• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

opperation golem

Started by elbee, September 26, 2012, 05:22:33 AM

elbee

Sorry i have been away, i have had a really hard time the last couple of weeks. to the extent I slit my wrist and ended up in ER

Im not saying it for sympathy just to say why I have been away

What is happening ? whats needed?

ziznak

holy shit dude... ummmm... nothings happeneeen and... take care of yourself damnit!!

ziznak

Quote from: ziznak on October 14, 2012, 05:22:30 AM
holy shit dude... ummmm... nothings happeneeen and... take care of yourself damnit!!
OK i may have sounded a bit sarcastic there but I was assuming you were joking... you were joking right?

anyhooooo
if you weren't joking check out the snoory clips that eddie dean uploaded... I grabbed them all today after I was sure my thunderous hangover headache thing had stopped.  I put them in a playlist and just ran the thing on random a bunch of times and as a result I believe I may have urinated or soiled myself or both... sounds like a group of jorch's sitting around playing cards or something... nice work eddie dean... got any more???

oh and my headache is back.

ziznak

a simple online version so far... but you can see how easy it would be to train a monkey to operate it and make your own C2C shows... or take calls... or make calls... ahhh the possibilities are endless!
http://www.soundboard.com/sb/golemsoundboard

elbee

those are ace, so if i get some more clips, you can put them into the soundboard right?

ill disect a show tomorrow morning and pm you the clips :D

ziznak

The soundboard now has more than enough sound clips to make your own interview thanks to ego fart and mr dean's sound file ups.  I'd like to ask that anybody else who wishes to contribute files and stuff to the project still do so.  Check out the board as it is now and if you have some classic noory lines that aren't there yet let us know.  Even if we have a sound uploaded it's good to have a few version's of his many typical snoorisms... we've got a couple laughs I'm sure a few more would be great.  Another "unbelievable" or some varied yes's and no's would be welcome too... send whatever you think would be useful.  Right now I can fit all 50 tracks in three column mode on screen.  I've tried to edit the default order so that the sounds are in categories.  Most of the typical interview stuff is in the first section and then towards the end I have a lot of the random one time phrases that might be used to string together some sort of crazy noory thoughts. 

I wouldn't say it's complete but it's def functional at this point:
all clips are downloadable too so if you're putting together a little scripted interview you can easily just grab whatever you need.

elbee

exellent, i will disect another interview. any ideas which interview has a lot of noorisms?

elbee

ps, also, i really need a link to an art bell interview, mp3.

so i can use art to interview nooron!

ManiacMatt

The darkness radio podcast interviewed Noory on 12/14/2011.  I don't know if it has a lot of nooryisms or not, but it has a lot of Noory talking.  It's a free podcast on itunes.

ziznak

hell any of his guests from the last few weeks shows should contain a lot of the isms.  the darkness radio podcast sounds like a pretty good source too...

art vs snooron holy shit ego yer a fucking genius.  That would be a classic no coincidence about that!

ziznak

86 total tracks... again I'm trying to group them in some sort of logical way.  Good stuff guys!

Juan

I'm dearly hoping to hear one night on open lines

sNoory - We'll go to George on the wild card line.  George you're on Coast to Coast AM.
George - how arrrreee yewww
sNoory - I'm fine George.
George - Sompin's happennin.
sNorry - Yes.
George - There are no coincidences.
etc.

Digitech

Sounds like you're really rolling with it.  A web-based board is probably a good way to go.

With mine I just made a small program on my desktop. One nice thing though is that I can add tab-pages to it, which really helps with organizing a huge amount of clips, which it sounds like you're going to have.

elbee

great work people, if everyone could help out just dissect one hour a night or every couple of nights into clips, then when we have a few hundred we can start to compile phrases for the call in :D

If you want a great audio workstation to cut up clips try Reaper.fm (its free!)

ziznak

Yeah this soundboard is going to function as more of a clip repository.  I plan on taking the best clips and making a more functional soundboard from that.  My goal is to have a large amount of clips that can be clicked blindly as a response to almost anything... you know the typical Nooryisms... "unbelievable", "thats amazeeeen" things like that.  There would also be your positive and negative answers... some laughs and stutters... and then maybe an area with some drawn out crazy noory thoughts in the ilk of the "mean baby"

albrecht

Quote from: ziznak on August 21, 2015, 05:36:45 PM
So awesome. Keep up the good work. Sometime, maybe on Apr 1, someone needs to call in using the board and really confuse Tommy and Norry.

ziznak

this board has been out there for a lil while now... just hearing it recently come up on hoagy's show and then a few convo's with one of the soundbyte collectors had me thinkin...

"I'll bet theres a few people on here that could use this board really well..."

rdarwish

I'm sorry to report this here, but I'm afraid you guys are too late.

This is how they've been running the show for years already. Noory hasn't actually been "live" on the show for about 5 years. He just goes in to the studio every so often to record a few new words when new trends pick up.

Take this news as a proof of concept of your hard work.

Echo

I think someone tried using this on Richard show but they ended up hanging up or was cut off.

Dyna-X

Someone used the Yukkk on RCH..

RCH: What's your name?
Caller: Yukkkh!
RCH: That's not a very nice name..(*hangs up*)

For the soundboard I'd love to find the "Was it an angel?" and "Was it a robot?" from when Dave was on those kicks.

BobGrau

Noory-sampling is an absolute joy sometimes.

I reccommend the april 1st shows if yer going to get all cut n'pastey   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj--SWu2s-0

pate

k, the spearmint, winded 'orribly Wong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abeUTN9OB8I

M'orror, m'orror..