• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why did Art Bell pick Heather Wade?

Started by Dwindling Stacks, October 17, 2016, 09:35:48 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 22, 2016, 11:11:41 AM
Hahaha I think we can agree on that.  I was more interested in annoying Shreddy with Frenchisms, and to present him with a face of marble-carved tranquility to replace the gibbering, credulous fools of his imagination.

Point of order: to suggest SV has gibbering credulous fools of his imagination is both hurtful and completely utterly wrong. He has never shown any imagination in the promised wild sexual entwinements that RGG and I were so looking forward to, and as a result of which, both of is gave up the opportunity of certain debauchery on a trans Atlantic flight in a custom furnished 747 with a dozen visually convincing transvestites for company. SV sold us a big fat nothing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2016, 11:33:07 AM
Point of order: to suggest SV has gibbering credulous fools of his imagination is both hurtful and completely utterly wrong. He has never shown any imagination in the promised wild sexual entwinements that RGG and I were so looking forward to, and as a result of which, both of is gave up the opportunity of certain debauchery on a trans Atlantic flight in a custom furnished 747 with a dozen visually convincing transvestites for company. SV sold us a big fat nothing.

I will concede this point.  The sexual imagination of the Englishman is prosaic and often shockingly puerile.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 22, 2016, 11:38:54 AM
I will concede this point.  The sexual imagination of the Englishman is prosaic and often shockingly puerile.

That could explain the almost hypnotic way that American women drool at the sound of an English male voice; (within reason of course. A Brummy isn't in the top ten).

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2016, 11:42:37 AM
That could explain the almost hypnotic way that American women drool at the sound of an English male voice; (within reason of course. A Brummy isn't in the top ten).

I believe you are on to something!  The standard, frequently mercenary, drive is turbocharged if you can engage the maternal.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2016, 11:33:07 AM

Yes to that - and on top of it he had nerves to criticize my English -what a pompous individual-

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 22, 2016, 06:28:34 AM
I think the rifle shots from the car probably happened but he read too much into it. It's not much of a threat if he wasn't aware of it and needed to hear about it second-hand from a neighbour. I'm pretty sure he said that there was a bit of disturbance that night anyway, so it was almost certainly people who'd had a bit too much to drink trying to stir up the neighbourhood rather than anything directed specifically at him. I think the whole story came out of a combination of paranoia, boredom (with the show) and isolation of one kind or another. When you are in that frame of mind then all sorts of things can seem like good ideas. I'm sure he saw the numbers for the show, which tailed off alarmingly after the first few weeks, and felt discouraged by that as well.

There's nothing wrong with being open-minded, as the man said, as long as it's not so open that your brain falls out. If someone has a history of quitting for various reasons then it's fair to subject his claims to a bit more scrutiny than someone you know nothing about. He made no effort to say that the show was on hiatus, it was a case of "well, that's that!" and he hasn't been back, apart from one show. I don't condemn your lack of cynicism, we need more of that sort of thing. On a separate point, I have a very nice bridge (ONO) that I'm trying to sell to a sucker discerning buyer. Interested?

Oh, the Art-Bellian genius of having an ongoing anonymous and unaccountable stalker threat to fall back on. Like continuing to make blackmail payments to a P.O. box for years after the last time you've heard from the blackmailer.

Just playing it really, really safe, we are supposed to believe. Too bad Art had spent so many years training his audience so well.

This whole script is like an old "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" except for the final satisfying twist of fate. Stay tuned -- but keep the picture on PIP. No point in waiting on the edge of your seat.

SredniVashtar

Hahaha I think we can agree on that.  I was more interested in annoying Shreddy with Frenchisms, and to present him with a face of marble-carved tranquility to replace the gibbering, credulous fools of his imagination.

In reply to your other post, I think there's a point at which steadfastly maintaining a position which can never be proven (see Shreddy's helpful comments about proving a negative) and is increasingly inconsequential becomes slightly gauche.  As this is a matter of taste opinions will vary considerably, but for me that is about now.

No more gauche than scattering gallicisms about the place, though, which I find rather declassé; but chacun à son gout. For me, Art stopped doing his best work well over a decade ago. I listened to the first couple of weeks before my interest petered out, with the same old guests and a general feeling of it being merely a retread of the old days. I wasn't invested in it in the way some were and I didn't really care when it stopped because I hadn't expected it to last very long. The only interest it held for me was the way that some were prepared to accept an obvious fib.

The terms are indefinite when mining it for humor, however.

Let me know when you start.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: theONE on October 22, 2016, 08:57:18 PM
Who ? Heather the 41 years old prune

There's nothing wrong with being in your 40s, you impudent rascal. I imagine the complexion of the typical Mongolian maiden is pretty leathery, but it's hard to tell under those beards. I don't suppose you're all that fussy on the steppe, and you probably have to rely on a 'comfort yak' from time to time when you get lonely.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 22, 2016, 11:38:54 AM
The sexual imagination of the Englishman is prosaic and often shockingly puerile.

You were paid for your time, though, so stop complaining.

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 23, 2016, 06:35:34 AM
There's nothing wrong with being in your 40s, you impudent rascal. I imagine the complexion of the typical Mongolian maiden is pretty leathery, but it's hard to tell under those beards. I don't suppose you're all that fussy on the steppe, and you probably have to rely on a 'comfort yak' from time to time when you get lonely.

See it for yourself Sir, and hear it - you might get aroused from it ;)

Quote from: theONE on October 10, 2016, 09:59:36 PM
something different, from different part of the World
nice music and nice babes :P

1. Modern Mongolian Music - "Sandy Desert"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P4BPeEo_Lg
2. Inner Mongolia Song - 青海湖 Qinghai Lake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUN7cKIgn8Y
3. Amazing Mongolian Song; POWER FOR THE SOUL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPN4ImIoVm0

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 23, 2016, 06:38:13 AM

What a weekend that was!

theONE

We also do this here Sir...

[attachment deleted by admin]

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 23, 2016, 06:32:11 AM
Let me know when you start.

Not my particular axe.  I like the grinding when it produces pretty sparks, but the desultory scraping most are managing now only blunts it further and the noise sets my teeth on edge.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 23, 2016, 06:38:13 AM

I am only mad because you got mashed bananas and strawberry blancmange on my best Finnish boots.  And no matter how much you stamp and ball your fists like that (which isn't half as endearing as you imagine) I can not whine like a young Filipina, so stop asking.

LorettaW

I sure think Heather looks like Art. Has the theory that Heather is Art's daughter been disposed of?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: LorettaW on October 23, 2016, 02:15:11 PM
I sure think Heather looks like Art. Has the theory that Heather is Art's daughter been disposed of?

Not until someone can get close enough to them to gather samples for a DNA test. I haven't heard of any volunteers yet.

JesusJuice

I don't know about getting some of Heather's DNA but I wouldn't mind giving her some of mine.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: LorettaW on October 23, 2016, 02:15:11 PM

She has stated that her chinese father had passed away some time ago .

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on October 20, 2016, 06:20:14 PM

12 out of twelve ole biddies cannot be proven wrong, he is a mean ole geezer.

theONE

"Why did Art Bell pick Heather Wade?"

When Heather cast her spell Art Bell fell

and now Art Bell is running with feather sticking up his ass claiming to be a "talent maker" ,lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for all the interesting responses, it has made for a fun read on the replies.  I never thought it would get past page one.

theONE

Quote from: Dwindling Stacks on October 27, 2016, 03:48:56 PM
Thanks for all the interesting responses, it has made for a fun read on the replies.  I never thought it would get past page one.

in that case since you were entertained return the favour and entertain us  -and spill more beans on her-  ;)

ninjashoes

because she is smart, funny, beautiful, knowledgeable about the topics and naturally talented

haters gonna hate!

Art knows best and picked the right person to host. Go Heather!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ninjashoes on October 31, 2016, 09:09:24 AM
because she is smart, funny, beautiful, knowledgeable about the topics and naturally talented

haters gonna hate!

Art knows best and picked the right person to host. Go Heather!

And I'm an English astronaut, with three PhD's, and the worlds' leaders on speed dial. I'm also impossibly handsome, with the devotion of hundreds of sex starved but biologically accomodating, wanton women.

ninjashoes

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 31, 2016, 09:15:57 AM
And I'm an English astronaut, with three PhD's, and the worlds' leaders on speed dial. I'm also impossibly handsome, with the devotion of hundreds of sex starved but biologically accomodating, wanton women.

Sounds like Falkies background.