• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jerome Corsi

Started by The Coincidence Kid, February 24, 2009, 01:32:41 AM

This is one of the reasons I think George is a moron at best, and disingenuous at worst. Is there anyone that doesn't think this guy is a total charlatan? Why is he given airtime when it's been proven that he's a complete and utter nutbag?

EvB

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on February 24, 2009, 01:32:41 AM
This is one of the reasons I think George is a moron at best, and disingenuous at worst. Is there anyone that doesn't think this guy is a total charlatan? Why is he given airtime when it's been proven that he's a complete and utter nutbag?

Because he's the most Snoory is willing to handle?  Really, it may be that he and his ilk are the best Snoory can GET.  But damn, Knapp and Ian are wiling to challenge guest - so WTF?

Gojira2006

;:) Another reason is that Corsi believes, along with Noory, in the abiogenic theory of oil production - that the "planet continually makes oil" - to quote Noory . . . ;D 

EvB

Quotethe "planet continually makes oil" -

It's MOTHER EARTH,with a creamy filling.

Boomer

I like Corsi, well informed and lots of insight. I'll bet after he does the show with Snorry he feels compelled to chug a pint of Jack Daniels to get his brain straight again.

slipstream

I like Corsi.  I have heard him do numerous interviews with a local host, and he is always very informative.

Frys Girl

Corsi = hack. He makes a living being an phony. Congrats to him.

slipstream

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 15, 2009, 12:29:28 PM

I don't know how you get away with this without sources cited or some kind of argument.  I can come on a message board and make charges against anyone.  It is really pretty easy. 

EvB

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 15, 2009, 12:29:28 PM

Oh good for YOU Fry's Girl - I missed you.  We've been have a "true believer" conspiracy-theory leak here lately. I was starting to get a bit queasy.

Frys Girl

Quote from: slipstream on March 15, 2009, 01:02:31 PM
   I don't know how you get away with this without sources cited or some kind of argument.  I can come on a message board and make charges against anyone.  It is really pretty easy.
Are you serious? I'm just a little dot zilch person and you think me calling Corsi a hack constitutes damage for you to even write such a comment back to me. "Jerry" Corsi a garbage "intellectual" and every single reviewer of his book proved what he did in both his swift boating and obama nation to be false and grossly exaggerated. That includes radio reviews.

I also think the same of Rush Stinkbomb. He's a complete act and shtickmaster, including his bullshit rants about Global Warming. He used his cat to explain that global warming is false. But I still congratulate and admire him despite what a moron he is. I even admitted to having a fucking sex dream about that tub of lard a few months ago. Why? Because he made a low-paying music DJ job into a multi-million dollar empire and keeps people's radio dials turned to shitty AM stations, employing people in the radio biz AND thus listening to Coast to Coast, mostly accidentally. George Noory for one ought to be grateful for the existence of such hacks. It's for that reason that it doesn't surprise me that "Jerry" makes it on to C2C at all.

Jerome Corsi is the same concept: over the top, intentionally exaggerating and false, but very successful because people need him to feel safe, "informed", and secure in their beliefs no matter how ridiculous they are.

It's funny to me that even George Noory himself doesn't feel comfortable hosting that POS on his show, always giving the preamble to his interviews with "We do not endorse or promote the anti-Obama and other Corsi publications." At least have the stones to back up your guest 100% buttwad.

So in conlusion, slipstream, I do not get away with anything. People still buy Corsi's books (and Coulter's), despite what nothings like me might think or say on message boards. People still circulate emails to sell these two idiots' books. They make millions and I'm happy for them. Not happy for their fans, but happy for them.

Just to drive this analogy home, I compare Corsi to the people who sell "big cock vitamins" on late night TV. I feel sorry for the guys who buy them, but I admire the people who get away with making millions off of them. Good for them. If you're that dumb, you deserve to be exploited.

EvB

Quote from: slipstream on March 15, 2009, 01:02:31 PM

True - but unless they are defamatory (eg: if you were to say "Corsi is a sheep-fucker and smuggles coke in condoms shoved up their asses" -- in such a way as to seem to MEAN IT)  you can say whatever the hell you please.  And, you've been reading this forum long enough to know that we all do.

So, it seems to me that the real peoblem here is that you disagree - to which you are entitled.

Why not tell us what makes Corsi legit in your eyes?  Believe me, people have been infuenced, pro or con, by posts here before. 

Centurion73

Not in defense of his actions but someone claimed or alluded to the fact that Corsi's Ph.D was of low calibre or words to that effect. Some research would show that Corsi earned a Ph.D. in Political Science from Harvard University in 1972; I would hardly say that any degree let alone that one is of low calibre.

I have heard him on NPR and when in "normal" mode he is smart as hell and does know a lot about governments. I do question a lot of what he states on c2c but to imply he is unlearned is false.

EvB

QuoteI do question a lot of what he states on c2c but to imply he is unlearned is false.

'zactly!  One can be intelligent, well-educated, and STILL be at least a part-time seller of snake oil.

slipstream

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 15, 2009, 02:54:28 PM
Are you serious? I'm just a little dot zilch person and you think me calling Corsi a hack constitutes damage for you to even write such a comment back to me. "Jerry" Corsi a garbage "intellectual" and every single reviewer of his book proved what he did in both his swift boating and obama nation to be false and grossly exaggerated. That includes radio reviews.

<SNIP> Above

Actually I am very satisfied with your response to my challenge to at least make an argument for your opinion.  I have no vested interest in Mr. Corsi.  I have never read any of his books.  I have only listened to him on the radio with a local host and a couple of times on C2C.  I do recall him calling Bush supporters "Bush bots" which I did find amusing.  It seems like the man has an axe to grind against everybody.  In addition to the books you named above he also has a book called, The Late Great U.S.A.: The Coming Merger With Mexico and Canada which I understand is a shot at the Bush administration.

exC2Cfan

I absolutely LOATHE and DETEST Jerome Corsi. He never mentions it on C2C--all he ever talks about is Iran, Iran, Iran (ZZZZzzzzz....), but this slimeball Corsi was instrumental in swiftboating John Kerry. He contributed to the defeat of John Kerry, who would have ended the insane military adventure in Iraq, and instead helped to elect (NOT reelect) President Moron which meant four more years of war and thousands more American soldiers lives uselessly lost. Jerome Corsi has blood on his hands. He tried to swiftboat Obama, but it didn't work. When Corsi went to Kenya to try to dig up dirt on Obama (how pathetic) and instead became gravely ill, I was hoped he would die a slow and painful death, but no such luck.

Boomer

Quote from: exC2Cfan on March 17, 2009, 01:04:34 AM
I absolutely LOATHE and DETEST Jerome Corsi. He never mentions it on C2C--all he ever talks about is Iran, Iran, Iran (ZZZZzzzzz....), but this slimeball Corsi was instrumental in swiftboating John Kerry. He contributed to the defeat of John Kerry, who would have ended the insane military adventure in Iraq, and instead helped to elect (NOT reelect) President Moron which meant four more years of war and thousands more American soldiers lives uselessly lost. Jerome Corsi has blood on his hands. He tried to swiftboat Obama, but it didn't work. When Corsi went to Kenya to try to dig up dirt on Obama (how pathetic) and instead became gravely ill, I was hoped he would die a slow and painful death, but no such luck.

Is that the same John Kerry with the 3 Purple Hearts?

Frys Girl

Quote from: exC2Cfan on March 17, 2009, 01:04:34 AM
He doesn't know SHIT about Iran. I read 3 chapters of his book about Iran, and it's obvious he was intending to freak out mid westerners, armageddon wishing evangelicals.

He is oh so concerned about Freedom IN IRAN? Fuck him. He doesn't give a shit about Iranians unless it involves his pockets. Corsi and his pals are having wet dreams about a "showdown" with iran so that they can swiftboat themselves to tehran and be hired as experts and contractors like others have in Iraq (Michael Ledeen and his sons come to mind).

The fact that he comes on C2C alone is enough to prove what a phony he is. Anything to sell and scare. Fuck him.

When I heard what he had to say about why Ahmadinejad was able won the election in Iran, I wanted to smack him. But again, you can get away with saying anything about iran these days.

I guess for garbage like him, caring about the real threat (PAKISTAN who HAS nukes and is training killers for aghanistan war) is not as profitable or important. Typical.

exC2Cfan

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 17, 2009, 12:11:21 PM
He doesn't know SHIT about Iran. I read 3 chapters of his book about Iran, and it's obvious he was intending to freak out mid westerners, armageddon wishing evangelicals.

He is oh so concerned about Freedom IN IRAN? Fuck him. He doesn't give a shit about Iranians unless it involves his pockets. Corsi and his pals are having wet dreams about a "showdown" with iran so that they can swiftboat themselves to tehran and be hired as experts and contractors like others have in Iraq (Michael Ledeen and his sons come to mind).

The fact that he comes on C2C alone is enough to prove what a phony he is. Anything to sell and scare. Fuck him.

When I heard what he had to say about why Ahmadinejad was able won the election in Iran, I wanted to smack him. But again, you can get away with saying anything about iran these days.

I guess for garbage like him, caring about the real threat (PAKISTAN who HAS nukes and is training killers for aghanistan war) is not as profitable or important. Typical.

Wow Frys Girl! I like you, and I like how you think! You swear like a sailor, agree with me and are cute as hell (I assume that's your real picture.) If I get a divorce, will you marry me?

Frys Girl

Quote from: exC2Cfan on March 17, 2009, 08:18:21 PM
Wow Frys Girl! I like you, and I like how you think! You swear like a sailor, agree with me and are cute as hell (I assume that's your real picture.) If I get a divorce, will you marry me?
HAHA! That's actually Peter Sellers' last wife from After the Fox. I WISH I looked like her. Maybe if I got a nose job? I am going to change my avatar actually. I've been LAZY as hell.

I'm iranian by the way and that is why I'm so sensitive about these fartso people like Corsi going after "freedom in Iran". And that PhD he waves around like it's the holy grail? Screw him for it. You think no other pieces of shit have walked through the gates of Harvard? It's funny how for Obama it's a stain, but for Corsi it is vindicating.

I hope you don't get divorced. LOL if we do get married you might get "stuck without your daughter."

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 17, 2009, 09:09:50 PM
And that PhD he waves around like it's the holy grail? Screw him for it. You think no other pieces of shit have walked through the gates of Harvard? It's You think no other pieces of shit have walked through the gates of Harvard? but for Corsi it is vindicating.

Girl, you know I like you, I will fight for you and with you and I know your a caring and good educator but you got to be joking on this one.

Quotethat PhD he waves around like it's the holy grail? Screw him for it.

That degree in that field is tough no matter where a person would get it OK.

QuoteYou think no other pieces of shit have walked through the gates of Harvard?

A lot have and will, should we not lump the First Family in there with this statement?

Quotebut for Obama it's a stain

Obama has a Law Degree not a PhD come on my dear friend that is not even close to being equal.

Frys Girl

Centurion I'm not kidding. But I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. As usual, I suck at these forum rants I do. Harvard Law is not only extremely difficult in and of itself, but to be the Law Review editor? That is something else. He is accountable to the best legal minds in the nation. While a dissertation is very difficult task of enormous proportions, with Corsi having been accountable to the PhD committee at harvard (also great minds) what I'm saying is that being an academic is tough, but it doesn't EXCUSE the bullshit he churns out. It's almost like he does it with an attitude of "I'm armed with me Haaaaarvard PhD." So that his fans can use it against his critics. THAT is elitist. I don't buy it.

What Corsi says about "freeing Iran" is offensive and cheap. He should focus his energy on the Mexico issue if he really wants to be an "expert" instead of dipping his fingers into the OIly Iranian issue.

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 18, 2009, 07:47:13 AM
Centurion I'm not kidding. But I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. As usual, I suck at these forum rants I do. Harvard Law is not only extremely difficult in and of itself, but to be the Law Review editor? That is something else. He is accountable to the best legal minds in the nation. While a dissertation is very difficult task of enormous proportions, with Corsi having been accountable to the PhD committee at harvard (also great minds) what I'm saying is that being an academic is tough, but it doesn't EXCUSE the bullshit he churns out. It's almost like he does it with an attitude of "I'm armed with me Haaaaarvard PhD." So that his fans can use it against his critics. THAT is elitist. I don't buy it.

I think you give him and all other Law Review editors too much  weight as it is mainly a figure head admin type post, it is not that he himself researches the issues at hand and reports on them it is like being a newspaper editor.  Accountable to the best legal minds? Law reviews are a dime a dozen and have no rule or effect on law it is talking points. If he had a J.D. in Law now that would bolster and argument for him but once again it is "apples akin to oranges."

I never heard Corsi or a fan tout his Harvard PhD as an argument or that having one would make him right or more entitled to a view. I did not know he had one until I read your post and did some research myself on the subject and found out what I reported here in a post that is all. Law Reviews I know about so that I can post on with experience and knowledge.

As for his views on Iran I would say he is entitled to him if the facts are as he states (always questionable with anyone) and everyone should do whatever they can or want to check the facts out.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 18, 2009, 08:15:06 AM
I think you give him and all other Law Review editors too much  weight as it is mainly a figure head admin type post, it is not that he himself researches the issues at hand and reports on them it is like being a newspaper editor.  Accountable to the best legal minds? Law reviews are a dime a dozen and have no rule or effect on law it is talking points. If he had a J.D. in Law now that would bolster and argument for him but once again it is "apples akin to oranges."

I never heard Corsi or a fan tout his Harvard PhD as an argument or that having one would make him right or more entitled to a view. I did not know he had one until I read your post and did some research myself on the subject and found out what I reported here in a post that is all. Law Reviews I know about so that I can post on with experience and knowledge.

As for his views on Iran I would say he is entitled to him if the facts are as he states (always questionable with anyone) and everyone should do whatever they can or want to check the facts out.
I'm not disputing whether he is entitled to his views. I'm disputing that he is "intelligent" because of those views. The view about Iran, that he can establish a foundation for the freedom in Iran is ridiculous. What is his stake? Seriously? Him and Michael Ledeen? The shah is deader than dirt. The 70s are over. Iran is not the same nation with the same wishes and desires, and neither is the friggin USA. Imagine if an Iranian started a foundation for the "freedom of the USA" and began working by spreading propaganda about the US. I think we'd be upset.

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 18, 2009, 08:30:48 AM
I'm not disputing whether he is entitled to his views. I'm disputing that he is "intelligent" because of those views.

I agree 100% with you but you are holding him to a different level that Obama, you are in effect giving Obama a pass for his fucked up views or so it appears by your words.

As for Iran and his views, I do not care for them or about them as I do not give them the weight to do so. I don't think you have to worry about them or his freedom foundation bullshit. What would we think if Iran wanted to start one for America, would we be pissed? I would not because I am sure they do have one of some sort as do most nations, CAIR for example, what do you think the U.N. is? That is all it is one big cluster fuck of a freedom organization that neither develops freedom or fairness. Hence, UN Peace Keepers (nice name, nice baby blue helmets) but deadly to small poor countries, governments, and poor people, what do they do. Occupy countries against their will and impose their or some security councils rules on those people for what? Peace, democracy, bullshit.

exC2Cfan

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 18, 2009, 08:44:19 AM
I agree 100% with you but you are holding him to a different level that Obama, you are in effect giving Obama a pass for his fucked up views or so it appears by your words.

What? Frys Girl said nothing about Obama. YOU DID! You're the only one talking about him. And by the way, his views are not "fucked up". If you think they are, then you are fucked up. Lay off Frys Girl.

Centurion73

Quote from: exC2Cfan on March 18, 2009, 06:42:40 PM
What? Frys Girl said nothing about Obama. YOU DID! You're the only one talking about him. And by the way, his views are not "fucked up". If you think they are, then you are fucked up. Lay off Frys Girl.

OK, internet gangster go flex your internet muscles on some other post that you are clueless about. If you knew how to read and comprehend the written word you would be able to see that it is her that brought up Obama. As for Obama fuck ups you're right he is doing a stellar job. As for me being fucked up you have no proof to base that upon but you're entitled to your demented visions like Corsi.

Fry has enough respect and balls to confront me if I offended her and she would not need the help of an emasculated idiot such as yourself, carry on Captain Oblivious.

Frys Girl

Quote from: exC2Cfan on March 18, 2009, 06:42:40 PM
Everyone calm down!! exC2Cfan, thanks for the support dude. But don't worry. Me and Centurion are cool. Actually, everyone here is cool. We don't agree politically (our political section was taken away recently), but it's ok. We still unite under "Noory sucks" banner.

Centurion - I am not sure what you meant by the "Obama's fucked up views" thing but it doesn't matter in terms of this anyway. I did mention Obama, but only to draw a clear Harvard degree connection - and how that degree is treated differently. By the way, I think 1972 history dept in Harvard is not nearly as tough as well.... nevermind. We won't agree on the difficulty scale, but my opinion on law review is based on what i saw a friend go through as law review editor at a much smaller school. I can't imagine what the fuck obama went through. Although he was apparently very fair and even got shit from lefty students for being too diplomatic toward federalist society lambs :) that's ob1 for you.

In conclusion, Corsi is a crap gargler and he has a very clear intended audience who will cling to anything that validates their hate and myopic view of the world. Iran is an example of it. I'm horrified by what I read on his Iran site. Iranian regime may be bad, but what he is doing is very irresponsible and low life. That's all I'll say.

exC2Cfan

Quote from: Centurion73 on March 18, 2009, 07:32:08 PM
If you knew how to read and comprehend the written word you would be able to see that it is her that brought up Obama.

How amusing. As an English teacher and author, I actually read and comprehend the written word quite well. And because I am an English teacher, I will do you a favor and tell you that you are clearly oblivious to proper grammar and punctuation and really ought to do something about it.

First of all, "...it is her that brought up Obama" should be "...it is she that brought up Obama."

Also, you're clearly rather clueless about commas, so I'll edit the rest of your post to show you where you should have used them:

"As for Obama fuck ups,    you're right, he is doing a stellar job. As for me being fucked up, you have no proof to base that upon, but you're entitled to your demented visions like Corsi.

Fry has enough respect and balls to confront me if I offended her,    and she would not need the help of an emasculated idiot such as yourself, carry on Captain Oblivious."

Alas, there are further problems. The last sentence is ungrammatical as well. There is no need for the conditional would not. You should have said does not. In addition, you have a comma splice in the last sentence. You have joined two independent clauses with a comma, and that is a no no. "...such as yourself, carry on Captain Oblivious" should have been "...such as yourself.    Carry on Captain Oblivious."

Also, you seem not to understand that careful English speakers use the possessive case with gerunds. Therefore, you should have said "As for my being fucked up..."

One more thing: You have made another very common mistake--using a reflexive pronoun when there is no need for one. "...such as yourself..." should have been "...such as you..."

You did get one thing right; Obama is indeed doing a stellar job. But then again, considering the moron who preceded him, anyone could do a stellar job by comparison. As for proof that you are fucked up, you have provided it: you're poor command of the English language and the fact that you incorrectly believe that Obama's views are fucked up.

EvB

Excuse ME c2c Fan - but really - you may be quite amazed to find out that many, if not most, of us here a quite well educated, despite the fact that we don't always mind our P's a Q's - our commas, our grammar, our spelling  - or even our FUCKING DICTION  ;D

You'll find a number of teachers, writers, (yes - published writers) and others well trained in high-level professions.  And, of those who don't fit the typical traditional education mold, you'll still find them well read and quite capable of self expression. 

The good news is you're not alone.  The bad news is you may find yourself meeting your match, any number of times.

Not that it maters, but I happen to be fond of both Centurion and Fry's Girl. We're still a smallish group - and somewhat familial - so we do spat.  Except for me that is.  I always keep a civil tongue in my head and never let anything upset me. (Cue for the 'big brothers' to have their say here   ;) )

Still - I'm grateful for the grammar lesson, though Centurion my not be grateful for the tone  (then again "the right to not be offended" isn't part of the TOS) I can always use a refersher.