• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Penis mv on December 02, 2016, 02:35:21 PM
The only hindrance seems to be  the stalker.

A) COPD
B) spine
C) family
D) family expansion
E) the presently complete inability to take open lines calls without having to do a massive backpedal on literally decades of blatant lying

recent addition to this list:

F) THE JACKSTAR CONUNDRUM

From now on, let's just say: "Because... because of reasons."

Look, look, read, read--just trust me on this. Come with me if you want to live.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on April 08, 2017, 05:37:26 PM
I have the most delightful story about my ex to share with you all. I promise.

I need someone with tits to call me and explain to me the Cornell Method of show-prep. Any one will do.

Not just anyone.

Juan

Quote from: Morgus on April 07, 2017, 06:57:43 PM
How about even once a month?  8)
On the first Sunday of the month opposite sNoory.

scentless

Once per month? No way. Let's be honest, he was phoning it in for a long time. I don't fault the man, though. I've burned out at a job before and half-assed it with a million excuses. Moved on to something else unrelated and was happy again.

BattyBrooke

The Dallas Thompson interview is on Tune-In Classic Art Bell show right now! I started a thread on this guest years ago asking what ever happened to him. No one knew. Listening for a 3rd time years later, my word, he is more batshit than I previously recalled. I wonder if he ever made his trek to the center of the hollow earth.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 08, 2017, 09:08:55 PM
The Dallas Thompson interview is on Tune-In Classic Art Bell show right now! I started a thread on this guest years ago asking what ever happened to him. No one knew. Listening for a 3rd time years later, my word, he is more batshit than I previously recalled. I wonder if he ever made his trek to the center of the hollow earth.

Some kid called art in dark matter on Sirus in the first week. Unfortunately, Dallas never got the chance to do his expedition. I recall reading that a few years ago,  no idea what website though.

I miss listening to new Art Bell episodes. Open lines with all the Syrian, Russian, election issues would be a hoot right now with Art.

scentless

I have that old CD Matrix collection, that's about it. Some I simply delete because I cannot listen to them. Anything involving Linda Moulton-Howe, Evelyn Paglini, that 'psychic' Sylvia Browne (who I wish would have been hit by a bus rather than die of natural causes if she's even dead - hope so) and time traveler 'Single 7', geez there are so many. Anything involving witchcraft or vampires I cannot listen to. Other odd-ends like ex-area 51 employees show was just a waste of 4 hours.

I think there was an old Spin magazine or Maxim magazine decent 2-3 pager where Art said he knows 80% of his guests are full of shit, but his platform was to allow them to say whatever they want without interference. I always liked that aspect of the show because I wanted to hear these clowns and give them their few hours of fame. It's just entertainment and at nighttime I think we all just like to listen to esoteric subjects.

The Art Bell show was entertainment. If he could find a way to get back to that, I'd be all in. But he's the same age as my Dad, a retired fire captain. He's done working. Why the hell would Art wanna come back unless it's in his blood to work until his dying day.

ShayP

I really don't even read this thread anymore.  Art possibly does, but rarely posts.  Is it because we hate him or because most people just like to talk shit.  I'm disappointed with Art and feel he is totally full of shit. Regardless. Wouldn't it be nice to have him talking to us about anything? Occasionally?  There is no point in an Art Bell thread without Art Bell.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Epaphroditus on April 02, 2017, 06:57:06 PM
You poor heartbroken soul , what happened to Heather The Feather ?

That was me just joking around because that is my nature.

Honestly,

ahem,

I don't give two shits about Heather. I listened to her show for like 15 seconds on youtube because she was talking about being a witch or something funny like that. No idea why anyone would pay $5 a month for her archives.

-------

You just need a mic and a computer to do a podcast.

Why the need for this whole expensive live streaming setup? Why keep some bloated operation around if it is not making money?

If it is for the fans then why charge for archives to listen to Heather Wade?

Ok so the idea is we gotta take live calls..

therefore,

Does needing to take live calls justify the huge expense of the entire bloated Dark Matter Network business?

Why can't Art just drop a podcast occasionally for his fans? Forget live calls. It would literally be free and Apple would pay for the hosting. Wouldn't be long before major advertisers came knocking. He could work with "Podcast One" or a similar company who knows what they are doing.

Surely that would have been better than this current situation with so many unhappy fans who not only felt duped by Sirius but were also feeling duped into supporting a network that now has a totally different person heading the flagship show.

I mean you can't blame that bad business dealings on the people complaining. That is equivalent to a corporation not giving any type of warranty on their product. I pay means I can complain all day.

slatetungsten

As many times as he has done the whole dramatic exits he has over time, i think in a weird sort of way, hes likes to be cyber begged and hangs onto this great mystery of, "wheres art bell" that was over long ago. Also, I believe when SIRIUSXM knocked him off his high horse, his ego never really recovered. And, I might add, I think his personal preferences are what scares him away. Look at the latest Micheal Savage lawsuit, enough said. Heather Wade, what a joke. I would spend a solar charge to listen, period.

ninjashoes

Quote from: slatetungsten on April 08, 2017, 11:51:36 PM
As many times as he has done the whole dramatic exits he has over time, i think in a weird sort of way, hes likes to be cyber begged and hangs onto this great mystery of, "wheres art bell" that was over long ago. Also, I believe when SIRIUSXM knocked him off his high horse, his ego never really recovered. And, I might add, I think his personal preferences are what scares him away. Look at the latest Micheal Savage lawsuit, enough said. Heather Wade, what a joke. I would spend a solar charge to listen, period.

I don't even understand why Art thought he could convince Sirius to stream his show for free.

That is an insane demand. I listen to Howard Stern and I know how horrible Sirius can be in terms of not fully respecting talent like they should, however Sirius is a corporation run by people who had nothing to do with its creation. Expecting them to cave to those demands would be contradictory to the very idea of a paid service.

I would rather pay Sirius and get other stations including Stern rather than pay $5 for archives.

Robert

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 08, 2017, 11:23:05 PMYou just need a mic and a computer to do a podcast.

Why the need for this whole expensive live streaming setup? Why keep some bloated operation around if it is not making money?

If it is for the fans then why charge for archives to listen to Heather Wade?

Ok so the idea is we gotta take live calls..

therefore,

Does needing to take live calls justify the huge expense of the entire bloated Dark Matter Network business?

Why can't Art just drop a podcast occasionally for his fans? Forget live calls. It would literally be free and Apple would pay for the hosting. Wouldn't be long before major advertisers came knocking. He could work with "Podcast One" or a similar company who knows what they are doing.

Surely that would have been better than this current situation with so many unhappy fans who not only felt duped by Sirius but were also feeling duped into supporting a network that now has a totally different person heading the flagship show.
Do we know that DMDN as a whole does not make $ as a streaming service?  Did it ever occur to you that the marginal cost of staying on 24/7, therefore having an overnight slot to fill, may be nil?  Or that "the flagship show" is now mostly filler on the schedule?  What station has its flagship show or talent overnight?  What movie house makes its $ chiefly on midnight shows?

You can get some idea of the cost of keeping a stream online by looking at the books of a not-for-profit foundation doing so.  I gave WFMU as an example a while back.  It may be a little hard to tease out the cost of an individual stream from their books, but it's not insuperable.  One of their services, the Give The Drummer Stream, is on 24/7 with a slowly increasing number of live-emceed programs (mostly DJs) and the rest a curated automated recorded music program; the live-emceed programs originate from various locations.  Donations to Auricle Communications support that alongside WFMU's broadcasting, streaming, and other projects.

Over this winter (they seem to have pulled the plug) there was NewtRadio.org , an advertising-supported project of The Newton [NJ] Theatre, that was run by former staff of a Centenary College station that was sold.  Largely it existed to promote the Theatre.  It was a 24/7 stream that was majority live DJ'd, the rest curated automated music, and they also originated at least one program for another streaming service that simul-streamed them.  The fact that they got off the ground shows it's not that expensive, but the fact that they stopped shows the costs of streaming aren't trivial.  They were in a storefront in downtown Newton.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Daniel End of Days Radio on April 09, 2017, 12:41:20 AM
I don't even understand why Art thought he could convince Sirius to stream his show for free.

there are plenty of talk shows carried on sirius/xm which can be heard streaming for free.  his show would have been just another of those.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Robert on April 09, 2017, 08:00:32 AM
Do we know that DMDN as a whole does not make $ as a streaming service?  Did it ever occur to you that the marginal cost of staying on 24/7, therefore having an overnight slot to fill, may be nil?  Or that "the flagship show" is now mostly filler on the schedule?  What station has its flagship show or talent overnight?  What movie house makes its $ chiefly on midnight shows?

You can get some idea of the cost of keeping a stream online by looking at the books of a not-for-profit foundation doing so.  I gave WFMU as an example a while back.  It may be a little hard to tease out the cost of an individual stream from their books, but it's not insuperable.  One of their services, the Give The Drummer Stream, is on 24/7 with a slowly increasing number of live-emceed programs (mostly DJs) and the rest a curated automated recorded music program; the live-emceed programs originate from various locations.  Donations to Auricle Communications support that alongside WFMU's broadcasting, streaming, and other projects.

Over this winter (they seem to have pulled the plug) there was NewtRadio.org , an advertising-supported project of The Newton [NJ] Theatre, that was run by former staff of a Centenary College station that was sold.  Largely it existed to promote the Theatre.  It was a 24/7 stream that was majority live DJ'd, the rest curated automated music, and they also originated at least one program for another streaming service that simul-streamed them.  The fact that they got off the ground shows it's not that expensive, but the fact that they stopped shows the costs of streaming aren't trivial.  They were in a storefront in downtown Newton.

I get what your saying however the cost does grow exponentially in proportion to live streamers.

It cost close to nothing to stream to a few hundred people, even a thousand is relatively cheap. Once you get into Art Bell numbers then things get too expensive and it isn't cost effective like podcasting.

With podcasting, the data is stored in a cloud format and consistent connections and multiple computers steaming the same live source is not necessarily so you don't have to deal with data buffering like with live concurrent listeners. Basically the signal is not all fed down the same pipeline at once. It isn't the technology that is the problem. It is the cost of getting so many servers working for you at once.

slatetungsten

anyway you look at it, enjoy the old shows on tunein and etc, arts toast and Heather Wade is a joke.

Ciardelo

slatetungsten

not if it keeps throwing itself in the trash like art

Quote from: slatetungsten on April 09, 2017, 04:34:32 PM
anyway you look at it, enjoy the old shows on tunein and etc, arts toast and Heather Wade is a joke.

Indeed.

Quote from: slatetungsten on April 09, 2017, 06:30:22 PM
not if it keeps throwing itself in the trash like art

What are your thoughts on Arts' breasts?

malliard

if you are worried about severs and such, great free service out there with no limit on listeners... a little site you may have heard of before, YouTube.

mikuthing01

Quote from: slatetungsten on April 08, 2017, 11:51:36 PM

Nani wo suru tsumori desu ka Art Bell-chan?

slatetungsten

man, never really thought of arts breasts. ugh

mikuthing01

Quote from: slatetungsten on April 09, 2017, 09:35:57 PM
man, never really thought of arts breasts. ugh

Why not, are you gay or something?

ge30542

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 09, 2017, 04:38:43 PM
I love toast.

Hidden in that statement is a clue to Art's return.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ge30542 on April 09, 2017, 10:17:15 PM
Hidden in that statement is a clue to Art's return.

Art will return to air during the rapture?  ???