• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 04:34:07 PM
This is what's confusing me. Did Art ever say he refused?  I honestly don't recall, so I'm asking.  If your kid is in fear for her life, wouldn't you feel a desire to get the cops involved?

99.99% of us can't offer info anyway, I'm guessing.   :-\
From what I read, at the incident of the threatening phone call, Art called the police to say he got this call.  The police asked if he wanted to file a report.  He said no, that he just wanted it documented. 

As was said, the report is serious and can be used in court.  It could have been used to try to trace the call.  This whole mess is full of inconsistencies.  I just don't trust what we've been told any longer.  There are things missing and unexplained and being spun.

nika01

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
Just want to note that her radio show is one week old.  How about let's humor the universe and give her another week to see how things go?

Seriously, it is stupid shit like this that make me pray to God every day that Animals take over the Earth. Not your post, the post you quoted.

twiki

Quote from: csummers on December 19, 2015, 04:41:38 PM
I think most people are just being honest, its not a good show with Heather as the host. This website is never kind in how it treats people with reviews,  so its not special treatment she is getting.  I find more dishonesty from the posters who are cheering her on and telling her she is doing such a great job, when they know deep down she is not. They are not helping her with their 'everyone gets a trophy even if they lose' mentality.

If Heather was not a popular member of the bellgab forum, and was just parachuted down into the host job a week ago, the majority of her biggest supporters on here would be singing the same tune the detractors are. She is a nice woman, but her radio show is not very good.

This. If Heather was not originally a bellgabber then her white knights here would be dumping all over her.

Fact is she isn't very good. She should never have been gifted the hosting gig particularly because there were other more experienced hosts available who helped build this network for Art.

Bateman should have been hosting and rewarded for keeping the seat warm and by all accounts for helping to bring the cumulus deal to fruition.

If not Bateman there are a few other hosts who should have been tapped. Bryan Alvarez is another.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 04:50:52 PM
From what I read, at the incident of the threatening phone call, Art called the police to say he got this call.  The police asked if he wanted to file a report.  He said no, that he just wanted it documented. 

As was said, the report is serious and can be used in court.  It could have been used to try to trace the call.  This whole mess is full of inconsistencies.  I just don't trust what we've been told any longer.  There are things missing and unexplained and being spun.

Sounds to me like its settled then.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 19, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
When you started posting, I though you were witty and even erudite, but lately you've shown yourself to be a pompous, overbearing, self-absorbed twit.  If you don't care about any of this why do you invest so much time drafting lengthy, repetitive posts peppered with twee insults on the subject?  Just let it go and let people discuss what they want.  If that annoys you so much, quit reading the threads that pertain to Art.

People can discuss whatever they like,  where did I say they shouldn't? I haven't read this thread all week, or been on the site,  but came on to see the same old stuff over and over again. If that's what people want then that's fine,  I am not about to deliver a lecture to them, but I like to liven things up a bit if possible and have some fun. I think that's preferable to a lot of the sententious tripe that you read here. You are usually better than this, and I credited you with more sense than to take seriously the things coming from someone who is clearly having a laugh. I am hardly ever serious, so don't be a silly billy.

twiki

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 04:50:52 PM

I was under the assumption that Art got Heather to call that one in. That's even stranger. How could you not file a report about a direct threat on your life or even call it in yourself. That is bizarre.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: twiki on December 19, 2015, 04:54:20 PM
I was under the assumption that Art got Heather to call that one in. That's even stranger. How could you not file a report about a direct threat on your life or even call it in yourself. That is bizarre.

Keith also said he was involved in some way, I do believe.  I'd have to go back through my posts, or just listen to last night's show again.  He talked about it.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:47:54 PM
Now that is a good idea! Perhaps he or she has bragged to somebody!

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell

Mr Bell, you have two very loyal woman in your life.. Lucky Guy!!  Ms Wade NEEDS to be rewarded too.. You know what she NEEDS.. ...Your voice back on the Midnight Air Waves  ;)

Love Art.. Praise MV..   Adore Heather..

twiki

The hugs on this site are so nauseating that I need a hug.

CornyCrow

I think most people are just being honest, its not a good show with Heather as the host. This website is never kind in how it treats people with reviews,  so its not special treatment she is getting.  I find more dishonesty from the posters who are cheering her on and telling her she is doing such a great job, when they know deep down she is not. They are not helping her with their 'everyone gets a trophy even if they lose' mentality.

If Heather was not a popular member of the bellgab forum, and was just parachuted down into the host job a week ago, the majority of her biggest supporters on here would be singing the same tune the detractors are. She is a nice woman, but her radio show is not very good.
I think Sredni mentioned that it's a bad situation for her.  Not only is she a novice, but she is following a huge talent.  People cannot help but to compare.  As he said, she'd have done better cutting her teeth on a small local station, making her mistakes there, learning techniques.  This is huge exposure for a novice and everything she does is scrutinized.

I don't listen to her.  My logic is that I don't like some professionals who have been at it for a bit so I'll probably be disappointed.  She's in a tough position and I don't envy her. 

csummers

Quote from: nika01 on December 19, 2015, 04:49:43 PM
So tell me, how many other radio shows do you listen to ? Can you name the competition? How often do you listen to them? Sorry, I think you are talking out of your ass when you say its not a good show with Heather.

Sorry, I dont think its a good show with heather, I thought it was a good show with art. Time will tell wont it? I guess the affiliates will all stay on board and continue to grow with her as host and the subscriber base will steadily increase. My bad. I am sure people are lining up with five dollars a month to pay for this.

Just Me

This is blasphemy, insolent sacrilege by the holy ghost congregation, unholy cool aid intoxicated followers trampling all that was the illusion, Art bell-o-holics falling over themselves to make the false prophet as their savior who died on the cross, for them, and now offers a payment to stay loyal.

Off with his head............. 

norland2424

Quote from: twiki on December 19, 2015, 04:58:38 PM

WhiteCrow

I'm not the hugging kind if guy.. :-* :-* :-*

bellNwhistle

Aww, hugs, Twiki!  ;D

twiki

Quote from: csummers on December 19, 2015, 04:59:26 PM
Sorry, I dont think its a good show with heather, I thought it was a good show with art. Time will tell wont it? I guess the affiliates will all stay on board and continue to grow with her as host and the subscriber base will steadily increase. My bad. I am sure people are lining up with five dollars a month to pay for this.

I think a lot of people are sticking it out with their 5 buck donation in the hopes that Art makes a surprise cameo appearance. As the days and months roll by with no sighting people will eventually come to their senses. You can only flush so much money down the toilet.

nika01

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 04:53:40 PM
People can discuss whatever they like,  where did I say they shouldn't? I haven't read this thread all week, or been on the site,  but came on to see the same old stuff over and over again. If that's what people want then that's fine,  I am not about to deliver a lecture to them, but I like to liven things up a bit if possible and have some fun. I think that's preferable to a lot of the sententious tripe that you read here. You are usually better than this, and I credited you with more sense than to take seriously the things coming from someone who is clearly having a laugh. I am hardly ever serious, so don't be a silly billy.
You are a pathological liar.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 19, 2015, 05:01:21 PM
I'm not the hugging kind if guy.. :-* :-* :-*

Not what the BellaHaven Babes say...

Ciardelo

{{{{{twiki}}}}} Stop by bella-haven. They have coffee and bacon!

BellBoy

I couldn't agree more.

Curiously, the only positive reviews of "The Heather Wade Show", that I can find, are here, on BellGab.

Pumping someone up with false hope for success, is actually rather cruel... especially someone that you claim is your 'friend'.

nika01

Quote from: csummers on December 19, 2015, 04:59:26 PM
Hey I am paying 5 bucks to hear the show. You didn't answer my question though. What else is out there that is so compelling?

onan

OK, so, a little more than a week and still no consensus?

CornyCrow

Quote from: twiki on December 19, 2015, 05:02:22 PM
I think a lot of people are sticking it out with their 5 buck donation in the hopes that Art makes a surprise cameo appearance. As the days and months roll by with no sighting people will eventually come to their senses. You can only flush so much money down the toilet.
Unless he just got tired of the daily routine and prefers to have a show run by Heather into which he can poke his head every now and again.  That doesn't work for me, but it may please some.  I, personally, think the show will go down the tubes. If he wanted to leave he should have planned it better to salvage what could be salvaged.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Just Me on December 19, 2015, 05:01:05 PM
This is blasphemy, insolent sacrilege by the holy ghost congregation, unholy cool aid intoxicated followers trampling all that was the illusion, Art bell-o-holics falling over themselves to make the false prophet as their savior who died on the cross, for them, and now offers a payment to stay loyal.

Off with his head.............

Maybe it's Just Me...  (see what I did there? ;) )

but how is someone not telling Art to jump off a cliff, or whatever you think everyone in here should be doing, mean we're intoxicated trampler-holics?  (yeah, I made that shit up, buddy).  I mean come on, now.   Why did you join this forum? Just to trash Art Bell? Or were you a listener? I joined because I like the show. Period.  That doesn't mean I want to have the man's kids or something.  :o  I've got a bottle of wine I haven't cracked open yet. You might want to consider having some.

norland2424

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:06:35 PM
Maybe it's Just Me...  (see what I did there? ;) )

but how is someone not telling Art to jump off a cliff, or whatever you think everyone in here should be doing, mean we're intoxicated trampler-holics?  (yeah, I made that shit up, buddy).  I mean come on, now.   Why did you join this forum? Just to trash Art Bell? Or were you a listener? I joined because I like the show. Period.  That doesn't mean I want to have the man's kids or something.  :o  I've got a bottle of wine I haven't cracked open yet. You might want to consider having some.

all his posts are rants like that, hell maybe he is the stalker.

ge30542

What's the reference, (several days ago), whereby Bateman' s name was mentioned in a post here, about pending Cuumulus involvement? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on December 19, 2015, 05:05:37 PM
OK, so, a little more than a week and still no consensus?

Go read the nightly MiTD threads. There was probably only 2 nights when there was any semblance of consensus and that was with Art doing the show.

You are asking for too much.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 19, 2015, 04:58:06 PM
Mr Bell, you have two very loyal woman in your life.. Lucky Guy!!  Ms Wade NEEDS to be rewarded .. You know what she NEEDS.. ...