• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Snoory's Replacement

Started by superdeluxe, February 24, 2009, 11:09:42 AM

Which Host Do You Think Would Make The Best Replacement For GN?

type3tv dude
2 (9.5%)
Gumby
4 (19%)
Ted Williams' Frozen Head
12 (57.1%)
Tom Cruise
2 (9.5%)
Stephen Hawking
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

superdeluxe

I would think a new host would have to share lots of qualities that Art had, that thirst for knowledge, the ability to talk about all sorts of new and interesting topics.  A good radio voice would help as well.

Is there a young art bell in the making out there?

Gojira2006

:D Maybe C2C could entice Rachel Maddow to come over from Air America . . .  She probably doesn't believe in UFOs, ghosts, angels or conspiracies, but it would sure be fun to hear her rip Corsi & Hoagland each a new one . . .  ;D

MV/Liberace!

yeah, i know 99% of the people out there will think i'm bat-shit crazy...

but i nominate rollye james.  i love her.

of course, she'd spit on the proposal premiere radio mails to her.

Dego

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 25, 2009, 01:58:37 AM
yeah, i know 99% of the people out there will think i'm bat-shit crazy...

but i nominate rollye james.  i love her.

of course, she'd spit on the proposal premiere radio mails to her.

Michael , I'm with you about Rollye. She is the best thing on radio.
Guess I'm bat-shit crazy too.

Dego

Quote from: superdeluxe on February 25, 2009, 10:35:52 AM
Who is this rollye?   I will do a search on them!

Rollye James.
www.rollye.net
She is on 7-10 pm pst on xm radio and on the net.
She streams the previous nights show all day through her web page and on wifi radio.

Well, if you want to follow a pattern here, Art Bell is to talk radio as George Carlin is to comedy. They replaced Art Bell with George Noory. Now, George Noory is the equivalent of Andy Dick or Carrot Top to comedy. Therefore, a proper replacement for George Noory would be a can of pork beans. 

slipstream

I think Ian should have gotten it a long time ago.  He was a weekend host on "the art bell show" before Nooron was. Ian has put in several years of service, as long as his ratings are good....

superdeluxe

I notice reading the Royelle James wiki, and it states something about her quiting Coast to Coast..because of the change of direction of the show..on the air..and off the air...

Does anyone know what she is talking about?

Centurion73

Quote from: superdeluxe on February 25, 2009, 02:59:01 PM
I notice reading the Royelle James wiki, and it states something about her quiting Coast to Coast..because of the change of direction of the show..on the air..and off the air...

Does anyone know what she is talking about?

Yeah but its only an opinion but may have some fact? Before Noory Art had a base of 9 million listeners a week (per sworn court testimony) old fuck mouth takes over and according to his own parent company Clear Channels they only have 3 million listeners a week now. On air Noory and Ian seem to read a script or layout of the types of questions to ask, where not to tread, esp after Ian's blow out with Steve Quayle. The show also appears to be about what they guest has to "sell" like a true infomercial, gone are the days Art would have a guest on whom neither had anything to sell or even a website, but that is only my demented opinion other than the testimony and numbers by CC.

Royelle is a good radio host, knows how to interview and can ask topical and relevant questions. I am sure she was a threat to these two buffoons and had to be removed. Personally I did not like her too much but she was light years ahead of Noorette's Noory & Ian "The Decon".

EvB

Quoteesp after Ian's blow out with Steve Quayle.

Oh you are SO FULL OF SHIT Centurion!  Quayle deserved what he got, Ian apologized for his own reasons, and I've no idea what they were - but I've heard him challenge guest and callers any number of times since.  Something Noory is incapable of, cuz they may spank his pee-pee like Hoaxland did.

And, as for "reading" -- WTF?  At least Ian is prepared. 

DAMN man - I swear you are listening to some other show hosted by some other person.

Gojira2006

Quote from: EvB on February 25, 2009, 06:04:18 PM
Quayle deserved what he got, Ian apologized for his own reasons, and I've no idea what they were

:)  I really don't think Punnett had anything to apologize for . . .  ;)   I subscribe to The Hilly Rose Show at Fatemag.com, & one show featured Stanton Friedman talking about his book on the Betty & Barney Hill abduction case . . .  Rose really challenged Friedman, as a journalist should when the story doesn't add up - or at least if one is pretending to be a journalist - & Rose & Friedman were both cool with that . . .  ;)  Anyway, Punnett did his job - & though he's annoying, I'll take Punnett over Noory (gagging as I do) . . .  :-X

Punnett is a little livelier and often makes attempts at humor..(which are about 50/50 hit or miss for him, it seems.)..so some people might consider him annoying in comparison to Art or Knapp. While Art and Knapp do humor, it's a lot more cynical, sarcastic, or satirical. Ian just drops goofbombs and sometimes they strike 100%, sometimes none..and even sometimes you laugh about 10 minutes later. But Ian is a nice host every now and then. I don't think he should ever "take the reins" 100% on C2CAM, but I don't want him to go either. I like his style.

EvB

QuoteI don't think he should ever "take the reins" 100% on C2CAM, but I don't want him to go either. I like his style.                 

I agree -- the LEGENDARY c2c just isn't Ian style.  It would be a very different show than it is now if he were the full time host.  And, while it may be a worthy show in it's own right - it would be misplaced here. 

The reason I say LEGENDARY c2c is that George had made it a different show too.  A much worse show.  C2C lite - the pablum version.  But i guess the producers can tolerate that easier than a total re-write on concept.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 25, 2009, 06:04:18 PM
Oh you are SO FULL OF SHIT Centurion!  Quayle deserved what he got, Ian apologized for his own reasons, and I've no idea what they were - but I've heard him challenge guest and callers any number of times since.  Something Noory is incapable of, cuz they may spank his pee-pee like Hoaxland did.

DAMN man - I swear you are listening to some other show hosted by some other person.

I stated that those were my opinion and only the numbers were the facts. I do recall you yourself saying Ian has changed since that show as well, no?

Ian apologized because he was made to do so anyone whom thinks otherwise should try Sunny Delight instead of Kool Aid. I never said Quayle did or did not deserve it personally I dislike Quayle and think he has been given way too much rope as has Hoagland.

He has not since that time challenged another "guest" in that manner and has been "appeared" to have been reigned in.

EvB
QuoteI do notice a bit of an - for lack of beter term - edge to Ian these days than before.  I guess, without even thinking about it much - I've chalked it up to personal pressures.

QuoteI've written off what I've seen as small bouts of "more irascible than thou" to just general pressure of work, family and school.

QuoteI could be wrong - maybe he's just sick of the whole thing. I'd have to listen to his AM show (something I almost never have time to do) to see if I heard the same "edge" or not to guess if it's c2c - or just "Ian's Life."

QuoteSo - if he is no longer worthy of c2c - well - maybe maybe not.

QuoteFor my own pleasure, I do hope he snaps out of his semi-funk soon, though.
? Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 09:23:07 PM by EvB ?

Since Ian has been working from his home studio - his show openings have been, errrrr . . . clumsy.

QuoteGawd how I wish I could say I thought this was crap.  But, it isn't.  It seems that now when Ian gets a lame guest (a la last night's "Lennon Sold his Soul to the Devil" shock-for-the-money guest) he just acts bored.

Centurion73

EvB this is from the bottom of my heart and a true sentiment.

[attach=2]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on February 25, 2009, 02:48:06 PM
I think Ian should have gotten it a long time ago. 
agreed, despite my rollye james nomination.  instead, ian was passed over for mike siegel.

insert finger in throat.

EvB

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 25, 2009, 09:02:17 PM
EvB this is from the bottom of my heart and a true sentiment.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh . . . . .

Damn man - you sure did take a lot of time to research my babble. 

Maybe I'll just try giving up taking "Ian Bait" here  -- for Lent.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 26, 2009, 12:59:43 AM
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh . . . . .

Damn man - you sure did take a lot of time to research my babble. 

Maybe I'll just try giving up taking "Ian Bait" here  -- for Lent.

You mean so much to me I took the time  ;)

Sad thing is I remembered most of them (part of doing what I do you have to remember what people say) but I did search for a few. Cmon, I know Kojak had to make you smile, does anyone else beside myself remember him, damn I am old.

EvB

Oh I remember him alright - but I figured if I told you that looking at the poster made me crave a lollipop - well - you KNOW what you'd say!     :o ;D :-*

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 26, 2009, 02:03:28 AM
Oh I remember him alright - but I figured if I told you that looking at the poster made me crave a lollipop - well - you KNOW what you'd say!     :o ;D :-*

HAHAHHAHHAHHA, oh my!

You know what I did not even think that and I wish I had. No, I am bald (by choice) like Telly, what is even sadder is I had a Kojak t-shirt that said "who loves ya baby" on it. Maybe that is why I need therapy it has been a cry for help ever since then.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on February 25, 2009, 02:41:57 PM
Well, if you want to follow a pattern here, Art Bell is to talk radio as George Carlin is to comedy. They replaced Art Bell with George Noory. Now, George Noory is the equivalent of Andy Dick or Carrot Top to comedy. Therefore, a proper replacement for George Noory would be a can of pork beans.
I vote for a peanut- butter infested MRE (Military Ready to Eat) provided by FEMA.

Boomer

Any nutjob from a psycho ward could replace Snoory and it would be a step up.

Boomer

At this point in time there are no alternatives...just George Knapp!

Charles Xavier or Dr. Hank McCoy - both pretty smart guys with interesting POVs.

EvB

Quote from: tprainbow on March 05, 2009, 04:20:45 AM
Iansufferables please step in...for the love of god.

I'm confused.  Do you want PRO Ian step-ins, or ANTI Ian step-ins?