on the niceties of how our two countries are separated by a common language.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 22, 2016, 11:14:52 AM

If the three of us plus RGG had a PC, we could discuss the finer points of how you'd make SV's demise looked like 'an accident' nudge nudge.

Or if it's wordage, how the southern softies can't pronounce bath without it sounding like barth. Then we can have a collective discussion on the niceties of how our two countries are separated by a common language.
Yorkie luv! Good to see you back! Yes, that would be one hell of a conversation!  :P

starrmtn001

Ah.  Boys will be boys.  Personally, I love it, IB.  Good on ya! ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 22, 2016, 11:14:52 AM

If the three of us plus RGG had a podcast, we could discuss the finer points of how you'd make SV's demise look like 'an accident' nudge nudge.

I would actually pay to hear that. ;) :-*

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 22, 2016, 01:05:53 PM
You're a sweetheart. I chuckled to myself when I re-listened to the gabcast and heard your story about the trip to the doctor and the lady naming animals in the other part of the room!  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 22, 2016, 01:05:53 PM

I know SV is cheap, and RGG even cheaper, however very few can afford me.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 22, 2016, 01:12:08 PM

I know SV is cheap, and RGG even cheaper, however very few can afford me.
Oh, I'm sure we can work something out, Sweet Cheeks. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 22, 2016, 01:09:38 PM
You're a sweetheart. I chuckled to myself when I re-listened to the gabcast and heard your story about the trip to the doctor and the lady naming animals in the other part of the room!  :D

GOLDFISH!!!   LOL. ;D

whoozit

Someone should point Bobo to this podcast.

Quote from: whoozit on August 22, 2016, 01:19:45 PM
Someone should point Bobo to this podcast.
Neither host has quit, so there would be little for Bobo to do.  :P

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 22, 2016, 01:20:39 PM
Neither host has quit, so there would be little for Bobo to do.  :P

Except maybe learn English and learn to spell.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 22, 2016, 01:22:49 PM
Except maybe learn English and learn to spell.

You want both? Have you no mercy?

PKaiser

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 22, 2016, 01:27:29 PM
You want both? Have you no mercy?

Yorkie! SV and IB thought I was you a couple of weeks ago on the gabcast, I was flattered and floored! Too funny!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PKaiser on August 22, 2016, 04:00:32 PM
Yorkie! SV and IB thought I was you a couple of weeks ago on the gabcast, I was flattered and floored! Too funny!

Floored I can understand. The flattered bit I can't. Its nothing to aspire to, to be mistaken for being me; SV can vouch for that with the 'difficult' episode he had in the back of a darkened taxi. He can of course laugh about it now, and the police were very understanding.

zeebo

Thanks for the tip IB, I'll check this one out.  I admit to being a bit of a word-nerd.  I've occasionally browsed thesaurses, and fretted over that last blank square in the NYT crossword.

akwilly

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 22, 2016, 10:12:13 AM

probably aint my cup of tee.

PKaiser

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 23, 2016, 12:16:41 AM
Floored I can understand. The flattered bit I can't. Its nothing to aspire to, to be mistaken for being me; SV can vouch for that with the 'difficult' episode he had in the back of a darkened taxi. He can of course laugh about it now, and the police were very understanding.

Well I was flattered because here's this Midwestern guy doing a Liverpudlian accent on the gabcast that fooled a London native.  IB I understand, but Sred?  It was very flattering to hear him say "I know who this is... it's Yorkshire Pud."

I had a lot of fun that night....

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PKaiser on August 23, 2016, 07:37:54 AM
IB I understand, but Sred?  It was very flattering to hear him say "I know who this is... it's Yorkshire Pud."

It might have had something to do with the fact that it was four in the morning, and I  find it very hard to listen clearly when I have my face pack on.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: zeebo on August 23, 2016, 01:25:46 AM
Thanks for the tip IB, I'll check this one out.  I admit to being a bit of a word-nerd.  I've occasionally browsed thesaurses, and fretted over that last blank square in the NYT crossword.

But not dictionaries...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 23, 2016, 08:20:07 AM
It might have had something to do with the fact that it was four in the morning, and I  find it very hard to listen clearly when I have my face pack on.

Yeah, but it makes all the difference hunny bun.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PKaiser on August 23, 2016, 07:37:54 AM
Well I was flattered because here's this Midwestern guy doing a Liverpudlian accent on the gabcast that fooled a London native.  IB I understand, but Sred?  It was very flattering to hear him say "I know who this is... it's Yorkshire Pud."

I had a lot of fun that night....

All the more remarkable because I have never lived near Liverpool. I've probably been there three times in my life.

As far as SV is concerned anyone from north of Finsbury is a 'Northerner'. He can't help his abject sheltered life.

PKaiser

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 24, 2016, 12:15:07 AM
All the more remarkable because I have never lived near Liverpool. I've probably been there three times in my life.

As far as SV is concerned anyone from north of Finsbury is a 'Northerner'. He can't help his abject sheltered life.

Yeah, you guys all sound the same to them, lol!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 24, 2016, 12:15:07 AM

Fair comment, but I'm not unreasonable about this. If you live within the M25 (or 'the pale of civilisation', as I like to call it) I recognise your right to exist. I might even consent to dine with you occasionally and brighten your lives. As for the rest of you, you're all a bunch of flat-cap wearing hobbits.