• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast Insider Dork of the Week

Started by Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, September 03, 2014, 11:12:54 AM

I'm starting this thread because these people deserve to be singled out for ridicule recognized for the many qualities that make them special.

So, without comment, because his CV eloquently speaks volumes for itself, I nominate Eric, aka White Soaring Eagle, for the first CIDotW award.

"My life exists between multiple worlds. I'm a person of many interests. I'm a Software Test Engineer, Musician, Shaman, Consciousness Researcher, and Journalist. I'm also a Reiki Master/Teacher and Spiritual Councilor who is ordained through the Universal Life Church. I’ve also taught remote viewing to many people from many different walks of life with my own protocol known as Intuitive Sensation. Though one thing that really gets me is that you guys have been focusing on too much on demons and demonic activity way too much. There’s already enough to worry about without having some religious negativity being thrown at us on a constant basis. Otherwise, keep up the great work! I’m loving the show and have been an Insider since 2006."

--Erik aka White Soaring Eagle, Austin, TX

[attachimg=1]

I don't know this dude, but I bet his software test engineering consists of playing the video game betas.

scottydawg

And if he goes to a strip joint and sits at the tip rail even the strippers won't go near him! :o

Nobody even came close to Eric White Soaring Dork Eagle this week, but it was a close call between Cathy and Bethany.  I gave the edge to Cathy because of her comment about GN's laugh and her feeling that there's a little bit of him in every painting she's done while listening to C2C.  That sounds like a real nightmare gallery.

[attachimg=1]

"I am a professional fine artist and do paintings of wildlife and commissioned portraits of pets. I do artwork late into the night and always listen to Coast to Coast as I work.  I also listen to the archives during the day. It's funny but i can look at certain portraits I have done and remember what a show was about when I did that painting.  I feel there is a little bit of George Noory in every painting i do!  :)  By the way, George has the greatest laugh in the world!  :)"
--Cathy, Long Beach, CA

What is it with these people and purple tie-dye shirts?

cweb

I can't help but think this whole Coast Insider portrait gallery junk is Premiere taking a dig at Art.

"Take a look at what we did to your audience!"

And look at how well that's working.

Where is that lampshade? That was my favorite Coast Insider.

also lampshade on urban dictionary
"...Often used to account for implausible developments, ridiculous motivations, bizarre twists and illogical situations, a lampshade can also cover obviously cribbed plot elements by having the author acknowledge through a character that "This is just like..."  "

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 15, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

"...Often used to account for implausible developments, ridiculous motivations, bizarre twists and illogical situations, a lampshade can also cover obviously cribbed plot elements by having the author acknowledge through a character that "This is just like..."  "

This guy loved his lampshades.

cweb

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 15, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Ah, Lampy.

albrecht

Although I must admit some laughter I also have some pity and think these poor souls should not be singled out for ridicule. Or "happy souls" for that matter, since they appear to be ok with their world and even making a living at their "art" or whatever. I'm far from a liberal, whatever that means, but they are just random people who, admittedly seem odd. But not public figures (like the current host or a politician) who deserve need ridicule and jokes. They probably don't even understand what posting their pictures and names on a C2C website means in some cases (or if they do- considering the quality of the pictures and information- need a good "talking too" by a relative, friend, or social worker.) My 2 cents. As I get a older I, sort of, regret making fun of retards, hippies, junkies/alkies, homeless, nerds, and the like- which used to be common. Especially nerds. Since they now run the world (or at least the stock market valuation.) So there. Some compassion, from me! Take that all who claim all I do is bitch about illegals, Norry, or Obama!
ps: but, I have to admit, they are funny. Lampy is best though (and true, I have a lamp and radio set up on timer for precisely that. Scare any burglars away with light...not so much...but certainly with Norry voices at night.)

paladin1991

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 11, 2014, 01:40:40 PM
Nobody even came close to Eric White Soaring Dork Eagle this week, but it was a close call between Cathy and Bethany.  I gave the edge to Cathy because of her comment about GN's laugh and her feeling that there's a little bit of him in every painting she's done while listening to C2C.  That sounds like a real nightmare gallery.

[attachimg=1]

"I am a professional fine artist and do paintings of wildlife and commissioned portraits of pets. I do artwork late into the night and always listen to Coast to Coast as I work.  I also listen to the archives during the day. It's funny but i can look at certain portraits I have done and remember what a show was about when I did that painting.  I feel there is a little bit of George Noory in every painting i do!  :)  By the way, George has the greatest laugh in the world!  :)"
--Cathy, Long Beach, CA
I will bet she shops at my store.  The whole friggin' city chops at my Trader Joe's.

Quote from: albrecht on September 15, 2014, 09:36:01 PM
Although I must admit some laughter I also have some pity and think these poor souls should not be singled out for ridicule. Or "happy souls" for that matter, since they appear to be ok with their world and even making a living at their "art" or whatever. I'm far from a liberal, whatever that means, but they are just random people who, admittedly seem odd. But not public figures (like the current host or a politician) who deserve need ridicule and jokes. They probably don't even understand what posting their pictures and names on a C2C website means in some cases (or if they do- considering the quality of the pictures and information- need a good "talking too" by a relative, friend, or social worker.) My 2 cents. As I get a older I, sort of, regret making fun of retards, hippies, junkies/alkies, homeless, nerds, and the like- which used to be common. Especially nerds. Since they now run the world (or at least the stock market valuation.) So there. Some compassion, from me! Take that all who claim all I do is bitch about illegals, Norry, or Obama!
ps: but, I have to admit, they are funny. Lampy is best though (and true, I have a lamp and radio set up on timer for precisely that. Scare any burglars away with light...not so much...but certainly with Norry voices at night.)

You're right of course.  Public figures and guests of the show, who are putting their lunacy or incompetence on display for public examination, are fair game but we probably shouldn't comment on regular callers or other private individuals.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 15, 2014, 09:47:52 PM
You're right of course.  Public figures and guests of the show, who are putting their lunacy or incompetence on display for public examination, are fair game but we probably shouldn't comment on regular callers or other private individuals.
Lest I be called a hypocrite I have commented on regular callers and even found some amazing youtube pages (I have posted) on a few. In particular a certain atheist astronomer. Maybe I shouldn't have- but it was, somewhat, motivated as to how certain callers seem to be let on the air so frequently. And they took more effort (frequent calls and public pages) to get "out there." I have a feeling that some of these people who sign up for the C2C forum think it is private or are duped (well, they are considering the "options" out there to get the program.) Still though after seeing some I have some regrets and figure, now, making fun of people who aren't public or making $$ from their delusions or lifestyle sort of bad. I know the internet promotes that, which is bad, I think. Bullying and shame has their legitimate place- in politics, schools, churches, families, friends, sports, etc (within reason!) But do it face-to-face and risk repercussions and, also, help enforce social mores and order.

cweb

Yeah, I felt a bit bad for making fun of the people in the galleries- so I started making these ridiculous characters instead.

Here's the other one.

albrecht

Quote from: cweb on September 16, 2014, 08:11:03 AM
Yeah, I felt a bit bad for making fun of the people in the galleries- so I started making these ridiculous characters instead.

Here's the other one.

Brilliant, though "Lampy" is my favorite. Please tell me you joined up and actually posted that on the official member galleries!

I had some misgivings when I started this thread, because a lot of the Insiders do appear to be gentle, sincere, goodhearted souls.  It was never my intention to make fun of them or hurt them in any way.  On the other hand, there are quite a few who obviously joined up primarily because it offered them a free opportunity to promote themselves and something they're selling.  Anyone who passes himself off as a Native American shaman and teaches his own version of remote viewing on the side while posting a picture of himself selling stuff at a Woo convention with his cash box clearly visible has a personal agenda and therefore has made himself fair game for some snarky commentary. 

I’ve known several full-blooded Native Americans, and while they were proud of their heritage and had a great reverence for their cultural traditions, none of them ever claimed to have any special innate Native American powers or mojo.  It bugs me when someone who’s maybe 10% Native American fabricates a mystical identity around that by claiming to be some kind of shaman or healer complete with a preposterous name.  It’s funny how these people always have names that suggest great power and nobility of spirit, like Soaring White Eagle, Robert Ghostwolf (whose real name was Robert Franzone, and who had a long, shameful history as a con artist under various pseudonyms), or something with Buffalo or Hawk in it. They never have names like Gentle Bunny, Timid Deer, or Chirping Sparrow.  I feel those people are shameless frauds who prey on the gullible and should be treated as such.  In fact, I’m surprised so many people accept them at face value. If someone with a smattering of Scandinavian ancestry went around in Viking gear and called himself Trevor, aka Bjorn the Bloodyhanded, nobody would take him the least bit seriously. 

Albrecht, and GFP, you raised some very good points, and I agree that the Insiders who are just avid fans and enjoy the show should be off limits.  I apologize if this thread came across as gratuitously cruel to them because that’s not what I intended. 

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 16, 2014, 01:32:09 PM
I had some misgivings when I started this thread, because a lot of the Insiders do appear to be gentle, sincere, goodhearted souls.  It was never my intention to make fun of them or hurt them in any way.  On the other hand, there are quite a few who obviously joined up primarily because it offered them a free opportunity to promote themselves and something they're selling.  Anyone who passes himself off as a Native American shaman and teaches his own version of remote viewing on the side while posting a picture of himself selling stuff at a Woo convention with his cash box clearly visible has a personal agenda and therefore has made himself fair game for some snarky commentary. 

I’ve known several full-blooded Native Americans, and while they were proud of their heritage and had a great reverence for their cultural traditions, none of them ever claimed to have any special innate Native American powers or mojo.  It bugs me when someone who’s maybe 10% Native American fabricates a mystical identity around that by claiming to be some kind of shaman or healer complete with a preposterous name.  It’s funny how these people always have names that suggest great power and nobility of spirit, like Soaring White Eagle, Robert Ghostwolf (whose real name was Robert Franzone, and who had a long, shameful history as a con artist under various pseudonyms), or something with Buffalo or Hawk in it. They never have names like Gentle Bunny, Timid Deer, or Chirping Sparrow.  I feel those people are shameless frauds who prey on the gullible and should be treated as such.  In fact, I’m surprised so many people accept them at face value. If someone with a smattering of Scandinavian ancestry went around in Viking gear and called himself Trevor, aka Bjorn the Bloodyhanded, nobody would take him the least bit seriously. 

Albrecht, and GFP, you raised some very good points, and I agree that the Insiders who are just avid fans and enjoy the show should be off limits.  I apologize if this thread came across as gratuitously cruel to them because that’s not what I intended.
I hear you on all those points, I wasn't offended just sort of started feeling sorry for some of them. You point about the fake "Indians" is well put. Sort of like how all of the people who are regressed and "remember" their past lives were Napoleon, Queen Victoria, etc. Never some exploited peasant farmer or gin-besotted prostitute.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 16, 2014, 01:32:09 PM

Oh, no need to apologize for anything.  For my part it was more of a self-admonition.  I've made some posts about regular callers in the past and felt a little ashamed of it even before pressing the post button.  I've always found your posts respectful, intelligent, and entertaining.

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2014, 01:41:12 PM
I hear you on all those points, I wasn't offended just sort of started feeling sorry for some of them. You point about the fake "Indians" is well put. Sort of like how all of the people who are regressed and "remember" their past lives were Napoleon, Queen Victoria, etc. Never some exploited peasant farmer or gin-besotted prostitute.

Thanks!  You made a good point about how the Insiders aren't public figures and may have no control over how their info is used on the site, so I just wanted to clarify that my intent is just to single out those who seem to be taking part just for personal gain and self-promotion.

And couldn't agree more about the typical past lives types.  I'm much more willing to believe someone who recalls being ordinary people in past lives than those who claim to have been significant historical figures.

Morgus

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 16, 2014, 01:32:09 PMIt’s funny how these people always have names that suggest great power and nobility of spirit ... something with Buffalo or Hawk in it.
Kinda like a radio show host that had used the name "Night HAWK" ?  8)

cweb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 16, 2014, 03:14:00 PM
Thanks!  You made a good point about how the Insiders aren't public figures and may have no control over how their info is used on the site, so I just wanted to clarify that my intent is just to single out those who seem to be taking part just for personal gain and self-promotion.
Agreed! If John Everyman wants the world to know he loves Snoory, fine by me.

But if he's using the platform to sell snake oil to people, he becomes our bitch.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 16, 2014, 02:10:59 PM
Oh, no need to apologize for anything.  For my part it was more of a self-admonition.  I've made some posts about regular callers in the past and felt a little ashamed of it even before pressing the post button.  I've always found your posts respectful, intelligent, and entertaining.

Cheers, GFP!  I get a little snarky sometimes, but I'm basically here to have fun.  The number of nice, interesting, and/or talented people and the general level of thoughtful discourse here makes BellGab the best message board I've found in all my years on the interwebs.  And it's why I have such a damned hard time staying away from when there are all sorts of constructive activities I should be attending to instead.   ::) 

Quote from: cweb on September 16, 2014, 03:19:07 PM
Agreed! If John Everyman wants the world to know he loves Snoory, fine by me.

But if he's using the platform to sell snake oil to people, he becomes our bitch.

Yep! That's when it's time to open the can of cheddar flavored whup ass.

pate

That's a dick move Rob.

Why is Jorge coughing?